Cold Shower

Knocked Out

Sitting on the couch where usually clients take place is where Irene is sitting right now. Inside Jennie's office, hearing distant chatter of Jennie throwing anger at their boss. She can do that? Yes she can. She's Kim Jennie after all. 

But none of that matter. What matter is how the heck that file ended up on her desk? Yeji couldn't be the one to blame. She was doing her job and after all she isn't allowed to see what's inside the file. So basically she's innocent. 

It took an hour for Irene to finally calm herself. For the past one year, she never experience that. She only experience nightmares which she handle it with sleeping pills. But what happened just now was nothing she can do with sleeping pills. 

"How can a murderer case file was found on her desk? For god sake! We're not a defense attoney of criminal suspect! I want you to find the person who did this to Irene! And I want you to put her on hold from work! Let her take few weeks off to cure herself" said Jennie.

The door to Jennie's office open roughly since the girl is very furious with what just happened. She just threw her anger to their boss, known as Seungri. 

Irene who sitting on the couch didn't even dare to look at Jennie since she knows how scary Jennie is when she's mad. 

The brunnette girl sit right across Irene and sigh. 

"Can't believe he just told me it was a mistake! I suspected someone did this to you intentionally"

"They probably had mixed the file unintensionally, Jen. You know every week there is tons of case files coming to our firm"

"You know they always sort the files according to our main focus. There is no way they mistaken that" 

"What are you implying, Jen?" 

Jennie lean her body forward with her serious face, eyebrows almost touching each other.

"Someone knows about your mental condition" 

Who the hell know about her? For she knows no one knows about her state except Jennie and probably Jisoo since their in relationship. 

"Someone want to play with you" 

"Do you think someone who have revenge on Seulgi?" said Irene. 

Jennie clap her hands. 

That could be one of the possibility out there. 

Both of them can't deny, Seulgi had a lot of enemies when she still in the illegal fight. Not just her father but also her other opponents. 

Maybe they are trying to bring Seulgi down since she's the champion of all.

But why now? 

"Why now?" Irene asked.

"I have no idea"

Jennie pursed her lips. 

"It's just one of the possibility. There is other reason for it" said Irene.

"Maybe. Do you think I should take that case? Incase if our prejudice is true" 

"You think you can handle it?" 

Jennie shrugged, leaned her back to the chair and cross her leg like a boss.

"I have Jisoo. She can help me" 

Right.

"I don't know Jen. You know if you choose to take that case, who knows what will happen? Eventually you will pull danger to you and Jisoo. Probably me and Seulgi too" 

"Hey. I will do anything to get rid of that bastard who want to mess up with my sister. I can bear the danger" 

Still.

Irene think this isn't a good idea. If what they thought is real then what best to do is to avoid it. She doesn't want anything bad to happen again. 

"How about this. I take a look at the case and if I think it's too risky, I won't take it" said Jennie trying to negotiate with Irene. 

Maybe that's a good idea. 

After all, lawyers like them have the right to not take the case if they thought the case is too risky or they already know the clients won't have much chance to win in court. 

"Okay"

~~~

Around of claps and cheers surrounding the small place which is the waiting room of the artist and the back dancers. 

After the performance which was successful, the loud cheer welcome both the artist and the back dancers. Today they did a great job on performing the son and the dance. 

Seulgi who is smiling because she was so happy. Back on the stage, the crowd was cheering so loud for the artist. 

She always love the vibes on stage. The loud cheering, the light, the lightstick from the audience seats.

More importantly, she love to dance.

Dancing with her passion on stage, following the ryhtme of the music. 

"Thank you for all your hard work!" said the artist who is known as Kim Hyoyeon.

Kim Hyoyeon has a very strong vibes on stage. Especially her coold and swag style, makes her look even more cooler. 

Seulgi always love all her music. Also she so kind with the back dancers.

Hyoyeon always comeback with hip hop music and that music is the genre Seulgi likes.

She enjoy dancing with Hyoyeon's music. 

"Hey, Seul. Where are you going after this?" ask Chung Ah.

"I have something to do, actually. Wae?"

"We're going to have dinner together. Looks like you're not coming"

"Sorry. Maybe next time" 

 

After removing her make up and sure that she had put her things in her car, she bid goodbye to her teammates before leaving the venue. 

Today is her last day performing with Hyoyeon-sshi.

Tomorrow she will attend a practice class for another artist project. 

Today performance was finished quiet late than they already schedule. 

Seulgi felt sorry that she have to come home late. Irene probably waiting for her since she know that girl is so stubborn. She already told her she shouldn't wait for her.

After all, it took her about 3 hour driving from the venue to their apartment. 

So probably around 10pm she will finally arrive at the apartment. 

Right now, even after dark Seoul seems can't go to sleep.

Lots of cars in the road. Crowding the large road. 

With music accompany her on the road, she look outside the window car. Admiring the beautiful view of Seoul. 

The tall building brightening the city with their lights. 

She wish Irene could witness this with her. 

So she take out her phone, waiting until she reach the traffic light. 

She stop the car, take out her phone and took the picture of the beautiful view of Seoul.

Send it to Irene with a caption,

Wish you were here with me to witness this beautiful view

Then she put the phone back and focus herself on driving.

When suddenly her phone rings.

And it's none other than her girlfriend.

"Hi babe" said Seulgi.

"Are you on your way back home?" 

"Yeah. Probably three more hours"

"Okay. I'm still at the office actually"

"Oh really? What too you so long at the office?"

"A new case just came this morning and I need to look at it. I'm with Jennie and Jisoo"

"Oh, okay. Should I pick you up?" 

"No. It's okay. Jennie will drive me home. We're about to finish in an hour actually" 

"Okay. Tell Jennie to drive safely"

"I will. You too. Be careful" said Irene.

Which Seulgi realize there is something hiding behind those words. Worried. Yes. Irene is worried about her.

Did something happen? Well usually she would tell her to drive home safely without that concern tone in her words.

Or maybe she was just being over? 

She didn't know actually and decided to shrugged it off. Maybe Irene was just concern since she came home pretty late than usual. 

"I will. See you at home" 

And the call ends. 

Seulgi can't help but to form a smile on her face.

But that smile fade away once she felt a sudden impact from the back of her car.

Someone had bump her car and she hates it.

She love this car.

Who the hell trying to bump her car?

She was about to pull over when the car at the back bump her car again.

Is the driver drunk or what?

She look from the rear mirror but she couldn't see because of the lights shining through her eyes.

. This is not a car accident. 

Someone intended to kill her on this road.

Who the want to kill her? Maybe her old opponents? Maybe one of Chang Wook mens?

She have no idea who it is. 

The faster she can avoid this bastard behind her, the faster she can go back home and rest.

No. She cannot rest knowing someone trying to kill her.

Or maybe kidnap her.

Either the one of it. 

Anyone can kill her. You name it. Inside the ring, or suddenly someone attack her from behind, or someone shot her from somewhere. Anything. But killing her in a car chase is the least way she want to die. 

No. She hate car chase.

But she is good at it. 

In attempt to avoid the car behind her, she speed her car to it limits.

She even avoid the traffic light when it turn red. Going straight right to her destination which is Gangnam. 

The car behind her is a black SUV. Sure they can't chase her with that kind of car. She's riding a BMW 323i sport. Sure they cannot beat her car. But somehow they don't give up.

The black SUV keep on chasing her from behind and Seulgi need to find a way to really avoid them.

And she have a plan for it. 

She maintain her speed to high level. Going to the left where the road is more crowded than the usual road she use. 

Still speeding up, her car overtaking the road. Avoiding every cars in the road and when she see a small road on the right, she go inside the small road. She was quite far from the black SUV and there is no way they able to see where she is.

Because she's hiding in the small road which happen to be a small alley. 

She wait there until she saw the black SUV passing by the alley. 

Finally. She can breathe. 

Who the hell was that? What they want from her anyway? 

For the past one year everything seems alright then why now?

She need to find out who it was. And she have the perfect friend to help her out with this.

But first thing first, she need to get home as soon as possible.

~~~

"Thank you for driving me, Jen" 

"Hey. What about me?" asked Jisoo pouting. 

Irene chuckles.

"You too" Jisoo smile proudly. 

Irene was about to get inside her apartment when Jennie call her. Making her bending down to Jennie's car level.

"Me and Jisoo will follow up the case later. See if we can find something related to you or Seulgi" 

The porceline skin girl nodded.

Back in the office they were talking about every possibilities if they decided to take this case. 

It happened that Solar-sshi was the crime suspect for murdering her roommate. 

They reach to that level and stop. Thinking if their any linkage with Irene and Seulgi. But they don't find anything.

Maybe it wasn't about the case. Maybe it was about who sent the case file.

But, Irene kept it to herself for that thought. She still want to know more about Solar-sshi and so she let the couple do their job on finding Solar background. 

Maybe she are related to the underground fight.

Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't.

And if she wasn't then there is no use for them tot ake the case. 

Then the problem might be the one who sent that file to Irene's office. Telling the law firm this case file is for Irene to handle. 

Once the couple drive away, Irene went inside her apartment.

Turning on the light to the apartment and smile. Finally.

She's home. After a pretty rough day. 

Knowing something that she had kept hidden for the past one year to herself. Not knowing she were capable of loosing sanity just because she saw a picture of blood and a dead body. 

Just picturing it make her body shaking. 

All she want to do right now is cuddling in bed with Seulgi. The love of her life. The only person who can asure her that everything will be alright. 

Before going to bed, she decided to take a quick shower. Not knowing a car had arrived downstairs. 

 

Opening the door to her apartment, she saw a pair of shoes. Of course it belongs to her girlfriend. She smile knowing her girlfriend already at home. 

As usual she went to the kitchen, searching for cold water before heading to their bedroom. 

Which is right at the end of the corridor. 

"Irene?"

But no answer. 

Seulgi was about to call her girlfriend name again when she heard water running from the bathroom.

She smile.

Irene must be inside the bathroom. Maybe she just got home.

Without waiting again, she take off her shirt. showing her angry abs and the wounds and scars which are already healed.

Even though they had healed, it will always remain there. With memories only Seulgi know.

She open the door to the bathroom, seeing the shadow of Irene right behind the curtain. 

"Irene?" 

"Seulgi?" 

Irene open the curtain only to be surprise seeing Seulgi only with her bra and her pant. 

Meanwhile Seulgi can't help to smirk, realizing Irene just show her whole body to her. It's not like she hadn't seen it. It just, after all the car chasing and the performance, all she want to do is making love with Irene. 

Cuddling with her in the bed and right now, Irene is giving more than enough to lift up her mood. 

Realizing she's , Irene quickly close the curtain, feeling her cheeks gettiing hot and red.

. She cursed herself.

"Why so shy?" said Seulgi teasing her.

"N-no I'm not"

"Then, can I come in?" 

It took seconds for Irene to open the curtain. No. They had been doing this several times now. 

It just...the timing is so...surprising for her. 

But well maybe she need this today. After a pretty long and rough day at the office. All she need is Seulgi.

The whole of her body.

The bunny open the curtain, still with her shy face. But Seulgi as always be the bold one, she smirk.

Coming in to the small cubicle, making them only inches away. Body almost touching each other. 

Under the cold shower, they become one. Despite their difference experience today, both of them have on thing in common. None of the experience they had today was fun. 

They desperate for each other after everything they been through today. 

It just that none of them want to talk about it. They just want to enjoy the moment. 

The moment between them, getting drained with cold water. 

Seulgi hand running down from Irene's cheek to her waist, pulling her closer. Making no distance between them. Each of their body touching each other.

Like usual, Irene will put her hands on Seulgi waist, waiting for Seulgi to say the word.

"I miss you" said Seulgi.

"Miss you too"

And Seulgi close the gap between their lips, kissing her girlfriend passionately. 

Removing her bra with the help from Irene and then her pants. Making her completely just like Irene. 

What they want right now is each other presence. To find comfort and to find warm. 

Feeling each other warm body under the cold water running to their body, the night went by.

With secrets that no one dare to talk about even during breakfast.