Unexpected

Knocked Out

A loud knocked was heard on Seulgi's apartment door. The blonde hair girl has been feeling anxious knowing her best friend wasn't around in the apartment after her shift was over. She hoped that someone who standing behind the apartment door is none other than her best friend. 

She opened the door only to get her eyes wide open to see Seulgi carrying Irene on her back. Irene had her eyes closed and just the look from her condition, Wendy can see how messed up the girl is. 

"I'll explain later. Now please get out of my way. She's quiet heavy, you know" said Seulgi.

Good thing Irene is unconcious or not, the girl will probably throw charges to her because she just mocked her. Seulgi went straight to her bedroom, opened the door and quickly put Irene on her bed as gently as possible. 

Irene cuddle on the bed trying to find the comfortable position on the bed. Meanwhile, Wendy standing by the door watching how Seulgi gently put her bed cover for Irene. Making sure the girl is warm enough. 

"She's beautiful" said Seulgi.

Wendy chuckled. For once in awhile, Wendy witnessed new side of her best friend. All this time she had thought that Seulgi never have her gentle side in her. But looking at how she took care of Irene, Wendy new Seulgi has been hiding her gentle side only for herself.

The girl with her black leather jacket get down on her knees, only to observe Irene a little bit more. Irene's face was blocked by some strand hair. She decided to move those strand hair and tucked them behind Irene's ear. 

Seulgi watch the girl sleeping peacefully and it make her heart flutter. How can a girl look so beautiful even when she's sleeping? She caress Irene's cheek before leaving the room. But before she could, she can feel her wrist being grabbed. 

She was stunned to see Irene open her eyes faintly. The girl still sleepy but manage to wake up trying so hard not to get drain to sleep as she wanted to talk with Seulgi, her hero.

"Irene"

"P-please. D-don't leave m-me" said Irene weakly. 

There is no way Seulgi can resist it. So she get back to her knees in order to have her eyes the same level as Irene and that's the cue for Wendy to give them some privacy. The blonde hair girl closed the door with a smile on her face. 

Then it just Seulgi and Irene in the room. Looking at each other eyes. Even when they just met, they never felt so awkward staring at each other. Only a slight of shy can be seen through Irene's eyes but anything other that was nothing but feeling so grateful.

Grateful that someone so brave, beautiful yet broken can be a hero for her. Saving her life countless times. Irene couldn't be more grateful that she had the chance to meet Seulgi. 

On the other hand, Seulgi didn't know what she feel. She never felt anything like this before. Like Wendy said, she never get attached to someone. Never let anyone in. Never let anyone knows what's inside her heart and mind. 

Never let anyone touch her. Only three girls can do those things to her and it took several years for her to finally let them in. Letting them know how complicated and scary her life is. 

Somehow she wanted to do the same to Irene. Worse, leaving her. But she can't. She can't do that when the girl gave her the most comforting warm and hug in the time she needed the most. 

Also knowing that she can be clumsy and cute at the same time, it just make Seulgi more curious and curious about Irene. Despite both girls are really the opposite of life, Seulgi can't help but to get so attached towards Irene.

She wonder how can Irene easily burn down the wall she had been trying to get hold up but Irene ended up crossing the border despite she had been holding it so tight. Not wanting to let random person came to her life so easy.

"T-thank you. F-for saving m-my life....again" said Irene. But Seulgi remain quiet. 

Irene watch Seulgi's face closely. Trying to get her vision vividly as possible. Everytime they met, Irene always got a glimpse of new scars and wounds on Seulgi's face.

She is beyond curious to know about those scars and wounds. Leaving marks there and there as a memories of different accident and experience. She wonder why there's always new wounds everytime they met. Where did she get those?

But her questions remain unspoken. She doesn't want to cross the line. She knows Seulgi won't be happy to talk about it because maybe those scars came from an important events in her life that she can't seems to talk about it freely.

An exchange of her questions, Irene find her hand starting to explore Seulgi's face. Caressing those wounds on her face and scars that leave some marks there and there. Some are new and some are old wounds. 

At first she was hesitate to touch them. She's afraid Seulgi will grabbed her hand, not wanting her to touch her privacy. But Seulgi remain quiet as she watch her hand movement. There was no hesitation in Seulgi's eyes. She just watch Irene's hand carefully.

As a signal that Seulgi is okay with Irene curiousness, Irene let herself caress Seulgi's face carefully. She watch and studies every wounds, scars, and bruises. Even with those marks, Seulgi still look beautiful.

When she was about to land her hand to Seulgi's lip, Irene stop. She's concious enough to hold herself from going any further. That's when she withdraw her hand and get back to their staring contest. 

"Y-you're beautiful" said Irene with her husky voice which almost drive Seulgi's crazy.

In a brief seconds, Irene eyelids felt heavier than ever. Soon she drive herself to sleep. Letting her unconcious self drown her to a good night sleep through out the dark sky. Once Seulgi is sure that Irene had fallen asleep, she sigh.

Her heart were racing so heart that probably her cheeks are red by now. Good thing the room is dark so Irene can't see it. Soon she get herself stand up and leave the room quietly. Not wanting to wake the sleeping beauty inside. 

Once she closed the door behind her, she went straight to the living room where she can find Wendy sitting comfortably in the couch with a box of popcorn and netflix movie is playing in the television.

"So, what happened?" asked Wendy with still munching the popcorn.

Seulgi sit herself beside Wendy and take some of the popcorn to eat it. 

"Like I had predicted. Suho came after her again"

"What?! Gosh! That guy is such an !" 

"This time, he wanted to Irene"

". I can't believe that guy. He really is a psycopath"

"Yeah. I made sure he regret what he did to Irene. I broke his nose again. Harder this time but I got a hold of myself" said Seulgi.

Wendy glance at Seulgi before she open and ask,

"How did you managed to not get over this time?"

"Irene. She was afraid and I can't help but to stop myself. She needed helped and she was there for me when I needed comfort so much. This is the way I payback her kindness"

"Really? Just payback?" Seulgi glance at Wendy with her eyesbrow raised up.

"Is there anything else?" asked Seulgi.

"Well, I don't know. It's unlike you, letting someone stop what you are doing. Sometimes you even hit the referee during your fight because you can't stop. You can't control your emotion sometimes" 

"So?" Wendy sigh.

"From what I see, you did it not because you wanted to payback her. There is more that you saw in Irene that no one knows what. If I'm right, you probably busy thinking about it. My suggestion, asked her out. I mean just go somewhere only the two of you"

As night goes by, Seulgi can't help but to get her mind busy for what Wendy had said to her. Irene. That girl is clearly driving her crazy everynight ever since she hurted the law student. 

The need of wanting to see her everyday and watch her closely, protecting her everyday. The urge and craving of her hug and comfort. The weird feeling everytime she watch the girl face. 

All of this is new for her. Despite feeling uncomfortable, she felt more curious of what this weird feeling is. Maybe she will take Wendy's advice this time.

~~~

Waking up feeling a little bit sore in and a little bit heavy around her eyelids. She know that kind of feeling. She was crying and clearly remember what happened yesterday. 

The way Suho was trying to get his pants off and the way he stare at her with those eyes. How lust has blinding him. Next thing she knew, Seulgi came and helped her.

Literally gave the guy a great lesson on his face. Then the monolid girl came to her and hug her so tight that she felt so safe and comfortable. It made her fall to sleep real quick. After that she remember she was in a room with Seulgi.

That's when they stare at each other and she watched every detail of scars, wounds, and bruises on Seulgi's face. How those marks really gets her attention. She can't help but to still wonder where she got those from. But still she remain quiet despite all the curiousness and questions ringing inside her head.

She looked around the room. Realize nothing much inside the room. Only a queen size bed, a bathroom door on the left side of the bed and a wooden wardrobe infront of the bed and next to it is the bedroom door.

There is no picture, no painting, nothing. Nothing that can tell Irene about the monolid girl. Clearly the monolid girl is a mysterious girl that doesn't want any random people to know about her. Then why her?

She bring her body to get up from the bed and went straight outside the bedroom. She wonder where Seulgi is sleeping as she was sleeping on her bed last night. Clearly invading her privacy.

Her eyes capture the girl she's been missing so much lying on the couch in the living room with one of leg hand down from the couch freely. She must felt uncomfortable sleeping on the couch. 

Irene get herself on her knees right infront of Seulgi's face. Watching the girl sleeping peacefully with steady breathing. For the second time, she examinate the wounds on Seulgi's face. Carefully touching them but was imidietly blocked by the sudden grip on her wrist. Indicating the person had awake.

The grip was gentle as the monolid girl open her eyes and met with Irene's eyes. They stare at each other for awhile until Seulgi decided to broke the silent between them.

"Good morning" said Seulgi.

"Morning"

"Did you slept weel?" Irene nodded gently.

"I'll make you breakfast" said Seulgi.

Soon the monolid girl left Irene sitting in the living room, watching every movement the monolid girl made in the kitchen. Irene wonder if Seulgi can cook and how she look so y getting herself so busy in the kitchen.

Seulgi notice the look on Irene's face that made her feel a little bit intimidated. It made her let out a dry coughed and Irene felt the awkwardness between them.

Irene let her eyes stare at the empty television infront of her while waiting for the monolid girl finished making breakfast.

Not so long after that, Wendy went out from her room still wearing her pink pajamas. Soon she notice Irene sitting in the living and she smile. Even though her face and her hair is still a bit messy, Wendy still look cute.

"Good morning, Irene. Did you slept well?" 

"Morning, Wendy. Yes, I did" 

"Good. Have you had breakfast yet?" Irene shook her head.

"Seulgi is making some for us, I supposed" 

And it made Wendy open her eyes widely due to surprise. Irene clearly didn't know Seulgi can burn the kitchen just by one touch. Her presence in the kitchen cannot be tolerated.

"YA KANG SEULGI!"

~~~

After the unexpected event in Seulgi's apartment, Wendy decided that its best if the two grab breakfast outside. Since Wendy can't make them breakfast because she needd to pick up her parent in the airport.

So here they are. Sitting side by side inside Seulgi's car. Wendy told Seulgi that she should bring Irene to the Han River. Since it will nice for both of them because the weather really great today. 

Moreover, they could have some quality time together....as a friend. But clearly Wendy hope soomething will happen between them later. But as dumb and slow minded Seulgi is, she took Wendy's advice loud and clear. 

While Irene remain quiet all the time but still wondering where Seulgi is taking her. 

Once Seulgi parked her car in the parking area, Irene knew where they are and she literally blurted out asking why Seulgi took her here.

"Wendy said today's weather is nice. Also the scenery is beautiful here" 

Irene nodded even though she's quiet unsatisfied with Seulgi's answer. Without any further due, they went to the convenience store, buy some food for them to eat, then sit on the bench with the river view infront of them.

It's quiet nice though. With the wind breeze touching their skin and the sunlight shining so brightly in the morning. They can see some couple there eating together and some other people having their morning jog.

Meanwhile, both of them sit on the bench busy with their mind while still eating the food they had bought. During that time, Seulgi can't help but to glance everytime she see the opportunity to look at Irene.

Irene can sense it and she can see from the corner of her eyes. But she remain quiet. Still trying to think of what she should said. 

"Seul-"

"Iren-" 

Both of them look at each other startled that they just spoke at the same time. Seulgi let out a dry cough and Irene throw awya her face looking back to the view infront them.

"You first" said Seulgi.

Irene let out a sigh before she begin. 

"I can't seem to stop saying thank you to you. For saving my life. Again and again. I really indebt my life to you"

"It's alright. After all I knew Suho was coming for you again" said Seulgi which make Irene titled her head.

"How?"

"Well, he's a psychopatch the first time I met him" 

Irene agreed with her though. 

"Seulgi"

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?" Now both of them looking at each other eyes. Only focusing themself only between them.

"Where were you?" 

Seulgi remain silent. She really didn't want to say anything that might hurt the girl. 

"After you left, you never there. I-I came searching for you, asking your whereabout. But I got nothing. I was worried, Seulgi" 

The monolid girl clench her jaw. She felt at fault for the first time ever. She never meant to make the girl worried about her. She was trying to get away form her life. Not wanting any trouble came to her.

Because her life is a mess and complicated. She knew wha she capable of and she knew what her step father capable of. She doesn't want any of her friends to get in trouble because of her. 

She doesn't want to get weak and let guard down by someone. She have to be strong to fight her step father. Or maybe she doesn't want to Irene get into her life. Because her life is complicated and dark.

Also the fact that she's a law student make it more complicated. But what's more weird, despite being so aware of her complicated and dangerous life, she can't help but being pulled by Irene's charm.

She can't let herself go away from her charm that it made her always get pulled to Irene. And it really drive her crazy. 

"Seulgi, you didn't hurt me. You protect me and I'm so glad that a kind gi-"

Next thing Irene knew she felt a soft lips clashing to her lips. Making her stop talking. Her body tense up due to surprises. The taste of sweet lips and the warm sensation around her, almost drive her crazy if Seulgi didn't pulled herself away from her. 

Seulgi gulped because she knew what she did was wrong. Clearly she will receives charges from Irene because she had cross her privacy line...again. Kissing without her permission will lead her to....who knows how many years of jail time.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to-" 

Like it was a dream, Seulgi felt her lips clash to Irene as the law student push her neck then capture her lips. It took a minute for Seulgi to realize the situation. Clearly, the law student didn't complained anything about the kiss even though it was unexpected.

At the end, both Seulgi and Irene get drown into the passionate kiss. Carefully, Seulgi cupped Irene's face and kiss Irene's lips passionately. Starting from her upper lips and down to her lips. 

Irene wasn't expecting that kiss to happened really. She thought she will blurted out the law of privacy matter but she didn't. She was craving to kiss that lips once again that it make her pulled herself to Seulgi and capture her sweet lips.

Their breathing starting to get heavy but none of them wanted to stop this. Their heart are racing so heart and the butterflies in their stomach flying pretty wild in there. That it made them only focus their mind on the kiss.

None of them realize the vibrating sensation from Seulgi's pocket. Coming directly from her phone which she put in vibration mode if there is any call. But Seulgi don't want to get interupted. More like she didn't notice the vibration at all.

Which made her missed a phone call from none other than her step father. If she happen to receive the call, she will probably miss this weird sensation which really getting into her nerve and she doesn't want to miss this sensation at all.

Knowing how sweet Irene's lips are, she can't get herself pulled away and imidietly drown into her lips. That day goes by with them can't stop thinking about the kiss all day long.