41

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"EHHH? YOU WANT ME T-"

 

"SHHHH! Not so loud!" Minhyun hissed at Seungwoo who pursed his lips.

 

"You did it with Daniel, right? So... You guys must have had a way to purchase it."

 

"Well... Yeah. His mother is a health care doctor. All he has to do is ask her for them," Seungwoo replied sarcastically. Minhyun groaned and Seungwoo hummed.

 

"You're going to do it?" he asked teasingly while nudging Minhyun who smacked his elbow away.

 

"Maybe... Their birthday is coming up and... Well... Their wish this year is to either spend time with me or to see me smile so-"

 

"How sweet can you guys even be?" Seungwoo said with a slight cringe. Minhyun chuckled and rolled his eyes.

 

"It's not always sugar and rainbows."

 

"Well... I can get some for you if you'd like."

 

"You'll save me the trouble. You don't happen to have a way to get lube too, do you?"

 

"You're just embarrassed to go and get some from the store, aren't you?"

 

Minhyun scoffed but his cheeks gave it away. "I-I-"

 

"I get it. You're just as innocent as Kang Baekho. If you ask me, I think Dongho would already have these things."

 

Minhyun raised a brow at Seungwoo. "What makes you say so?"

 

"Cause he always seem like he's ready to get in your pants?"

 

"Seungwoo! Don't talk about him like that."

 

"But you're not denying it."

 

"W-well..." It was hard for Minhyun to even deny it when it had already happened a few times. 

 

Again, because of what Seungwoo said, Minhyun couldn't handle his curiosity. He stared at Dongho throughout the day, just wondering if the other really had condoms and lube. Dongho blushed a little, noticing Minhyun's rather blatant stares in his direction. He chose not to say much until their school ended and it was time to head home. 

 

"Minhyun." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Is there... Something you want to tell me?" 

 

Minhyun blinked and an awkward flat smile appeared on his lips. "No. What makes you say so?" 

 

"Because... You've been staring at me the whole day? I mean, it makes me happy but also...very nervous." 

 

The blush crept up Minhyun's cheek and he covered them, hoping it wasn't obvious. Baekho glanced back and forth since he was waiting for them. "Something wrong?" 

 

"No... No. Um... Baekho, I need to talk to you for a sec."

 

"Oh, okay?" Minhyun dragged Baekho out of class first, making sure there was no one else nearby before he leaned super close to Baekho's ear, surprising the other when he whispered. 

 

"Do you know if Dongho has condoms?" 

 

Baekho's face turned red and he jolted from Minhyun's voice being so near him. "I don't know!" 

 

"Ssshh! Not so loud." 

 

"How the hell am I supposed to know that?" Baekho squeaked and Minhyun groaned. 

 

"Okay then. Let's just go home." 

 

-

 

"And then you two will step up and sing the song while the happens," Minki chirped excitedly as they rehearsed for the final parts of the play. They didn't really have to attend practice much considering how the two of them only appeared at the ending when the happened. Baekho had videos of the rehearsals so he could practice secretly and Minhyun just found out that every time he snuck away from class, he was actually practicing by himself or sometimes with Bumzu coaching him. He always thought he knew what Baekho was up to but he guessed not anymore. Even Dongho hadn't noticed it before. "Let's try one full run and call it a day."

 

Minki clapped his hands and all the students started to get into position while Minhyun and Dongho waited for their turn. They watched the students start to act out the play, intrigued by the story as they rushed back and forth busily.

 

"We can't end like this. Please, my heart, my soul, my love, run away with me."

 

"I cannot do that. I cannot betray my people, my family."

 

"Even if that means betraying me?"

 

Minhyun unconsciously mouthed the lines as he had remembered them for the audition before this. Dongho smiled and cleared his throat softly.

 

"I will never betray you, my love but it is what sets us apart. We cannot be together and for that, my heart aches," Dongho echoed the student and Minhyun turned to him before he chuckled softly and turned serious as he played along.

 

"Then come with me. Forget everyone else. Live this life with me."

 

"Oh, my love, you know more than anyone, I would want that."

 

"Then why are you allowing family to get between us? I cannot fathom it."

 

"Because they're all I have."

 

"But you're all I have."

 

There was a silence enveloping the hall as the two actors stared at each other and so did Minhyun and Dongho, everyone immersed in the play before-

 

"Don't kiss me so half heartedly!"

 

Dongho and Minhyun flinched as they both almost kissed as well. They cleared their throats and shifted away instantly, cheeks turning red as they paid attention to the actual play again. Minki threw a small fit and the two observers giggled in the corner. Dongho held Minhyun's hand and beamed. Minhyun felt his heart jump and he squeezed Dongho's hand. 

 

Once it was their turn, they headed up the stage and sang the song they had practiced together during some sleepless nights or during their studies together. It was rather easy for them since they had both liked singing since young and had definitely sang together before. They watched as the prince slowly died in the hands of his lover and the other followed him down the path of death as only death would do them part. 

 

"And its a wrap!" Minki cheered, glad that everything was going swimmingly except for the fact that they still haven't heard the music along with the play yet. "This is going to be a blast! I'll see you all again three more times before the actual play. Make sure to rehearse, okay? Don't disappoint me and the audience." 

 

"Minhyun ah," Dongho called out to the other as they headed back home.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I want to drop by the convenience store for awhile. There's something I want to get."

 

"Sure." Minhyun realised this was his chance to try to sneakily buy a bottle of lube as well but the moment he entered the store and stood in front of the bottles, he became super nervous. His hands clammed up and he bit his lower lip as he stared at the bottles. Dongho picked up a few ingredients he needed for dinner and nudged Minhyun who had forgotten to make his move and flinched instead.

 

"What are you looking at?" Dongho asked and Minhyun flailed his hand, hurriedly pushing Dongho to the cashier.

 

"Nothing! I was just blanking out," Minhyun gasped and Dongho laughed since he thought Minhyun was freaking out over nothing.

 

"Okay. Do you want to have dinner with us today? I'm making jjampong."

 

"Sounds nice but I think my dad is coming back for dinner today." Minhyun sulked a little but he couldn't really complain about it either.

 

"Oh. That's rare."

 

"Yeah. I would have really loved to come over."

 

"It's okay. You should spend time with him."

 

"Also... I saw your wish." 

 

"Oh." 

 

Dongho opened his house gate and waited for Minhyun to continue. "So I was thinking maybe we could take turns. I could go... Out with you in the morning and then with Baekho in the evening. Or we could just celebrate together. Like usual." 

 

"Why don't you come on in and we can discuss about it?" Dongho asked and Minhyun looked at his school uniform. 

 

"Alright. I guess we won't be studying together today." 

 

Baekho was asleep at the table, homework scattered around as he had waited for them. Dongho gave him a little shake and Baekho jolted, yawning as he rubbed his eyes and looking up at them. 

 

"Oh... Welcome home," Baekho mumbled and stretched his arms up. 

 

"Minhyun's asking if we want to go on separate dates with him or together on our birthday," Dongho asked the sleepy male who woke up right after that. 

 

"Eh? We are going on a date?" he blurted out instead. 

 

"It's Dongho's wish to go on a date," Minhyun explained and Baekho hummed in response. He regretted not writing something like that too but figured it was too straightforward despite not knowing how cheesy his own wish was. 

 

"I don't mind either." 

 

"Let's draw lots then," Dongho decided as he took a paper and tore them into smaller bits, writing down either separate date or together on the 6 pieces before folding them up and shuffling them around. Minhyun took one piece and so did the twins. Minhyun opened his paper and raised his brows. 

 

"I got together." 

 

The twins exchanged glances before both of them placed separate dates down on the table. 

 

"Oh. I guess it's separate dates then," Minhyun said and smiled but he noticed that Baekho seemed down while Dongho beamed. 

 

"In that case, I want to have the evening shift," Dongho chuckled and Minhyun was surprised. He thought Dongho would want to spend the day with him first but he guessed not. 

 

"I guess I'll take morning then," Baekho said and put on a small smile. 

 

"Are you sure?" Minhyun asked and Baekho nodded. 

 

"Yeah. I'll... I'll think about what to do." 

 

"Okay. Don't push yourself."

 

"I know exactly what to do. You don't have to worry about a thing, okay?" Dongho chuckled and Minhyun raised his brows. 

 

"Shouldn't I be the one planning the date since it's your birthdays?" 

 

"Just leave ours to me!" Dongho exclaimed happily. After all, he already had a plan and all he needed was just Minhyun's permission to go on a date. It didn't really matter whether they would be together or separate but things turned to Dongho's favor. 

 

"Uh... Okay if that makes you happy. Anyways, I should go now and see if my mum would need help with dinner." 

 

"You're not studying with us today?" Baekho asked, sounding a little sad and Minhyun shook his head. 

 

"Sorry. Gotta go back early since my dad is coming back for dinner tonight." 

 

"Alright. See you tomorrow." 

 

Minhyun nodded and ruffled Baekho's hair before he left. Dongho hugged Baekho out of the blue and ruffled his hair as well, sulking slightly. 

 

"What are you doing?" Baekho sigehd and Dongho huffed. 

 

"He doesn't do that to me. I'm jealous, that's what," Dongho said and Baekho did it to him instead. "Yah. I don't want you to do it. I want Minhyun to do it." 

 

"Sorry I'm not Minhyun." 

 

"Why are you being so upset anyways?" 

 

"I... Its nothing." 

 

"Spill it," Dongho threatened his twin while placing his hands on his side. Baekho flinched before Dongho even tickled him. 

 

"It's just... I wanted to spend the day together but you want to spend it with him." 

 

"Oh. You could have said that earlier." 

 

"But... You keep getting jealous over the two of us and... It doesn't sit well with me if you keep getting upset over it. I guess I just... Don't want you to feel jealous anymore." 

 

Dongho scooted away from Baekho and leaned the back of his head on the table. "Idiot, why do you have to care so much about me and forget to think about yourself?" 

 

"I...." Baekho didn't even know which reason he should give Dongho. "I don't know. Cause you're my brother?" 

 

"It's fine to be selfish sometimes. Even between us. I know I am." 

 

Baekho nodded and rubbed his neck. "Well... I guess we did draw lots so it's just our fate to go on separate dates." 

 

Dongho smirked and rolled onto Baekho. "Actually I have a plan and I want you in on it." 

 

"Eh?" 

 

"You'll help, right? We will spend the night together with Minhyun." 

 

"You're not thinking of pushing him down again, are you?" Baekho hissed at his twin softly and Dongho chuckled. 

 

"That'll depend on Minhyun's reaction. I'll stop if you don't want me to. Promise." 

 

"Fine. Tell me the plan then."