7

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Minhyun munched on the waffles as he waited for the twins to exit the toilet. They took their seats and Minhyun smiled. "So... What were you two talking about?"

 

Baekho shrugged and leaned back, acting nonchalant as he sipped his coffee. Dongho, on the other hand, leaned forward and held Minhyun's hand.

 

"Minhyun, will you go on a date with me?"

 

Minhyun froze and Baekho choked on his coffee. The tallest male gasped and handed him tissues with one hand.

 

"That's not fair," Baekho growled and Dongho scoffed.

 

"What's not fair, huh?"

 

"You tried to stop me earlier from explaining and now you pull this ?"

 

"Uh..." Minhyun blinked several times and pulled his hand away, taking a long gulp of his grapefruit ade. "Um..."

 

"I want to go on a d-d-date with you too!" Baekho stuttered slightly, cheeks turning red. Minhyun jumped, cheeks turning red and head spinning.

 

"Eh-"

 

"I asked first. So... What do you say? I'll plan everything so you don't have to worry about it."

 

"I-"

 

"You said to be fair s-so- you should pick who you want to go on a d-date with first," Baekho said, cursing himself silently for his stutters that appear every time he tried to speak his mind in front of Minhyun. 

 

"Uh..." Minhyun laid his head on the table, brain fried from the twins' advancements. 

 

"Ah. Are you okay, Minhyun?" Dongho asked worriedly. 

 

Minhyun shook his head and grumbled. He looked at the two of them and sighed a long draggy sigh. "So it's true then?" 

 

"What is?" 

 

Minhyun sat up straight and fixed his shirt. "The two of you... Really think of me more than just friends?" 

 

"We like you more than just friends," Dongho said honestly and Minhyun felt a weird thump in his chest. He frowned slightly and turned to Baekho who nodded in agreement. Great. Great.... Now he felt like burying himself. So what Seungwoo said was true after all?? He made a weird noise that made the twins jolt and shook his head. Dongho became disappointed while Baekho sort of expected this sort of reaction. In the first place, its not like they knew if Minhyun even liked guys. "Sorry for being so sudden but things have getting out of control lately because of our feelings towards you. I totally understand if you're uneasy to hang out with us..." 

 

"Are you stupid? I... There's no way I can just stop hanging out with you two because of that," Minhyun hissed and clenched his pants. "I... I just feel so dumb for not realising it by myself even though I hang out with you two everyday. For how long...?" 

 

"We only came to realise it two years ago," Dongho explained. Minhyun spun his head to Baekho who looked away with red cheeks. 

 

"Even you?!" 

 

"Tsk. Its not like we understood what we were feeling," Baekho snapped and Minhyun relaxed in his seat. He picked up his fork and stuffed his mouth with more ice cream to hopefully cool his head. "But to be honest, Dongho realised it and admitted first..."

 

"That's why I called dibs on chasing you but I didn't know how to so I thought if I just stayed close to you everyday, sooner or later, you might look at me that way too but that never happened and the tension between us became too large to handle." 

 

"Oh." Minhyun rubbed his temples. He can't believe he was the cause of it all. Actually he still couldn't. Love? Like? What was that to someone like him? Minhyun just didn't want to be alone. He looked back and forth between the twins who waited for him to say something. He sighed and shrugged. "I... I'll have to think about it." 

 

"Of course. Take all the time you need," Dongho said gently. "Thank you for even considering it." 

 

Minhyun didn't want to lose either one of them. He liked them both equally and wanted to treat them both fairly.

 

"T-thanks," Baekho replied bashfully. Minhyun noticed his pink tinted cheeks and looked at Dongho who was all smiles. What different reactions, he silently thought to himself. 

 

~~~

 

"EHHH?! SO THEY BO-" 

 

"SHUSH! Don't be so loud," Minhyun snapped at Seungwoo who clamped his lips shut with a smirking grin. 

 

"I can't believe this. I was right, wasn't I?" 

 

"Oh shut it. I hate that you're right." 

 

"Why? Don't you like both twins?" 

 

"Yeah but I never considered them as dating partners. Not to mention, how would I even choose between them? We spent almost equal amount of time with each other," Minhyun sighed while rambling to Seungwoo who was gleeful. 

 

"Well, who do you like to talk to more?" 

 

"Ugh... Dongho is easier to talk to. But Baekho can get talkative too if we talk about things he has interest in. Or maybe not..." 

 

"Ooh. Who would you rather be locked up with for a whole day?" 

 

"Neither," Minhyun shot Seungwoo's question down. The secretary laughed and shook his head. 

 

"Why?" 

 

"Cause... If you're talking about haunted spooky stuff, neither of them can take it well."

 

"Really? Even the tough one?" 

 

"Especially the tough one. Baekho just looks tough. Don't let his exterior mislead you. He's just a real softie," Minhyun said since he knew how much of a crybaby the other actually was. He just tried to look tough for some reason that Minhyun didn't exactly know or maybe he did now but refused to accept it as the truth. 

 

"Hmmm... Who would you rather wake up to in the morning?" 

 

That question had Minhyun thinking. He scratched his head and closed his eyes, trying to imagine who he would prefer waking up to but it was difficult. "They both have the same exact face!" 

 

Seungwoo crackled again and the door opened, Aron looked at them with a small smile. 

 

"What's wrong with Seungwoo?" Aron asked Minhyun who shook his head and spun his index finger in a circular motion beside his temple. Aron smiled and sat down. 

 

"Get a load of this, Aron. The twins are finally making a proper move on Minhyun. They both asked him out," Seungwoo immediately spilled the beans. Aron gasped and looked at Minhyun who groaned. 

 

"Congratulations?" 

 

"What--what's that for? You two aren't helpful at all!" 

 

Minhyun couldn't come to a conclusion in the end. Again. And decided to think about it later as he changed into his gym clothes as they were about to have a school clean up session before classes start today. He had to host the event with his fellow council members. Going on stage was a pretty normal thing for him as he gave a quick speech, asking students to cooperate and behave well just like a teacher would and also to explain what they had to do. The classes were all separated into groups so each would take care of a different area. They were also mixed amongst the other year students to 'help students get along better' or so that was the pretense of it. Minhyun knew it was just so students won't slack off with their friends. 

 

"I'll patrol around the lower ground. Seungwoo, you take the field area and Aron, you're in charge of the upper floors."

 

"Yes, sir," Seungwoo said chirpily and Aron smiled. 

 

"Thanks, Minhyun."

 

Minhyun was confused at first when Aron sped off without a second thought but soon realised Minki's group was in charge upstairs. He also noticed the new student chatting with the male but shook his head, moving to patrol his own area. He looked around for the twins and could only find Baekho....alone? He looked around in confusion as they were all supposed to have groups. He approached the quiet male who was picking up trash. 

 

"Baekho?" 

 

Baekho jolted and spun around, thongs lifting up. Minhyun chuckled and took a step back before the other relaxed but his cheeks started becoming pink as he turned away again. 

 

"Oh. Minhyun."

 

"Why are you alone? Where are your group members?"

 

"Don't know," Baekho responded nonchalantly. Minhyun raised a brow at him and crossed his arms. 

 

"Tell me their names and classes." 

 

"It's fine. They're probably scared of me and decided to go somewhere else to pick up the trash," Baekho muttered. Minhyun sighed and rubbed his neck. 

 

"I'll help you." 

 

"You don't have to. You need to go patrol, right?" 

 

"I'll help. My job is to make sure everyone gets fair treatment."

 

Baekho shrugged and just tossed a plastic bag to Minhyun who caught it and opened it so Baekho could throw the rubbish inside faster. Minhyun watched Baekho work efficiently, spotting the next rubbish to pick up as he kept moving. 

 

"Baekho." 

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"What exactly do you and Dongho even like about me?" 

 

Baekho froze and he rubbed his cheeks that were heating up. "W-why ask?" 

 

"I'm just curious. I've known you guys for so long but I don't remember ever having done anything that'll make you like me more than a regular friend." 

 

"Hmph. Does it matter?" 

 

"Well.... No but I just want to know. I want to understand." 

 

Baekho turned to Minhyun and pursed his lips. He knew he wasn't good with words so he wasn't sure what to say at all. He frowned deeply, trying to think of what to say. Minhyun waited patiently but in the end, he shook his head. "Dongho can explain better."

 

"Eh? But I want to know why you like me. I'll ask Dongho later but I'm sure that you have a different reason than him, right?" 

 

Baekho grunted and rubbed his neck that was slowly becoming red as well. "I... I... Because... Gah! Don't ask me. P-plus I'm sure you don't even like me as much as D-Dongho." 

 

Minhyun raised his brows. "What's that supposed to mean?" 

 

"You probably like Dongho more, right? So you should just a-accept his date already. Stop giving me f-false hope." Baekho hated how his stutters were spilling all over from how nervous he was about this. He was never good with expressing things as it is either. 

 

"Since when did I say that? I like both of you, just not the same way you like me," Minhyun replied. "I think." 

 

"T-then why aren't you j-just rejecting us? You don't have to be n-nice and play along." 

 

Minhyun stiffened and he frowned. Baekho was right. He could just reject them but there was a huge part of him that didn't want to. "Because... I don't want to lose either of you." 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Ah. Ah! You should clean up faster! I-I will go get other groups to help you," Minhyun wheezed and hurried off to avoid more embarrassing conversations. Baekho was stunned and looked at the trash. He squatted down and sighed. He really should work on his people skills. 

 

"Baekho, catch!"

 

"I'm Dongho." 

 

"Ack- sorry, sorry." 

 

"It's fine, sunbae. It happens," Dongho said and smiled as Daniel happened to be in the same group as he was. 

 

"Yeah but still, the two of you aren't alike at all. I'm just too used to saying Baekho," Daniel explained. Dongho chuckled and shook his head as they helped each other sort the rubbish once other students were done collecting at the lower grounds. "But the both of you smile a lot so I guess that's why I keep getting mixed up too." 

 

"Smile a lot? Since when does Baekho do that?" Dongho questioned curiously since he knew people saw his other half as a more scowling snappy person. 

 

"Huh? He's very cheerful when he's around the soccer team," Daniel replied. 

 

"Oh." Dongho wondered why Baekho wasn't like that around Minhyun either. Maybe he was too nervous? Well, he couldn't say for sure since he wasn't Baekho. 

 

"By the way, I had a conversation with Minhyun the other day." 

 

Dongho twitched and he unintentionally glared at Daniel before turning it into a smile. "Regarding what?" 

 

"Your brother. Minhyun asked me how's Baekho doing in soccer and it was a short chat." 

 

"I see. Minhyun really cares about my brother." 

 

"Y-yeah. He does."