Trying

Knocked Out

"I can free all your charges from participating in illegal fights and illegal money from the fights. If we able to catch your step father" Krystal explained.

"Why do you want to help me?" 

It took awhile for Krystal to answer. She rest her back on the couch with her hands folded on her chest, staring at Seulgi and Wendy.  

"I told you. I have been watching you. My cases is to take down that illegal place once and for all. At the same time I need to catch your step father as he has doing lots of illegal stuffs. During my observation, I came to see you often in the fights. The almighty Kang Seulgi. Who happened to be related to your step father. I have your records back in my office."

"Telling me you ran away from home since you were child, were abused by your step father, ran away from the orphan and then live together with your friend, Kim Yerim-sshi. Whose father also own a kick boxing gym. That's where you begin to fight. When I read your records, I belive you craving for freedom."

"It didn't took long for me to came up with this idea to my boss. You never had criminals record beside the illegal fights and illegal money you received. Never got into trials and anything with illegal drugs. I assumed you are a nice child and you appears to ended up in an unlucky life. So I wanted to help you, sincerely"

"And your boss agreed with this?" Krystal smirked.

"Of course. If not, I won't be sitting here, talking to you"

Over all, Krystal did nothing beside talking to them. Nothing suspicious of any movement to ambushed Seulgi and Wendy. She came clean. Without guns and handcuff. So basically, Krystal came to Seulgi dangering her own life. 

Krystal knows what Seulgi capable of and as a cop, approaching a criminal without any safety equipment, it only mean she trusted you. 

Being suspicious and anxious is normal for both Seulgi and Wendy. Since they never came face to face with police. The illegal fight had make sure anyone who participate in the fights are far from police threat. 

They can asure their safety and won't ended up behind bars as long as they still in the illegal fights. 

Wendy and Seulgi look at each other, talking eyes to eyes. Considering this is a good offer and a golden chances for Seulgi to finally get her freedom, they might as well try it. 

But cooperating with cops, they also need to give them conditions. Just to make sure they willing to stick to their own words.

"We...will cooperate but how can we sure you are truthworthy?" asked Seulgi on behave of hers and Wendy's thought.

Krystal nodded as she had anticipated this question the second time.

"Here is my address and this is a handgun. Ruger SR9C. A 9mm caliber and it fully loaded. Feel free to come to my address and kill me if you feel I'm not sticking to my words" 

The detective put down the metal handgun, place it on the table. Seulgi watch how calm and relax the detective look. Her body languange never shown any kind suspicious movement and she also doesn't scared at all.

It only mean she said the truth and she won't broke her promise. 

The monolid girl took the gun, watching every details on it and check the safety lock is completely unlock. She was surprised though. The detective really hide the gun real well that the gun is out from her sight.

She thought the detective really came clean but no. She's not surprise though. But now, seeing the detective gave her, her own gun and her own address, Seulgi is sure they can trust the detective.

Once she look at the gun and put the safety to lock mode, then put it behind her back.

"What's the plan, detective?"

Krystal chuckled. She lean forward and smile playfully.

"Let's get into business, shall we?"

~~~

"You need to fight. I see your step father won't step to the place if the opponent that day is not worth his bet. Make sure to fight someone who worth his money. Once you get him out from his hiding, I need you to place tracker on him. We need to trace where he is and I assumed you didn't know where he is hiding. We need proof to bring him in. Strong evidence of illegal money, illegal drugs lending, and proof that he had killed numerous innoncent people through out his illegal drugs business" 

"Is that the only way? We need your help to get Seulgi out from that place! Yet here you are asking her to fight like there is no tomorrow" Wendy yelled.

"I understand your concern, Wendy-sshi. But that's the only way to drag him out from his hiding. He is good with avoiding CCTV cameras and is very aware with his surrounding"

Seulgi think that this might be a good chance for her to get out from her step father. Avoiding him forever. If it mean she need to fight numerous times even with the most powerful opppent, then she willing to do that. 

"Alright. I'll do as you say"

"Seulgi"

"Wendy-ah. I need to get out. If it only mean I need to fight and fight again, I will. You hear me detective" Krystal nodded.

Wendy clearly unhappy with Seulgi's decision. She is worried and care for Seulgi. She doesn't want her best friend to get into more dangerous fight just to get out from that place. 

"I'm aware that the opponent is order randomly. Only the host know the next opponents. So in the mean time, we will wait for the next fight. Once you get a call from your step father, call me in this number. We will meet before the fight and arrange the plan together" Krystal explained. 

"Okay. We will wait" 

And that's how their meeting went. With Wendy completely disagree with the plan, not wanting her best friend to get hurt more and more. While Seulgi didn't have any choice. 

This is her only chance to get out from her life. After years and years of fighting and live her life behind her step father shadows, she need to get out as soon as possible.

If she need to fight bigger opponents, need to fight numerous times, she will do it. Just for her to finally get her freedom. 

More than that, she can finally come up to Irene clean. No illegal stuff hunting behind her. 

Right now, she sitting inside the empty practice room after having her dance class. It's been three days after the last time she met Irene. 

This time, she didn't avoid the girl. She went to places where she will find Irene frequently on purpose. But the nerd was nowhere to be found.

Just like how she disappeared.

Seulgi realized, she might have hurt the girl. She never wanted to. 

Sitting in the center of the practice room, she let out a sigh. She miss the girl so much. Craving so hard to stay beside her and feel the warm of her body.

But she had hurted the girl. This is what she got from doing what she thought was the best. 

With heavy heart, she left the practice room since it only useless for her to stay here any longer. 

"Seulgi?" 

"Oh? Jennie"

The brunnette girl let out a smile as she came in to the practice room. She look a bit awkward and unusual with the empty room. However, the girl managed to get inside the room and stood right infront of Seulgi who have her practice bag wrapped around her right shoulder.

"What's wrong? Did anything happened to Irene?" Jennie smile and shook her head.

"I know it's been three days since the last time you see Irene" 

"Yeah. I was wondering where she is" 

"She's fine. Just need time to settle down after you left" Seulgi nodded completely agreed with Jennie.

"But if you want to meet her, she's doing part time job in a small library near the campus" 

"Thanks, Jennie" 

The brunnette girl nodded and left. Leaving Seulgi with several thought and hesitation. Whether she should come or not.

~~~

"Irene, please clean up the A section in row 5. Apparently there was a child eating there just awhile ago" said Seohyun who is sitting behind her desk work next to the library entrance door. 

"Yes, unnie"

She's wearing a white off shoulder and a white dress with classic converse shoes on. Today she doesn't have any classes to attend. Since she had finished the essay, she didn't need to come to campus for collect her essay.

So she left Jennie's house after lunch to do her part time job. She was sorry to Seohyun unnie since she's didn't come so often these past few days. 

Glad that Seohyun is understand her situation and didn't ask anything further. Because Irene didn't want to talk about either.

Since Seulgi left her in Jennie's house, she can't help but to feel so hurt. That her chest felt to tight and she can't breath properly do to the pain. She thought that she was having a heart attack.

But Jennie told her she was feeling deeply hurt because Seulgi had left her. Why though?

Why was Seulgi the reason behind her pain? 

According to the love expert a.k.a Jennie Kim, Irene love her. That it pained her to see Seulgi covered in blood and left her in that condition. 

Moreover, Irene probably hiding her anger inside knowing Seulgi leaving her behind not aware of what happened to the monolid girl. 

It only mean she wanted to protect Seulgi so bad but she can't. And it pained her to realized that she can't protect Seulgi because apparently the monolid girl remain mysterious with her life.

And so after that, Irene did came to campus but she minimalize her mobilization in order to avoid Seulgi.

She doesn't want to accidently meet the monolid girl nor talking to her for the mean time. Because she thought that if she see the monolid girl, she will end up crying and she doesn't want the monolid girl to see her crying at all.

During those time, she did having a hard time. Avoiding Seulgi is surely a hard work because everywhere she goes, she happened to met the girl. Good thing sheable to avoid her.

Hopefully she can do it forever. For the sake of her heart.

When she finally arrived in the A section row 5, she cleaned up the mess on the floor and went to the back to throw away the trash.

Then she go back inside. It's about time for the library to close. Only half minutes more then Irene will go home. She had her dinner with Seohyun just awhile ago. 

She missed this place. It's been awhile since the last time she came here and she miss the smell of the book and just the look of books being put in order.

This is her peace place. Where she doesn't need to think about anything else.

"Good evening! Welcome to Don't Say No Library!" said Seohyun as a signal of customer coming.

While walking to the front door, Irene had her head hanging down looking at her dress. Making sure she is neat and ready enough to welcome a customer.

"Welcome to-"

Irene was cut due to surprise to see who is standing infront of her right now.

A good looking monolid girl dressing up with her usual black leather jacket with black long sleeve t-shirt beneath it.

She should be running away right now. But she can't. She can't knowing that the girl she missed the most is standing right infront of her. 

Both of them stare at each other eyes. Irene clearly see how Seulgi looking at her with those monolid eyes. Saying she was sorry with her lovely eyes looking directly at her.

"Irene" said Seulgi trying to start a conversation.

But Irene didn't say anything. She didn't know what to say exactly. It's been three days since that accident and she really don't have any plan to talk to Seulgi.

Clearly she was avoiding her in campus. Now, with the culprit standing infront of her, she is dumbfounded. Didn't know what to say.

Looking at the way Irene staring at her, Seulgi knew she shouldn't have come. Clearly the bunny girl didn't want to talk to her and her presence here is not welcome at all.

She bite her lower lips feeling a bit nervous but she knows she need to do this. Despite feeling the tension between them, Seulgi decided to ignore it.

"I know how hurt you were and....I'm sorry. I-It was never my intension to hurt you" said Seulgi as she stop waiting for Irene if she wanted to say anything.

Then she continues after she didn't see any respond from Irene. 

"I-I w-was trying to protect you. N-Nothing more" 

"Protecting me from what, Seulgi?" Seulgi gulped as Irene walking closer to her. 

"Who"said Seulgi which made Irene titled her head.

"Who, Seulgi?"

Now that Irene had closed the distance between them, both of them can hardly breath. They can feel the hot sensation between them but still the tension can be felt.

"Me" 

Irene clench her jaw feeling a bit scared but she tries to let go that feeling.Even though she doesn't want to talk to Seulgi it seems she can't hold it anymore.

She need to know. She need Seulgi.

She need to understand what's going on. And what the monolid girl had said just making her even more confuse.

"Elaborated me, Seulgi" 

Seulgi had her head hanging down, looking at Irene who is a lot shorter than her. Her eyes are shut. Trying to calm her nerves.

"I can't"

"Why?" 

The monolid girl have everything she wanted to say to Irene right in the edge of her tongue. But she can't say it. She can't.

All she can do is biting her lower lips and she really going to cut her lips if it's not Irene who stop her. 

"I can't help you if you didn't tell me anything, Seulgi-ah" Seulgi gulped.

She desperately wanted to tell Irene everything. But she can't.

Realize Irene won't get her answer anytime soon, she look down clearly disappointed. 

Irene was about to leave Seulgi, turn herself around but then she can feel the sudden grip on her wrist. 

No. Seulgi didn't want to see Irene leaving her. It's egoistic really. She didn't want o see Irene leaving but in fact she left the girl alone when clearly Irene wanted her to stay in Jennie's house.

"Please. I missed you" said Seulgi.

The begging tone hiding behind the sentence, indicating how sincere and honest Seulgi is. Irene can feel her heart beating so fast that it feels like it going to get out from her ribcage anytime soon.

Irene wished she's a little girl that didn't even care about someone. But her heart is too soft and she can't help but to get weak by the monolid girl.

She sigh.

"Wait for me"

~~~

The light turn on, making the room filled with white lights. Shiining the dark room. As the two girls get inside the small apartment, they took off their shoes.

Irene told Seulgi to sit on the couch while she's making them both a couple of tea. 

Seulgi nodded. This is her second time inside Irene's small apartment. With only a single bed, one couch with only two sits, a small kitchen only provided with a stove and a sink with one door refrigerator and a small bathroom.

Even though her life is quiet complicated and dark, Seulgi never live inside this small apartment. She was lucky enough to live in an orphan with good facilities and when she lived with her step father, she still live in a normal house. Even when she live with Yeri, she still get enough space to live.

Even got a good family that really helped her thorugh her hard life. Now she have bigger apartment, she can't help but to be thankful for her life.

Seeing Irene live in here, it just make her heart sank. She wished one day Irene would like to stay with her. But seriously. When will that day come? 

After waiting for about 5 minutes, Irene placed the cups on the table infront Seulgi and sit across the monolid girl. Which indeed made Seulgi confuse.

"Why are you sitting there?"

"No reason" said Irene.

Clearly Irene still feel awkward and uncomfortable with Seulgi. She have the right to feel like that.

Both of them stay quiet. Busy with their mind. But clearly they can't stop the tension between them. The hot tension roaming between them.

Seulgi and Irene keep on taking glances at each other. While Irene can't stop taking glance through Seulgi's scar that covering most part of her face.

She can still see the wound she treated three days go. Still wondering what happened to Seulgi that day and where the hell did she got those scars from.

Seulgi realize Irene was taking glances on her scars. She can see her eyes trying to studying every marks on her. 

"You want to see it?"

It did surprise Irene because surely those marks are important for Seulgi. It's not something you can easily talk about. 

Seulgi have been thinking a lot. She knows she haven't been so open to Irene. Maybe she can tell Irene a bit about herself.

It's hard really. To open up about yourself to someone. But seriously. Until when Seulgi will address Irene as 'someone'. Clearly she is more that someone to Seulgi.

"Seulgi. I-I don't want to push you"

"I want to" 

She took off her black leather jacket, put it a side and gulp. Sure she is nervous but she try to hide it. Her eyes look at Irene, making sure if the girl is okay.

Irene did look a bit hesitated but the girl have always been wanting to know more about Seulgi. Slowly, the monolid girl took off her t-shirt and she left her body only with her bra.

Irene bite her lower lips. Staring directly at the scars she found most captivating since the first time she saw it. The second time she did have times to look at the diagonal scars.

But it was different than this one. The person clearly awake and ready to tell her the story behind that scar. Hopefully it won't triggered the monolid girl.

Seulgi trying to understand Irene. Looking at every movement she make but Irene remain in her seat. Her eyes still tracing her scars.

"Look closer" Seulgi said.

The nerd still with her rounded glasses did lean her body forward. Still not wanting to sit next to Seulgi. Seulgi found her cute in that position which made her chukcled.

"Sit next to me, Irene"

Irene was hesitated but then obey. She sit next to Seulgi, still maintaining distance between them. Eyes are lock to Seulgi's scars.

Even though Irene still making distance between them, it really useless because the couch is only for two people which they can still touch each other body without purpose.

The closer both of them, Seulgi can't help but to hold herself for not do anything that might scared the law student. Or maybe putting charges on her.

As Irene tracing her scars with her hands, Seulgi can feel her touch. Which really intimidating her. She can't help herself to gulp in nervous. Since Irene is so close to her and the feeling of her touch running around her body, completely driving her crazy.

"H-how?" asked Irene. 

"M-my step father. H-he tried to kill me.....with a knife" 

"W-why?" a question Seulgi can't help herself to answer it.

"H-how can he d-do this to you?" 

"It's in the past now"

"Still. It left a big mark here" 

Seulgi clench her jaw as what Irene said is indeed real. She grabbed Irene's hand. Placing her hand on her left chest. Irene flinched a little. A bit surprise to the sudden move. 

Irene look directly to where Seulgi brough her hand. Feeling the beat of Seulgi's heart.

"It's more painful in here" Seulgi said. 

Both girls look into each other eyes. Staring with sad but loving eyes. 

Even only a slight story about Seulgi, Irene can relate to her story. Feeling the pain the monolid girl must have been struggle with, her whole life. How could someone be so cruel to her?

The intimidation between them getting on Seulgi's nerve as she can't get herself together. Her mind going back to the time where they kissed in Han River.

It was a very beautiful moment in Seulgi's life. But even after that both girls never talked about it. Like they left it in the air unspoken. 

"What are you thinking?" Seulgi asked.

"How you have been so brave and the struggle you been into" said Irene.

With reflect, Seulgi caress Irene's cheek trying so hard to hold her hormone for not doing anything stupid. Anything without Irene's permission. 

"Seulgi"

"Can I kiss you?" 

Those beautiful doe eyes looking like a puppy, staring at her eyes. She looking for permission in those beautiful eyes. A slight nodded was made by Irene and just like that, Seulgi getting herself closer to Irene.

As thei distance getting narrow as Seulgi getting her face closer to Irene and her hands wrapping nicely behind Irene's back, their lips met.

Starting from that day, both girls realized this is what they wanted. Never wanted to depart from each other ever again.

If Seulgi hiding secrets from her than Irene willing to wait. To wait for the monolid girl to trust her fully. 

It's not a crime to wait for someone's trust. It's a chance for everyone to prove their love to the person they love the most.

Feeling the heat getting hotter and hotter, Seulgi dragged Irene's body to the bed next to the couch, letting the girl lying down on the bed not even letting their lips depart even once.

Irene's hands still place on Seulgi's abdomen and the monolid girl didn't mind at all. 

Once they let go the kiss to breath, both girls have their chest up and down like crazy. The tension between them just untolerateable.

"Seulgi"

"I love you" said Seulgi without thinking anything. Irene smiled and pulled Seulgi back to kiss her lips.

But before that, Seulgi made sure to get Irene's glasses off and put it randomly before they continue to make out until who knows when. 

 

 

HI! How was it? If there is any mistakes please forgive me. I made this chapters in 12 hours! Thinking what will be the best for this one. Hopefully you guys like it. Sorry if it shorts and nothing fun in here. I'm trying to get some idea to make this story more fun through out every chapters. I think this is the worst chapter than others. I'm so lame. Anyways, hope you guys like it and if you guys have any idea or critics, I'm always open and welcome it.