Almost

Knocked Out

The sound of vehicles running around the roads quiet disturbing in the morning. When two girls are trying to get their sleep after having a little make out last night.

Sunlight trying to get through the curtains inside the small room, making the room a bit brighter than before. How much energy she tried to get back to sleep, she can't see to do so.

Trying so hard to get up from the single bed without waking up the sleepy bunny beside her, she get up from the bed and move herself to the couch beside the bed.

Last night was amazing. No. They just make out nothing more. Neither both of them not wanting to get any further. Even though they can't hide the tension and heat between them rising up everytime they stare at each other.

Rather than going to far, they decided to sleep side by side, staring at the empty ceiling until both of them fell to sleep.

Waking up in the morning with Irene sleeping beside her, she wished it will be like this forever. 

But she know she can't until she make sure she catch her step father.

Or not, she will live forever only looking backwards. She can't have forever with Irene if her step father is still out there.

She doesn't want to bring danger to Irene's life. She won't let that happen.

"Hey" 

Seulgi waking up from daze off on the couch. Making a smile when she heard that beautiful husky voice right beside her.

"Hey" said Seulgi with her head caressing Irene's crown. 

"Did I slept too long?" Seulgi shook her head.

"I just awake" Seulgi said. 

Irene nodded. 

Like usual, both of them staring at each other didn't even mind the silent between them. 

It felt like they both are talking through eyes that no one could understand them.

They like it. Looking at each other eyes, showing attraction and love. 

Moreover, it is their time to admire each other.

For Irene she's admiring those scars on Seulgi's body and face.

For Seulgi, she's admiring the beauty infront of her. 

"Seulgi"

"Yes?" 

"Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?" asked Seulgi as she rest her head on the wall behind her. 

"What will you do to your step father?" 

She stared at Irene's eyes, looking so empty.

"None of your concern, Irene" said Seulgi trying her best for not hurting Irene.

"Did you tell the police?"

As she expected. The law student who respect the law so much. 

Seulgi staring at Irene's face softly. Not wanting to scared the girl away. 

She respect Irene as much as Irene respect the laws. But what she do right now with Detective Krystal is far behind the laws.

There is no laws allowed police and criminals working together.

Clearly if she said that it will blow Irene's mind. That's why she can't never told Irene about this.

She respect Irene so much as much as the nerd respect the laws.

"Let's not talk about my step father, okay?" said Seulgi softly. 

Even though Irene wanted to ask further, she didn't want to cross the line. 

After all it's personal.

If Seulgi doesn't want to talk about it than there is nothing Irene can do.

All she can do is hope.

Hoping Seulgi will deal with it in the right way.

Hoping nothing will trouble Seulgi.

Hoping she will be alright. 

"Do you have class today?" Seulgi asked.

"Yeah. I need to clean up" 

"Can I clean up here too?" Irene nodded.

"You can grab my clothes" 

~~~

"Bae Irene. You better explain where you were last night!" 

"I was in my apartment, Jennie-ah" 

"What?! Didn't I told you stay-"

"Yes, I know"

"Then why-"

"Geez, Jennie! Let's talk about it after class, okay?" 

Jennie was about to throw her argument but to her lost, the lecturer has come. 

She made sure she will ask Irene what happened yesterday.

Irene really don't want to talk about what happened yesterday.

Yes. It was amazing. 

Kising Seulgi is one of the best experience she ever had in her life. 

But she doesn't want anyone to know about it first.

After all everything between her and Seulgi is still unclear.

They had declared their love but haven't talk anything about their status.

It's still unclear and blur. 

Despite that she okay with it.

It's too early for her. *What? You just make out with Seulgi in your apartment and you said it's too early for you. Damn Irene.

During the lecture, Irene can't seem to focus on studying.

She can't forget what she had with Seulgi last night.

It was passionate, intimidate, and full of love kiss.

Irene never had that kind of kiss because she never been in a relationship.

That kiss...was her first kiss. With Seulgi. 

A mysterious, gorgeous, broken girl she ever met.

She can still feel the heat on her skin even after they finished making out. 

The raging hormone of wanting to get Seulgi for herself has been roaring inside her.

But her concious is just too strong for it. She hold herself very well.

Last night wasn't the time. No. She won't have her first with Seulgi who probably will be her first love inside her small apartment.

No! She won't let that happen at all! 

"Miss Bae?" 

Irene who had her eyes focus on her notes, look up to see the lecturer staring at her.

"Yes?" said Irene a little confused.

"Will you please come up and explain the essay you had wrote?" 

~~~

"Where were you last night? You weren't home! I was worried!"

"I'm okay, Seungwan. Nothing happened"

"I thought someone kidnapped you. Where were you?" 

"Nowhere"

"Oh come on. Don't give me that bull" 

Seulgi sigh.

There is no way she can go away from her possesive best friend asking where she were last night.

Obviously, she didn't want Wendy knew about what she did with Irene last night.

Not now. 

They obviously had great time together.

But just like Irene, she didn't want anyone to know about them first.

They want it to keep it between them.

Just between them to cherish. 

Thinking about what happened last night really made Seulgi form a smile on her face.

Seulgi and Wendy had their classes ended awhile ago.

Right now they are currently having their part time job in a cafe across the campus.

It's cute when you came to realize that Seulgi working as a barista during the weekdays.

But then during the weekends, she become a fighter.

Cute, innoncent girl change instantly in the weekends.

"What? You really don't want to talk about it? To your best friend?!" asked Wendy. 

Seulgi sigh.

"I will tell you when the time is right, okay?" 

"WHAT?! YA! KAN-"

But Wendy stop when they heard the bell rings.

It's a sign of customers coming in to their cafe. 

Wendy was about to kill Seulgi but stopped and Seulgi smile in victory.

Clearly, Wendy wasn't happy with the fact that her best friend is hiding something from her.

Nevertheless, she let it go since she need to serve customers.

Seulgi smile in victory and went straight to her station.

Receiving orders and orders.

It's about to get dark and it is the golden time. Where a lot of customers coming in.

Seulgi was glad though. It means Wendy won't have time to ask her anything.

"Good evening! Welcome to Red Velvet Cafe!" said Wendy

Seulgi took a glance to the new customers and her eyes were wide opened. Surprise to see who came.

"Oh? Hi guys! It's good to see you guys here!" said Wendy excitedly.

"Hi Wendy. I didn't know you work here" said Rose.

"Seulgi is working here with me too"

"Hi guys" said Seulgi as she appeared behind Wendy, grinned.

"Can we get two Americano and three machiato?" asked Lisa. 

"Will there in five minutes!" said Wendy. 

The five girl depart from the cashier after they pay the bill.

Seulgi who get busy right away behind the coffee maker, took a glance towards Irene who appeared always sneaking glances to her.

Both of them smile to each other and mouthed Hi before Irene going to her seat.

 

"Here you go. Two Americanos and three Machiato" said Seulgi after she served the five cups infront of the five girls.

"Thank you, Seulgi" said Irene.

"Your welcome" 

"Hey Seulgi. Why don't you sit with us? You and Wendy?" 

Seulgi glance at Wendy who are sitting on the counter doing nothing since there is no customers coming in.

So she thought why not?

~~~

"Suho was expelled and we won't ever see him ever again" said Jennie.

The girls were having a conversation about how Suho was expelled after he attempt to Irene weeks ago.

After Jennie found out about that accident, she made sure Irene won't get to see him ever again.

She did everything she could as Irene's best friend to made sure that her best friend is safe.

Jennie also praise Seulgi because if she wasn't there, who knows what will happened to Irene that day.

While they were enjoying the conversation, Seulgi and Irene can't help to take glances to each other.

Feeling the need to holding hands but surely they can't do that infront of their friends.

They hold their needs to themself.

While they were enjoying their secret time together, Seulgi who is sitting facing Irene and happen to see the entrance door of the cafe.

She can see who is coming to the cafe and when she was having fun staring at Irene, she saw a person walking in to the cafe.

A man dressing all black. 

Seulgi can see vividly who is that person.

Her body get tense and she clench her jaw as she saw the man. 

"Guys, I need to go now" said Seulgi which made Wendy look at hr confusely.

Irene was surprise though but she didn't asked the monolid girl any further.

Seems like there is something urgent she need to do.

And so, Seulg left. Leaving the six girls.

Meanwhile, Wendy look over to the man and can't help but widen her eyes.

What is he doing in here?

She struggle whether she should call Krystal or not.

But it seems she can't. Considering Seulgi's safety and other people in this cafe.

Seulgi on the other hand knew that anytime soon Wendy will notice. 

She remain calm as she approach the old man wearing sunglasses at this hour.

"What are you doing here?" 

"I see you having so much fun with your friends" 

"None of your business" said Seulgi with her burning eyes looking at her step father.

"Everything that related to you is my business, Kang Seulgi" Seulgi clench both her hands.

She really wanted to punch the guy right now. But clearly the old man have his guys surrounding this place.

So she didn't want to risk anything right now.

He came when Krystal isn't around. Great

"What do you want?" Seulgi asked not wanting the old man to stay here any longer.

"Well, I called you but you didn't answer. I was wondering why the hell a police officer came to your house the other days?"

It did surprise Seulgi but she try not to show it.

"So? You scared of the police?" asked Seulgi challenging him. 

The old man scouf in disbelief. Looks like his step daughter is challenging him. Well she can't do that.

He walk closer to her, making no distance between them. As Seulgi keep her head straight, she can feel a cold rounded iron. Pointing right on her stomach.

She knew what it was and her body get strained because of it. How can he bringing gun everywhere he goes? Thsi is South Korea!

"Don't challenge me, Kang Seulgi. You're not worht my bullet" said the old man whispering thorugh her ears.

"Try not to get in touch with the police next time or I will do something with your friends" said the old man threatned Seulgi.

Seulg try to calm herself down. Not wanting to make any scene in here.

She didn't want Irene to get scared or suspicious. Moreover, she wanted everyone to be safe.

"There's another fight this weekend. Make sure you listen to my command this time" 

Seulgi gulp as the old man went out from the cafe.

She didn't realized after all this time, she has been holding her breath.

She took a deep breath relaizing how strained her body is. 

Her heart beating so fast that it nearly came out from her ribcage if it wasn't because of Irene who came up to her.

"Hey" 

"Hey" 

"Who was that?" Seulgi was surprise that Irene was looking at her all this time. She gulp before she answer.

"No one. Just a passerby who get lost" said Seulgi not wanting Irene to know who that was.

"Hey Seulgi. Let's go. Our shift is over" said Wendy literally saving her best friend.

Wendy knew Seulgi doesn't want Irene to know anything that happened to her.

She can see it through the monolid girl eyes. 

Even though she was thankful that Wendy helped her, she still can't deny the fact that she wanted tos tay a little longer with Irene.

She missed the girl so much.

After all, they didn't get to talk much today since they are busy with classes and part time job. 

Realized that Seulgi and Wendy is about to go home, Irene let out a smile.

"Text me when you get home?" Seulgi nodded.

"Are you staying in your apartment?" 

"No. Jennie insisted I stayed in her house. She didn't really like me staying in my apartment" 

"Arasseo. I'll get going then" Irene nodded and smiled.

As Seulgi went to the kitchen and grabbed her things, Wendy had waited her in the alley.

Once she opened the back door, she was greeted by Wendy's grinned. Which made her sigh.

"What did you do with Irene?" 

Seulgi rolled her eyes and start walking literally wanted to avoid Wendy's eyes.

"Oh come on Seulgi! Tell me! Tell me!"

"Shut up, "

"Ya! Come on!"

~~~

"Okay, spill it!" said Jennie after she dragged Irene to her living room.

"Jennie" 

"No, uh huh. You cannot avoid me young lady" said Jennie.

Irene sigh. 

Clearly she have a very annoying best friend yet she can't deny how much she love Jennie.

She literally wanted to hide everything that happened between her and Seulgi that night.

But it appears her best friend have eagle eyes.

At the end she can't avoid Jennie's questions.

So, Irene gave up.

She told Jennie everything that happened yesterday.

And yes. Jennie literally freaked out.

Feeling very excited to see her best friend finally making out with someone. 

Moreover, with Kang Seulgi! The most mysterious yet you can't deny her charm.

"So? Are you guys in a relationship right now? Are you two girlfriend and girlfriend now?" Irene shook her head and it literally made Jennie screamed all the way .

"GEEZ, Jennie! Calm down!"

"I don't understand! You both literally have the chemistry! You both look amazing together!  BUT WHY AREN'T YOU TWO IN A RELATIONSHIP, YET?!"

"I-I don't know Jennie. Maybe we both wanted time to finally become official"

"WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WAITING?!!!"

Irene sigh. Clearly this is a wrong idea.

She regret for telling Jennie this.

And so that night went so intense with Jennie can't stop herself from screaming there and there.

Not satisfied with the reason why Irene and Seulgi sin't in a relationship yet.

Meanwhile, in Seulgi's apartment everything doesn't seem to go well.

They face timing with Krystal and told her what happened in the cafe they are working currently.

Clearly it wasn't a good news for Krystal.

If Seulgi's step father knew what they were doing then everything will ruin.

This is where they need to be careful.

Any kind of weird movement will bring danger to Seulgi and also her friends.

"I'm really sorry. I had made sure I came clean that day. I had some of my friends doing overwatch in case any of your step father's man happened to see me" said Krystal.

"Well, he's smart. He see what the police can't see" said Seulgi.

"I'm sorry about that. Okay. For the mean time, I have been digging ups into your step father's cases. He used to stay in Cheomdang, Gangnam. Building his own drug empire there for several years and was capture in jail but he got bailed" 

"Do you know who bailed him?"

"Kim Woo Bin. A local head gangster who also happened to be involved with the illegal fight. His fighter is known as Jessi" 

"She's the top fighter. I'm still two level below her" said Seulgi.

"Will you be able to fight her?" Wendy asked.

Seulgi nodded.

"Yes. But they decided my opponent randomly and unknown" Krystal bite her lips.

"This is your chance Seulgi. Fighter Jessi will lead us to your step father whereabout. He will surely bet his life for you. As you both are the strongest in that place"

"Well can you arrange the fight? Maybe hacking them or used spies or something?" asked Wendy which made Seulgi literally looking at her with horror. 

Like four days ago, Wendy was terrified knowing she need to fight numerous times even need to fight the strongest. But now she was eager to get her best friend into a fight. 

Wendy who notice the look on Seulgi's face just shrugged it.

"I don't know. But I'll try my best. For awhile, just stick to your routine Seulgi. Make sure to not look suspicious later" Seulgi nodded.

"Thank you, detective" 

"Goodnight Seugli-sshi, Wendy-sshi"

 

Hehe...I was thinking of having a break today. But I can't seem to stop! So here is the new chapter! Enjoy!