27

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"Minhyun."

 

"Minhyun."

 

Minhyun blinked his eyes open and sat up, breathing in deeply as his cheeks became crimson red. He looked down and gasped before covering his face.

 

"What a way to start my day."

 

The student council president got off his bed and headed to the bathroom. He washed his face first before taking a quick shower. After dressing up and spraying just the right amount of perfume, he picked up his bag and headed out. He breathed in and out slowly as he waited for the twins. 

 

"Waaahhh!" 

 

Minhyun raised his brows as Baekho stumbled out from the gate. Dongho came out moments later with a pout. 

 

"Oh? You're not wearing your blazer today," Minhyun said and Dongho jumped. 

 

"Minhyun, morning." 

 

"Morning, Dongho, Baekho." 

 

"Morning!" Baekho said and hid behind him. Dongho fumed but fixed the jacket he had on. 

 

"What's going on here?" 

 

"He spilled milk all over our blazers and we ran out of clean ones so I don't have a choice but to wear his jacket."

 

"Want to lend mine?" Minhyun asked and Dongho's eyes twinkled. 

 

"No way." Baekho suddenly tugged on Minhyun's arm, startling the two. 

 

"What do you mean no?" Dongho hissed. 

 

"If you get one, I get one too," Baekho said defiantly. Minhyun laughed and ruffled his hair. 

 

"Alright, alright. Neither of you get one then," he said and held a hand out to Dongho since Baekho was already clinging to his arm. Dongho huffed and held Minhyun's hand before they made their way to school. "Seems like you're getting more comfortable, aren't you, Baekho?" 

 

"Hmm?" 

 

Minhyun shifted his arm and the other gasped, hurriedly letting go. "Aww. Come on. It's fine to hold it." 

 

"Eh... B-but I don't have to!" 

 

"But you want to, don't you?" 

 

Baekho scoffed and rushed ahead, heading straight for the school field instead. Dongho let Minhyun's hand go and chuckled softly. 

 

"There he goes." 

 

"Guess he still wants to put up the tough act, huh." 

 

"Well, he thinks it makes him look cool," Dongho chuckled. 

 

"Ah. So this is how the soccer team's second best looks like." 

 

Dongho and Minhyun both glanced behind as a teenage student in different gym clothes stood by the gate which they had just walked pass. 

 

"Are you talking to us?" Dongho asked. The student smiled and nodded. 

 

"You're that kid, right? The one who will take over Kang Daniel once he graduates?" 

 

"Oh, you mean-" Dongho stopped Minhyun and smiled. 

 

"And what about it?" 

 

"Nothing. I'm just here to scout our competitors for the national competition. I'll be seeing you sooner than you think." 

 

"Cool. Good luck with nationals." Dongho flashed him a smile and the student nodded before walking away. Minhyun raised a brow in confusion. 

 

"Why did you lie?" he asked softly as they turned to walk towards their class. 

 

"I didn't lie. I didn't say I'm Baekho." 

 

"Well... But still..." 

 

"I just had a weird gut feeling. Don't worry about it." 

 

"I do worry about it," Minhyun scoffed but Dongho shrugged it off. "By the way, are we going to continue studying together? I've got student council meetings again so I can only meet you after that." 

 

"I don't mind. I'll be fine as long as I get to spend time with you."

 

Minhyun smiled and nodded. "Alright. I'll come over once I shower."

 

After the meeting filled with teasing Seungwoo and not knowing what to say to a gloomy Aron ended, Minhyun headed to the field to check if Baekho was ready to leave as well. He saw the twin sitting on the bleachers with a blank expression and a paper in his hand.

 

"Hey! Practice is over?" Minhyun asked cheerfully and Baekho looked up, hurriedly stuffing the paper into his bag. He tilted his head but decided not to ask.

 

"Yeah... It is," Baekho replied and got up. "Um... Let's go home?"

 

"Okay."

 

They walked side by side quietly. It was normal but Minhyun could sense that Baekho seemed down. He wanted to ask and dig it out from the other but knew it wouldn't work until Baekho was ready to tell him what was bothering him so he tried to start a brief conversation first.

 

"So... Aron and Minki didn't get together."

 

"Oh."

 

"But neither did Jonghyun. Minki wants more time to get to know them before deciding. Oh, but Seungwoo and Daniel are together now! So... That's good."

 

"Yeah."

 

Minhyun pursed his lips and nudged Baekho who flinched. "Don't be so down. Want ice cream?"

 

"No thanks. I'm not in the mood today."

 

Minhyun gasped and feigned hurt. "You're rejecting me?"

 

Baekho hurriedly shook his head. "N-no! I-I can accompany you b-but-"

 

"I'm just kidding. I can tell you're bothered by something."

 

Baekho bit his lower lip and nodded.

 

"Well... You don't have to tell me if you don't want to but... I'll appreciate it if you do."

 

"Minhyun... Do you see me doing soccer in the future too?"

 

"Hmm? Well... You're good at it. But I don't know. There is something you like something more than soccer, right?"

 

"Yes..."

 

"Oh?"

 

Baekho squeezed his bag strap and stopped walking. Minhyun spun around and leaned forward. "I... I plan on quitting soccer after the national competition."

 

Minhyun raised his brows. He blinked and put on a smile. "I see. Then... What are you going to take up?"

 

"I... Actually... Uh..."

 

"Are you too shy to say it?" Baekho nodded and Minhyun chuckled. "Even though we have been friends for so long?"

 

"It's... Its not something I can just openly tell everyone. Not right now."

 

"That's okay. I think? You'll tell me when you're ready just like how Dongho told me about chess."

 

Baekho nodded and they went into their own houses after Minhyun told him about the study plan that had to be tweaked a little due to their changing schedules again. Once he had showered, Minhyun headed over to the twin's house with his bag of homework and revision books. He put it down in the living room and headed upstairs since the twins weren't down yet. He skipped a little as he knocked on Dongho's room door before doing the same to Baekho's. The door to Baekho's room opened first and both the boys yelped, jumping back as Baekho only had a towel wrapped around his waist.

 

"Wah!" 

 

"I'm sorry!" Minhyun squeaked and closed his eyes as Baekho slammed his door shut again. Dongho opened his door with a confused look. 

 

"What's wrong?" 

 

"Ahh... Nothing?!"

 

"But your face is all red. Did Baekho do something?" 

 

"N-no. Just... I... His body. Since when?" Minhyun blurted out as the defined 6 pecs invaded his mind again. It reminded him of the dream he had in the morning and he gasped, covering his face in embarrassment. 

 

"Minhyun?" 

 

"Oh god. I'm so... Ugh... Breathe, Minhyun. Breathe." Minhyun looked at Dongho and he rushed back downstairs, confusing the other who followed him. 

 

"Hey, wait up." 

 

"I can't believe I completely forgot about it!" Minhyun whined. "No, wait. It was great that I did." 

 

"Forget what?" 

 

Minhyun sat down on the couch and shook his head. "It's nothing." He looked at Dongho for a split second before looking down again. Oh god. The dream flooded his mind and he could hear his heartbeat in his ears as well. Baekho came downstairs fully dressed and cleared his throat, rubbing his neck awkwardly. Minhyun jolted at the sound of Baekho's voice alone and snatched a pillow up to cover his face. This was bad, really bad. He curled up on the couch and tried to hide his tall self unsuccessfully. 

 

"Minhyun? What's going on?" Dongho asked, still uncertain what had happened that caused his boyfriend to have such a reaction. 

 

"It's nothing. Don't mind me. J-just start without me first." 

 

Baekho sat down on the floor beside Dongho and pursed his lips. Dongho shot a accusing glare at Baekho who frowned back. 

 

"I didn't know it was him. I didn't mean to step out half ," Baekho squeaked and Minhyun yelped, covering his ears that were heating up as well. 

 

"Half ?!" Dongho blurted out and Baekho bit his lip. 

 

"I was covered with my towel! It's n-no big deal. We are all g-guys here." 

 

"That's exactly the big deal. We aren't... Regular guys, Baekho. Look at Minhyun now." 

 

"I'm sorry, okay?" 

 

"Sorry isn't going to erase his memories of what just happened." 

 

"Okay, no fighting," Minhyun cut in before the two misinterpreted the situation even more. He sat up and made sure the pillow hid his... Rather unwelcomed . Minhyun never thought he would experience such shamefulness but he tried to keep a calm face about it although his legs were now pressed hard against one another. Having a over his friend of 6 years?! Minhyun felt like slapping himself awake but he was very sure he was wide awake too because of the throbbing pain and need to release. He slid down the couch, still keeping the pillow on himself as he breathed in and out deeply. He tried to pull his books out and focus on studying. Maybe it'll go away but then he paused. Their knees touched his from opposite the table since they all had lengthy legs compared to the size of the table and Minhyun became more conscious about it. His eyelids flickered wildly and that caught Dongho's attention. 

 

"Minhyun?" 

 

"Yes?!" Minhyun squealed and even Baekho could tell there was something wrong. 

 

"Was my body that disturbing to look at?" 

 

"N-no. Absolutely not. I'm just... A little... Caught off guard," Minhyun blurted out as an excuse. "I-I will forget it s-soon." 

 

"Okay." Baekho went back to looking at his books but Dongho stared at Minhyun who fiddled with his pencil and the pillow instead. He could see how red Minhyun's face was and it was even creeping down his neck. He could tell something was definitely wrong especially when Minhyun's breathing became ragged and he barely even answered a single question. 

 

"Minhyun, are you...," Dongho paused as Minhyun snapped his head up with pleading eyes. "No way..." 

 

"What? What's the matter?" Baekho asked in confusion. Dongho got up and scooted over to Minhyun who gasped and tried to crawl away but Dongho grabbed him. "Hey, Dongho. What are you doing?" 

 

Dongho grabbed the pillow but Minhyun gripped it tightly. "Stop, Dongho." 

 

"You are, aren't you?" 

 

"I'm n-not!" 

 

"Dongho, Minhyun told you to stop it." 

 

"You're not going to be able to focus at this point. I can help. So can Baekho." 

 

"What?!" Minhyun was completely caught off guard by that and his grip on the pillow loosened just enough for Dongho to snatch it away. Minhyun yelped and tried to hide with his hands instead. "Don't look!" 

 

Dongho blushed and Baekho got up, about to pull his twin away when he finally clicked the situation together. He froze and gaped at Minhyun who whined in embarrassment and turned away. 

 

"Not you too, Baekho." 

 

"Y-you-u- why?" 

 

"It's because of Baekho, isn't it?" Dongho asked and tried to keep a calm composure. Minhyun rolled over to his side, trying to cover it more as he pouted. 

 

"No! I mean... Partially..." 

 

"Wait! You're hard because of me?!" Baekho squeaked and stepped back in shock. Dongho chuckled at his twin's reaction and sat down. 

 

"He likes you, after all. This is proof enough, isn't it?" 

 

Baekho was beyond words. He had never once thought that Minhyun would get hard for some weird reason. His mind was just too innocent and naive that the thought of anything sinful involving Minhyun were thrown out the window. Sure, he liked Minhyun a lot but just being able to hold hands was already a miracle for him. 

 

"It's not just Baekho," Minhyun whispered and pulled the pillow back from Dongho to cover himself so he could hide his face behind his hands instead. 

 

"Eh?" 

 

"I... I had a wet dream about b-both of you today. I forgot about it until I s-saw Baekho's body earlier."