26

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Seungwoo rushed towards the trio when he spotted their flashlight.

 

"Over here!" he yelled to the others who were helping out with the search. "Dongho! Baekho!"

 

"Seungwoo," Dongho said and let out a relieved sigh. Seungwoo gasped when he noticed Minhyun passed out in Baekho's arms.

 

"Did he fall and knock his head?"

 

"That's the first thing you think of?" Baekho hissed.

 

"Well, what else am I supposed to think? He fell off a cliff like some cliche drama and you guys found him instead?" Seungwoo blurted out as they all headed back towards the campsite. Dongho and Baekho exchanged glances before chuckling.

 

"No. He found us but he passed out right after," Dongho replied and smiled. "But it's a good thing he brought a working flashlight. Ours died because I dropped it by accident."

 

"At least you guys are alright."

 

"Dongho," Jonghyun said with relief while approaching them. "You guys are alright?"

 

"Yep. We are. Thanks for helping with the search. Sorry for worrying all of you."

 

"You should have told us that you guys were scared," Woohyun said as he popped out. "We could have all gone together or switch partners." 

 

Dongho shook his head. "This was something we decided to face on our own." 

 

Baekho sped up, a little nervous about everyone speaking to Dongho. He made his way back to their camp where Myungsoo was waiting and gently put Minhyun down. 

 

"I'm glad to see you're alright." 

 

"Ah... Yeah." 

 

Myungsoo noticed the crowd around Dongho and entered the camp with Baekho. "Jealous?" 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Every one is crowding around your twin and probably comforting him. I'm asking if you're jealous."

 

"No. No, I'm not jealous. It's normal."

 

"Ah... Minhyun was worried for the both of you though." 

 

Baekho nodded. "Yeah... That's more than enough for me." 

 

Myungsoo chuckled and handed him wet wipes to clean himself first. "Baekho, do you want to be friends?" 

 

Baekho froze before turning to Myungsoo who smiled at him. He blinked and turned away. "F-friends?" 

 

"Yeah. You're a pretty chill guy, nothing like what the rumors say. If you'd like, we could be friends. You always look so lonely in class." 

 

"Ahh..." Baekho wanted to scream yes but he kept his composure after having lost it a couple of times tonight already. "O-of course. I'll be happy to have a friend." 

 

"Cool. Then don't ignore me when I say hi to you once we go back, okay?" Myungsoo patted Baekho on the back and he nodded in response, smiling flatly as he tried not to show how happy he was. 

 

The other four members finally settled down to sleep after taking a bath and making sure they didn't shock Minhyun awake. Woohyun and Myungsoo fell asleep quickly but the twins found it difficult as they were sandwiching Minhyun again and the adrenaline from earlier had yet to pass.

 

"Baekho, are you asleep yet?"

 

"No." 

 

"Me neither." He propped himself up on his elbows and stared at Minhyun. Baekho did the same but faced Dongho instead. "Do you think he was so relieved to find us that he just passed out?" 

 

"Maybe. He was already working hard today. It must've had given him a huge shock to know we went missing." 

 

Dongho poked Minhyun's cheek and Minhyun groaned softly, moving his lips a little. "He's so cute." 

 

"He is." 

 

"Want to sneak a kiss?" 

 

"Eh?" 

 

"On the cheek."

 

"Oh." Baekho blushed a little but he supposed it wouldn't hurt. Minhyun had already kissed him on the cheek before although he still hadn't mentioned it to Dongho. His brother might be fine with them both dating now but who knows what would happen if he thinks the affection was unbalanced. The two leaned in and kissed Minhyun on the cheeks before laying back down and giggling to themselves. "This is dumb." 

 

"You don't say. Falling in love makes you a complete idiot." 

 

"Do you think mum and dad would approve?"

 

Dongho pursed his lips and shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe... Its not like we even know them that well at this point. They're barely home."

 

"But you do text them."

 

"Rarely."

 

"Guess we will know when they find out."

 

"I think... I want to keep it a secret from them," Dongho said to Baekho's surprise.

 

"You do? I thought you would want to tell them."

 

"Not this time. Minhyun is really.... Special to me and you. I don't want them to reject our relationship so let's not tell them."

 

"Okay..."

 

"Promise?" Dongho held out his pinky and Baekho took it.

 

"Promise." 

 

-

 

Minhyun sat up and gasped. "Baekho! Dongho!" He looked around him and squeaked when he saw the twins as well as his classmates before realising he was inside the tent. "What-" 

 

Woohyun perked his head up and scrunched his nose. "Ugh. You're up already?" 

 

"I... What...wasn't it still night?" 

 

"No. You found the twins and passed out. The blondie carried you back." 

 

"Blonde? Oh. You mean Baekho?"

 

"Yeah. Go back to sleep. It's not time to get up yet," Woohyun mumbled and went back to bed. Minhyun felt relieved to know the two were safe beside him. Instead of going back to sleep, he headed out so that he could take a shower after realising he smelt like leaves and wet fur. Basically, a forest scent that irked himself. Baekho and Dongho woke up and started looking around frantically when they realised the student council president was gone. 

 

"Minhyun?" 

 

"Maybe he went outside," Baekho said and the two headed out. They looked around the campsite until they saw Minhyun running a towel through his damp hair while speaking to a teacher. They both let out a relieved breath and looked at each other. 

 

"Big idiots alright." 

 

They ran over to Minhyun and tackled him into a hug, surprising him and their teacher but he returned the hug. He was glad they were safe and hadn't tumbled down some cliff or hurt themselves horribly. 

 

"Morning, guys." 

 

"Morning." 

 

"Did you guys get a good sleep?" 

 

The twins exchanged looks before shrugging. Baekho couldn't help blushing but this time, he didn't try to hide it. He breathed in and bit his lower lip. 

 

"Minhyun!" 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Thank you... For finding us."

 

"I wouldn't leave you two behind. Not even in my dreams." Minhyun pulled the two into a tighter hug and they returned it. "Seriously... Next time, don't be so brave, okay?" 

 

"We will try but we can't promise you," Dongho said and laughed a little. 

 

"Well, make sure to count me in then. I was seriously worried, okay? The forest isn't the same as the haunted house. If you go missing in there and by some random chance actually got lost... I don't know what I'll do." 

 

Minhyun held their hands tightly.

 

"You'll find us." 

 

Minhyun looked at Baekho as he said that. He smiled and nodded. "You're right. I wouldn't give up until I find you both." 

 

"We trust you, Minhyun so... Have a little faith in us too, okay?" Dongho said and Minhyun chuckled. 

 

"Alright, you two. Let's pack up." 

 

The students filled up the buses and the atmosphere was different from when they first headed the opposite direction. Dongho and Baekho had both decided to take turns sitting beside Minhyun for their trip back with Dongho being the first. 

 

"So it's back to school, huh," Dongho said softly. Minhyun hummed and nodded. 

 

"Mmhmm.. Back to studying and then..."

 

"Exams and then the festival." 

 

"Not to mention, Baekho's national competition is coming up too." 

 

"Soccer?" 

 

Minhyun nodded. "I'm going to go cheer him on. What about you?" 

 

"I wouldn't miss it either. It's a big thing for him." Even though they both knew that Baekho wasn't going to choose soccer in the future, it was still a huge event in his life. 

 

"You're right."

 

Dongho fiddled with his fingers and turned to Minhyun. "Minhyun ah... There's something I... I want to tell you." 

 

"Sure. What is it?" 

 

"The thing is... I actually join chess competitions. I've been doing it for three years now." 

 

"Oh? I was wondering when you would tell me." 

 

"Eh? You knew?" 

 

"Why wouldn't I? I read all the school news even before I became student council president, you know? I have to check what Woozi prints out." 

 

"Oh..."

 

Minhyun smiled and nudged Dongho. "But I was just waiting for you to tell me so I can congratulate you. I think you're amazing for being able to win three years in a row."

 

"A-amazing..." 

 

"Yep. Are you joining this year too?" 

 

"I've already sent in my application. I'm just waiting for a response now." 

 

"Nice. Keep it up, okay? But this time, let us celebrate together when you win, okay?" 

 

Dongho grinned and nodded. "Okay. Can I... Ask for a date if I win too?"

 

Before Minhyun could reply, Baekho suddenly jolted up and grabbed Dongho's shirt. "My turn." 

 

Dongho pouted but exchanged places with him anyways. Minhyun chuckled softly as Baekho sat down beside him with a pout. "Oh? Why are you already scowling?" 

 

"No reason. You two... Looked like you were having f-fun talking." 

 

"But I'm always having fun with you two," Minhyun replied and Baekho scoffed. He glanced at Minhyun and patted his shoulder before leaning against it. Dongho gasped from behind and Baekho smirked slightly. Minhyun blinked and ruffled his hair. "Do you know where the nationals will be held?" 

 

"In the sports centre nearby that mall we went once with your parents." 

 

"Ah... Dongho and I will be there to cheer for you." 

 

"Eh... Don't come." 

 

"Why not?" This time Minhyun pouted but Baekho had closed his eyes. 

 

"Because... If I lose, I won't look cool anymore." 

 

"Idiot. You don't look cool anyways," Minhyun said on purpose and Baekho clicked his tongue. 

 

"Then... Then what should I do to look cool?" 

 

Minhyun smiled and poked his nose. "Hmmm... If you win and score a goal while we watch." 

 

"Tsk. You're just making it so I'll ask you to come." 

 

"Of course. I want to see you play on the field." 

 

"You already do." 

 

"But not in the nationals. Plus... Dongho was about to ask me on a date if he won the chess competition he's joining so..." Minhyun rubbed his neck and Baekho hummed. "Is there anything you want if you win?" 

 

Baekho jolted up and stared at Minhyun with opened eyes, surprised that Minhyun knew about the competition and also that he was giving Baekho a chance to ask for something. He gulped and shook his head though before going back to leaning against Minhyun. "I'm... Already happy like this." 

 

Minhyun chuckled softly and glanced behind, making sure Dongho wasn't paying them any attention before placing a kiss on his head. Baekho blushed but tried not to overreact. "How about this then? If you win the nationals, let's go out and celebrate. All three of us. We can even ask my parents to join too."

 

"En... Anything is fine as long as you and Dongho are there." 

 

+

 

"Ah... And it's back to exams soon. Man, time feels so fast when you're having fun." 

 

"Is that so?" 

 

"Oh, come on. Don't be so dull, Minghao." 

 

"You're being too noisy."

 

"I heard we are going to Korea for nationals. That's pretty exciting, isn't it? Ahhh. I can't wait." 

 

"A Korean school?" 

 

"Oh? That has your attention?" 

 

"Not really."

 

The taller of the two grinned and sat in front of his friend. "Oh come on. Don't lie. I know you definitely heard me properly." 

 

"I'm just worried. That's all." 

 

"Worried about what?" 

 

"The last time we had a national competition, some players got injured and they were from Korea teams. What if the same thing happens again?" 

 

"Eh... Why would you worry about such a thing? We aren't from there." 

 

"I'm worried because we are joining this year. What if our school team gets hurt, Jun?" 

 

"No way. I won't allow it. I'll protect both of us." 

 

"That's not the only problem. If those guys or any other teams get hurt again... There won't be nationals anymore."