Chapter 8

Knocked Out

Days later Irene went back to the office after staying at home doing nothing but cooking for Seulgi. Since she is suspended and Seulgi obviously won't allowed Irene to go outside during this time, she stayed at home, cooking, scrolling on her phone, and sleep. 

That's what she do for the last two days inside the house. Waiting for Seulgi to go home and go to sleep together. Then next morning waking up with the monolid girl beside her. Making breakfast for the both of them and then doing the same thing with dinner. 

She cook the dinner for both of them after awhile they haven't had a proper dinner in the house. 

And now she's back to the office, she finally back to her usual routine. 

Coming to the office, Yeji greet her as usual with a morning coffee in her hand.

"Good morning, Miss Bae. Welcome back," said Yeji with a smile on her face.

Irene took the coffee and smile.

"How was the office while I'm gone?"

"Nothing bad happened, Miss. Oh and your new case has arrive yesterday. I made sure it wasn't anything scary," said Yeji with a grinned on her face.

Irene chuckle and mouthed thank you before going to her office. 

The moment she step her foot inside her office, she can smell lavender fill the whole room. Which make her smile because she knows Yeji did this to welcome her back.

It's only three days of suspended yet the younger girl welcomed her like she was gone for a year. 

Overall, she's thankful for the younger girl effort for the warm welcome. Truthfully she miss work so bad. 

Being an attorney is her dream. Helping people to prove they are innoncent is what Irene really wanted to do for the rest of her life.

When she was young, she saw lot of people being mistreated and was being treated unfair infront of the law. Irene went to the law school to change that.

She may meet obstacle along the way but that's how life works.

Someday you will be happy, someday you will be mad, someday you will be sad, someday you want to punch someone. That's just how life works and what happened to her the other day is just one of the obstacle life want her to experience.

That accident just another event that proves she's not alright and need help real fast. 

And since she promise Jennie and Seulgi to see psychiatrist, she already book an appointment at 15.00. 

What she will be doing right now is looking through her client file and call the client for a meet up. She need to hear what her client have to say about the problem and what Irene should do next according to what her client say. 

As she was about to open the file, someone knock her office door. Only to reveal Jennie standing by the door frame. For the last two days, Jennie and Irene haven't talk much since Jennie told Irene she will be having a short getaway together with Jisoo. 

A perfect time to enjoy each other presence after a shocking news. 

Irene greeted Jennie with her beautiful smile as Jennie walk herself to sit on the couch while Irene remain still on her chair behind her desk. She still need to review her client file and at the same time she will hear what Jennie have to say.

"New case?," asked Jennie taking a peek from where she is sitting.

"Yes. Don't you have new case to do?"

"Not in the moment," said Jennie which Irene nodded slightly still focusing her eyes on the file infront of her.

"So, did everything went well with Seulgi?" 

"Everything been handle. Seulgi have her own connection to clean everything," said Irene. 

"What do you mean by that?," asked Jennie.

"We gotten rid of the body," said Irene which made Jennie completely shock. 

"How?"

"Krystal. She helped us" 

"Then?" 

Irene sigh. She look up from her case file, staring at Jennie with her unreadable eyes. 

Actually, she didn't want to tell Jennie all the details since maybe she will freak out but maybe it best if she told Jennie about it all. 

After all, she was involved too and she need to know how the hell they managed to clean it all up.

"Krystal and her men cleaned the apartment room. Then they made up something about Baekhyun whereabout. Saying he quit his job and went somewhere. I don't know the details about it but Krystal told us there is no trace left of us there"

"The body?" Irene gulped. She didn't know where the body is right now but she is sure, the police and everyone won't know where the hell Krystal put the body.

"I don't know"

""

Irene bite her lips feeling a bit nervous just like Jennie feel right now.

But Irene know Jennie is strong. Stronger than she is. She will recover soon as long as no one bothers her. Irene hate how her life dragged Jennie unintentionally. 

It's different from the way she was being dragged into Seulgi's life. She chose to be part of Seulgi's life and everything bad that happen inside, she will get through it because she love Seulgi.

But with Jennie...yes she love her but this is her life and Seulgi. She feels bad for dragging Jennie in unintentionally. 

This should be between Irene and Seulgi. No one have to get involve again. 

Right now, with Krystal and her new team helping them to find the culprit who wants to kill Seulgi and mess up with Irene's life, she just wish everything will end soon enough.

She doesn't want anyone who are close to her get hurt because of her and Seulgi. 

"Look. What matter is everything is fine now. We don't need to worry and we have Krystal to help us. She have more sources than she used to be," Irene said trying to calm Jennie down. 

"You're right," said Jennie biting her bottom lips looking a little bit unsure but at the end she manage to smile.

A smile of relieve actually. Not that kind of sorrow smile. 

"Anyways, have you book an appointment?" asked Jennie which Irene let out a smile before bringing her eyes back to focus on the case file.

"I did. I will attend it later," said Irene.

"Great. I really hope you feeling well after going there"

Irene wish it will be not as bad as she thought it will be later. 

All Irene can do is smile.

Seeing how the lawyer is busy with her case file, Jennie decided to go back to her office.

"Alright. I'll leave you with that case. Talk to you later?" Irene chuckles and nodded.

"See ya"

~~~

Thought that going to the psychiatrist will be bad, scary, and nerve wrecking, but once Irene experience it by herself, it wasn't bad at all. But until to the point that the psychiatrist which she address herself as Choi Sooyoung told her she need to quit taking sleeping pills and see what comes next.

Well, Irene told her she forgot to take the sleeping pills a couple days ago and managed to wake up without the nightmares.

Sooyoung told her it was a good sign despite she beeing an addict for a year. She thought Irene will relapse but what the girl told her really surprise her.

So, Sooyoung told her she should quit taking those pills and see what happen next. For the mean time, Irene still need to attend several appointment with her and maybe during that appointment, Irene have something to say to ease her mind and to stop her having those nightmares.

Sooyoung suggested her its best if she making a journal. Writing her feelings on the paper and then in the next appointment they will discuss about those feeling and how Irene have been coping up with her daily routines.

Maybe she suffer some anxiety during her daily routine, maybe there is something else that triggers her anxiety other than blood. 

Overall, the first meeting wasn't bad at all. 

Irene feel a little better after she talks about her feeling this past one year. 

The thought about seeking help to a psychiatrist is a sign of weakness was wrong and Irene realize that just now. 

As she went out from Sooyoung office, she walk to the lobby only to find a certain person she recognize standing by the window glass, with one hand inside her pocket jeans and the other playing with her phone.

Looking so handsome with her baby blue long sleeve shirt that she rolled up to her elbow. 

Sure, Irene wasn't aware that Seulgi will be here picking her up because the girl didn't tell her. This is just one of Seulgi's action to tell her how care she is about Irene and that she willing to support her in every situation she is. 

And Irene couldn't be more thankful for having Seulgi as her girlfriend. 

Since Seulgi is busy with her phone, she didn't realize Irene already standing by her side. 

"Is the phone more interesting than me?," asked Irene who grab Seulgi attention right away. She put her phone back to her pocket and pull Irene into a hug full of comfort.

Irene love it when Seulgi slightly squeeze her body as a sign of her effection towards her.

"How was it?"

"It wasn't bad at all. We talk about my feeling and she told me that I should stop taking the sleeping pills"

"I already throw it away and I will make sure you won't get the chance to buy it!" said Seulgi pinching her nose.

"I won't and Sooyoung told me that, you have the big role in helping me get through the nightmares"

"I'm ready for it" said Seulgi which make Irene feel even more grateful to have her as her partner. 

"Come on"

After that, hand in hand, they walk out from the hospital.

The sky looks a bit gloomy despite it's only 5 in the evening. 

But it doesn't matter. As long as Seulgi right beside her, even the gloomy sky won't stop her from being happy.

From the side, Irene can see Seulgi is smiling. Don't know the specific reason why she smile but Irene knows that Seulgi is happy because she's with Irene. 

Just walking around together in silence always make Seulgi happy. She always told her that and by that Irene didn't want to ruin the moment they have right now.

She just let Seulgi lead the way, wherever she want them to be right now. 

As they walk holding hands, Irene watch the road to be so crowded with lots of cars on the road. Going somewhere she don't know possibly where. 

Despite being a homebody person, once she's outside, Irene love to see how crowded this city can be all the time.

It's fascinating to see people walking down the street going somewhere they should be and then all of sudden they met someone they know by accident on their way.

Irene used to be a strict homebody person. She never go outside unless she have to. Like going to class and cafe if her best friends asked her out. Other than that, she will stay inside her house. Doing nothing but lying down on her bed. 

Sometimes she would go study until sun rise up the next morning. 

She used to have this thought that if she happened to reject Jennie's offer that day, going to Jisoo's party, will she ever get another chances to meet Seulgi? Outside from campus enviroment and that party?

Will she be able to get together with Seulgi?

She don't know the answer. 

But that doesn't matter anymore. She's right here holding Seulgi's hand.

And she is grateful and thankful they met in that party.

She is more grateful that she accepted the offer Jennie asked her despite she almost got drugged that day, well that's how she and Seulgi met. Sometimes she's thankful that God let her be clumsy that day or not she won't get to meet Seulgi and be her girlfriend right now.

They finally arrive in a small park which is not that far where Irene parked her car. 

The park isn't packed with people since it's weekdays. They stop right under one of the tree in the park and sit there with their back leaning on the tree.

Irene as always have her head rest on Seulgi's shoulder.

She always find it comfortable to rest her head on Seulgi's broad shoulder. It's comfortable.

"You didn't told me you will come and pick me up," said Irene tryiing to open a conversation.

"I want to surprise you. After all, the practice ended ealier than it should be. So, I thought why not dropped by at the hospital to pick up my beloved girlfriend?" 

Irene nudge Seulgi after hearing the cheesy statement from her.

At the end Seulgi could only laugh with her beautiful eye smile. 

"Thank you, really. For showing up at the hospital earlier"

Seulgi turn her head, facing Irene who are staring at the beautiful view infront of them.

All look so green and neat with the trees and flowers filling the small park in the middle of the crowded city. Hearing the birds chirping in the sky and the wind breeze touching their skin. 

"I want you to know that I'm always here for you. No matter what happen," said Seulgi with her eyes staring at Irene deeply and the way she said that, Irene turn her head to meet Seulgi's eyes.

The way her heart always beat faster than it should be just by looking at Seulgi always success making her go crazy. Everytime Seulgi talk deeply, wanting to emphasize her sentences to make sure Irene got her message always success making her fluttering.

Also it make Irene fall even deeper to Seulgi.

"Thank you" Seulgi smile as she slightly kiss Irene's lips. 

Maybe the both of them are too focus with their own world that they don't realize the sky is dropping its water slowly. 

The sky is about to cry hard in any moment yet the couple are too focus with the staring contest. 

That after the rain drops heavily, they realize what they should do right now is run. Despite sitting under the tree, it will never be a good decision to stay away from rain.

Especially with thunder in the sky. 

Hand in hand, Seulgi drag Irene away, running from the park to wherever place near the neighborhood to cover themselve from the heavy rain. 

Despite them being soaked because of the water dropping to their clothes, Irene finds it fun. 

And she realize after awhile she can relax her shoulder and feel the nature touching her skin. She's not alone to feel this kind of feeling. She's with Seulgi.

Who sometimes turn her head to see Irene with her gummy smile on her face. The way both of them running under the heavy rain, holding each other hand dind't even mind the rain soaking their clothes, those little things doesn't matter at all for Irene.

What matter is, she's enjoying the heavy rain together with Seulgi and this is a new kind of experience for her. Playing under the heavy rain like children. 

It doesn't matter if they are soaked with water, as long as Irene get to be with Seulgi, that's all Irene needed. 

Seulgi here right beside her. 

And that moment felt like eternity. Moving slowly as Irene trying to remember every little detail they are doing right now.

Before Irene could do anything, they arrived infront of a convenience store. Covering themselve from the heavy rain.

Both of them patting for air but still manage to laugh at each other for doing such a childish thing. 

But in the midst of them laughing, Irene can't help but to be mesmerize by Seulgi.

The way the girl laugh so free like there is no burden on her shoulder, she look even more prettier when she laugh like that. No. It doesn't mean Irene never saw her smiling like that, it just...it's been awhile since the last time Irene saw it.

And she adore how Seulgi laughing like that right now. 

Irene keep on staring at Seulgi admiring the laughing bear beside her. Didn't even care if both of them are soaked wet. 

By the time Seulgi finish laughing she just realize Irene were staring at her this whole time and she do the same thing to Irene.

Mesmerize by the beauty standing right beside her, soaking wet. 

It feels like the perfect time for them to kiss and that is exactly what Irene have been waiting for. 

Seulgi bring her hand wrapping around Irene's waist, pulling her closer to against her body. She wrapped her hand perfectly fit around Irene's tiny waist. 

Still locking their eyes, Irene bring her hands cupping Seulgi cheek, pulling her face closer to her. While Seulgi pushing Irene's back feeling the tiny girl body against her even more. She tighten her hug with one hand and the other find its place on Irene's neck.

And under the heavy rain, the couple kiss passionately. Feeling very hungry for each other comfort. The kiss isn't sorrow. It was very lovely, passionate, wet, and full of meaning.

Irene being grateful to meet Seulgi and build a relationship together with her. Seulgi being grateful to meet Irene during her tough time last year and feel beyond thankful to have Irene still standing here right beside her.

Staying right beside her despite the danger that's about to come to them. 

Those kind of feeling become one and they put it all to the kiss they are doing right now. 

Unfortunately, both of them were having so much fun with each other that they didn't realize one of her best friend went missing....again...for the second time. 

~~~

"Did you get the girl?" 

"Yes, we did"

"I don't want you to lose her again. If she do anything stupid, just kill her. I want Kang Seulgi to come to me"

"We will"

Inside the dark, humid, small basement room, lying down on the floor unconcious with both hands tight with rope and was pull to the back, legs completely wrapped tight with rope and mouth is close with tape.

The tall guy standing by the door, staring down at the girl with her cold bloody eyes.

Seeing the girl lying down on the floor with some bruises and wounds on her face since the girl are so strong, they need to capture her in a really harsh way you guys don't need to know how. 

What's important is they managed to capture the girl once again after his stupid men can't handle her. At the end he needs to get his own hand to capture this girl. 

"Call me once she wake up. We will play a little torture game again"