Finding Ways

Knocked Out

"You're off the beat. Again" 

The girl standing in the center of the room let out a sigh. It's been two hours of practice yet she can't get the beat right. 

It's not like this is the first time she done the move. But her mind just can't cooperate with her today.

A lot of things ringing inside her head. Can't seem to get focus on certain things infront of her.

She doesn't want to disappointed the teacher she adore so much.

But her life has been a messed up ever since the monolid girl came to her life and ruin the happily ever after ending of her life.

Should have seen that coming from the very first place. Yet her heart didn't see it that way.

Stupid of her for still waiting for her despite the hars words she thrown at her two days ago. Was it her fault? Was it her fault for having fate towards the monolid girl?

That probably one day she will cameback to her and finally opening herself up to her. Was it her fault? She is clueless.

Again, the music start from the beginning and Irene starting to get her body move to the beat. Sway, popping but even if she had tried so hard to bring the perfect move, she knows her teacher isn't satisfied with what she's doing right now.

The look on Miss Hyoyeon face clearly saying she isn't satisfied and disappointed with the artist infront of her.

The blonde hair girl who standing 8 feet away from Irene walk towards the stereo in the corner of the practice room and turn the music off.

She let out a big sigh and stare at Irene who had her head hanging down, feeling so guilty and disappointed with herself.

"What are you doing, Irene?"

Irene remain quiet. 

"It's not the first time you did the move" 

Again Irene remain quiet. She didn't know what she should say since she know the problem is within herself not others not the music not the dance move.

"It's three days away for your final evaluation. Your test. You do aware of who will be the judge for your test, right?" 

Irene nodded lightly. 

She can hear how disappointed Miss Hyoyeon is from the way she spoke. 

It's her first time to ever make her beloved dance teacher disappointed like this. 

Hyoyeon sigh. She know Irene is a very smart, diligent, and talented girl. This dance move is so easy for her but she look struggling with it. Not because she can't. But something is bothering her.

That's why she can't seem to get focus during practice. Somehow there is something Irene can't stop thinking and it really distracting her focus during practice.

Hyoyeon knows Irene really well. She's a hardworking person and there is no way she's struggling with the dance move. The only problem is her mind and her heart.

And so, she approach the law student and pat her shoulder. 

"Try to relax yourself. It seems you get bothered by something. I don't know exactly what but I think it's best if you handle it fast. Don't let it ruin you" said Hyoyeon before she leave Irene alone in the practice room.

Once she heard the door being closed behind her, she groaned in frustration and drop herself to the wooden floor.

The problem is indeed within herself. She can't seem to get rid the image of Seulgi in her mind.

The way the girl pushed her away and those eyes staring at her emotionless.

Why?

Irene still didn't understand. What is Seulgi trying to protect her from?

Seulgi obviously not dangerous. Then what? Or maybe who?

The desperation of wanting answer are raging inside her. But she have no clue to where she should start. Hopelessly she exhale heavy breath and took some rest time in the practice room. 

~~~

"Finally! After waiting for so long!" said Krystal celebrating inside her office room.

One of her intel had made an arrangement for Seulgi. She will be fighting Jessi next weekend and surely this is a great lead.

Not only that, the police department got a report just awhile ago that there is a illegal drug dealing in Busan Harbor.

They managed to catch one of the guys and it happened to be one of Chang Wook men. This time they didn't want to waste anything.

The name who wanted to be address as Kim Rowon was brought to military camp site. A place where criminals with high charges being interogated.

Not only interogated face to face, it will be got lot worse than just talking.

It's hard for the police department to use that place since it's belong to the military. Since Ji Chang Wook and Kim Woo Bin cases are reported as national threat one month ago, military had their hands to help the police department. 

And so right now both laws enforment working together to capture both criminals and shutting down the illegal fight once and for all.

Krystal and some of her colleagues went to the military camp site to interogated Kim Rowon.

He did got several bruises on his face and the moment Krystal came visited him, he was in worse condition.

Is this all ilegal? According to military rules, yes it is. This treatment will be out of the records and everything that happened inside the camp site remained there.

Based on her interogation with Kim Rowon, Ji Chang Wook are planning to kill Kim Woo Bin.

But of course it wasn't an easy plan. Kim Rowon did mentioned Seulgi in his story. That her step daughter is the key to kill Kim Woo Bin because once Seulgi fight with Jessi, Chang Wook will have his men to search for Kim Woo Bin.

Jessi is like a knight. Protecting her king from his enemy and his enemy is Chang Wook. Chang Wook have Seulgi as one of the best fighter inside the illegal fights. 

The only way to erase Chang Wook debt to Woo Bin is for his fighter to fight with Jessi. Will both men played safe for the match? No one knows because both guys are the most dangerous drug dealers in South Korea. 

By the time their fighters fight each other, both men will compete their money for their fighter. Betting all their money and if one of them lose, they need to surrender.

That's the deal between them. But sure they won't play clean. There could be ambush in that place. No one knows. 

Also both guys are competing in selling drugs. Planning to spread their drugs into world wide selling. If Jessi wins, Woo Bin will get Chang Wook's property and it will take advantage for Woo Bin to spread his products world wide.

Making him the strongest and highest drug dealer in Korea. 

So, everything went back to Seulgi. She need to fight Jessi to get both guys got out from their hiding. Possibly letting both guys meet each other and that will be the time where Krystal and her colleagues ambush their meeting.

It might be risky for Seulgi but this is the only way to catch them.

With this good news...or bad news....Krystal called Seulgi to tell her the updates. Hopefully Seulgi is ready to fight Jessi.

~~~

"Thank you for the news, Krystal. I make sure I'll be ready for next weekend" 

Behind the counter coffee, Seulgi stood right in the corner after receiving a call from Krystal.

The detective won't called her during the day. They usually face time during night. So clearly this is something urgent and important.

When she heard the news, finally some weight being lift up from her shoulders. But still she can't hide getting nervous for the fight.

It's normal for her. After all she's going to fight the most powerful, skillful fighter.

But she still believe she can defeat Jessi. 

After she ended the call, Wendy approached. Perfect timing. 

The look on Wendy's face indicating she's concern and caution. Since Seulgi make a serious look on her face. Wendy's afraid if anything bad happen.

"I will fight Jessi next weekend" 

"What? How?"

"The intel" 

Wendy nodded.

"Are you ready?" 

Seulgi sigh.

As she stare at Wendy's eyes before she say,

"Truthfully...no" 

Without Wendy realized, she had been holding her breath in the midst of silent. 

She finally able to breathe when Seulgi answered her question. But it was not a relieved exhaled. More like...surrender.

Surrender to the situation. 

Seulgi patted Wendy's shoulder and form a reassuring smile before she go back to her station. 

Today the cafe quiet crowded with people.

Lot of customers coming in and surely Seulgi and Wendy are busy making the orders. 

Actually this is great. They can keep their mind and body busy with work despite thinking of the fight. 

And the cafe remain crowded until their shift finally over.

Seulgi put her apron hanging on the wall before taking all her belonging and took the front door to get out from the cafe, followed by Wendy behind her.

But before they could even take their first step away from the cafe, Seulgi recieved a call.

A call which made her running real fast to the least favorite place she wanted the girl to be. Followed by Wendy right behind her.

~~~

The extreme beat from the music, thumbing the whole room, filled with people dancing around like there is no tomorrow.

Alcohol and alcohol being served from the bar to the nearest table they have.

Som eof the employees need to be careful when they want to serve foods and drinks because they can easily bump into people inside the club who are busy dancing around didn't even mind the people around them.

The light inside the room is dimp, full with colorful light pointing to random spot inside the room.

The dj standing behind his counter, playing with the melody, the bass, everything. Making the crowd go wild every seconds.

And there is a girl. Walking her small step inside the club. Feeling a little hard to breathe due to the smoke surrounding the room and the smell of alcohol. 

She didn't know why she ended up here but all she wanted to do right now is take away this feeling inside her. Also to get rid of the image inside her mind. 

Maybe a little being naughty would help her ease her mind a little.

With her awkward steps, she went to the bar and sit there. Looking at her surrounding trying to get used to all this.

"What can I get for you?" asked a woman behind the counter bar, dressing up black shirt.

Irene not sure what she should order but,

"Soju?" said Irene a little unsure which made the woman chuckles.

"Newbie?" Irene firmly smile and nodded slowly. 

"Aren't you too brave to came here all alone for the first time?"

"Guess, I'm a reckless girl" said Irene. 

The woman laugh and she leaned closer, resting her chin on top of her hands as she watch Irene closely. 

"Tell me. What makes you so reckless, young lady?" asked the woman seductively.

Irene bite her lips as she didn't want to talk about it to a complete stranger.

And it seems the woman get the signal because soon she leaned backward.

"Just give me the strong one...please?" said Irene and the woman nodded.

Several minutes later, the woman cameback with a bottle of alcohol with one empty glass.

She put it right infront of Irene and Irene tilted her head.

"It's in the house. Say I'm paying for the newbie who seems to have lot of things in mind" said the woman pointing to Irene' s face before she left.

Leaving Irene with bottles of vodka. 

Without waiting any further, she open the bottle and pour the liquid to the glass and took one shot of the vodka.

Feeling the warm sensation running through down to her stomach. 

She never drink alcohol before. Never like it anyways. But right now it might be the best way to get rid of all the pain she's feeling right now. 

And so she went from one shot up to two and then three and then five and then seven.

While the bartender watched her from far, not wantiing anything bad happened to the newbie. 

So far, Irene didn't do anything crazy. She remain in her seat, drinking all the alcohol not wanting to left anything inside the bottle.

As the night getting late, Irene still sitting behind the bar, resting her heavy head on the bar table. Feeling her eyelids getting too heavy to open. 

Maybe she will stumble once she get up from the seat. 

Even after finishing half the bottles, she still see the image of the person who had hurted her. 

The feeling of her skin against the monolid girl, the passionate kiss, the sweet taste of Seulgi's lips, and just the pleasure she gave to her.

Everything still feels so real and she can see it vividly. 

Seems the alcohol didn't work to let go of the pain and get rid of Seulgi's image in her thought. Otherwise, it just making it lot worse. 

The alcohol seems to distract her from the reality. Didn't even feel the vibration inside her pocket. Letting her knew there is a pohone call coming in for her.

But the latter are too drunk to even realized it. 

"Girl, you're pretty drunk" said a guy who came sitting next to her. Leaving one space between them, making some distance. 

Irene who could barely open her eyes, turn her head towards the sound even though she can barely hear it. 

"Seulgi?" said Irene which made the guy laugh.

Clearly Irene is drunk. She didn't even know it was a man sitting next to her. Well her mind is full of Seulgi anyways.

"Your girl ain't coming here, Irene-sshi" said the man.

"No~ She will come! She's ma heeeroooo!" the man chuckles.

"Guess you're too drunk but well I think you would like to know what your hero had been doing, right?" 

Even though Irene is quiet drunk, somehow she can still respond to the conversation. Like she's concious enough to get the iinformation.

"OH?! What is~ ma hero~ doing? Seulgi?!" said Irene still stumbling from getting her head up from the table.

"You can come to this place. Let me put it inn your pocket"

But before he could, Irene raise her hand up still with her eyes close and took the paper from the man. Which the man slipped the paper to Irene's hand.

Irene took the paper and was trying to read it but everything so blur. She can't even read it. But she managed to put it inside her pocket and then  went unconcious on the bar table. 

The man smirk as he find his way out from the club with his baseball hat on and left. 

Irene was left alone in the bar unconcious as the alcohol had dominated her blood and drive her to sleep. 

A sudden ambush to the club, surprising the whole visitors in the club.

Police came rushing in to the club with full equipment, scaring the visitors.

"Police! Everyone get on the floor!" 

The police came searching every corner inside the club and once everything is clear, they spoke through their radio.

"Second floor clear"

"Bathroom clear"

"Bar clear"

"Dance floor clear"

"Room A clear"

And then a certain girl with bullet vest wrapping her body perfectly with Police sign written in the middle of the vest, she walk inside the club.

She sigh and cursed. 

I'm late...again.

"No sign of Ji Chang Wook?" asked Krystal to one of the police officer.

"No. I think he had left and we had checked outside the club and there is no sign of him" Krystal nodded.

"Well let's look for the CCTV in the club. He can't possibly avoid the CCTV in here" the police officer nodded given from the detective orders.

"Irene?!" 

Krystal turn her head towards the entrance door and found Seulgi standing there with eyes looking so scared. Followed right behind her is Wendy who looked so tired.

She called Seulgi the moment she received the news from her men. Telling her Ji Chang Wook are with Irene. Before her men could lay hands on him, he disappears.

"Seulgi" Krystal blocked her ways and put her hands on Seulgi's shoulder trying to calm the girl down.

"Where is Irene? Is she okay?" said Seugli really worried.

"Calm down. Nothing happen. My me saw him came in here and when he was about to catch him, Chang Wook disappears"

"Did he do anything to Irene?" 

"No. But she's drunk" 

It broke Seulgi's heart. 

Her body trembling hard as she saw Irene resting her head on the bar table unconcious.

Seeing her lying so weak and drunk, it broke her heart so much.

Again everything is her fault.

She walk towards the unconcious girl and stood right next to her.

The smell of alcohol invading Irene's body. Seulgi can smell of the alcohol scent.

Seulgi look behind the bar and saw a woman standing on the edge of the bar.

She's the bartender.

"Did she drank half of this alone?" the woman nodded.

"Irene" said Seulgi exhaling.

Wendy patted Seulgi's shoulder encouraging the monolid girl.

Seulgi could only hang her head down, feeling the guilty running in her veins. 

If only her life isn't complicated, she may have Irene running around the city with ring wrraping around her finger perfectly.

Maybe they will have their happiness without anything holding them together.

"We should move her" said Wendy.

Seulgi nodded and she slowly bring Irene's on her back then brought her to Krystal's car.

Inside the car, driving to Jennie's house, Seulgi remain quiet.

Sitting right beside Irene who had her head on Seulgi's shoulder. Sleeping soundly.

As she took glance at the sleeping nerd, she turn her face, facing the window cars ashe she clench both her palms.

This only mean even after she is done with Jessi later, the matter between her and Ji Chang Wook will still continue.

Probably he had known by now that she's working with the police.

And so she need to be careful because no one knows what will happen during the fight later. 

What makes her more scared is Irene. 

Please be save Irene and I'm sorry

 

Hi guys! So how was it? We haven't reach the top of the roller coaster game yet! But had you felt the intensity yet? Just sit tight and let me bring you to the top! Enjoy the chapter! Stay safe and see you soon!