Chapter 9

Knocked Out

After the event in the rainy day, the two love bird went to sleep imidietly after they arrived at home. Not realizing their best friend went missing and few missed called in their phone. 

They drifted to dreamland as soon as they throw themself to the bed. 

Morning has rise as the sun going up and the sound of birds chirping in the morning waking up one of the two girls in the bed. Still with her eyes close, she stretch her body trying to get rid of the tense muscles. 

Her eyes furrowed, trying to adjust to the light coming in to their bedroom. Then her eyes landed on the beautiful girl sleeping beside her. She smile upon seeing the love of her life sleeping beside her peacefully.

She must be tired, thought Seulgi. 

Last night, Irene went to a small nightmare and Seulgi managed to wake her up only to see Irene fell asleep as soon as she wakes up. Probably still tired after running under the heavy rain. 

Irene didn't suffer into panic attack or anxiety attack due to the nightmare. Maybe it's because Seulgi managed to calm her with her hug. Comfort her by saying it's okay that she's here with her. 

The way Irene was so scared once she was awake and then when Seulgi tried to comfort her with hug within seconds, Irene went to sleep again.

After that, Irene didn't relapse. 

This will be new for Seulgi and of course for Irene. But Seulgi didn't mind at all. As long it will help Irene to cure, she will do anything for that. First step is to make sure that Irene knows, Seulgi is okay with her waking up in the middle of the night, maybe screaming due to her nightmares and then going several rounds of hug, comforting her just to make sure she's alright.

Seulgi is fine with all that. 

All she want is for Irene to cure and to finally free from her nightmare. It might took times but Seulgi is okay to wait for that time to come. Back in the days, Irene waited for her to comeback even after she pushes her away. Right now, she will do the same for Irene. Not because she's indebt to her but because Seulgi love her.

She love Irene and because of that she will do anything for her. 

Right now, seeing Irene fell asleep so peacefully, she feel so happy and can't wait to see her progress each day. She hope by going to the psychiatrist, Irene will be better day by day. 

Seulgi tugged the hair that are covering Irene's face before she landed a kiss on Irene's forehand and pursue to the bathroom.

Once she finished with her morning routine, even after she went out from the bathroom, Irene is still sleeping. Seulgi decided not to wake her up since it's still 8 in the morning and usually, the girl will go to the office around 9 or half past nine. 

Irene need more sleep after all.

So she went out from their bedroom, going to the kitchen.

But weirdly, unlike her and Irene, Wendy usually wakes up ealier than them. It's unusual to have the kitchen and the living room emtpy without Wendy's present. 

Seulgi thought maybe Wendy still sleeping. After all, the girl said yesterday she had a very hard practice for the dance project. So maybe she still exhausted after the practice yesterday. 

Since maybe it's her first time after awhile being the first one to be awake, she decided to cook something. Well, she decided to learn how to cook. Obviously, if Seungwan is awake right now, she won't be able to lay her fingers in the kitchen. 

Seungwan knows how bad and terrible Seulgi is when it's about cooking. But for 3 month she decided to take cooking class. Even after that, Seungwan still didn't trust her cooking. So she decided to cook ONLY FOR HERSELF. Irene always insisted she do the cooking and Seulgi can't deny though since Irene dishes is much better than hers.

So yeah. This time will her first to cook for Seungwan and Irene. 

She decided to cook something simple. She have waffle ingridient and she just need to cook it on the waffle machine. 

It took about 15 minutes to cook three waffles but Seungwan still in her room. Usually she will awake when she heard something.

And so, Seulgi decided to check on Seungwan. Making sure she's alright. 

Her room is right next to Irene and Seulgi's room. It's a guest room actually since Seungwan moved out and live with Sooyoung. But just to make sure, Seulgi had her room sound proof. Just so her or Irene's guest won't here them when they are doing 'that'.

When she knock and open the door, to her surprise, Wendy isn't in her room. 

Weird. Where is she? She should be staying here. 

Seulgi went back to the living room, searching for her phone which is in her bag. Last night she just threw away her bag anywhere in the living room. Didn't even care where did it landed. Thankfully her bag landed on the couch. 

Once she reach for her phone, her battery is out. So she need to charge it. She wait for her phone to turn on and when it does, she could see bunches of missed calls from Krystal.

. I don't like this, thought Seulgi.

She press Krystal's number and put her phone near her ear.

She only need to hear two beep when the caller from the other side finally answer her phone.

"Where were you, Seul? I've called you until I lost count!," said Krystal completely mad from the way she talk.

"I'm sorry. I was with Irene last night and we got a little carried away. What's wrong? I notice Wendy is not in my apartment. Where is she?," ask Seulgi trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Doesn't matter what you were doing last night with Irene. At least I know you were with Irene last night and she's with you right now. We have something more important right now and it's about Wendy. She was kidnapped last night," said Krystal and Seulgi can hear her voice kind a trembling.

"How?! Krystal you told me you have your mens to watch us!," said Seulgi trying to hold her anger despite how furious she is.

"My men almost catch those bastard. But they were dealing with professionals! They went into car chased last night but ended up dead because apparently the other guy had back up," said Krystal explaining.

Seulgi sigh. This clearly an emergency. She can't lose Wendy. She can't lose her best friend. No. Not this time. She can't let anyone touch her friends. Not because they have revenge on her. This should be her fight. Not her friends. They can't be dragged into this.

"Do you have updates?"

Rather than dealing with her inner feelings and being mad because of the situation won't solve anything, she need to stay focus. 

"Yes. We stay awake since last night and we managed to find something. The guys who kidnapped Wendy is none other than Park Chanyeol. She was dragged in your agency basement. He was smart enough to avoid the CCTVs but I have people who are smarter than him."

"What else?"

"I sent my men to search for him. Apparently the road he was heading, there is no CCTVs there. So I sent my men to search around the area, hoping there will be abandoned buildings around there. I have Amber and her friends to search the area too" 

"You need to find her, Krys. I can't lose her" 

"We will, Seul. In the mean time, I want you and Irene to stick together. I have my men guarding your apartment incase anything bad happen. Also you need to report anything suspicious around your area. Call me if anything you feels not right. I will be there as soon as possible"

"Okay, Krys. Thank you. Make sure I got my Wendy back"

"I will" 

The call ended. Seulgi can't believe she let her guard down from protecting Wendy, her best friend. Sure Wendy is strong. She been through a lot with her back in the days but being kidnap was never one of them. 

Park Chanyeol. She didn't recall there is a person with that name during her illegal fights. Then who is he? One of Chang Wook's men? No way. Or perhaps he was one of Woo Bin's men?

Maybe. There is a lot of possibilities out there when you once involved in illegal stuffs before. She need to catch him as soon as possible before anyone who are close to her suffer. 

Right now is Wendy who knows will be next tomorrow? It could be Yeri. It could be Irene. And there is no way they will be able to get Irene. Seulgi will protect her no matter what. She risk her life to protect Irene.

"Seulgi?"

A husky voice called her name, making her turn around only to see Irene with her white oversize sweater covering her body to her thigh. She look cute. Seulgi walk to her, kiss her lips, and hug her tightly.

This behavior of Seulgi clearly indicate something happened. Especially the way her body look tense when she was on the phone and she sigh heavily after the phone ended. 

Irene hug her back before pulling herself away to meet those beautiful monolid eyes staring down at her.

"Who were you calling?" 

Her eyes suddenly turn sad and she bite her lower lips. Looking abit worried and by that Irene knew something is not right. Seulgi confirm it through her body language. 

"Do you mind? If we eat breakfast first then I tell you what happened?," asked Seulgi asking for Irene permission.

Considering the way Seulgi talk with her serious tone, this topic shouldn't be talk over breakfast. Breakfast should be fun and full of laughter. 

And what Seulgi going to talk next probably there is no laughter in it. 

But maybe Seulgi wanted to eat first. Maybe her tummy is hungry. Thinking about Seulgi's empty stomach make Irene smile as she nodded and both of them went to the kitchen counter.

Irene asked Seulgi did she cooked the waffle herself and she said yes. Didn't mean to underestimate Seulgi's cooking but it does look a bit burn but they still can eat it despite how brown it looks.

Seulgi saw Irene looking at the dishes and was about to throw them away when Irene took a bite and eat it. 

"It's good. Sit back and eat together," said Irene more like commanding Seulgi to do so. 

Unlike the other day, breakfast fill with silent. Seulgi doesn't have any appetite anymore but still managed to eat the waffle despite the burn taste she can feel in .

During breakfast, all Irene do is watching Seulgi. The way the monolid girl stay silent and didn't even bother to look at her, it only mean she's thinking about something.

But Seulgi promise she will tell her what is going on and all Irene need to do right now is wait. 

After they finished their breakfast, none of them move from their seats. They stay in silent until Seulgi made up her mind. 

"Last night, someone kidnapped Wendy," said Seulgi bringing her head up to look at Irene.

"What?"

No wonder it's so quiet in the morning, thought Irene.

"Krystal men went into a car chase but it appears that they were dealing with someone more professional than them. The other guy had back up and Krystal ended up losing her men in that car chase," explained Seulgi.

"The guy who kidnapped Wendy is Park Chanyeol" 

With her eyes wide open, Irene couldn't hide her fear anymore. Her body starting to tremble upon hearing that name. He is the one who sent her that case file.

"Irene. Krystal and Amber are professional. We can trust them and right now they are doing what they are best at," said Seulgi while reaching for Irene's hand across the dining table.

Seulgi wanted to say everything will be alright but it only mean she's lying to Irene again. She can't lie again not when they promise each other that. 

And it seems Irene know that too. That everything is not alright and from now on all they can do is stick together. 

Just hearing his name make Irene really scared. 

And Seulgi completely aware of that as she can feel Irene's body trembling when she hold her hand. Her face show fear and tears start to running down her cheeks. 

Seulgi squeeze Irene's hand for comfort and to assure her that she will be here for her.

"I will protect you, Irene. No matter what. Wendy is strong. I don't want you to worry about her just let me do that because everything that happen right now is because of me. It's my fault Wendy in danger and you too. I want you to know that I'm here. I won't leave you alone. I will protect you until it's time for me to die"

Irene can't hold it anymore. As one drop of tears start to fall, she burst into tears after that. Seulgi heart break upon seeing Irene burst into tears right infront of her. 

The law student has gone through a lot and Seulgi wish she could just run away with Irene. Far away from this mess that she had caused. But running away won't stop this mess.

It will only follow them where ever they go. The only thing Seulgi can do right now is stay by Irene side. Protect her. 

"I'm sorry, Irene. I'm sorry," said Seulgi as she went to her and hug Irene tightly. 

The girl cry inside Seulgi's hug and both her arms wrapped around Seulgi's waist. 

"I-I'm s-scared, Seul," said Irene with her crack voice. 

"I will protect you no matter the cost is. I will be here for you," said Seulgi.

~~~

"Anyone in this room! Please tell me if there is any good news!," Krystal shouting on the center of the room, facing the wide screen infront of her. 

Surrounded by her teams running around the room, busy themself infront of their computer screen trying to find the culprit they are looking for.

It's been twelve hours yet they can't still find where Chanyeol took Wendy.

Also Amber haven't call her since the last time she sent her to the field. She feel anxious and worried at the same time but she know Amber will be alright.

She's a trained sniper and Krystal doesn't really need to worry about Amber.

Amber will do everything she can in the field.

"Any updates? Guys! I need someone to talk!"

"Krystal-sshi. I detected a call from anonymous caller," said one of her team.

"Show it on the screen" 

Soon the wide screen show Wendy sitting on the chair with both hands tight on the back and her legs too. 

From the way Krystal see, Wendy have minor injuries on her face. An evidence shows that Chanyeol had done something to her. 

Seulgi won't like this. 

The blonde hair girl who are sitting on that room all alone on the center, with her head hanging down and blood spread on the floor. 

, thought Krystal. 

"Bring me Kang Seulgi and I will set her free," said a guy who Krystal knew who that is. 

"That's not how this work, Chanyeol-sshi," said Krystal only to receive evil laugh from the screen.

"You have 24 hours to bring me Kang Seulgi or her best friend die. Sure Seulgi won't like it when there is blood on her hand. And don't try to do something stupid Krystal-sshi. I know you're trying to track me through this but you can't. I will send the adress and bring Seulgi all alone. Or you she won't be able to see her best friend again and I will make sure Irene-sshi is the next victim"

And that call ended. 

"! Did you guys managed to track him?" 

Sadly, Krystal received a no as her answer. . This is going to be hard. There is no way she will let Seulgi go there alone. 

Then she heard a ding from her phone. 

It came from anonymous caller and it was the adress that Chanyeol said earlier. 

Krystal sigh. 

Then a sudden loud sound from the open door to her operation room. Reveal Amber with her friend Victoria cover with blood. They both looked mess up. 

". Amber!" 

Krystal ran towards Amber, pulling her into a hug as the sniper was about to fall down to the floor due to her tiredness.

"What happened?"

"W-we lost o-our men. There w-was a-a gun f-fight. W-we b-barely got out alive" said Amber. 

". Medic! We need medic here!"

And even though this is a really hard decision for Krystal to make, the only way to face Chanyeol is to bring Seulgi. 

Despite how much she hate that fact, she need to do that and knowing that Seulgi won't resist a fight, it made Krystal even more angry.

"Put Seulgi on the line. I need to talk to her"