Chapter 7

Knocked Out

Head on her broad shoulder with eyes close. Trying to relax by cuddling with the girl she love. Seulgi took a day off, said she had something important to do. Something personal she need to handle and so today she skip practice.

For Irene.

Yes. 

And of course for her best friend too. They need her. 

Right now, both Irene and Seulgi are in their bedroom, with Irene wrapped her hands perfectly around Seulgi waist, have her head on the dancer broad shoulder. 

They stay in silence. Enjoying the moment with only the both of them here, inside their private place. 

Aside from getting comfort and relax, Irene can't stop thinking about what will happen next. By now, the culprit should notice they knew something about them. 

That Wendy had came to us and told us everything. Right now we are trying to find them. They should be scared right? Or not? 

Everything that happen right now, Irene wish she could turn back time and make sure that everything they done last year was complete. Nothing she should be worry about in the future.

Because all she wanted right now was to be with Seulgi. Without anything that try to harm them in many ways Irene couldn't imagine. 

"Seulgi" she hummed as an answer.

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you earlier" Irene said.

Which clearly catches Seulgi attention. Her head turn to look at Irene who were staring at random things inside their bedroom. 

"It's okay. Both of us have secrets and I'm also sorry for not talking to you about this whole thing" 

"I just....I just don't want anything come between us again. Moreover, I don't want you to leave me" 

Finally. 

Finally, Irene said the truth behind her lies. This is what she have been thinking lately. Feeling so scared that if Seulgi know about this, she will leave. Say that this is her way to protect her. 

But what Irene really want is Seulgi to stay by her side. Protect her from close distance. She doesn't want to left alone again like Seulgi used to do in the past. 

She can't bear a second without Seulgi by her side. It become her paranoia since last year. 

And the beautiful monolid eyes gently pull Irene away in order to look at her eyes. Staring at Irene with reassuring eyes that right now, she won't leave her. She won't do that stupid act again.

Caressing Irene's cheeks with both of her hands and pull her into a soft, gentle, short kiss. 

"I'm sorry for making you feel like that" said Seulgi.

"This is what talks mean, right? Sharing what we had in mind and be honest with each other, including myself" Seulgi sofly smile and nodded.

"Yes and thank you for being honest with me about your feeling. I want you to know, I won't leave you like I did in the past. We're in this together and I won't let anybody touch you or hurt you" 

With her eyes staring at Seulgi, she nodded and pull Seulgi into a hug. Feeling the warmth everytime she hug the bear. 

"I'm scared, Seul" said Irene with her cracking voice. 

"I'm here, Hyun. I will protect you like I did before" 

"But I don't want you to get hurt"

"I won't. I promise" 

Sobbing and tears fill the room as the bunny cry her heart out to the air. 

After dealing with everything all by herself, she finally have someone to lean her head to. And it will always be Seulgi. The girl she fell inlove with. Despite how many times she try to make sure that she's okay, the monolid girl will always find her way to comfort the girl.

To finally realize everything that she's hiding. Well, she manage to kept it a secret for a year not because Seulgi was too blind for it but it's because Irene is so smart in hiding her feeling.

Ever since that accident. 

None of this is Seulgi fault. 

And right now, crying in the crook of Seulgi's neck, she letting go all the pain and sorrow she had for a year.

A year of struggling all alone with nightmares and anxiety. 

Now that Seulgi finally know, somehow she felt like some weight being lift from her shoulder. Finally the burden being lifted from her. 

They hug each other for who knows how long. All Seulgi know is that time heal Irene slowly as the bunny calm herself after an hour being hug by her. 

That's all Irene needed. A comfortable hug from Seulgi and just a silenece between them to calm herself. 

"Are you okay now?" Irene nodded softly as she pull away from the hug and stare at those beautiful monolid eyes. 

"Good because I want to say sorry too. For not telling you that someone chased me when I'm was on my way back to Seoul after the performance" 

Irene got herself straighten up her body, looking at Seulgi with serious eyes.

"That's why you got your bumper broken?" Seulgi nodded. 

"You need to be careful. This is going to be-"

"I know. Don't worry about me. I will be fine"

"Seulgi. I don't want to see you cover in your own blood cause I don't think I won't be able to treat your wound again" 

"I told you. You don't need to worry about me. I'm more concern about you" 

"Seul"

"Irene, listen to me" Seulgi manage to cupped Irene's face. Making sure that the bunny is looking at her and all the attention is on her.

"Anyone who are connected to me either they could be dangerous or so dangerous. See I don't have any other words to describe them" 

"But my point is, they can hurt you. They can hurt anyone who are close to me. It is their way to hurt me and I will make sure that they come to me this time. Not you. Not Wendy or anybody else" 

Seulgi can see the hesitation in Irene eyes. Looking uncomfortable with Seulgi's plan and she understand her. Her life was never been safe and Irene knows that.

All Irene want was Seulgi to have a normal life. Safe from anyone who wants to harm her. But either she finish this once and for all or live the way it will always be.

Working everyday with worries and anxiety. The need to look at her back everytime because of her paranoia. 

She can't live like that for the rest of her life and the only way to do that is to finish all of this once and for all. At the same time also protecting her love ones. 

Unintentionally they got drag into her life and she have to be responsible for it. 

"I know you're worried about me but you need to trust me"

Perhaps this time Irene have to trust Seulgi. It doesn't mean she never trust her before. 

Maybe this time she should let Seulgi do the things she can't. That she need to trust her that everything will be alright and all she need to do is stay by her side. Support her.

Rather than being reckless like she used to be, she need to let Seulgi do her thing.

Despite how much she doesn't like this plan and hoping that she and Irene could just run away and live a new life from all of this, at the end she nodded. Agreed to trust Seulgi with this. 

And it made the monolid girl smile.

"Thank you" 

"But I want you to be honest with me everytime. I want updates. No more secrets like you said" Seulgi nodded.

"I won't keep any secrets from you" 

Somehow, it did make Irene calm and that she can finally breathe properly. 

"While we're busy with solving this, do you think that you need help from the professional?" Seulgi asked. Trying to be careful with this sensitive topic cause everything regarding to mental illness will always be a sensitive topic when you brought up to the victim.

"Jennie also want the same thing and I promise her I will go" 

Seulgi smile proudly as she see her girlfriend want to seek help for the sake of her mental health. 

There is nothing to be ashame of from having mental problem. 

You just need to pay attention to your surrounding to realize someone need help. 

And it's okay to be not okay. 

As long as they let other people come in and help, you will be fine later.

"I can't describe how proud I am to have you as my girlfriend" said Seulgi and Irene smile.

"I will find the best psychiatrist to help you" 

Irene nodded and mouthed thank you before she pull Seulgi into a hug.

*Knock knock

They broke the hug after hearing knock on the door. 

"Come in" said Seulgi.

A blonde hair girl with her white porceline skin came inside their bedroom.

"Hey, sorry to interupt but Krystal is here" 

~~~

"The job is done. We get rid of the body" said Krystal who are leaning her back on the kitchen wall.

Wendy and Irene sitting on the couch in the living room while Seulgi sitting on the bar right beside Krystal.

"Any updates?" Seulgi asked.

"My team had found the black SUV which were chasing you. They had burned it and there is no information of who own that SUV" 

"Do you find any CCTV surveillence regarding where the SUV heading after they lost me?" 

"No. It was a dead end" 

Seulgi pursed her lips annoyed with the fact she can't capture the culprit.

"Okay. How about this. Someone tried to make contact with Irene by sending her a murderer case which beyond her skills as a lawyer. The deliver man, who was it?"

"Park Chanyeol"

"Right. Can you help finding him?" Krystal nodded.

"I'm sure Park Chanyeol killed Baekhyun-sshi" said Irene.

"We cannot sure about anything unless we have the evidence. After I cleaned up the dead body, I took some sample from the small apartment. I found finger prints in some place inside the apartment and there is a CCTV. I had give it to my team. I will update if I found anything else"

"Thanks, Krys" 

"Anytime. Right now, you guys no need to worry about anything. I make sure we erase the CCTV record" 

Irene nodded.

"And as for you. I need you rphone. My team can track where were you from your phone. Even if it doesn't have any battery left, it can still trace where were you the last time" 

Wendy handed Krystal her phone and both girls nodded. 

"You look more free with this job" said Seulgi.

"Working as a detective, there is a lot of procedure you need to follow. But this. I can do everything I think it's right. This is where I belong just like Amber told me before"

Seulgi smile as she patted Krystal back. A sign that she is proud of her friend. Krystal smile.

"Okay. I suggest that you guys do your normal routines but also be aware of your surrounding. I will letsome of my mens to keep an eye on you guys"

"Thanks, Krys. I owe you a lot" 

And after that, Seulgi took Krysal out then went back inside.

Looking at the two quiet girls sitting in the living room. 

"You heard her, right? Just act normal. She will have her mens to watch out back" said Seulgi.

Which both girls nodded even though they still a bit scared of what will come next. 

Technically they are dealing with professionals. That increase the possibility they would get caught in some situation. 

Maybe. 

They don't know exactly if thosse professionals are really professional. 

They just need to think of the worse possibilities so far. 

Seeing the two girls looking a bit hesitated and anxious at the same time, Seulgi know exactly they are terrified and the only way to do this is to make them relax and calm.

How so?

Well, 

"I heard there's a drive in around the Hangang River. Should we go there?"

~~~

"Thomas and Friends...really?" 

"Okay. I don't know they will play this film. Don't get me wrong" 

"Arasseo. I was expecting something more...romantic movies than this" said Irene who is sitting next to the driver seat where Seulgi is sitting.

Meanwhile Wendy sitting on the back, watching the two girls arguing since they arrived at the drive-in.

Sure, Wendy wasn't expecting the movie will be Thomas and Friends. She was expecting something more intense rather than romantic actually.

Maybe, like, Train to Busan? The Exorcist? Something like that. 

And now they stuck in the drive-in area after bought tickets for 2000 won each person. 

Alright it wasn't bad at all but they could have bought something more....

Well something they can eat. They shouldn't have wasted 6000 won only to watch Thomas and Friends in a drive-in.

At the end they decided to watch it after several arguments.

At least Seulgi tried something to cheer them up in the midst of anxious and worriedness. 

And so the night goes on with the three best friends watching Thomas and Friends in a drive-in area. Trying to get things off for a moment before they start a new day tomorrow morning.