Rome

Knocked Out

"Yes, mom. I will. Yeah. I promise to visit you once I get back, okay? Alright. Stay safe mom" 

Distant chatter of people talking inside the big airport of Incheon Airport, aren't really matter to Irene. She still can hear her mom talking through the phone call clearly. 

Meanwhile, she's waiting in the lounge, Seulgi went to the pantry to get some food for them while waiting for the plane. Of course when Irene realized Seulgi is in the pantry, she walk to the girl. 

Helping the one hand girl to get the foods to their table safely. 

Seulgi chuckles the moment Irene went to the pantry and took the plate she was carrying back to their table. Not wanting anything bad happen to the food, of course! 

Seulgi took croissants with butter, mushroom soups, and two glasses of water for them. 

Their table is just right beside the wide glass window. They can see planes outside their window, parking in the apron. Some of the ground employees are making sure that every baggages are put inside the right planes.

While the pilot keep them busy inside the cockpit before one of them get out from the cockpit to take a look at the body planes. Checking around if the plane is in good shape to travel. 

With the busy views besides them, it's beautiful. Just to know that they are going to Rome...only the two of them. 

Irene really excited to go to Rome and Seulgi was glad to hear that. Why Rome though? 

Paris....too many people been there.

German? Too Nazis(Just kidding) 

Well, Seulgi wanted something different. Maybe going to Rome will be a great idea. After all there is a lot of things they can do there. Also it's kind of a romantic place too. 

A side from Paris a the City of Love, Rome is beautiful too. They have amazing architecture that Seulgi had always adore. Maybe the reason why she cose Rome is that she want Irene to experience the beautiful architecture with her. Just...maybe.

No need to think about that. What matter is that Irene love it. 

"So what's the first thing we're going to do there?" Irene asked excitedly while munching the croissant in .

"Well, the first thing we will do is...rest" 

"What?" 

Seulgi smile. "Once we get there, it's midnight. So we should go to the hotel right away and rest. No store is open at that time" 

Joohyun pouted but managed to nodded.

They continue to eat until they have to finish eating because it's time to board the plane. 

Seulgi bought two tickets of first class. Because she want to make sure that Irene get a nice sleep and she want to make sure that Irene is comfortable during the flight. 

And so the 15 hours flight goes on with the both of them sleeping inside the first class cabin.

~~~ 

"Here is the key to your hotel room. Is there anything else I can help you with?" ask the lady behind the front desk with a friendly smile.

"I think that's all. Thank you" said Seulgi with her lovely smile.

While Seulgi busy taking care the check in, Irene got herself sitting on the lobby chair, waiting for Seulgi to finish. 

The 15 hours flight is really annoying yet comfortable. She slept during the flight but once she wokes up she still sleepy. Her eyes barely open. While Seulgi already have her eyes wide open the moment the plane landed in Rome.

She's very excited and full spirit like a child. Can't help how happy she is to finally arrived in Rome.

A place she really adore. 

Seeing how Irene really sleepy, even took a quick nap on their way to the hotel, Seulgi can't help but to smile seeing the cute bunny. 

Seulgi walk to the sleepy bunny and kiss the crown of Irene's head. 

"Come on, babe. You need to rest" Irene hummed as she follow where Seulgi leading her to. 

Seulgi had asked for the room service to help them with their luggages. So that she can wrapped her hand around Irene's shoulder perfectly.

Also their luggages quiet heavy considering they will stay here for a week straight. 

They walk to the elevator and went up to the 9 floor.

Their room is not far from where the elevator are. 

Once they get inside the room, Irene threw herself to the bed didn't even think of cleaning herself before sleeping.

Seulgi just smile as she look around the room. The bathroom have bathtub, floor in marmer, yellow light shining through the beautiful bathroom, also never forget how the beautiful view of the city can be seen from the wide window glasses right beside the bed. 

Everything look beautiful. Like a typical five stars hotel which is the hotel they are currently sleep in. 

So yeah. Shame Irene didn't get to see around the room in the first night. Well, the bunny is too tired and Seulgi didn't dare to wake her up.

And so the night went by with Seulgi and Irene sleeping on the bed comfortably.

~~~

The sun light rays through the window inside the hotel room. Making the room brigther than it was during the night. While the girl still with her yesterday outfit, remain on the bed still with her eyes close. 

Birds chirping outside making her can't hide feeling so happy and calm. Never felt this way before since she barely recognize her surrounding. As much as she want to stay in bed, sleeping, she just can't.

Knowing a hand wrapping her waist tightly and wet kissed all over her faces, she can't help but to form a smile on her face. She know who it was and she really love the way those kissed landed on her face.

"Wake up, Joohyun" said Seulgi with her husky voice. Seems like she just woke up too. 

"Umm...I'm awake"

"Jetlag?" Irene nodded slightly. 

Seulgi position herself to sit on the bed, leaning her back to the top bed frame. Facing Irene who hug her with both hands wrapping around Seulgi's waist. Buried her head on Seulgi's stomach.

Irene look so cute like this. Wish to see this a little longer but aparently they can't. Seulgi have plan something for today and they really need to wake up now.

"We need to get up now"

"Are we going somewhere?" 

"Yes" 

"5 minutes?" Seulgi chuckles as she pinched Irene's cheeks and the girl groaned in pain.

"Come on, lazy head. I thought a law student like you is very diligent" Irene rolled her eyes as she try to get up from the bed and went to the bathroom.

Seulgi chuckles. 

While waiting for Irene, she went to the balcony of their room and she can feel the fresh air in the morning. 

Feeling all the weight being lifted from her shoulders after a long journey.

Finally. After years, she can feel what it feels like to be free. To finally let go of the string attached to her all those years. 

To finally be here, in Rome, with Joohyun. 

Never thought she will come here with someone she love. She always thought she will come here with Wendy or Sunmi. Or maybe Yeri...no. She's a burden. No. Definetly not Yeri.

The thought about bringing Joohyun here felt like a dream come true. 

A girl who once she pushes away. Not wanting the girl to know her secrets and mostly to let herself fall inlove with the law student.

No. She can't. More like she don't believe in love. Why? Ever since she were little, she never felt that kind of feeling. Her mother passed away too soon and her step father...no need to explain about him.

Love is a rare feeling and when she met Joohyun, there is always this tingling feeling in her stomach. Curiousity of why she feeling that kind of motion in her stomach made her wanting to know more about Joohyun.

Also the way Irene always blabbering and how clumsy she is, Seulgi always find her cute. 

Everything about Irene really addicting for her. She want to see her everyday, want to talk to her. But at the same time she can't do that during that time. 

She wanted to protect Irene from her life. From her cruel life. But love blinded people. Making them so stupid just to be with their love ones.

That's exactly what Irene did to Seulgi. She care for her. Irene care for her. Irene afraid anything bad happen to her. Irene want to stay by her side. Protecting Seulgi with her small body. Despite knowing Seulgi able to defense herself, she still want to protect her. 

Irene...is not protecting her physically. But mentally. She help Seulgi going through her pain, her bad past. Seulgi cannot be anymore grateful to have Irene by her side.

She may not be good with words, but she's very good with action. 

And that's exactly what she will do in Rome.

Something special...for Joohyun. 

When she busy looking at the view from the balcony, suddenly she felt hands wrapping around her stomach perfectly. The smell of lavender...just so addicting.

Wish she can grab the law student back to the bed but what Seulgi really good at is holding herself. 

Yes. She's holding herself from wanting to Irene on the bed now. Because they need to go somewhere.

"Your shoulder look so broad and...they pulling me to hug you" said Irene. 

"I exercise a lot you know" 

"I know" said Irene.

Seulgi can sense there is a slight disappointed in those two words. But she decided not to talk about it. 

She turn her body around, facing Irene who is just shorter than her for like...3 centimeters.

Her hand caress Irene's hair, tucked them behind Irene's ear and smile. 

How lucky she is to have Irene in her life. 

"I'll wash first then we go" Irene nodded cutely and therefore Seulgi kiss her lips briefly and walk to the bathroom. 

 

 

Sorry for the short chapter. I've been busy this week. I'm sorry for the long update. Because I don't want to make my readers waiting for me for too long, I'm making this super late updates and super short story. I'll promise I make a long one later. This is a short preview for what they are going to do next. Sure you guys know what Seulgi will do next. I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting. Also this chapter is super lame. Sorry to disappoint you guys. I've been busy so....please understand and don't worry I will update asap. Probably by the end of this week.