46

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Dongho was the first person up the next morning as he headed downstairs in his underwear only to grab a glass of milk. They didn't have school since it was a Sunday and he wondered if they could just spend the whole day in too. That would be a nice follow up to their birthday celebration from the day before. He sipped the glass of milk as he leaned against the counter, smiling to himself as he recalled yesterday's events. Minhyun came down moments later with only his shirt and underwear. Dongho twitched and his hand shot downwards to cover himself as Minhyun's long legs were bare and he strutted up to the twin with a sleepy smile.

 

"Good morning," Minhyun greeted him hoarsely and Dongho pursed his lips.

 

"Morning."

 

Minhyun got himself a glass of water and raised his brow at Dongho who scooted away from him. 

 

"Where are you going?" he chuckled. 

 

"I'm just... Well, reacting to your awfully y legs," Dongho said and rubbed his neck. Minhyun looked down at his legs and tilted his head. 

 

"My legs are y?" 

 

"Definitely looks that way," Dongho replied and stepped closer to Minhyun. He tiptoed and kissed Minhyun softly. Minhyun hummed and chuckled. They heard footsteps coming down and Baekho poked his head out soon. 

 

"I thought you two went somewhere without me," the other twin whined. As he was about to join them, the front door opened and the twins' mother walked in. Everyone froze at that moment as she shut the door and turned around. The smile on her lips became confused when she saw her sons and Minhyun. 

 

"Good morning." 

 

"M-mum?" Dongho blurted out with Baekho simultaneously. 

 

"Why are you two dressed like that around the house?" Her question made them jolt and Minhyun pulled the shirt down. Dongho gasped and tried to keep his cool. 

 

"Oh, w-we were having a sleep over with Minhyun and it was really hot yesterday so we had to strip down. We will go up and put on our clothes now," Dongho responded quickly and started to push Minhyun back upstairs in a hurry. Minhyun smiled nervously and rushed up the stairs. 

 

"Sorry, aunty!" he squeaked as he ran up as well. "What's the rush?" 

 

"Well, we are both only in our underwear and you're missing your pants. So tell me why we are rushing to put on clothes?" 

 

"Uh... Cause we are decent citizens?" Minhyun was confused but slid his pants on anyways as Dongho dressed himself up too. 

 

"Yes. And also because my mum might figure something is happening between us!" 

 

Minhyun paused and frowned. "What do you mean?" 

 

Dongho fell silent and shook his head. "Don't mind it. Just... Just go home for today, okay?" 

 

"Eh... Dongho. Tell me. Are you... Hiding our relationship from your mum?" 

 

Baekho popped into the room to grab his clothes too before he noticed that Dongho was frozen stiff and Minhyun looked upset. "What's up with you two?" 

 

"Baekho, tell me. Am I secret to your mum?" 

 

"Uh-" Baekho flinched and pursed his lips before slowly nodding. "We can't... Tell her that we are dating each other."

 

"Why?"

 

"She won't accept it," Baekho replied and Minhyun turned to Dongho. 

 

"You knew but you didn't tell me?" 

 

"Because we planned on hiding it from her," Dongho said, hoping Minhyun would understand. 

 

"I... I see. I'm going to go home now." 

 

"I'll walk you out," Baekho said and Minhyun nodded, strutting out from the room in a rush. Baekho patted Dongho on the shoulder before leaving the room as well. Minhyun bade their mother farewell before heading home. Baekho wasn't even able to say good bye when Minhyun had already entered his home. He headed back home and nervously stood at the door as Dongho came downstairs as well. 

 

"Mum, you got off work early?" Dongho asked first as he took a seat beside her on the couch. 

 

"Well, I thought since it was your birthdays yesterday, I could at least try to spend today with the both of you," she said with a thin tired smile. Dongho knew she would have had to fly in from overseas in the middle of the night to reach here in the morning. 

 

"Why didn't you tell us?" 

 

"It was supposed to be a surprise but it seems like the both of you surprised me instead. Baekho? Come here." 

 

Baekho walked over to the couch and sat down. 

 

"I thought about what you could do in the future and one of my friends told me about this great sports college that'll definitely take you in. I heard you won the nationals, right? You wouldn't have a problem signing up for it." 

 

Baekho flinched and he gulped, holding in his sudden surge of temper. Dongho noticed his unease and cleared his throat. 

 

"Mum, Baekho doesn't want to do sports." 

 

"What? What do you mean?" 

 

"He's interested in pursuing music." 

 

The moment Dongho said that, there was a heavy silence and their mother let out a soft hum before looking down at her hands. "Music?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

"But... Are you even good at it? It'll be hard to try to earn money if you don't have a strong base in the first place," she said and Baekho bit his lower lip. 

 

"I... I took classes with a s-senior in school," Baekho started talking nervously. "I really... Really like music and I really hope you'll allow me to study it. I... I know it won't be easy to earn money but... Its something I really like."

 

"I... See. Well. You are old enough to make your own decisions and you still have a year left for school. If you still feel that way after next year, we can see where you can go to pursue music."

 

Baekho gasped softly and beamed at Dongho. "Thank you, mum. I promise I'll do my best!"

 

+

 

"You mean they aren't going to tell their parents about you ever?"

 

Minhyun shrugged in response to Seungwoo's question and sighed. "I never thought it would have been a problem. I mean, my mum was pretty open to it."

 

"Even to your two way relationship?"

 

Minhyun nodded and grumpily flipped the papers. "I know our relationship isn't normal but... Why do I feel so annoyed by this?" 

 

"Cause you never expected them to hide it from their parents? I mean, you guys have known each other since 10 and you probably know them just as well as the twins do. You probably feel angry over this having to be a secret."

 

"Angry..." Minhyun felt more disappointed than angry if he were to be honest but since he didn't want to express such an emotion towards the twins, he just kept quiet about it. He headed back to class after the meeting and flinched slightly when he saw Jonghyun and Dongho once again leaning against one another. He sighed and turned to Baekho but jolted as well, noticing Myungsoo by his side and they were both laughing about something. Minhyun bit his lower lip and stormed towards his seat, unintentionally slamming his bag onto the table. Both the twins flinched and glanced in his direction but Minhyun didn't meet either of their eyes. 

 

Throughout the day, he just felt irritated and scowled a lot more often. Even when the twins ask him if he was okay, he would brush them off and say he was just not feeling too well. He didn't want them to feel bad about having to keep it a secret since he did understand yet a part of him still felt uneasy. 

 

"You two go on ahead today. I have to stay back to discuss about the school festival so I probably won't come over later either."

 

Dongho and Baekho were both a little paranoid now as they walked home together. 

 

"Did we mess up?" Baekho was the first to voice his concern this time. 

 

"You mean having messed this up?" Dongho questioned and Baekho nodded. "I don't think it's the ." 

 

"T-then-" 

 

"I think Minhyun is just upset that we aren't going to tell mum about dating him." 

 

"But he understands, right?" 

 

"Well... We haven't actually told him why so no, I don't think he gets it fully." 

 

"Then why don't we just tell him?" 

 

Dongho stopped and frowned at Baekho. "And then what? Tell him that our uncle passed away because he got some illness from his partner? It's why I tried to hide my uality in the first place but I stopped hiding it as much once I found out you liked him too. I just didn't want mum to find out." 

 

"But we made sure to use protection too. It should be fine if we told Minhyun."

 

"He's already afraid to do it with us in the first place. If he finds out that such a risk exists, what makes you think he won't stop?" 

 

Baekho fell silent and frowned a little. "Because... He wrote in the letter... He will always be by our side no matter the consequences or situation. I trust him. You said it before. Its not all about the too... We just want to be happy." 

 

Dongho pursed his lips and stormed into the house without another word. Baekho sighed and hurried in to stop Dongho from getting more upset. 

 

"You have to stop sulking," Seungwoo said and Minhyun looked up. 

 

"Is it that bad?" 

 

"Horrible. You look like a sad duck." 

 

"Ugh... I just feel uneasy like there's something I should know about but no one is telling me again." 

 

"I think you're talking about the twins, right?" 

 

Minhyun rolled his eyes and shrugged. "Who else."

 

"Right. By the way, I went on my first official date with Daniel." 

 

Minhyun raised his brows and smiled. "How was it? Cool? Cute?" 

 

"How should I say this? I think we should probably ban having in public spaces." 

 

"This is what I walk in to?" Aron blurted out as he had just entered the student council room. Minhyun blushed furiously and Seungwoo crackled. 

 

"Sorry, sorry. Its just... We couldn't get our hands off each other at all. I'm telling you, he is so goddamn hot and he kept whispering sweet little things into my ear until it got super annoying." 

 

"Sometimes I can't tell if you like him or hate him," Minhyun said and Seungwoo shrugged. They turned to Aron who rearranged his space before noticing their stares. 

 

"What?" 

 

"Nothing. Just wondering how's your progress with the ultimate diva," Seungwoo replied. 

 

"Not much. He's too busy with his club and there's barely even any time to talk to him. Not to mention, that goody two shoes can stick to his side since he's part of the play while I can't cause I'm not anywhere in it," Aron grumbled and sulked. 

 

"Have you even confessed to him properly?" 

 

"N-no. But I tried to show him how much he means to me. I think." 

 

Minhyun and Seungwoo both stared at Aron judgingly before the shortest of the three finally let out an exasperated gasp. 

 

"Okay. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'll do it during the festival! I swear!" 

 

"I don't think Minki will appreciate you ruining the play if you confess to him during it," Minhyun said and Aron sighed. 

 

"Then how should I confess to him? I really want to make it as dramatic as I can. Maybe that'll get his attention." 

 

Minhyun and Seungwoo exchanged glances before shrugging. Neither of them had tried chasing someone as flashy as Minki. Even if Daniel was popular, Seungwoo didn't really have to chase him much either. 

 

"Well, good luck figuring that one out." 

 

After their meeting was over, Minhyun headed home. He felt drained from his overthinking and just before he shut the gate, someone came up to him with a gentle smile. He stiffened and returned the smile. 

 

"Aunty... What are you doing here?" 

 

"It's been awhile since we had a chat, Minhyun. Why don't you join me for a drink?"