5

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"This has to stop," Baekho said as he confronted Dongho in his room. Dongho turned around and raised a brow at his twin.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"This tension between us that's also affecting Minhyun. It has to stop," Baekho said again. "We both like him so let's just be fair and chase him together."

 

Dongho gaped at Baekho which quickly turned into a frown as he stood up from his chair. "No. I took dibs-"

 

"But you're not even doing anything!"

 

"And you think you will? You're not even that close to Minhyun. You're afraid to even face him head on so I don't think you have any right to be saying this to me," Dongho retorted and Baekho gritted his teeth. He charged up to his twin and grabbed him by his collar. 

 

"Whose fault do you think that is? Every time you call dibs, I let you do whatever you want but this time, Minhyun is getting hurt because of us and I want it to stop!" Baekho snapped and Dongho was shocked. 

 

"Minhyun is hurt?" 

 

"Yes. And it's all our fault for being like this." 

 

~~~

 

Minhyun sighed and dried his eyes as he headed up his bedroom. He unconsciously glanced out from his window as he put his bag down. He raised his brows when he saw Baekho entering Dongho's room. He wondered if they were going to talk things out but the moment he saw Baekho grab Dongho's collar, he gasped and hurried down the stairs. He exited his house, slid on his slippers and rushed next door. He didn't have to press the doorbell or wait since he had spare keys to their home. For emergency purposes, Mrs Kang had said before. He rushed up the stairs to Dongho's room and burst inside just as Baekho turned around, bumping right into him.

 

"What th- Minhyun?!" Baekho gasped as he stumbled backwards. Minhyun's eyes were wide and in panic as he eyed the two. He grabbed Baekho and looked at him from top to bottom. Then he let him go and moved to Dongho, repeating the same thing.

 

"Minhyun, what's wrong?"

 

Minhyun spun around and let out a relieved sigh before his legs buckled and he collapsed onto his knees, startling the two who were immediately by his side. "I thought you two were fighting. I saw you at the window and I was so afraid you'll hurt each other."

 

"Eh? Fighting?" Baekho questioned.

 

"Yeah. You grabbed his shirt and I just panicked. I don't want you guys to fight."

 

Baekho shot a glare at Dongho to prove his point that they were only hurting Minhyun with their actions. Dongho gritted his teeth and looked away. 

 

"Can't you guys make up already? I don't know why you're fighting but I want things to go back to normal. To the way it used to be," Minhyun said as he held both their hands. "Please?" 

 

Dongho was weak to Minhyun. He would do anything the other wanted him to but agreeing to this meant allowing Baekho a chance to pursue Minhyun as well. Baekho just wanted this feud to be over so he didn't have to see Minhyun like this. They both looked at each other and then at Minhyun. 

 

"I'm down if he's down," Baekho spoke first, clearly wanting what's best for Minhyun. Dongho grunted but nodded. 

 

"I understand. If that's what you want, Minhyun," Dongho said. Minhyun smiled and gripped their hands, pulling them together and placing it on top of each other. 

 

"Shake on it," He said and the twins both flinched. They hesitated both puckering their lips similarly but grabbed each other's hand, shaking it reluctantly. "Good. Apologise." 

 

"What?" 

 

"No way." 

 

"Please?" Minhyun flashed them his round eyes and they both caved in. 

 

"Ugh... I'm sorry for grabbing you," Baekho said. 

 

"Sorry for starting it," Dongho continued. 

 

"I'm so proud of you two. Come here," Minhyun said and hugged the both of them. Dongho glared at Baekho who rolled his eyes as they both returned the hug. "Hey. Let's have dinner together like we used to. Baekho's cooking and Dongho, you're on clean up duty with me." 

 

"What?" Baekho hissed and Dongho stuck his tongue out at him. "Ugh. Fine." 

 

~~~

 

"Someone's happy," Seungwoo stated his observation as Minhyun took his seat. 

 

"Am I? I guess so," he replied with a grin. 

 

"Something good happened? Like you know, finally getting together with one of the twins?" 

 

Minhyun laughed and shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about. The twins and I aren't like that at all. And what about you? What happened after you left?" 

 

"Daniel is just the sweetest person I've ever known," Seungwoo sighed, eyes twinkling with hearts in them. "He offered to give me a piggyback ride when he realised my back hurt." 

 

"Did you take it?" 

 

"What? No. But he did let me hold his arm," Seungwoo replied, cheeks turning a light pink tint. Minhyun chuckled and Aron came into the student council room. "He also gave me a massage. It was such a wonderful day." 

 

"You should be thanking me," Minhyun teased and Seungwoo rolled his eyes. 

 

"No thank you for your sorry heavy . I almost couldn't get out of bed today." 

 

"Sounds like you two had an eventful day," Aron said and they shrugged as they went straight into discussing. Seungwoo had all the reports drafted out for Minhyun to look through. After dropping them off at the teacher's room, they could finally take some time off doing student council work. 

 

"So the first event would be clean up, huh," Aron muttered. 

 

"Yeah. It's always the first event since everyone just came back," Minhyun said. They reached the assembly halls and went their separate ways since they were all from different classes. "See you next week." 

 

"Minhyun, over here," Dongho said and waved from where he stood. Baekho glanced over, hands tucked in his pockets. The president made his way over and smiled to them. 

 

"I see you're wearing your blazer," Minhyun said to Baekho who clicked his tongue and turned away. 

 

"He only ever wears it for main assemblies," Dongho said and Minhyun chuckled. 

 

"Well, it is the most important one," Minhyun replied as he stood in line with them. Baekho didn't say anything but stood behind Minhyun, staring at his back silently. 

 

+++

 

"Ahh. That's the one."

 

"Eh. The notorious twin?"

 

"Yeah, yeah. I heard he got into a bunch of fights with third years. And the one beside him is the student council president and that's his twin. The sweet gentleman who picked up my books for the other day."

 

"They do look hot though."

 

"Yeah but nobody dares to approach any of them."

 

"Why not?"

 

"I heard the twins are super protective over the student council president. Everyone knows there's something going on between the three of them."

 

"Eh~ Are they dating?"

 

"No but everyone is trying to guess who the president will end up with."

 

"Are you two talking nonsense again?"

 

"Ahh. Minki, no way." 

 

"So who were you talking about?" 

 

"The twins and student council president. They've been a real uproar ever since they joined the school, haven't they?" 

 

Minki smiled and peered out his classroom window. "They sure have. Anyways, don't go around spreading fake rumors, okay?" 

 

"Aye, aye, Minki." 

 

The girls giggled and Minki left his classroom, making his way towards class 1 where the trio were in. He knocked on the door before pushing it open, surprising a few students who weren't expecting the school's drama club leader to show up. He made his way towards the notorious twin and leaned his body onto his table. 

 

"Yo, Baekho!" 

 

Baekho flinched and moved back, earning looks from Minhyun and also Dongho who had been concentrating on their studies. 

 

"Minki. What are you doing here? Class is about to start," Baekho said in a hushed panicked voice. 

 

"Nothing. Just here to say hi," He giggled and glanced pass Baekho where the president sat. Minhyun flinched slightly, giving Minki a small smile and looked down at his books again. "Ahh. And you should do something about your image. People think you're up to no good again." 

 

"What? I'm no-" 

 

The door slid open and Minki gasped. "Sorry. Looks like your teacher is here. Bye, Baekho. See you during lunch." 

 

"Hey!" Baekho turned away from his classmates, groaning as he crossed his arms. Minhyun didn't know Baekho was friends with Minki. He wondered how many others the other was actually friends with. It made him turn to Dongho as well. 

 

"Rise." 

 

How many friends did he have too apart from him? 

 

"Bow." 

 

How do other people view them? 

 

Rough?

 

"Good morning, teacher." 

 

Kind? 

 

"Take a seat, everyone. We have a new student joining us today." 

 

Or maybe they had changed and Minhyun never noticed? 

 

"Please welcome Kim Jonghyun to the school. Dongho sshi, you don't mind showing him around later during lunch, would you?" the teacher asked and Dongho smiled, nodding. 

 

"Sure."

 

He's class president after all, Minhyun thought. 

 

"And if you have any questions, feel free to ask our student council president too. He's the one beside Dongho." 

 

Minhyun lifted his head, finally taking a good look at the newcomer who bowed. A gentle smile greeted him and he smiled back. 

 

"Your seat will be over there beside Myungsoo sshi." 

 

The newcomer made his way to his seat and the lesson started but Minhyun's thoughts were elsewhere. Like when did his childhood friends become so different from each other? They used to wear similar clothes and had similar tastes yet everything about them now was just the complete opposite. When did Dongho started to wear glasses? When did Baekho wear earrings? Wait, earrings? That was against school rules, wasn't it? Minhyun can't believe he didn't notice that at all before this. Did he really give Baekho such a huge leeway that the other thought he could dress however he wanted? This was wrong and he needed to rectify it. 

 

He watched time tick by until it was lunch period. Standing up from his seat, he was about to reprimand Baekho on his earring when the front door burst open and Minki entered lavishly, making Minhyun pause. 

 

"I am here~ Baekho, let's go!" the male said excitedly. 

 

"Hah? I didn't agree to go anywhere with you," Baekho retorted but Minki caught him by his arm and dragged him away, leaving Minhyun stunned. Dongho was about to say something when he got distracted too. 

 

"Excuse me. You're Dongho, right? The one who is supposed to show me around," Jonghyun said and Dongho nodded. 

 

"Ah... Yeah. Wait a moment. Minhyun ah," Dongho said. 

 

"Huh? Yeah?" Minhyun snapped out of his trance and turned to the other twin, eyeing him up and down. Dongho followed the school rules to the tee and sometimes Minhyun wondered if it was because of that, that he overlooked Baekho. 

 

"I need to show Jonghyun around. Do you want to come along with me?" 

 

"Uh..." Minhyun looked at Jonghyun who smiled and immediately shook his head. "I-I got something to do. I need to go to the student council room. I'll see you later." 

 

"Oh. Okay." 

 

"He seems nervous," Jonghyun said to Dongho who shrugged. 

 

"I guess. Well, anyways, name is Kang Dongho. I'm the class president so feel free to find me for anything regarding class." 

 

"Sure. One question. Who was that guy who burst into the class earlier?" 

 

"Minki sshi? He's from the third class. The president of drama club. Won't be last you see of him," Dongho said honestly with a light chuckle. Jonghyun smiled and nodded. 

 

"I surely hope not. He seems like an interesting character." 

 

"He is. He is. Maybe I can bring you to the drama club someday if you're interested."

 

"That'll be nice." The two made their way down the hallway as Dongho started pointing out areas of interest to Jonghyun. Jonghyun seemed decent to him, not too talkative but had a similar sense of humor. They hit it off quite well but Dongho only had eyes for one person.