I Love You

Knocked Out

Irene POV

Like a recording, this whole situation reminds me back to what happened a year ago. Just like a year ago, I walk into the room where Seulgi would spend her days in the hospital.

No longer needed in the ICU after several check up with Sunmi. She's there. Sitting with still several wires attach to her body and bandages almost covering half of her face.

She look really messy yet still remain charming. My presence weren't announce at all since the door widely open. Welcoming anyone who come to visit. 

Wendy stay outside since she want us to have some privacy and though I want us to meet Seulgi together, but for once I want to be selfish. I want Seulgi for me only for couple of minutes.

Because damn I miss her so much. As I walk inside, her eyes were looking outside the window. Admiring the beautiful sky as if she had forgotten how beautiful the sky is.

Once I got closer, she finally notice my presence and that smile again. That charming and beautiful smile appear on her face. All of the weight, the burden, and all of that finally lighten up.

Weird how a smile could bring all of the burden down like it never there before.

"Annyeong" she said in a very cute way.

How can she be so fine with all the things that happened before? I don't know but it is something like a hidden talent that only Kang Seulgi have it. I can't imagine what she been through.

All of the things happened to her...very terrifying yet she still manage to give me her bear smile.

"Miss me?" asked her.

Rather than say anything, I prefer to hug her. The answer to that question is too obvious. I prefer to dig myself into her embrace and feel her hand softly caress my head.

And we stay in that position until time doesn't count for us anymore.

 

"We came as soon as we heard the news" said Jisoo once she put down the fruits she bought with Jennie.

"We know you're busy with the cases" said Seulgi.

"Not as busy as you, Seulgi," said Wendy who are sitting at the right side of Seulgi's bed.

Seulgi just shrugged it off. 

We took our time together only for a half minutes since I don't want Wendy to wait outside too long. After we have our cuddle time, I called Wendy inside and Seulgi was damn happy.

She even shed tears upon seeing Wendy. Thought she still need to walk with crutches, Wendy is very healthy. Sunmi already confirm it. All she need to do is attend the rehabilitation diligently.

Seulgi even make a promise that she will keep her eyes on Wendy. Making sure she attend the rehabilitation since Park Sooyoung is not in South Korea for a little while because of work in London. 

Talking about Sooyoung, she still working as a pilot and currently having her first flight to London and around the Europe. She doesn't have time to go back to Korea.

They even video called awhile ago and Sooyoung is damn worried for Wendy. Well, they are girlfriend and girlfriend after all. 

Everything that happen right now is what I've been hoping to happen. Just me and my best friends, my girlfriend together in one room. Talking and laughing together.

This is what I want. All of us, safe and healthy. No more kidnapping, no more fighting. Just peace. Isn't that what the world wants? A world peace?

"So how did everything go?" asked Seulgi. Right. I didn't tell her anything before because I don't want to talk about.

"Well, Krystal and Amber managed to capture Chanyeol's man and she and Jessi is dead due to the head shots Amber gave," said Jennie.

Seulgi who heard that could only sigh. A relieve sigh. I grab her hand and squeeze it. Finally. Kang Seulgi, my girlfriend, get the peace she wants. 

 

After Jennie and Jisoo came visit, they decided to go back home since it's late. Jennie told me if I need anything just call her. Typical best friend forever. 

They also have some cases to review back at home. I should probably go back to work after Seulgi get out from hospital. She's unemployee for awhile until she recover.

So...who's going to work and get money? Of course me. 

Not long after that, Kim Yerim came and she was deadly shock seeing Seulgi. Yeri knew what happened and she didn't blame Seulgi for what happened. After all, her father was part of it too. Protecting diamonds that should have been sold to the black market if he didn't take it.

Seulgi told Yeri she will pay a visit to Mr Kim's grave. Since he was the one who protected her and he was like a real father to her. It's a shame that he had to die because of her.

Kim Yerim stayed for awhile until she left with Wendy. Seulgi told Wendy it's best for her to stay with Kim Yerim for awhile since she's unable to take care of her.

Wendy agreed and Kim Yerim said she will grab Wendy's thing at her place tomorrow morning. For today, Wendy will borrow Yeri's stuffs.

Once all of the visitors went home, now it's only me and Seulgi. Just the two of us in the room. Finally.

No. Not that I hate it they came...it just...finally I got time to be with Seulgi all alone.

She for myself only. 

Once I cameback after seeing Yeri and Wendy gone behind the elevator door, Seulgi still there. Watching television infront of her. Looking so calm and peaceful.

Been awhile since the last time I saw her so peaceful like this. Even after year had pass, I still can see she's hiding something behind her face. A mask that she kept hidden for the pass one year. 

I've been wondering what was she hiding and how dumb I was to realize it just now.

Maybe we are destined to be together. I, myself also lying to her. For being okay after what happened a year ago. Only to get caught having PTSD. 

Seulgi is just the same as I am. She's been lying all this time too. But she hide it very well. She's scared. Scared that danger will come and this is what she worried about.

But now that everything is gone, she can finally breathe peacefully. Without any worries and burden on her shoulder. 

Seeing me standing by the door, she smile at me.

"Notice me finally?" I asked.

"I already see you. But you seems you like seeing me from far so I let you stay there for awhile" said Seulgi as she spread her arm and welcome me to her embrace.

"Tsk. Always full of yourself"

I burried myself to her hug and close my eyes as I enjoy the warm hug. 

We hug for awhile because I miss this bear so much that it almost kill me. To be honest my PTSD has been worse since she was kinapped. I haven't told Seulgi about it.

For now, I just want to focus on her. Talking about Seulgi, that day in the pier, she was not the Kang Seulgi I knew. She was so weak and desperate. Like she lost hope to live.

The Kang Seulgi I knew, she never give up. She always try her best to survive. But why I got a feeling that she was ready to die that day?

"Seulgi" I call her softly, retraining myself from the hug and stare at her.

"Uhm...never like that tone," said Seulgi and I roll my eyes.

"What is it?" 

"That day. In the pier. W-were you ready to die?" I asked.

She seem to tense up. Eyes staring at me deeply and her body tense up upon hearing my question. Her body language only make it very obvious that she were ready to die.

Why?

Did she forgot about me? Did she really wanted to leave me in this world alone?

"I-I uhmm..." she looked at me carefully. Seems like she's trying to find the perfect sentence to explain it.

"Lying won't be good...right?" asked Seulgi grinning.

"We've been lying to each other for a year. Don't you think it's enough?" I said kind a annoyed with her.

"Ne...araseo" said Seulgi. 

"Yes, I did" she finallly confess.

I don't know why but I felt so disappointed at her. I told her clearly that she should not give up. I never give up on finding her. If my PTSD didn't hold me on finding her, I would have the whole South Korean police to find her.

No. I don't need police. I will find her myself. With all information I got from Krystal. Even if Krystal allow me to join her forces, I would and won't hesitate to say yes.

"Why?" 

Seulgi took her time staring at me. Caress my hair and ended on my cheek. I'm on the edge of crying but I hold myself. 

"Because I felt sorry. For what happened to all those people that are dead because of me. I felt like...I'm not worth to live in this world again"

"And leave me alone in this world?" 

"Joohyun. Never I stop myself from thinking of you. You are the only person I think of everyday. During all those tortured. But the urge of giving up is too...strong. T-that those people face...their screaming...I-I'm the devil"

Was I too...selfish? Seulgi been through alot and this time I wasn't there. I can't imagine what she been through but what I know is that it wasn't easy for her.

To survive and all the tortured she received....it must be very hard for her. With all those people she was told to killed...she felt like all those people bloods is on her hands.

That it was her fault. But to tell you the truth, it was all because of Chang Wook. He was the person who dragged Seulgi into this. 

He dragged Seulgi to the life she never wanted but she have to. She have to in order to live in this horrible world. Cruel and hard life. 

"But once I saw you that day in the pier...I was reminded that I need to go back. I have to. I have to go back because I made a promise to you. I will be back and here I am. Keeping my promise to you," said Seulgi.

A smile finally appear on my face. My Seulgi. She caress my cheek and smile to me with tears slowly falling down.

"You...you are my strenght, Irene. My source of strenght and hope. You...you bring me back. You lift me up during my fall down" 

What else I should be thankful for? Isn't the life I had before was enough? No.

It will never enough because Seulgi wasn't part of my life. Now that I have Seulgi in my life...I'm thankful that my life finally complete. 

A strong girlfriend, a romantic girlfriend, someone who took good care of me, protect me, and love me. Kang Seulgi complete my life and for her I'm just the same.

A girl who complete her life and help her out from her unwanted life. 

Though how much it will sound so cringe, I save her life. I gave her hope and reason to live when she at the edge of giving up. I brought light to her life and I don't know how to say thank you to her for believing at me.

Since I don't get any words that could describe what I'm feeling right now, I just go with the easy way.

Pulling her face closer to me, glancing at her lips and capture it softly, gently. Not wanting to hurt the girl with all the lust I have. I want her. I want to cuddle with her in our bed.

Kissing all night long and having her for me all night. But I know we can have that for awhile. A kiss would probably enough for now.

While kissing her, I could feel her lips forming a smile as I asking her consent to bring my tounge inside and she gladly open for me to enter.

We make out for awhile until she release the kiss and we part away, trying to catch some breathe. 

"Marry me" said Seulgi all of a sudden.

.

.

.

Wait what?!

"Marry me, Joohyun" she said again as if I didn't hear what she said.

She bite her lips. Her habit when she's feeling nervous.

"I-I know I don't have ring and this isn't the romantic proposal. But will you, Bae Joohyun, Irene, my girlfriend, walk down the aisle and meet me at the end of it?"

It took awhile for me to process whatever happening right now because this happen so sudden. 

Kang Seulgi, proposing me in the hospital. When we were just get back together after probably a month being seperated. Isn't that so romantic? Far more romantic and tragic than what Romeo and Juliette been through.

Oh, they were just so dramatic. I can't even take it when I read their story. 

This whole thing that happening to me and Seulgi...romantic, tragic, and very realistic. I mean...we both ben through a lot. Almost die in the process. But somehow, our love are alot stronger.

That whatever the obstacles are, we will always find our way back together. A bound that no one knows how to break it. 

"U-uhmm if you think you're not ready or this is not the kind of proposal you imagine, I-I c-"

"Yes" I said. 

She titled her head to the side kind a taken aback with what I said.

"What?" I scoff. Kang Seulgi has always been so humble and down to earth since the first I met her. She look so cute with how naive and inoncent she is.

"We've been through a lot and I would never want anything else but to marry you, Kang Seulgi. So my answer to your question is yes. Yes I will walk down the aisle and meet you at the end. Yes I will tie the knot with you and be your forever. Kang Seulgi...you are the only one I want in this world. Yes Kang Seulgi. Yes. I will marry you" 

It never take too long for her to smile and hug me.

My bear. Always give me a very comfortable hug. So...is this the end of our story? Well since Park Chanyeol dead and Chang Wook too...will there be any danger?

I don't know. Seulgi don't know. But whatever the obstacles are...we both will face it together. We are stronge together and no matter what happen in the future, we will face it.

For now, all we want is to be together. Enjoy the time we have and cherish it while we can because tomorrow and the future is something different. Something that we wouldn't be able to predict.

All we could do now is enjoy what happen today because time is very precious. Cherish it and make it worth it. 

"It's over right?" I asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. It's finally over" Seulgi said.

Even though we both know it will never be over because Kang Seulgi have lot of enemies, for now we would like to say it's over. The future will remain unspoken and we're going to be ready once the time is right.

After all, Kang Seulgi will always find her way back to me. No matter what the danger is. And I will always guide her way back to me. That's us. 

"So...you're going to be my wife?" asked Seulgi with a smirk on her face. Hmm...I always love it when she's trying to tease me. Especially in bed...

"What do you think about your soon to be wife?" I asked, teasing her back.

"Hmm...I should say I'm the most lucky person in this world. Because I get to marry a beautiful lawyer name Bae Joohyun. A.k.a Irene" 

"Yes, you're damn lucky because I'm a limited edition. So you better treat me well!" I said but she shook her head smiling.

"No no. You need to treat me well first! Look at me!" she said referring to her current condition and I just laugh at how cute she is.

"Okay, bear. I will" I said giving up because of her overload cuteness.

She smile at me and peck my lips before she say,

"I love you"

"I love you too"

 

This is finally the end of Knocked out. Thank you to all the readers that has been supporting this story since the beginning. Without you guys, I wouldn't have done two parts for this story. I learn alot while writing this story. I still have long way to go and I will try my best to write good stories and improve my writing. I am sorry for not being able to give you a perfect second part of Knocked Out. During the second part, I kind a lost in the middle of writing and then all that happening in my life, with me losing someone I love, I just lost inspiration for this story and came up with a new one. It also about Seulrene and I had put lot of thoughts in the story so I hope you guys also support it. 

Anyway, so this is finally the end of Knocked Out. Thank you all for the comments, advice, and supports you guys gave to this story by leaving comments, subscribes, and vote. Thank you all really and I'm sorry again for not delivering a proper second part. Well, then last but not least see you in my other stories. Please due support it and give votes, comments, and subscribe. I really appreciate all your supports. Also comments really give me courage and stength to write. Okay. Goodbye and stay healthy!

If any of you interested to read my new story, here I give you the link to it. Please do support it because I really put lot of effort on writing it and the way I'm delivering the storyline is quiet different than the others. 

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1470505/home