The Golden Chances

Knocked Out

Waking up feeling a bit hurt in some prt of her body, the fighter still lying down on the couch trying to get her vision back after the long sleep. The moment her vision gets back to normal, she can see around her filled with chairs, table, television, and the ceiling are quiet high with a chandelier in the center of the room. This is not her apartment at all. Then where is she?

Trying to get herself up from the couch, she felt the sting sensation on her abdomen which really hurt. She check herself. Starting from her hands which are cocer with bandage then she rub her face only to find another bandage covering the corner of her forehand on right the side. Then she realized she wasn’t wearing her clothes. She wear a yellow pajamas with shorts. She can see her knees barely covered with bandage. 

If she’s not in her apartment, she won’t be at Sunmi’s too. Then where is she? Trying so hard to make her mind remember everything but it just give her a headache.

“Good morning, Seulgi” said someone who came out from nowhere.

“Jennie?” 

Wait. Why am I in Jennie’s house? Then the memories came across her mind vicidly. She was crawling herself to Jennie’s house rather than to Sunmi because Irene came across her mind last night. They must be terrified last night.

“Now you remember?” Asked Jennie with a smile and Seulgi nodded.

“I-I’m sorry. You must be terrified last night. Where is Irene?”

“Oh yes you did. Good thing Irene knows how to treated your wound cause she insisted not to go to the hospital. And she’s right there” said Jennie pointing behind Seulgi. 

As she turned her head around, she saw Irene sleeping with uncomfortable position on the chair which was used for people to sit up straight. Her heart melted just seeing Irene sleeping like that. 

"She insisted that she need to stay with you. We can't carry you to the second floor and so we decided to let you sleep here" 

Seulgi sigh. She really didn't want to let Irene see her like this. So broken and fragile, weak. She never wanted any of this but clearly her mind wasn't in the right place last night.

Too much energy being drained after her encounter with her step father. On her way to Sunmi last night, she can't help but to think about Irene. How she missed the girl so bad that might be the reason she ended up in Jennie's place.

Ringing the bell to Jennie's house and was greeted by Irene herself. Seulgi remember how terrified Irene was upon seeing her. She was covered by blood and barely can stand by herself last night. Then after that she fainted.

Surely, Jennie and Irene was shocked about what happened to her. Glad that Jennie didn't asked anything about what happened because she clearly didn't know how explain it. She never wanted to lie to Irene nor Jennie.

"She was damn worried. I never seen her so damn worried to someone. Even with her own best friends. I can see how she looked at you. Her eyes showed how worried and terrified she was. But nevertheless, she managed to come herself down and treated your wounds. I need to go to the nearest pharmacy to bought your needs. Of course with the guidance from Irene. I'm so blind with medical stuffs. Apparently, Irene never stop surprising me" said Jennie.

She can't imagined what Irene had been through. Nevertheless, she owe her her life. For saving her life once again. 

"Come on. I made you breakfast. Irene will wake up any time soon"

~~~

The sound of birds singing and the sunlight filling the whole room, the girl sleeping on the chair can't help herself to open her eyelids. The sun has risen and her body felt sore due to the uncomfortable chair. 

But nevertheless, she managed to get a good night sleep after being terrifed by blood covering Seulgi's body. Speaking of the girl...

Irene looked directly to the couch infront of her only to found it empty. No one was there and clearly Seulgi was sleeping there last night. Did she had awaked? Did she left before telling her?

Anxious, scared, and worried knowing the girl probably had left in that condition, Irene rushed to Jennie's front door. But before she reach the door knob, Jennie called her.

"Irene. Where are you going?"

"Seulgi. Seulgi! Where is she?" asked Irene with her eyes looking so scared and terrified.

"She's at the backyard" said Jennie which made Irene rushed to the backyard.

As the sunlight shining so brightly early in the morning and the sounds of birds singing was the first thing that welcomed her in the backyard. The green beautiful grass never failed to captivated Irene's eyes. But that's not what amazed her.

Her eyes soon found the person she has been looking all over. Several questions still ringing in her head since last night. Also the grand entrance of the monolid girl, covering with blood, Irene can remember it vividly. 

Everything is clear in Irene's eyes. She is indeed terrified and wished it was only a dream. But it was real. She treated her wounds. Which somehow looks like she got them from fighting. Who was she fighting? Did someone tried to hurt her?

Irene didn't know the answers. All she have right now only quesntions and questions that pleaded to get their answers. But she knows, she won't get it soon enough. Becaue what she saw last night where she did explored the old wounds filled Seulgi's whole body, she knew those wounds came from years ago.

Some wounds are new and some are old which leaving marks there and there. The most captivating wounds was the one on Seulgi's stomach through her chest making a diagonal. 

Irene had a glimpse of it but it wasn't clear. Last night when she was going to treated Seulgi's bruise on her stomach which looks really blue and she can see slight cut around it, Irene happened to examinate the diagonal wounds.

It looks like a severe cut. Irene didn't know where did it came from but she had a feeling someone was trying to kill Seulgi. The wound looks like someone was trying to opened Seulgi's chest through her stomach. 

Like you were cutting a meat into half with a knife. It did distract Irene for awhile until she cameback to life and realize she need to threated Seulgi's wound. Also she didn't want to wake the monolid girl up due to the coldness, since last night Seulgi was only wearing her bikini's after she and Jennie changed her clothes.

Irene can't help that she did blushing last night. Seulgi's body is so hot and beautiful. But she won't take any advantage to it. She remain professional. 

Now that she's looking to the culprit to her anxiety, she felt so relieved to see her. Standing so confident and straight up with her broad shoulders, Irene felt her chest tighten. 

She was going to called Seulgi's name but it never came out. It was right on the edge of her tongue but it never came out. Just like telepathy, Seulgi turned her body around, felt like someone was looking at her.

There. Both girls staring at each other before Seulgi walk towards Irene.

Her eyes look worried and sorry. But Irene was more concern about her wounds and just how the heck Seulgi can look so good even with bandages covering most part of her body?

"Hey" said Seulgi with her husky voice.

"You shouldn't be walking around like this" said Irene.

"I'm okay"

"Seulgi y-"

"Thank you...for treating my wounds. I owe you" said Seulgi.

Her eyes staring right through Irene's eyes, looking at her so lovely, pure, and honest. Irene should be mad right now. Screaming at her for walking around in the house while her body need to rest. 

But those lovely eyes staring at her just make it so hard for her to do that. 

"I need to go now" said Seulgi. 

"What?" said irene titled her head due to surprise.

"Wendy is waiting for me at the front door"

"W-what? No. Seulgi. You need to-"

"I'll be alright, Irene. Thank you for saving me" said Seulgi with her firm smile.

But before she could leave, Irene grabbed her wrist and stare at Seulgi's eyes, pleaded with her puppy eyes.

"Please, talk to me" Irene begging.

Despite the pain on her body coming from the wounds, nothing hurt more than seeing Irene looking so desperate at her. She wished she could just said it but she can't.

It's best if she didn't say anything. Seulgi doesn't want to lie to her. 

"I'm sorry" said Seulgi and then she left.

Leaving Irene desperate with her eyes shut and tears coming out from the corner of her eyes. Next thing she knew, she cried. Falling down to her knees cannot maintain her own body weight.

~~~

"Nothing need to be stitch. Your friend had a really nice technics," said Sunmi praising Irene's ability to stitched and to treat wounds and bruises.

Seulgi put her clothes back on. After she left Jennie's house which Wendy had been waiting inside the car for almost two hours, they went straight to the hospital where Sunmi working. 

Sunmi lead them to the residents office to get her wounds checked. Nothing Sunmi should do with the wounds because apparently Seulgi's secret friend has been doing great jobs on treating her wounds.

Playing secret doctor in the community really amazed her.

"So what happened?" asked Sunmi and that is a question Wendy had been wanting to asked Seulgi inside the car.

But apparently the situation wasn't so good and Wendy decided to stay silent during the drive because Seulgi looks like she have a lot of things in her mind. Wendy didn't want to disturb her.

With a bit of hesitation, Seulgi sigh.

"I was told to knocked my opponent out in the first round. But my opponent was lot taller than me and she was really strong. I can't get her knocked out then he attacked me with two guys after I got out from that place"

"Oh my god, Seulgi. I'm sorry I wasn't there" said Wendy.

"No. If you happened to be there it will be useless or who might knows what will he do to you" said Seulgi.

"I'm sorry, Seulgi. You don't deserve to live like this" 

"What about Jennie and Irene? Did they know?" Seulgi shook her head.

"No. I didn't tell them. But it was ing hurt to see Irene begging with her eyes to talk to her. I can't. I ing can't!" said Seulgi standing up from her seat.

"Hey, calm down"

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN, SUNMI? OBVIOUSLY IRENE WAS TERRIFIED SEEING ME COVERED IN BLOOD!"

"Why?" asked Wendy.

Seulgi narrowed her eyes, looks confused at her best friend.

"What?"

"Why you care?" asked Wendy. 

Seulgi scoffed can't believe why Wendy was asking her that question.

"Well obviously because I was covered in blood, Wendy. Anyone who saw a person covered in blood will be terrified"

"We don't" 

"Oh, come on Wendy. Sunmi is a doctor"

"Yeah. But she also your friend. I'm your friend. Aren't you thinking about us? About how we felt?" 

"Wendy. That's not wh-"

"I know. Then I ask you again. Why do you care about Irene?"

"I-I" 

Wendy look at her with her face wanting answer. But obviously, Seulgi can't answer it. She didn't know why but the words just can't come out even though it had reach the edge of her tongue.

Why she cared? When Sunmi, Wendy, and Yeri are the three person who had seen her almost died in the ring. Covering with blood and almost died due lost of blood.

It's a simple question but Seulgi can't answer it.

Why?

Because even when they just met, Seulgi realized something is changing inside her. Something that only Irene could do that to her. The sensation of butterfly flying around in her stomach. 

Her chest tighten and she felt like she can't breath normally when she stare at Irene's beautiful and cute face. 

Again. Why she cared about Irene more than her best friends?

Simple. 

Because she love Irene more than just a friend.

She love her as a girl. And she just realized that fact right at this moment. Right when Wendy asked her that question and neither Sunmi and Wendy already knew it far before Seulgi realized it.

~~~

Too much thought running around inside Seulgi's head. She can't seem to walk properly. Not because she comsumed alcohol. No. She doesn't like the taste of alcohol. 

She was stumbling because her head kind a hurt. Due to overthinking. But nonetheless, she managed to arrived infront of her apartment with Wendy watching her from behind.

Completely aware of her best friend having lots of thought. 

"I'm sorry, Seulgi. I really didn't mean to-"

"No. No need to say sorry" 

Wendy clench her jaw and was about to pulled Seulgi into a hug but was interupted by a voice from behind her.

"Good evening ladies" 

A tall slim girl wearing black leather jacket with a baseball cap on. Clearly they can't see who was it because it was dark and the light is quiet dimp. With reflect, Seulgi pulled Wendy behind her, protecting her best friend.

What they can see is, the mysterious girl have black straight hair and wearing a black t-shirt beneath the leather jacket. 

"Go away before you get hurt"

"I know who you are Kang Seulgi. I've been watching you" said the girl.

"I don't need to hear any of your bull"

"Oh really? I'm here to help you" Seulgi scoffed in disbelief.

"I don't know you. Now go away"

"I know you have problems with your step father"

Just a simple sentence, it catches Seulgi and Wendy's attention. They wonder who is she and how did she know about this. The curiousity can be seen so clear from Wendy and Seulgi's face.

Wendy who was hiding behind Seulgi can't help but to take a peak to the stranger. Wondering who the hell is she.

"I can help you get out from that place. If only you willing to cooporate" 

The girl gave time for Seulgi and Wendy to think and if they wanted to talk before she continue. It seems they are interested with her offer.

"I came from the police department. My name is Krystal Jung. I'm a detective in responsible of your step father cases also the illegal fights you are currently involve" 

It didn't surprise Seulgi knowing the police department are coming over for her step father. She may not know details of what her step father doing with his life, but clearly it wasn't any good stuffs.

"Your step father is one of the most wanted criminals in Seoul. If you willing ot help us catching your step father and stop the illegal fights, I'll make sure your safety, and I make sure you will get yourself freedom" 

"How?"

"Ya, Seulgi. We didn't know if she's telling the truth" said Wendy which made the stranger grabbed her official ID and showed it to Seulgi and Wendy.

Once the two girls confirm Krystal's identity, they both nodded. 

"What do you want me to do, detective?" Seulgi asked and it made Krystal smile genuinely.

"Shall we talk about your golden chance?" 

Both Seulgi and Wendy wanted to be careful. They both know what Seulgi's step father capable of and if he happen to know Seulgi working for the police, who knows what he will do to Seulgi?

Nevertheless, both of them knew they can't take him down all by themself. They need someone who have the power and the authority to catch him legally. 

Meeting Krystal Jung and take her offer will be their best chance to catch the criminal and bring him behind the bar and let Seulgi have her own freedom finally. 

That night, Seulgi, Wendy, and Krystal discuss the plan, the opportunity, and what Seulgi gets after all this is over. They talk seriously inside Seulgi's apartment even forgetting that Seulgi need to rest after the tough fight yesterday.

Anything that can help her get out from that place and also from her step father, she willing to do anything. Also to comeback to Irene's embrace clean and never have to look back.