Exchange

Knocked Out

Seulgi gasped for air once she regain concious. Fully aware of her surrounding and remember what happened yesterday. She panting to breathe, feeling the air coming into her lungs. 

Her eyes looking around the room, trying to adjust with the light and soon regain her vision. Clearly she can see irene and Wendy being cuff by the pipe. 

Sitting sideway on the floor. Both girls have their eyes close. Panic attack rushing inside her like an adrenaline. Trying so hard to get off from the chair but ended up fail.

"Seulgi?" 

"Irene! You okay? Did he drug you?!" 

Irene shake her head and eyes getting teary. Finally after waiting for so long, she finally see Seulgi back. Her hero. She broke into tears of happiness and relieved.

Wanting so bad to run to her and hug Seulgi like there is no tomorrow. 

There is nothing more relieved than seeing Seulgi got herself back after being drug.

All the feeling of disappointment gone as soon as she put the dots. While waiting inside the room, she get herself busy with putting all the dots together.

Even there is slight missing dots, Irene managed to get everything almost perfect. For further information, she only need to ask Seulgi but not now. 

Because her heart is filled with happiness rather than sorrow. 

"Seulgi?" 

"Wendy! You're okay?" 

"Don't mind us! What about you?" said Wendy.

Even from a far distance, Seulgi can see a slight cut right on the corner of Wendy lips. Seulgi boiled in anger as she knows that Chang Wook had probably lay his hands on Wendy.

She's make sure she will kill him once and for all.

But right now, she need to think of way out. 

"I'm okay. The drug really influenced me" 

Wendy and Irene exhaled in relieved.

"We need to get out from here" 

"I know you will say that" said Wendy sarcastically. 

Seulgi rolled her eyes then look around the room, looking for some opportunity. 

But clearly, they were kept inside a room without window. The only way out for them is the door. 

How? All of them are being cuff tightly. 

Seulgi bite her lower lips, getting pretty anxious. 

"Ah! You're awake! Perfect timing!" said Chang Wook who barged into the room suddenly.

Her eyes fill with fire. Looking so angry and full of hatred.

Both her hands clenching so tight at the back. Wanting to get her hands on him so badly.

Chang Wook walk towards her with smirk forming on his face.

"We're going to move. Apparently your police friend agreed to do prisoners exchange! Now, finally I get to lays my hands on Woo Bin. That bastard" 

Seulgi didn't think of anything else. Otherwise she glare at the old man, glaring with anger filling her heart. 

Chang Wook smirk with victory and then send signal to his men to move the three girls. 

Of course the girls were trying to rebel against Chang Wook men but all their effort was useless because their stronger than them.

And so, they were moved inside a black van with blind folded covering their eyes.

~~~

"My friend is missing. Her name is Bae Irene!" 

"We will find her as soon as possibly miss. Now please calm down and take a-"

"DON'T YOU TELL ME TO TAKE A SIT AND CALM DOWN! MY BEST FRIEND IS MISSING HOW CAN I CALM DOWN!" 

"Jennie, calm down, okay? The police will find her" said Jisoo literally trying to get her girlfriend to calm down. 

Jennie can't believe Irene lied to her.

She went to Irene's room because the girls were planning to go out but then she found her room was empty.

Nothing could explain where is she right now. 

And Jennie was furious and panic at the same time. Knowing her best friend is missing and literally ignore what she had just said to her. 

Guess she can't really trust Irene when she told her she won't do it again.

After that, she rushed to the police office with Lisa, Rose, and Jisoo. The three other girls are panic just as the same as her. 

Once she came to the police office, se expected for fast respond from the police.

But clearly they didn't.

That's why she is furious and angry right now because maybe Irene's life is in danger right now.

She didn't know but can't the police predict that?

"I WANT MY BEST FRIEND BACK! FIND HER PLEASE!" 

From far where the four girls standing, Krystal came out from the office after having her briefing with her team. 

She currently talking with one of her colleague when she hear Seulgi's name being said by one of the girls there.

Curiously, she told her colleague to go first and she walk towards them.

Signaling the police office off, telling that she'll take care of the furious and angry young lady who seems at the same age as Seulgi. 

"Can I help you guys?" Krystal asked.

"Oh?! You're the one with Seulgi!" said the girl pointing at her.

That's when Krystal realized. She thought she saw the girl somewhere and remember that she went to the girl house with Seulgi.

"Right. You're Irene-sshi friend" Jennie nodded.

"You know what's going on, I supposed" said Krystal.

"Please tell us she's okay. I'm really worried right now" said Jennie begging for an answer she wanted to hear.

But clearly Krystal can't said that. She can't say that everything will be alright and Irene will be back.

No she certainly can't say that because no one knows what will happen later. 

Krystal sigh and put her hands across on her chest as she getting ready to tell them the truth. 

"I cannot say that everything will be alright. But in the mean time we are trying our best to get Irene-sshi and Seulgi back. We're going to get them back right now"

"Where? Where? Can we come?" asked the blonde hair girl which Krystal didn't know her name.

"I'm sorry. I can't let you guys come. I suggest you guys to stay at home and I will inform one of you guys once we get them back" said Krystal reassuring them that the police will handle this matter.

Even though Jennie feel a bit hesitated to do so but at the end she gave up.

She know she's not in the place to safe Irene. Otherwise, with her being reckless and stuff won't help her get Irene back safely.

This surely dangerous and she need the help from law enforcement to bring back her best friend. 

Right now what she can do is pray and hope. 

And also put her trust in the good hands. She can see the sincerity from Krystal eyes that telling her she willing to get them back safely. 

So, she gave Krystal her phone number and sigh.

"Please bring my best friend back safely" 

Krystal firmly nodded.

"I will. Now excuse me"

~~~

"Are everyone ready in their position?" 

"Yes detective"

"Prisoners ready?" 

"Ready"

"Make sure that we get Seulgi, Wendy, and Irene-sshi first" 

The police officers nodded firmly and then they salute before leaving Krystal. 

Busan Harbor are clear froom visitors. They had make sure every corner of the harbor are empty.

This operation surely dangerous and Krystal only want one thing in this operation.

Capture Ji Chang Wook once and for all. She had failed during their ambush in the illegal fight. 

Kim Woo Bin managed to get away and so was Ji Chang Wook.

After that ambush, Krystal had make sure the police department and military have their eyes on every border and airport.

She don't want Kim Woo Bin to get out from South Korea. 

It appears that their deal were cut off and now Ji Chang Wook is furious to capture Woo Bin since he didn't kept his promises.

Well what can you expect from a criminal?

And so Chang Wook made a negotiation with her yesterday. 

Asking for an exchange prisoners for Kim Rowon and the three girls. 

Krystal didn't know what is he playing but this is her only opportunity to capture that criminal and to bring back her friends.

While waiting for them to arrive, Krystal walk towards the back of her vehicle.

Took out her cell phone and dialed some number befor eputting it on her ear.

Waiting for the beep to stop, she took a deep breathe and exhale it roughly.

"Hello?"

"Ready in position?" 

"Done"

"Great. I'll call-"

"You know it's been awhile since the lasta time you called me" said the girl ont he other side. 

Krystal sigh.

She was hesitated to call the girl. Knowing their history was never good and surely didn't want to bring back the bad memories of them.

But she knows the girl on the other side is the best when it comes to long gun.

Clearly her boss didn't know any of this. Otherwise she will get kick out from the operation for dragging a veteran into this operation.

All of this is frustrating for Krystal since she didn't get the permission to use long gun due to her past history. 

And she blame herself for that. 

Rather than asking the highly intellegence agency to bring her their snipers down, she prefer to ask her ex girlfriend to do the job instead.

She can't trust snipers from independent agency and the military aren't going to let their snipers out only to capture national criminals. For them it's unnecessary.

indeed. Good thing she's out from the military. 

"Despite how much I hate you and the grudge I have for you, you're still one of the top snipers I can trust in this field" 

"Glad to hear that" said the girl.

And then there is a slight silent between them.

But the girl on the other side broke the silent.

"So I'll get the permission to fire a shot if the plan didn't go well?" 

"Whatever you see from the scope, just fire" 

"Note that princess" Krystal sigh.

"Thank you, Amber" 

The detective ended the call before Amber could answer her back. And the sniper chuckles.

Still the same, Soojung.

~~~

The van still on the move. Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy being in the same van not knowing where the hell they are going. 

Three girls were leaning their back on the side of the van, trying to get their body to relax for a bit.

After several minutes feeling like hours, Seulgi can hear water outside of the van.

Water clashing lightly to hard wall. Looks like they bringing them somewhere near the sea.

Make sense if they brought them to harbor.

So is this where they're going to exchange prisoners? 

"Seems like they brought us to a harbor" Seulgi whispering.

"Harbor? Are they going to release us here?" asked Wendy. 

"Maybe" 

Irene on the other hand remain quiet. Feeling so nervous and scared at the same time. 

Slowly they can feel the van starting to slow down it speed.

They're going to get out soon. 

"Listen, they're going to release us soon. Probably I will be the last one. Make sure not to make any sudden movement. Just do what they say" said Seulgi.

"What? No. You're injured!" said Irene shockingly.

"Irene. Please trust me in this one, okay? I will be alright" said Seulgi.

But Irene can't never trust Seulgi with this. Since the monolid girl always broke her promises.

But at the end she chose to follow Seulgi. 

Anything she do might endager Seulgi and that is the least thing she wanted to happen to Seulgi.

Witnessing how Seulgi was being tortured back then, she really didn't want to see it again. 

And so the back door of the van open letting the light coming in. 

The men open their blind folded forcefully and their eyes adjusting to the light.

Vividly they can see three men pointing guns to each of them.

Prepare to shot them if it necessary. 

Then the main criminal came from the back of his men. His eyes look unhappy. Glaring directly to Seulgi.

"Get them out"

His men dragged the three girls out forcely.

Making Irene almost stumble her way and almost fall down to the ground. 

"Hey! Careful, you idiot!" said Seulgi to the men who has his hands on Irene.

"Shut up!" 

The three girls walking with three men behind them, pointing gun towards them. 

From where they are, Seulgi can see police vehicles and vividly can see Krystal standing on the center complete with her gun and bullet vest.

She can see Krystal nodding at her, telling her she handle the operation real well.

Seulgi nodded back and turn her head alternately to Wendy and Irene. 

They completely look scared and it hurt Seulgi.

They shouldn't get involved in this.

"Stop" said Chang Wook. 

And the three girls obey.

Lights pointing directly to them, making them hard to see. They narrowed their eyes due to the light.

Chang Wook stand infront of them. Waiting for the police to speak.

Krystal bring the speaker on and close to .

"We're going to release the prisoners once you gave our citizens" Chang Wook chuckles.

"You know that's not how things work around here, detective. Bring me Kim Rowon and I'll release these girls one by one" 

Krystal clench her fist. Getting unpatient with the situation. 

No. She won't do that. 

"How about this. We will release Kim Rowon and you release them too. All together" 

It takes time for Chang Wook to answer.

Probably wondering what the police are planning.

But nevertheless, the faster this done, the faster he will go. 

After all, he didn't need to worry about gun fight. He have his men all around this place. 

But what he also didn't know what inside Krystal mind. He didn't know the secret behind Krystal plan. 

Surely he will be surprise.

At the end, Chang Wook nodded.

"Okay. But make sure your men put down their guns or I will make sure one of them gets hurt" 

"It will only fair if your men do the same!" said Krystal not wanting to lose. 

Chang Wook scouf and signal his men to put down their guns. 

Once Krystal is sure that Chang Wook stick to his word, she signal her men to bring Kim Rowon out. 

From a van, Kim Rowon got out with her hand still cuff behind his back and still wearing the prisoner outfit. Black and white stripes.

Slowly, Kim Rowon walking towards Krystal with two men behind him, guarding him. 

When Kim Rowon is on sight, Chang Wook send signal to his men to bring the three girls out. 

For the time being, everything seems to be okay. But Krystal don't want to be sure yet. 

Deep inside she's hoping that Amber sees what she can't see through her scope.

Krystal knew Amber is somehwere nearby and keeping her long gun ready to shot Chang Wook anytime she thought he will do something stupid. 

"I will count. On three. One...two...three"

At the same time, Krystal release Kim Rowon. Told him to walk along the empty road.

Making distance between the police and Cahng Wook. 

Chang Wook also did the same thing to the girls.

But before Seulgi could even walk far away from him, he pull her back and gunshot were heard as soon as his hand pulled Seulgi away from Irene and Wendy.

"Seulgi!" said Irene and Wendy at the same time.

Soon the harbor fill with gunshots.

Irene and Wendy get on their knees, feeling afraid with the loud sound from gunshots.

"!" Krystal cursed.

Bending her body down, she run quickly towards Irene and Wendy, pulling them away from the gun fights.

With their mens making shots against Chang Wook men. 

Suddenly she can hear a loud shot from far away.

One man got hit from Chang Wook side and two and three.

With Seulgi standing right infront of him, there is no way Amber can get a clear shot of him.

She groaned in frustration. Trying to adjust her scope to get a proper vision so she can shot Chang Wook.

"Sniper!" said Chang Wook. 

"Irene-sshi! Wendy! Come on!" 

"What about Seulgi? He will kill her!" said Irene.

"There is no time! Come on!"

"No! I won't let him take her again!" said Irene hard headed.

"This is a war zone, Irene-sshi! We need to get you both to the safe place, NOW!" said Krystal. 

On the other side, Seulgi trying to get herself out from Chang Wook grips.

Shaking her body agaisnt the old men.

"Stand still! Or die!" said Chang Wook while pointing his gun on her back.

Her hands are still cuff with ropes and is Irene and Wendy.

Krystal managed to get them inside the van after several arguments during the gun fight.

"Let her go, Chang Wook! Or you won't get Kim Rowon!"

"She still mine! She's my daughter after all. I have right to bring her with me!"

"You son of a !" said Seulgi.

"Shut up!" 

Chang Wook kick Seulgi's knees making her fall down to the ground. 

Wendy and Irene witness everything from inside the van.

And Irene really wanted to go back. Can't seem to sit still and play nice. 

"I had released two of my prisoners! Now you play my game, detective!" 

Still hiding herself behind the car door, she cursed infrustration. 

"Amber please!" said Krystal whispering to herself.

Hoping that Amber will somehow get clear shot to kill Chang Wook.

"Now would you play my game detective?" 

She doesn't have much choice and once she look at Seulgi who are standing infront of Chang Wook, making her as his shield, she gulp in nervous.

What else she can do now?

She trust Amber to do her job properly. And the only way to do that is to help her a clear shot for her to shot Chang Wook. 

Krysal can see Seulgi shaking her head from far. Signaling her to do what is right.

She knew Seulgi will do anything to capture Chang Wook. And if it mean she need to get hurt, she willing to do so. 

Both Krystal and Seulgi stare at each other trying to talk through their eyes. 

Krystal have plan in her mind and Seulgi can see it. Seulgi can see the way Krystal looking at her asking for a permission from her. 

Deep down Seulgi knew Krystal have plan in her mind and she realize there is a sniper on the police side. Right now the sniper can't get a clear shot because she's covering Chang Wook. 

Like a telephaty, she understood what Krystal going to do. 

And so she nodded slightly. 

From where she is standing, she can seeSeulgi nodding and Krystal did the same. 

She dialed the number on her phone, calling Amber. 

"I can't get a clear shot!" said Amber.

"I know. Now listen to me. Do you remember the trick we used in the past?" 

It took second for Amber to answer.

"You want me to distract him?" 

"Yes"

"Soojung-ah. Are you sure you can pull the trigger?" 

Krystal bite her lower lips, memories flashing back to the past. She still remember exactly what happened that day. The memories she can'tget rid of and still feeling the guilt in her heart.

It's a traumatic event Krystal wish she could get rid off. The event she struggle the most during those years full of anxiety and panic attack. 

But she managed to get healed and clearly there is life at risk right now. She can't let her anxiety wins against her. 

With her palms clenching so hard, she sigh. 

"I will"

"Soojung-ah"

"Trust me, Amber" 

A bit hesitated but at the end, Amber nodded and answer,

"Okay" 

"Make sure Kim Rowon didn't get into their hands" 

"I will" 

Krystal ended the call and glance back to Seulgi and Chang Wook. 

Alright. Here we go.

She signal hermen to release Kim Rowon once again. Letting him walk freely towards Chang Wook side. 

Guns still poiting at Kim Rowon.

Like a telephaty between Amber and Krystal,

Both of them counting Kim Rowon steps at the exact same time. 

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

Gunshot were heard and it hit Seulgi's arm. Making the girl fall to the ground due to the sudden impact on her arms.

Krystal was ready to shoot Chang Wook when she get the clear shot.

Chang Wook was surprise with the sudden shot. Was ready to shot Krystal but before he could do that, a head shot was given to him ASAP.

No. It's not Krystal. It was someone else. Someone way faster than her and won't ever let anybody lays their hands on Krystal. 

She can't lie to the person who once was her girlfriend. Her hands were trembling as she tried to locked her target to Chang Wook. Because the memories still triggering her even after all this time.

And Amber knew that more than herself.

When Chang Wook fell down to the ground unconcious, Krystal didn't realized she was holding her breathe. After she realized the whole situation, she told her men to check the situation. 

While Krystal trying to catch breathe, from the can, Irene ran towards Seulgi who are lying on the ground with fresh blood coming out from her right arm. 

"Seulgi!" 

But the monolid girl is unconcious and Irene is shaking her body so hard. 

Krystal came in rushing towards the two girls and instructed the medical team to come. 

It didn't took second for Irene to lay her hands on Krystal. Gripping her shirt and glare at the detective with her eyes teary.

"Why did you shot her?! She's hurting enough!" 

"That was the only way for my friend to get a clear shot! Seulgi agreed with the condition!" 

And Irene broke down into tears because what she saw really nerve wrecking.

Her heart were beating so fast, her body trembling so hard, getting so anxious and worried at the same.

The whole scene is too hard for her to bear and soon she went unconcious. Can't seem to bear all the nerve wrecking and intense situation.