14

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"You got a little something there," Dongho said as Minhyun finished his pancakes. He held out a tissue but instead of taking it, Minhyun puckered his lips out and stared at Dongho instead. Dongho blinked before his hand moved instinctively and wiped the cream off. He found his cheeks heating up at the thought that Minhyun allowed him to do that.

 

"You have something too," Minhyun said and took the tissue from Dongho to wipe his lips clean. Dongho gasped and moved back in surprise, a little unused to Minhyun being this affectionate. Minhyun giggled and put the tissue away as he moved to his drinks. Dongho felt his mind turning into mush even though it hasn't even been half a day yet. "Are you done? Where to next?" 

 

"Ah... We have a show to catch," Dongho said while searching for the tickets inside his wallet. He pulled two out and checked the timing. 

 

"A show? What kind of show?" Minhyun asked curiously and Dongho beamed. 

 

"A musical. You mentioned about it before and I got the tickets to it," Dongho said while showing Minhyun the tickets. Minhyun gasped. 

 

"I did want to watch it. You remembered." 

 

"Yes... I was going to ask you out for a movie even if it wasn't for this date," Dongho said and Minhyun handed the tickets back to Dongho for safekeeping. 

 

"Great. Let's go!" 

 

Dongho nodded and they made their way towards the cinema. Now Minhyun knew why they took the train all the way out here. Dongho held his hand naturally and Minhyun twitched at first but relaxed into it as he started to gush about why he wanted to watch the musical so badly. As much as Minhyun liked to listen to Dongho, Dongho liked to listen to Minhyun too. They chatted away until they reached the cinema, wondering where all the time went as they entered the hall. 

 

"It's funny how time just seems to pass us by so quickly," Minhyun said as they settled in their places. 

 

"Because we are so busy talking?" Dongho responded and Minhyun nodded. They stopped talking when the lights dimmed and the screen lit up. Dongho fiddled with his fingers before glancing over to Minhyun whose eyes were focused on the screen. He placed his hand on the hand rest beside Minhyun's and gently hooked his pinky around Minhyun's. Minhyun looked away from the screen to his hand. He glanced at Dongho who had turned away and chuckled softly, moving his hand to clutch his hand fully. Dongho gasped softly but tightened his grip, smiling shyly. The musical started and Minhyun's focus was whipped away but Dongho's wasn't as he couldn't stop thinking about how warm and fitting Minhyun's hand was against his. He wished the moment would stop and they could be like this. Happy and content but two hours felt almost like two minutes. They were gone in a blink of an eye.

 

The hall brightened up again and both of them squinted, pulling their hands away to block the light and stretch simultaneously. Minhyun turned to Dongho first and grinned. "That was... Wonderful!"

 

Dongho smiled and nodded. "I enjoyed it too."

 

They got up and left the hall, talking about the musical excitedly and even harmonising to the songs a little with what little lyrics they could recall. Their hands joined back together naturally as they walked and Dongho started leading Minhyun to the next location.

 

"Are we having lunch now?" Minhyun asked and Dongho nodded.

 

"A buffet steamboat. All you can eat for a fixed price. Think you can stomach that?" Dongho asked.

 

"Oh? Is that a challenge?"

 

"Not really but it could be," Dongho chuckled and Minhyun scoffed.

 

"Then I'll accept. Speaking of, what kind of date plan did you come up with for Jonghyun?" Minhyun asked just for conversation.

 

"Well, we both thought we should do something bombastic for the first time like going bungee jumping or crazy things like that but in the end, we couldn't since we had to settle with the budget we do have currently. Our plans are basically similar but he's bringing Minki to watch a drama and they're also going to visit a dessert buffet shop instead of a steamboat since I know you can't take too much sweet stuff."

 

"Ooh. I see. So you made plans to cater to me and he made them to cater to Minki. Then... What was up with the kissy faces?" Minhyun just had to ask out of pure curiosity. Dongho turned red and gasped.

 

"You saw that?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"A-and you got upset because of that?"

 

"Kinda. Baekho mentioned it?"

 

"Yeah. That... Well, we were just joking about being able to kiss as a sign that the date is a success and made those silly faces," Dongho explained and Minhyun nodded. A kiss as a sign of success, hmm... He didn't think of that and now he felt embarrassed for even feeling the slightest twinge of jealousy. 

 

"I see. Guess we will know by the end of our date, right?" 

 

Dongho squeaked and nodded. A kiss? Minhyun would let him kiss him if he deemed this a success? They entered the restaurant and Minhyun saw the price per pax. He was about to tell Dongho that it was way too over budget but Dongho assured him that he had coupons for it. 

 

"First the musical and now this? How did you even-" 

 

"I've got connections," Dongho said with a grin. The musical tickets came from Bumzu while the coupons came from Woozi. 

 

"Wow. What a grown up," Minhyun said jokingly. Dongho smirked and they started to eat, unintentionally counting the amount of plates they were wolfing down too. Minhyun sneakily took another picture of Dongho as he ate and kept his phone again. 

 

They ate until they felt like their stomachs were about to burst but still had ice cream served there. It was a pleasant lunch though and Minhyun thoroughly enjoyed it since it wasn't often he got to have this kind of treatment. Even when his parents were around, they barely came to places like this so it was a nice change of pace for the both of them. 

 

"I don't think I can move," Minhyun whined and rubbed his stomach. Dongho laughed and nodded in agreement. 

 

"Me too," he said while rubbing his own stomach. "But we got one more stop to go for today." 

 

"We do?" 

 

"Yep. Courtesy of Jonghyun for helping him out... I won't tell you what it is yet." 

 

"Eh..."

 

"I can carry you if you don't want to walk," Dongho said jokingly and Minhyun slowly got up. 

 

"Hahah. I highly doubt you could. Maybe-" Minhyun stopped himself again and just smiled as Dongho got up as well. 

 

"How would you know? I could try!" 

 

"You might throw up. It's better not to. Come on," Minhyun said and held his hand. Dongho loved the feeling of it every time their hands wrapped one another. He wondered what it would be like to hug or be hugged as well but one step at a time. He was already blown away that he was having a date right now. Minhyun's laughters rang even louder in his ears today and ever word he said recorded in his heart, his actions memorised. 

 

"A flower shop?" Minhyun questioned curiously as they headed up the building. "What are we doing here?" 

 

"Well, like I said it's from Jonghyun so..." They were welcomed in and Dongho showed the staff something. She smiled and nodded, moving to prepare the table for the two. 

 

"You could at least tell me now," Minhyun said while nudging Dongho. The table was set with assortment of flowers and thin metal strips along with baskets of all sizes. They took a seat when the staff motioned them to and she started to explain how to either make a flower basket or a flower crown. Minhyun wasn't expecting this for sure but he couldn't say he didn't enjoy it. It was a new experience as they both started to try to work on their own respective projects. Dongho was more than happy to discuss with Minhyun about the meaning of flowers and why they were going to choose the respective flowers they were going to put in the basket and their flower crown. 

 

"Dongho ah, I can't cut this," Minhyun whined as his fingers had turned a little pink from all the little pricks he kept getting from the metal string and thorns but he didn't complain since it was fun to try something new. Dongho helped him snip the string and went back to his own work. They decided to make the flower basket together. Dongho snipping while Minhyun arranged the flower. They didn't bicker at all and was pretty harmonious in the process until... 

 

"You take it," Minhyun said and Dongho shook his head. 

 

"No, you can take it." 

 

Minhyun pouted. He really wanted to take it but he felt like he had already gotten too much from the date itself. "But you planned the date and you paid for everything. The least I can give you back is this." 

 

"But I know you want it." 

 

Minhyun flinched and pouted even more. "I do." 

 

"Then you take it." Dongho chuckled and Minhyun wanted to act chdish but Dongho placed the flower crown he made onto Minhyun's head. He took Minhyun's instead and put it on his head. "I'll take this one if you don't mind." 

 

Minhyun turned red as Dongho flashed his bright smile at him and smacked Dongho's arm lightly. "Fine. Thank you, Dongho. I really enjoyed my time today."

 

"I'm glad to hear that." 

 

The two headed back home after that since Minhyun received a call from his mother to be home for dinner. The two knew that Minhyun would have preferred just hanging out with Dongho for the rest of the day but it was rare for him to get a call directly from his mother too so they both decided to call it a day. After all, Dongho would have done the same if his parents called. They both understood that aspect as they arrived home. Dongho held his hand all the way to the front door and smiled as he slowly let go, letting their fingertips linger a little longer before pulling his hand away. 

 

"So...," he started but was unsure what to say. It was time to say goodbye and he didn't want to. He knew he could meet Minhyun any time since they literally stay next to each other and go to the same school in the same class but he didn't want their time together to end. "Thank you... For having this date with me. You have no idea how happy it makes me." 

 

"I think I got a fair idea," Minhyun replied with a giggle as he cradled the flower basket in his arms. Baekho grinned sheepishly and rubbed his neck. "Also, the jacket looks really cool."

 

"En... Thanks for trying not to mention Baekho today too. I saw you pausing a few times. That... Makes me really happy." 

 

"Ah...well... It is our date. I thought it would only be respectful not to mention him." 

 

Dongho nodded and he breathed in. "Uh... So... Did I pass?" 

 

Minhyun blinked before he stifled a laugh. Dongho turned red and pursed his lips. "What's there to pass? You've always been such a wonderful friend to me. Plus... I still got my date with Baekho so I can't give you a proper answer now." 

 

"W-what about a kiss though? That... I mean... Its fine if you don't want to. I mean... Your choice could change," Dongho rambled to himself while picking at his fingers. Minhyun smiled at how cute Dongho was acting and hummed as if he was giving it a thought.

 

"Dongho ah, look at me." 

 

Dongho peered up at Minhyun who was smiling. 

 

"I really enjoyed our time today so... I'll let you kiss me." 

 

Dongho gasped and without hesitation, grabbed Minhyun's collar and pressed their lips together gently before he decided to change his mind.