15

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Dongho entered his house and squealed, covering his tomato colored face and giggled to himself.

 

"Wow. Sounds like someone had a fun time," He heard Baekho's voice speak up and he shrieked, hopping back agaisnt the door in surprise. Baekho laughed and tilted his head. He was on the couch, watching TV.

 

"Baekho, you scared me!" Dongho grumbled and walked over to him, plopping down beside him before a grin spread across his face again. Baekho relaxed back onto the couch and chuckled.

 

"Sure, sure." They sat in silence for awhile but Baekho could clearly see how fidgety Dongho was. "So... You wanna... Tell me about it or are we just going to sit here?"

 

"Oh. You don't mind hearing?" Dongho replied eagerly while squeezing his hands. "I don't want to make you feel... You know... Bad."

 

"If you're happy, then that's good enough for me." 

 

Dongho couldn't hold himself back and pounced onto Baekho in a tight hug, surprising his twin. He hadn't gotten a hug attack in so long that he had forgotten that Dongho was equally as strong as he was. He gasped and tried to push him away. 

 

"Can't breathe, Dongho," He whined and Dongho loosened his girp but didn't let go as he buried his head on his twin's arm. "You're this happy, huh?" 

 

"I could die." 

 

"Uh.... Please don't. Minhyun would be sad." 

 

Dongho giggled and shook his head. "I love him so so so much, Baek ah..." 

 

"I know." 

 

Dongho started rambling about their date as he sat properly and Baekho just listened to his brother go on and on about Minhyun. He noticed the flower crown and didn't mention anything until Dongho told him about it too. He felt a small twinge in his chest but pushed it down. Today was about Dongho, not him. Plus he really was glad his twin was this happy even if the person he was with was the one he liked too. At least it sounded like Minhyun had a fun time too. "Oh and also... Um... Don't get upset. I know you thought about me when you wanted to kiss him and you didn't... But uh... Basically, we kissed." 

 

Baekho stiffened and his eyes stared at the TV but nothing was registering in his head. "Oh." 

 

"Baekho?" 

 

"I see," Baekho could only blurt out as Dongho entered his vision. He looked at his twin and gulped. "Dongho..."

 

"I'm really sorry but he did say he could let me kiss him if he deemed it a success but! He also said he's still going to go on the date with you so... You still have a chance too!" Dongho squeaked when he realised his twin had became stiff and unmoving except for his eyes that held a silent battle. 

 

"He... He did?" 

 

"Yeah. So... He still hasn't choose between us yet, I think. But he... Enjoyed the date I hope," Dongho said, hoping he didn't make his twin upset as always. He seemed to be able to do that mercilessly and knew he should try to be better. He was the older one but he always unintentionally or intentionally scar his twin just for his own sake. It was selfish but Dongho couldn't stop. Didn't want to. But he was going to try to. 

 

"Cool... Man, you set the bar high," Baekho said and smiled a bit, hoping his tone sounded normal. He honestly didn't know what to feel right now. He couldn't blame either for kissing each other. The date sounded wonderful and he would have loved to go for something like that with Minhyun and even receive a gift from him even if it was just a flower crown. Dongho earned the kiss. Baekho just hoped he was able to be up to standards too. "Now what am I supposed to do?"

 

"Just be you. I think Minhyun likes that about you," Dongho replied with a shrug.

 

"Ugh. When I'm all nervous and don't know how to act in front of him? That me?" Baekho grumbled. Dongho chuckled and patted his shoulder.

 

"Maybe. He does find you cute, I believe. Cuter than me at least."

 

"Me? Cute? I want to be cool."

 

"Tough luck, Baek. I'm gonna go shower."

 

"Okay."

 

Tough luck, Baek, tough luck. 

 

~

 

Minhyun stared at the ceiling fan as it spun after he had taken a shower and had dinner with his parents. He blinked a couple of times before his mind started to replay moments from the date. He found his cheeks heating up as the memories finally process in his mind. They were acting so lovey dovey today yet Minhyun had managed to just brush it all off like it was something regular. Holding hands, wiping lips, watching while holding hands. Minhyun found his head spin as he buried his face against his victim, his poor pillow and yelped. He must've had gone nuts earlier to have just gone by the day without much of a strong reaction and the kiss! He couldn't believe himself. He kissed Dongho. Or well, Dongho kissed him. He curled up and mumbled into the pillow since he couldn't find it in him to scream. He didn't want to alarm his parents.

 

Was that how a date was like? Minhyun hadn't know. He had tried to go along with everything today and honestly his heart was still jittery after what happened but his reactions all just appeared now as he rolled into a fetus position, just screeching incoherently into his pillow before slowly calming down. He started to pull his pillow away to breathe, only to feel the embarassment crawl up his ears instead and he whined, shaking his head to try to get himself to stay calm. This was no way for the student council president to act after a date. It was just a date! And it's not like... It's not like...

 

"I like him..."

 

Minhyun froze and shook his head, slapping his cheeks. Its not like he liked him that way! Maybe? 

 

"Hold on. I'm so confused again."

 

He pulled at his cheeks and groaned as he laid down and hugged his pillow again.

 

"Dongho, Baekho, Dongho, Baekho. Ugh.... Can't you just settle on one, heart?"

 

Except there was a little devil on his shoulder whispering words to him.

 

"You could have both." 

 

And an angel trying to fend it off on the other.

 

"No! That would be immoral." 

 

But Minhyun couldn't listen to either as he brushed them both off.

 

He thought the date would help but now it just made him feel worse. He thought he had made his choice but now he didn't know again. He really couldn't pick between the two because they both had their own charms honestly. 

 

Well, he did still have his date with Baekho too. 

 

+

 

"Good morning, Minhyun," Dongho said with a bright smile as the two met on Monday morning which was also Valentine's day. Minhyun flinched and smiled hurriedly, cheeks turning slightly pink as he looked at Dongho. He unintentionally thought about the date and the kiss, everything rushing through his mind. 

 

"Morning, Dongho. Baekho." 

 

"Happy Valentine's Day. Here," Dongho chirped while handing him a bag of homemade chocolate cookies. Minhyun beamed and accepted it. 

 

"Thank you."

 

"M-m-" Baekho muttered and held out a bag as well but instead of cookies, it was a bunch of assorted chocolates instead. "Sorry I can't bake."

 

Minhyun smiled and accepted it as well. "Thank you. I can't bake either but here, as always." He took out two chocolate lollipops and handed it to both of them just like every year on this day. It became a habit somehow but this year, it felt especially special to both of them and Minhyun as well. He kept the cookies and chocolate before motioning them to head to school. 

 

Once Baekho went his own way to the field, the two headed to class. Immediately, Dongho was swarmed by female classmates who handed him chocolates. Minhyun managed to slip by but was surrounded by a different group of females as well. Chocolates slid into their arms and as quickly as they appeared, they disappeared as well. Dongho and Minhyun exchanged glances and the mini mountains of chocolates in their arms before laughing softly, earning jealous looks from their male classmates who didn't get any or lesser. 

 

"Don't look at us like that. Here, have a few," Dongho offered his classmates who eagerly took them from him. Dongho didn't need that many after all, just one. Minhyun shared his as well before taking a seat. 

 

"Even the new kid gets more than us," one of their classmate whined to Dongho who chuckled. Jonghyun smiled apologetically. 

 

"I can't help that I'm famous," Jonghyun said jokingly and that was when Dongho noticed that he was getting along with the rest of the class too which was a good thing in his book. 

 

"B-Baekho sunbae."

 

Baekho looked at the girl approaching him as he finished packing his bag. He looked around at first, making sure she was really speaking with him before nodding a little.

 

"U-uh... Could you help me give this to Dongho sunbae please?!" she squeaked and Baekho blinked, looking at the box of chocolates she held out. Baekho pursed his lips and scowled unintentionally.

 

"Give it to him yourself. It's not like he will reject it," Baekho blurted out without thinking and the girl flinched before becoming teary eyed. She rushed off before Baekho could say anything else.

 

"Wow. That's so cold of you, Baekho sunbae," Minki chirped, making Baekho flinch out of surprise.

 

"Where did you come from?"

 

"Couldn't you have just helped her?" he chuckled, ignoring Baekho's question as the other headed back to class.

 

"Dongho would accept it whether or not he likes her," Baekho replied the other. Minki whistled and stopped Baekho in his tracks just as he opened his class door.

 

"Since I've got a bunch and you probably got none, I'll give you this," Minki teased while handing him a small bar of chocolate. He glanced into the class and Baekho raised a brow as he held the chocolate.

 

"Aren't you upset at me for not wanting to help you? I also know that you and Jonghyun have something going on. You think this is going to make him jealous or something?" Baekho sighed. "But thanks, I guess."

 

Minki giggled and patted his shoulder. "If you know, then just play along with me for a bit. Don't worry. I won't get upset over something small like that."

 

Baekho entered the class and walked to his seat, ignoring the stares he got from the others as he stuffed Minki's chocolate into his pocket. 

 

"Is there something going on between your brother and Minki?" Jonghyun asked Dongho almost immediately. Dongho pushed his glasses up and chuckled. 

 

"Baekho and Minki? Well...." Dongho glanced at Baekho who just stared out the window. "They're friends. Sort of. But I don't think he's the one you have to worry about." 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

Dongho shook his head, not wanting to meddle in someone else's relationship. "Anyways, I have to thank you for the coupons. Minhyun and I had a great time together." 

 

"Oh. You already went on the date?" 

 

"Yep. Day before yesterday."

 

"No problem. I mean, friends... Help each other, right?" 

 

Dongho smiled and nodded, somehow sensing as if Jonghyun meant something a little more than he gave off but he brushed it off as he turned his attention back to the teacher who entered the class. 

 

"Exams are coming up soon so don't think so much about relationships right now. I know it's Valentine's day but in the future, a lot of things won't stay the same so just focus on yourself right now," the teacher lectured them as he could smell the chocolate wafting in the air. Minhyun touched his bottom lip and hummed. He really should focus on his studies but being in close proximity with the twins everyday constantly reminded him that their friendship was changing too. Nothing really did stay the same even if Minhyun had wanted it to but knowing how they feel yet not giving them a proper response left him with a bitter aftertaste like dark chocolate lingering on his taste buds.

 

He glanced at Dongho who smiled back at him and he felt his heart skip a beat.

 

Well, it wasn't all bitter though.