Missing

Knocked Out

Irene POV

"Fight Jessi and we get Wendy back. That's the plan," said Krystal.

Just hearing that got me headache. Seulgi...I won't say she decline the offer because I know her passion was all about fighting.

Her best friend life is at risk and she will do anything to bring her back. Including risking her life for Wendy. Do I got jealous because of that? No. I'm not a kid.

It just...I don't like this idea. I have a bad feeling for this.

"Don't you have any other good plan for this, Krys?," sadly she shook her head.

Right now I'm in Krystal office room which really can provide at least 20 people in here since it's more like a penthouse rather than an office. And inside this so called under ground office, it just me, Seulgi and Krystal.

But after hearing that, everything feel so small. Suffocating, unbreathable, hot, and I can feel the room moving.

Or probably it was just my mind playing with me. 

This can't be happening. Me losing Seulgi for the second time? Did they already forget what happened to her last year?

She almost die! She got shot!

She was sent to the hospital OR for losing to much blood because the shot in her hand.

And now Krystal had no other plan than letting Seulgi out from here and fight Jessi?

The girl everyone knows she's damn strong and good at what she is. Despite she lose last year doesn't mean she didn't get the chance to practice again. Who knows how strong she is right now?

"Irene?"

Feeling the breathe starting to get short, I got panic. 

I can't even breathe properly. The sight of Seulgi starting to get dark, fading as darkness eating me alive.

Next thing I knew, I woke up inside a small cubicle lying down so damn weak with Seulgi sitting right beside me.

Her face show it all to me.

Worried. 

"You awake," she said standing up from the chair and kiss my forehead.

"Don't tell me you agreed with Krystal plan?," I still remember what happened before I collapsed.

She avoid my eyes. 

Great.

She agreed.

How can I live knowing she's risking her life fighting with Jessi?

Who knows what they will do again this time?

"Look, Irene. Look at me," I do what she said.

I know this time I can't change her mind.

All this happened because of her. She's blaming herself but I know she shouln't.

None of this will happen if her step father didn't asked her.

And I will only get tired since Seulgi won't listen to her anyways.

What I know is that Seulgi will always come back to her.

She kept that promise last year and since then she always did.

If she is sure about this plan, she is sure that she will win the fight and come back to me. 

She will make sure she come home to me safely.

I know she will do that and keep her promise like she always did.

"Promise me you will comeback to me, Seul"

"When did I ever broke that promise?," she said with a smile on her face.

"I don't feel good about this, Seul" 

She took my arm and place it on her cheek. Her eyes show that she is scared too but still look at me with love. 

Can I be selfish for once?

I want her to come home with me right now and forget about Wendy.

I know. This is mean.

But...I don't want to lose her again.

Not that I want to have my future with her.

"I'll be alright. You just need to trust me like you always do"

Just like that she managed to convince me. 

~~~

"You letting Seulgi go? JUST LIKE THAT?!" 

"What do you think I should do? Jennie. You know how stubborn Seulgi is and this is her best friend life at stake. She will risk everything to bring Wendy back even her life"

"And you agree with that?" I sigh.

"I have to. Wendy has been there for Seulgi when I'm not. I did try to convince her but she insisted" 

Jennie groan in frustration. She get up from the sofa and took a deep breathe.

Well, Jennie have the right to be mad. She know how frustrated I am and seeing me giving up like this, she know how scared and stressful I am. The reason why she is mad is because Seulgi being so selfish yet we can't blame her.

Seulgi felt she responsible for everything that happened to Wendy.

I don't blame Seulgi for this. I accept her for who she is. Everything that happened in her life now becomes mine too.

Yes I'm frustrated knowing that the love of my life will risk her life to fight someone who is more professional than her. Well, Seulgi won against her but it's been awhile since Seulgi fought. 

She has been spending her time on working.

But I bet she will nail it. 

"At some point I want to blame her but I can't. UGHHHH! I hate this!"

"Wendy is a really important person for Seulgi. If she willing to risk her life for her, I won't be mad. I mean...well yes I'm her girlfriend but what am I? Comparing to Wendy who has been there for Seulgi before I do?"

"That's not the point! You can't determine how important a person is to you base on how long you have been there for them! It is how you value the person in your life!"

"I KNOW! But can't you see? Wendy is having a hard time now! Who knows if she is dead or still alive now and Seulgi is doing her best to get her best friend back! All I need to do is support her no matter what" I yelled.

Okay. Yelling at each other won't dchange anything. Me and Jennie just wasted our energy for something useless. Guess Jennie also realize it because she didn't say anything and sit back on the sofa. 

After Seulgi took me to the bureu, Krystal wanted me to stay away from this matter. Of course I insisted to be there...for Seulgi. But they both thought its best if I just stay with Jennie for the time being since they don't want me to relapse in the middle of their business. 

So here I am. Waiting for uncertainty to become certainty. 

I hate it actually. Being unable to be there for Seulgi with this diseases. It's true though. I need to get better fast to be able to help Seulgi. 

But dealing with PTSD is hard. 

"Do you think she'll be okay?" ask Jennie. 

.

.

.

"She promise she will come back to me" 

"What if she don't?"

"JENNIE?!" 

"We're talking every possibilities that could happen! Geez!"

"I don't want to be a widow in such a young age" I said half joking.

"Since when you two got married without my approval?" 

We both couldn't handle it but to laugh. 

I can't control Kang Seulgi because she have her own way on dealing with dangerous things. What I can control is my happiness and that's what I'm doing right now. 

But still with worries of the sake of my girlfriend. Her life depends on her combat skills. I pray for her from here. Hopefully good news will come soon and I'll get my privacy time with Seulgi after all of this are done. 

Be safe Kang Seulgi...I love you. 

~~~

Third POV

"Operation to bring Wendy back....why it has to be Wendy? She suffer the same situation since last year" Seulgi said frustrated. 

"No time to think about that Seul. Her life depends on you. Remember I'll be here and if anything bad happen I will prioritize you first"

"Take Wendy. I'll be okay"

"Okay here is the deal. I'll take you both alive. No matter what. I don't want anybody to get angry at me for not doing my job properly" Seulgi chukcles.

"You're doing your job so well. Trust me" Krystal smile. 

After a little discussion about the plan, Krystal insisted she won't let Seulgi go alone. Her team will maintain 500 meters away from the building and put microphone that have a micro size hidden inside Seulgi's jacket. 

Nothing could trace it.

Krystal and Seulgi turn their head around, eyeing the empty building. From far away they could see lights inside the building. But they didn't know where they put Wendy specifically. 

They arange a meeting on 7 at night and it's only five more minutes until their meeting. 

Seulgi is ready for whatever happen in there. 

No guns at all. If combat fight its what Jessi wants....Seulgi will give it gladly. 

Krystal make sure her teams are in their position and are ready before she make a signal telling Seulgi to go now. 

ONce she is sure, she let Seulgi know about the situation and Seulgi nodded before she left and walk into the building. 

It's an empty building. Doesn't look like it was abandon. But for sure this building give chill through her spine. 

The moment she get inside the building through the main door, she could imidietly hear a loud scream. That scream is so damn familiar to her ears.

"Seungwan!!!" Seulgi yelling Wendy's name.

The screaming keep on coming. Seulgi wasn't sure where it came from but she follow her insting to the second floor. It became so clear once she come to one of the room on the second floor. 

It was indeed came from Wendy. She was being tortured by a man who is taller than Seulgi and much more big. He have broad shoulder and look very well built body.

"LET HER GO!" Seulgi yelled and the man stop from swinging his hand. He was about to punch Wendy. From far distance Seulgi could see Wendy is showered by her own blood. 

She look so damn terrible. Gosh it was supposed to be a good year for her and for everyone she love. 

She never imagine this kind of event will happen. 

"Ah Kang Seulgi. You found your way here so fast. Thought you'll be lost somewhere"

"Stay the away from her" Seulgi command.

"There will be always cost for that Kang"

As soon as Chanyeol said that, someone from the right side hit Seulgi very hard on her face. Making Seulgi stumble.

Seulgi wasn't expecting that. But it didn't stop there. The punches and kicks keep on coming like a raining ball. 

She didn't get a clear view to defense herself. 

What she did was trying so damn hard to stay alive and try to get a clear vision. 

From the way this person fighting Seulgi is sure this is Jessi. But her pattern is different.

Jessi really prepare a lot for the past one year. Feels like she is ready to kill Seulgi right here right now. 

"Stop" Chanyeol command. The person stop but Seulgi still stumble her way making her fall to the ground.

Groaning in pain as she could feel some part of her body are hurting due to the hard punches and kicks. 

Coughing and breathing is what she do right now.

She could see blood coming out from . This is worse than she thought. 

On the other hand Krystal can't help but to get panic. She wanted to go in and capture Chanyeol but she couldn't.

This is not the right time. Seulgi will give her que as a signal for her to come in. 

"How does it feels Seulgi? It's nothing comparing to what you did to Chang Wook and Woo Bin. You're friend was about to join them if you're just late a minute"

But Seulgi didn't answer. She need time to adjust with everything. 

Been awhile since the last time she fight. Sure her body need adaptation with all of these. 

"Can't we just kill her now?" ask Jessi.

"Wait. I want her to suffer" said Chanyeol.

He walks towards Seulgi pushing her body with his leg. 

Seugli groan the moment Chanyeol kick her body. Right on her broken rib last year.

. This is not good. She thought she will fight Jessi like what they did last year. Sure she wasn't expecting a sudden attack like this. . She's leeting her guard down. Wrong move Kang Seulgi. 

"Aren't you going to rescue me?" asked Seulgi quietly.

That's Krystal que.

While Krystal is busy with her team outside, Seulgi maintain herself to stay alive and try her best to fight back.

At least try to get herself to Wendy. She wanted to stay close with her best friend. 

"Why are you doing all this?" ask Seulgi

"Revenge. You should know by now since you're girlfriend best friend had solved the mystery"

"You either stop you're friend out there or I'll ask my men to kill you're girlfriend right now? With her best friend too of course" 

It literally shocked Seulgi. No. No. No.

This is wrong. 

Seulgi had no choice. 

She have tos top Krystal.

"Stop! Stop! Krystal stop where you are! They have someone eyeing them right now. You're going to kill them!"

Krystal who hear that imidietly pull her mens and curse herself. 

"Call the bureu. Ask Amber to stay with Irene. They need protection now!" said Krystal to her assitant in the bureu through her radio.

Feeling quiet dizzy and weak, Seulgi try her best to get up. But everything was useless since she's hurting real bad right now. 

From where she is right now, she could see Wendy kneeling with both her knees and arms hanging up with rope wrapped around her wrists. 

Wendy look very terrible. Blood covering her shirts and she look completely a mess. They really torture her to the maximume. 

"Why are you all doing this to me? You could just take me with you and I'll do anything you want" 

"Sounds a very good offer from you, Kang. That's exactly what I want from you. You're nice attitude" 

"Let my friend go and I'll do anything you want" 

It's a win win solution for both of them. 

Chanyeol thought about it for awhile until he nodded and order his men to take Seulgi out from the room. 

"Ya! Let her go first!"

But what Seulgi saw next was something she would never imagine. 

BAMP!

A loud sound came from pulling a trigger and it is a sound you would never want to hear. 

"WENDY!!!"

"She's going to die anyway. Come on everybody let's go!" Chanyeol order. 

"You mother er! You're murderer!"

"Me? You are the murderer, Kang. You're friend die because of you. If I were you, I would have kill myself long time ago"

Seulgi being dragged by Chanyeo;s men, leaving the building with close with tape,.

And her last vision was Wendy, kneeling on the center of the room, covered with blood and lifeless. 

She...lost her best friend....today.

Her most important person and that fact really hit her hard. 

Krystal could hear a loud sound from Seulgi's microphone.

Making her no choice but to get inside the building with her men only to find the building empty. 

They all search around the building and someone called her.

"Boss in here!" 

Krystal imidietly bring herself to the second floor and went inside a room with only little lights, making the room so dimp and humid. 

From far, she could see someone being on the center. A light highlightining the person on the center of the room. Covered with blood and heads hanging down. 

It's not Seulgi. Krystal is sure it's Wendy. 

She walk closer to the person on the center and gasp as she look so surprise to see Wendy covered with blood, eyes not showing any reaction and her pulse are weak. 

She could see shot on Wendy's right shoulder. Making her lost a lot of blood. This is not good. 

"BRING MEDIC NOW!"

~~~

Jennie make sure that Irene is distracted and focus on watching the movies or whatever they are doing.

It’s best for her to distract herself while waiting for her hero come back home. For the last two hours they have been doing lot of things. Starting from cooking, watching movies, playing cards, and lastly they clean up dishes.

Those activities were their routines during high school. More specifically before Jennie met Jisoo and before Irene met Seulgi.

For what Jennie remember, both of them have a really good time back then. They may not be sister by blood but their bond are very strong. Just like Wendy and Seulgi.

Now Jennie understand why Seulgi risk her life so much to get Wendy back. Her best friend. Of course Irene is important too but a sisterly bond is much stronger than anything in this world.

Right now Jennie and Irene are watching movies in Jennie’s living room. While Jisoo currently need to run some errands before she go back home.

While waiting for good news from Seulgi and for Jisoo to come back home, both of them decided to just chill out in the living room.

But then, Jennie received a call from unknown number. Usually she never answer unknown number. But this one…her guts told her to answer.

She doesn’t feel good about this.

So she took her phone and went to her backyard to answer the call.

“Hello? Who is this?”

“It’s Krystal”

“Krystal. What happened? Did everything go well?”

It took Krystal several minutes to answer. It’s not easy too for her to deliver this kind of message. Especially knowing that Irene will never take this news in a good way. She’s afraid something will happen to Irene and so that’s why she call Jennie.

Hopefully Jennie could deliver this news to Irene in a good way…and make sure they have close eyes on Irene.

“Seulgi went missing”


Hi! It's been awhile since the last time I updated this story. No. I didn't abandon this story. It just I kind a stuck to continue this. Okay so here is an update! Hope you guys like it and don't forget to leave comments down below. Share your thought about it and might as well give some advice for the next chapter. Goodbye and see you guys in the next chapter! Stay safe and stay healthy.