New Case

Knocked Out

Maybe the reason why Irene didn't let Seulgi know about her mental state is that she don't want to worry her. Maybe she doesn't want to burden Seulgi another weight on her shoulders. Maybe perhaps she want to let Seulgi know that she's alright even after a traumatic event.

Perhaps those are the reason. Yeah. Jennie knows Irene really well that she can read her like an open book. Should she understand her? Well we're talking about mental health. 

It could effect many things in the future. Taking sleeping pills will never be good for health. She need to do something. No. Jennie promise to herself that she let Irene free. No more being the demanding sister. 

But she can't help herself feeling so worried about Irene. She want to do something but she can't.

.

"Thank you for the inviting us, Jen. We really had a great time" said Wendy waking her up from her thought. 

"Oh, yeah. Sure. Anytime" said Jennie.

"Jen, we're going now. See you tomorrow" said Irene who already standing by the front door.

Hand holding Seulgi's perfectly with a smile on her face. 

She look damn happy but she's hiding something from Seulgi.

"See you tomorrow, Irene! Bye Seul! Bye Wen!" said Jisoo who came to her side and wrapped her arm around Jennie's shoulder. 

"Bye" said Jennie shortly. 

She want to talk with Irene badly. But she can't. She know Irene won't talk about it again. Even if she insisted to. 

At the end she let out a sigh and walk to her bedroom. Didn't even mind to wait for Jisoo who look absolutely confuse at her behavior. She follow Jennie to their bedroom.

The brunnette girl lie down in bed, staring at the empty ceiling. Thinking about Irene.

Well, everyone probably traumatize but she know thar Irene is more traumatic than anyone else. Maybe Seulgi is use to the adrenaline but not Irene. She never been in that kind of situation. 

She must be in shock and Jennie blame herself for not realizing it. For being fooled by Irene's acting. 

How can she keep those smile on her face while she's hurting inside for one year? She kept it all to herself all this year. 

Jennie who busy with her thought didn't realize Jisoo had crawled to the bed and currently staring at her. Watching her from the side.

"Penny for your thought?" Jisoo asked. 

As much as Jennie want to keep it a secret, she can't hide her thought from Jisoo and her girlfriend always makes her feel calm in someway she could never understand how. 

And that night goes by with Jennie telling Jisoo about what happened with Irene before both of them drifted to sleep both girls facing each other.

~~~

"Good morning" 

Those husky voice has always been a music in Irene ears. Somehow it always lifted her mood for the entire day. 

"Good morning" said Irene turning her head around to capture Seulgi's lips.

Currently she is preparing breakfast for the both of them. Just a simple breakfast to start the day. Sandwhichs and she also pack Seulgi for lunch. 

Kimbab which she already prepare the ingredients last night. 

"Is this for me?" said Seulgi refering to the lunch box.

"Yes. I thought that you may not be able to grab healthy lunch, so I prepare you those yummy kimbab" 

The bear can't help but to form a smile on her face and she peck her girlfriend cheek.

"I got a really thoughtful girlfriend"

"Be grateful for that" 

"I am" 

Once Irene is finish cutting the sandwhiches, she brought them to the dining table where Seulgi already sit across the table. Irene sitting infront of her smiling.

It is their morning routine to have breakfast together and they promise to never miss breakfast or dinner. 

Those time is their only quality time during the weekdays because both of them are two busy people. 

Irene busy with her cases and Seulgi is busy with her dance performance.

Today Irene will receive another new case which she really anticipate it. For a year she already try lot of interesting cases. Starting from small cases such as divorce, child custody, traffic light tickets, and other things. 

But she never recieve anything about murder cases. 

Maybe she will never take it. But it's kinda interesting. 

Again. She don't know if she can take it or not. Why?

She seems to still traumatize by last year event. You know some traumatic events takes long time to fully heal from it.

The sleeping pills she took every night is her meds. They help her to get sleep. Even sometimes she have those nightmares of Seulgi killed and sometimes the image of Chang Wook came across her dream, somehow those pills manage to make her still fall asleep. 

Even though once she wakes up she still crying silently. Not wanting Seulgi to notice her fragile state. 

Why she do that?

She saw how happy Seulgi is. Finally gain her freedom after several years. She can't let Seulgi happiness ruin because of her. 

That's why what she need to do is to endure everything to herself and for the past one year, everything seems to be alright. 

She manage to take care of her sleeping problem. So she has nothing to worried about...for now. 

"What time are you coming home tonight?" Irene asked.

"Probably around eight? You don't have to wait for me. I'm sorry I can't have dinner with you today"

"It's alright. We still have other days for it. Just make sure to eat my lunch. Send me picture for prove" Seulgi chuckles. 

"A law student can't never stop from wanting evidences" said Seulgi. 

"Of course. That's how law works you know"

Seulgi smile. She look at the clock and it's time for her to go to the agency. She need to practice before heading to the avenue.

"I'm going to be late. Don't wait for me if you're tired. Thank you for the breakfast. I love you" said Seulgi didn't forget to kiss Irene's crown before leaving.

"Be careful!" 

"I will!" 

It make Irene form a smile on her face as she went to the kitchen to clean the plates.

 

Driving to her law firm has always been exciting. This is her dream job. Working in a law firm, dealing with new cases that you could never predict what will happen during the process.

Many family drama, couples drama, court drama(note: always try to never make a drama in the court). 

She love every single of it. 

It's interesting how she need to deal different persons with different personality. 

On how she need to handle them with good structure of words to make sure there is no misunderstanding. 

Then how she need to be so details in every single cases because if she wnat to win in the court, she need to see every single angle of the case. 

Make sure you don't get a lying client because you don't want to embarass yourself in the court.

Takes about an hour drive to her law firm and soon she arrived there, she can see Jennie's car already parked there.

Probably the rest of her friends already inside. Busy with their cases. 

She get out from her car once she parked and then walk inside her law firm.

"Good morning, Miss Bae" said her secretary. You can call her Yeji. 

"Morning, Yeji"

"Here is your coffee, Miss Bae"

"Ah, thank you. Oh I heard there is a new case for me?" 

"Yes. The case file is on your office desk"

"Alright. Thank you again for the coffee, Yeji" 

She was about to go to her office when suddenly Jennie call her. 

"Irene"

Dressing with her usual fashion, black and white, long white sleeve t-shirt and a pair of back loose pants, Jennie look stunning as ever. 

Irene always notice that Jennie have a really good sense of fashion. 

And Jennie is not here to bragging about her fashion but something else

Of course to continue their conversation back in her house which were put on hold because of Seulgi interuption.

She know she can't get away from Jennie even if she want to. 

~~~

"Aren't you going to talk to me about it?" 

"I know I could never walk away from you about this" 

"Of course you can't! Do you know how desperate I am last night? Thinking about you?"

"Jennie. I can take care of myself. You siaad it yourself before that you're letting me free now"

"I am! But at least you told me about this!"

"I don't want to!"

"If you can't tell Seulgi then at least tell me!"

"I can't have you or Seulgi or anyone else worried about me, okay?! I don't want that! You guys had enough to take care of"

Jennie sigh. She knows exactly Irene's personalities. 

"I understand you. Yes it's true I told you that I'm letting you free but at least find he-"

"I promise I will go to psychiatrist if that's what you want me to do" said Irene cutting off Jennie.

Yes.

That's exactly what Jennie wants. Irene is not sick...she just go there to seek for herlp. If her friends can't help than mabe psychiatrists can. They know better about this more than normal human.

But Jennie wish Irene would tell her about this earlier. She wish she notice her best friend struggle earlier but sometimes the girl is so good at hiding her feeling, her struggle. Maybe Jennie wasn't paying attention too much.

Maybe she's too busy with Jisoo since she promise to be a better girlfriend. Maybe she's too busy with her work. Maybe she didn't care about Irene at all. 

All those maybe seems won't find its end. 

And Irene notice the way Jennie is acting right now. From the way she wrinkles her forehead and her eyes getting teary. Irene doesn't like it when Jennie blame everything that happened to her to herself. None of this is her fault.

It just, Irene realize there is so many people care for her and if anything bad happen to her, she knows the whole world will do anything for her. Says she's being overeacting but that's the truth. Especially if Seulgi knows.

What will happen to the broken Kang Seulgi if she knows Irene went into trauma after the tragic event? Irene knows Seulgi will blame herself for making Irene like this. Who knows probably the bear will leave her once she knows about it.

And Irene can't stand a minute away from Seulgi. Well, working is conditional. 

Maybe Irene thought about Seulgi too much that she didn't think what Jennie will feel about this. She's being selfish for not caring about Jennie's feeling. They have been together as sister for so long.

They sisterly bond is strong and Irene realize that. 

Maybe that's probably the reason why Irene never thought about Jennie's feeling if she knows about this. 

Ever since Jennie told her that she will finally gain her freedom, Irene tries to loosen up those string which attached to both of them. Irene wanted the same thing to Jennie. Free from her. 

Because even though Jennie had told her she is free now, deep inside Irene knows Jennie could never do that. That's why Irene tried to loosen the string between the. To finally let Jennie free from her. Let go of those weight from her shoulder. Letting go all the feeling of being responsible of Irene. 

Seeing Jennie almost cry, she bring her hands to Jennie, pulling her closer into a hug and patted her back. 

"I promise I will go. You don't need to worry about me and I wish you won't tell Seulgi about this. I'm scared of what she will do if she knows about my condition and I'm sorry for making you worried about me"

~~~

"Okay that's it! We will have a break for lunch before we head to the avenue" said the dance instructure.

Seulgi who are drained with sweat, quickly went to her bag and grabbed a towel. 

They have been practing for 2 hours straight since it's the same choreography. But they need to pay attention to every details of the dance movement. That's why it took long for them to practice.

Overall, everything went smooth and better than Seulgi had thought. 

As she sitting on the side of the practice room, she grabbed the lunch box Irene had prepared this morning. Smiling as she open the lunch box and she can imagine what will the taste be like. 

Everything that served by Irene has always been good since the frist place.

Seulgi really get a good girlfriend. 

"Hey, Seul" 

She look up meeting eyes and eyes with a certain person she knows.

"Oh, Chung Ah wae?"

"We're going to eat lunch together in canteen. Are you coming?" 

"No thanks. I got myself lunch box"

"Wuoh...who was it from?" 

Seulgi just chuckles. Chose to smile instead of answering and Chung Ah seems to notice and she nodded in understand. 

Once all the dancers went out from the room, she was about to grabbed one of the kimbab but stop. She remember the lawyer want her to send evidence that she's eating the kimbab.

She chuckles and takes out her phone, capture a picture of her eating the kimbab and send it to Irene.

I eat it well. Thank you for the lunch box, babe. Don't forget to eat lunch too and see you soon. Miss you

*Imagining if Seulgi really said that to me in a video call event which I didn't get the chance for it. Day dreaming is healthy guys.

~~~

Ding!

She just arrived at her office when she got the message.

After dealing with Jennie, she need to attend a sudden meeting. Jennie was there too. Apparently they will be having a seminar next week. To develop their skills as a lawyer. 

Right now once she finally inside her peronal space, she got a message from her girlfriend. 

Cute picture of her eating the kimbab she prepared this morning and never forget how Seulgi always leave a caring message down below. She form a smile on her face and answer Seulgi's message. 

I won't forget. I miss you too, babe. Have fun with the performance later and come home safely. 

It didn't took a minute for Seulgi to reply.

I will

Irene smile before focusing herself to the file on her desk.

There are still some paper she need to finish for her previous case but it can wait later.

She is damn curious of what will her new case be. But the moment she open the brown file, written classified with red ink.

The moment she open the first page, a picture of a girl. She's pretty with her white porceline skin, beautiful double eyelid, and overall she look innocent. But look can always be fake.

Then she learn her client name is Solar. 

She move to the next page only to get terrified with bunch of pictures, full of blood straiined on the wall, on the floor, everywhere inside the bedroom.

Is this a murder case? Wait. She's not a defense attorney! Certainly she didn't sign up for this kind of case. Her secretary must have put a wrong file. 

Her scream were loud enough to be heard by her secretary who happened to burst inside her office without knocking. Scared if anything bad happened to her boss.

"What happened, Miss Bae?" 

Irene who is running out of breathe try to calm herself even though she still scared and probably will fall unconcious anytime soon. Flashback of the event from last year came through her mind.

Blinding her from the reality world. Gushot were heard, making her scream in terrified. Yeji was about to go near Irene but the lawyer get off from her chair and fall down to the floor with both hands covering her ears. 

Screaming for help and Seulgi's name came out from . Yelling for help and beg. Begging for Seulgi life. 

"Irene!" 

Jennie came rushing to her office once she heard Irene's screamed. You know how loud Irene scream is right?

She go near Irene, hugging her and buried Irene's head on her chest. Tryiing to comfort Irene. 

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm here, Irene. I'm here" 

And with the evidence right infront of Jennie, she is sure Irene never been alright for the past one year and she need to seek for help as soon as possible. 

 

 

I'm not majoring in law so let's just use our imagination for the story okay? Anyone who are majoring in Law, spare my life. I am blind with laws. But maybe I will add some words that are use in certain situation in court and what lawyer always say. Hope you guys understand. And you guys should probably realize by now that for the second part of the story I'm focusing on Irene's perspective since the first part I focused more on Seulgi. Okay. Hope you guys like it and I can't wait for the roller coaster! Bye!