Never give up

Knocked Out

Joohyun POV

Wouldn't have thought that gardening will be hard. Never expected it to be. But here I am together with Jisoo and Jennie at the backyard of Jennie's house. 

It was Jennie crazy idea. Maybe she was trying to entertain me and distract after what happened last night. In the morning, I apologized to Amber for last night and she wish me to fast recover.

Hopefully....

Never would have thought that the earth would be hard to shovel. I even push myself to my limit to make a small hole. That will be Jennie's flower new house.

I promise not to gardening again with Seulgi. Instead of fun, I rather say it's a disaster.

"No. I'm not doing this again" I said.

"You're no fun, Irene!" said Jisoo.

"What so fun of digging the dirt, making hole and then close it again? This is tiring! I'm out!" 

"Oh come on, Irene" said Jennie begging.

"I will sit here by the terrace. Just finish what ou guys started" I said while walking to the terrace and sit on one of the chair. 

Looking at them from here, I couldn't hold myself from smiling. They look cute together. I wish Seulgi is here to witness this...

No more like I wish Seulgi is here...with me...comfort me. But what am I wishing for? It's been a week since she went missing and I'm starting to give up. I shouldn't be...right?

Seulgi will comeback to me. She promise me and I would like her to keep her promise. I'm here Seulgi-ah. I'm waiting for you. When are you coming home?

I hope she realized that I'm waiting for her here and would do anything she could to get herself back to me. I miss you so much Kang Seulgi. Comeback to me and be happy.

I miss being hug by you. I miss your warm. I miss your cheesy thought. I miss dancing with you. 

Suddenly all the memories I made with her play again in my head like a video. Even we've been together for a year, we have made lot of memories together. She would be the person who make me laugh and smile all the time.

And now, I'm back being a lonely girl who is waiting for her girlfriend to be back. The differences between last year event was I know she will be okay and comeback to me.

Now...with all the uncertainty...I keep on doubting. This is wrong. Doubting. It's wrong. I shouldn't be doubting her. She will come home. She will. I know she will.

"Hey, Irene" I woke up from my mind only to get called by Amber.

"Hey"

"Can I sit here?" I nodded and she took the chair beside my left.

I let out a deep sigh as I took a cup of tea I made awhile ago. Take a sip before taking my eyes back to my best friends. It's Saturday and they don't come to work.

Lisa and Rose are coming for dinner tonight. Jennie asked me if I want to cook later and I nodded. Jisoo and Jennie will help me with the groceries later. I'll probably be cooking simple pasta and Korean stew. 

"May I suggest something personal to you, Irene?" said Amber all of a sudden.

"Go on" I said as I don't really care what she will say. My mind are so busy with Seulgi.

"Krystal have PTSD...just like you" That catches my attention.

"Let's say...she almost went crazy because of me. But then she went to the psychiatry. I heard you went but haven't do follow up after that. I don't know what it feels like at first but Krystal told me it was scary. For first timer because you need to open yourself to someone who is completely a stranger to you. But it did help. Krystal is better now. She can handle and control herself after awhile going to the psychiatry. I'm not pushing you if you don't want to go. But I just suggest its best if you talk to someone. It'll help. Not now but later" said Amber.

I heard many people say about that. No. I wasn't scared. Not at all. I was just...waiting. I'm waiting for Seulgi. I just....I feel bad if I'm trying to heal myself but at the same time Seulgi is in trouble...I can't stand it.

I feel bad that I'm thinking about myself rather than her. That's why I'm holding back. Waiting for Seulgi to finally back and probably won't need to go to the psychiatrist anymore.

Seulgi will help me....right? Or I sound a little more selfish...I don't know anymore. 

"This is my side! That one is yours! Don't take my side!" I suddenly heard little argument from the Kim couple.

"Ya! Aren't we share this whole garden together?" asked Jisoo.

"No! Look the mess you make! Look at mine! It's beautiful! Now stay away from mine!" said Jennie.

~~~

Third POV

"If anyone have any update, please say it now! I want good news" 

The bureu situation never been better after Amber left. It got a lot worse actually. Krystal demand every employees to stay up and no rest though sometimes they would rest a little bit.

Yes it's exhausting but this is a matter of human life. Seulgi's life is on Krystal hands and if she fail, she can't forgive herself. Not when she promise someone she will bring the girl back. 

Since the main room kind a messy, Krystal decided to go back to her room and relax for a littl ebit. Even when she sit on her chair, her mind still running around to where Seulgi could be. 

She need another hint. A hint that would eventually give her some sort of light and hope. 

Like her prayer is being heard, someone knocked on her door.

"Come in"

A petite little girl who works for her, name Dahyun. 

"What is it, Dahyun?" 

"We found a suspicious black van near the countryside" 

"Did you get the plate number?"

"Sadly no. But we manage to get the location" 

Finally, a little hope.

"Gather the team" 

"Yes!"

20 minutes of driving, Krystal and her team finally arrive in the village. But they have no idea which house that had been occupied by Seulgi. Krystal told her team to ask around the neighborhood.

She also help and while she was helping she can hear a familiar voice near her and a smile being form on her face. Amber is back. She always glad when Amber is around her.

Her shift is over and Amber would go back at night. Now they are together, Krystal doesn't need to worry about her team safety. Everything will be alright when there is Amber around.

She know a battle field when she got into one and if she's being gentle and soft it mean the field is safe. Amber probably had scope around the village and make sure nothing suspicious around. That's the reason why Krystal glad Amber is here.

"Found anything, yet?" asked Amber.

"So far no. But coming here is a sign of improvement" said Krystal and Amber agreed.

"Krystal-sshi! We found the house"

Her employees lead her to this certain old countryside house. It look quiet damage with the front door being open. Once they got themselve inside the house, they could see lots of dead body. Including a woman dead body. 

Krystal feel the air inside her lung out once she saw that particular dead body. The dead body was lying with her chest on the ground and head facing the other side. 

She hope her thought is wrong. 

"We confirm the dead bodies. This woman here is Hani. The grand daughter of Choi Jun Myung who hold the biggest drug empire in the black market" 

Suddenly she could feel the air coming back to her lungs. Filling the empty lungs and finally she could breathe properly. Amber who realize that gave her a little patt on the back. Assuring her everything is okay.

"Have you check what happened to this place?" 

"We are trying the best we could, Krystal-sshi. But based on what the neighbor heard, this place is known as the death place. People come here betting on someone for a fight with his grand daughter. Whoever beat her get what they want." 

"Looks like Chanyeol got what he wants" said Amber.

"Seulgi helped him" Krystal added.

"Fighting for her life to live. We need to find her quickly, Krys!"

"Seulgi left hint before. Make sure you search every corner of this place" Krystal order to her employees and they nodded.

"She must left a hint, Amber"

"I'll look for it" 

~~~

We told you before right? About Seulgi being too old for a fight? Not old actually. She was not adjusting pretty well in the first round. Making her bleeding to death.

She have to admit, Hani is a lot stronger than before. But she knew she can win. She has to. To live. And that probably the reason why she survive and get a hold of herself in the ring of death.

All of a sudden Irene's face appear infront of her. Giving her courage and hope that she will be back home. Because the Daegu girl miss her so much just like how she miss her too.

Maybe that's when she finally gain her power back. Her technics and here she is. The famous Kang Seulgi. The Kang Seulgi everybody know is capable of fighting someone even kill someone with bare hands.

But she was too caught up with emotion. Sometimes she lost her focus and that's when Hani get the chance to almost kill her. She could feel her ribs broken, her knuckles feel too numb to feel anything.

Didn't even care how many punches she give to kill Hani at the end. An action she never thought she will do. It was because of Chanyeol. In the middle of rest between round two going to round three, Chanyeol asked her to kill her. 

Or he will kill Irene instead and let her die here alone. With failure.

That's why she kill Hani. To survive...for her...and more importantly for Irene. The clean hands she used to have for a year finally get them dirty again. Just like how those years in the past did to her.

After the fight, she didn't know what happened because she was too exhausted. She passed out as soon as Hani was killed and all she heard for the last time was the old man screaming to kill Seulgi and Chanyeol.

But Seulgi didn't care at all. She want to sleep. Rest. Because it was too tiring and exhausting for her.

Before she knew, she wake up the next day back to the dimp, small room. Unlike the other day, she couldn't move her body. Chanyeol is annoying yes. 

And he really want Seulgi to die instantly. But apparently Seulgi have nine life as she survive from her broken ribs, losing too much blood, swollen eyes, wounds all over her face and hands, also her weak legs.

She still alive. But barely could even walk.

"The killer finally awake! You should be thankful I let you rest after the long fight. I help you finished everything you started yesterday" said Chanyeol.

But Seulgi was too weak to talk. Her eyes barely open but she could Chanyeol standing infront of her and kneeling to her level. Even taking a peak to her face with that annoying smile of him.

Seulgi wanted to kill him right now. But...she lost all her power. 

"You know Seulgi? You are very useful for me. Thank you for your sacrifice and tomorrow will be your graduation! I'll make sure to make it very memorable for you and your girlfriend!"

Once she heard the word girlfriend, Seulgi gather all her power only for a result of,

"N-no"

Just that one word.

"What? I can't hear you? What she said Jessi?"

"Probably happy and show us her gratitude?" 

, thought Seulgi.

"What a touching moment! I should be the one to say that! Anyway, we got everything prepare for tomorrow. So might as well dress up! See you tomorrow Kang Seulgi. Because of you, I finally owned what belongs to me" said Chanyeol before he finally gone from her sight.

Seulgi was too tired to think and to stay awake. Seems like she lost all her power to wake up because after Chanyeol left, she drive back to dreamland with one last word,

"Irene"

Unfortunately, the thought about Seulgi leaving her another hint is just a false hope. Sadly, Seulgi didn't left anything for them but Krystal is sure Seulgi was here.

With the CCTV they had proof of Seulgi's appearance in this house and she looked very messy. Krystal and Amber knew, Seulgi is in big trouble. They need to find her right away.

Once they are back to the bureu, they keep on busy on gettng the red line and connect all the dots(information) they got. Only to be surprise with the end of their final research.

Chanyeol got his diamond. A proof that contain the information of the drug empire in the black market. All of its strategy, their main clients, and where they hide their drugs. Now Chanyeol finally have his victory, she become the king of the biggest drug dealer in the black market.

He finally achieve his dream. 

With the help from Kang Seulgi. Why Seulgi? First, he want revenge on her. Second, she knows where the diamonds being kept. Third she is so powerful and very powerful than Jessi. She's the only person who could kill Hani.

Chanyeol got what he wants and end all of Choi's family and guards. 

Seulgi was left with nothing but her only life. They knew by then, Chanyeol will kill Seulgi. Because he has got what he wants and he doesn't need Seulgi anymore.

But the question is, where the hell Chanyeol brought her? Where is Seulgi now? 

"Krystal-sshi. We found something after we search again around the house. It appears someone left this behind" 

Krystal took the picture handed by her employees and she smile happily. She couldn't believe that girl managed to remember the plate number. See...Krystal isn't hoping. Krystal knew Seulgi would help her out in every way she could.

It was a picture of numbers written on one of the jars which Krystal remember are put in order right behind the house fence. It was written in complete order of the plate number. Though the numbers aren't quiet readable, but her employees are smart.

They can solve this kind of matter so fast.

"Find the van with this number. Search who own this. I want update fast!"

"Right away, Krystal-sshi" 

Finally, the uncertainty will become clear and hope will soon become real, thought Krystal.