I'm Sorry

Knocked Out

"Stay still, will you?"

"I'm sorry! You told me you had experience!" 

"I do. But it's been awhile since I stitch"

"What?!"

"HOLD STILL!" 

It did made Seulgi flinched a little but she manage to hold her body. Not wanting to get the 'emergency doctor' screaming at her again. After having a lot of thought whether she should trust Irene or not, her inner thought let her trust the law student.

Who appears did have experience in medical world. But she can't stop feeling sting due to the stitch. She shouldn't have this feeling right? When someone told you they have experience, you shouldn't have to worry feeling hurt right?

Apparently, even though Irene had experience, the girl still give her the sting sensation through her skin. Overall, she can see how professional Irene is through her hand.

Just awhile ago, Irene lead her towards her apartment. A small apartment with only one bathroom, small kitchen with one door refrigerator, and a bedroom which also happen to be a living room.

A sofa is place beside the single bed. No television. Only bookshelf. Seulgi agreed with Wendy. Irene is really a nerd. But a pretty nerd. Seulgi manage to get a close up look on Irene's face.

She surely look pretty even with her rounded glasses on. Look cute actually. The way her eyebrows almost meet each other because she was too focused with stitching Seulgi's wound, Seulgi can't help but to smile.

Irene is surely pretty and cute. 

"Done" said Irene when she finally finished wrapping up the cut with bandage.

"Thanks" 

"Your welcome"

Seulgi look closer to the bandage Irene put on her hand and she smirk. She approved Irene's ability to stitch and she's not that bad at all for a law student. Sunmi will be surprise to see this knowing a girl without medical background can do such things.

Irene does have a lot of surprises. She can dance, she can stitch, she's smart. Seulgi will be able to examine Irene's skill for dancing tomorrow. She can't wait to see her.

"Thank you for saving my life, Seulgi-sshi" 

"Please drop the formality and your welcome" said Seulgi with a smile on her face. 

Then both of them fell silent. The awkward fill the small room that neither of them hate to break it. But Seulgi have to anyway since she have to go back home. Wendy probably searching for her by now. 

"I- umm...I should go now" said Seulgi standing up from the couch and Irene nodded. 

"Thanks for treating me" 

Irene nodded and grinned. The monolid girl headed to Irene's apartment door but before she left, she turn around to face the cute nerd.

"See you tomorrow" 

Irene didn't respond and Seulgi can't believe herself for saying that. Why did she do it anyway? She don't have the answer too. Then Seulgi left. Leaving Irene with red cheeks, blushing to what Seulgi had said. 

Why am I blushing? Oh my god

~~~

"Good morning students, lecturer, and staff! Welcome to our annual celebration! Everyone please enjoy the festival we have right over there. Street foods starting from Mexican foods, Asian foods, Europe! Everything you will find right there! Also we have mini arcade of there. What more exciting than all of this are the performance from our performing art students! Please anticipate it and while we are waiting, please enjoy the hospitality we had prepared"

"It's so hot today. Let's go grab some drink, shall we?" Jennie offered.

Currently the events were held up in the college garden. Lots of ornaments filling up the garden sky, such as balloons, lamps, and other stuff. The main stage located right in the middle of the garden.

While the food truck, dining table are surrounding the main stage. Today's weather is pretty nice actually. The sun shining brightly and the sky is so clear that it shows its color. Blue ocean.

Jennie, Jisoo, Rose, and Lisa are waiting for Irene's performance. She's getting ready in the backstage. She will perform in 30 minutes. They can't wait to see Irene dancing. 

None of them had seen Irene dancing. That girl is so shy like a cat. Keep on hiding behind her brilliant brain. They can't hide their feeling of excitement to finally see Irene dancing on the stage. 

After they bought their drinks and some snacks, they decided to sit in the front line. What supportive best friends. 

Meanwhile in the backstage, Irene can't hide her anxious and worriedness. She is scared and afraid if she will make mistakes during her first performance.

Even how many times Miss Hyoyeon had told her that she did great during practice and won't do any mistakes during her performance, still she kind of scared.

This will be her debut stage. Dancing all by herself on the stage meanwhile she doesn't have any experience before. She's afraid she will ruin her own stage. 

Since she had finished her make up, hair do, and costumes, she standing in the corner of the backstage. Trying to calm herself down with her eyes completely shut closed.

Breathe, Irene. Breathe. You're going to be okay. Breathe. It did helped her calming down for awhile.

But still she need something to really calm her nerve.

"Hey" Irene gently open her eyes when hear those familiar voice that had made her blushing yesterday.

"Hey" Seulgi smiled.

"You nervous?" Irene grinned.

"It's normal. Since this is will be your debut stage, I suppose" Irene nodded.

"My advice, just do it. Pretend like you're in a practice room. Doing your usual move and just enjoy it. You will finished without you knowing"

"Thanks" 

Then again. They fell into silent. None of them wanted to say anything. Just standing there while keep taking glances towards each other. Today's costume, Irene wears a white crop top with crop top denim jacket and a denim short pants. She's wearing socks reaching towards her knees and a classic converse shoes.

Overall, she did her make up quiet good. Not over, not less. Just the perfect combination. She tied her haira up to ponytail and today she's not wearing her rounded glasses.

From a cute nerd she turn into a really good looking girl in Seulgi's eyes. A wonderful young adult. Seulgi can't help but to be mesmerize by Irene's beauty. No wonder she's famous. Seulgi is just too busy with her complicated life that she didn't watch her surrounding.

"How is your cut?" asked Irene.

"Oh? Oh. No infection. My fellow friend who work as a doctor told me you really did a great job stitching my cut. The cut looks like came from a professional" 

"I told you I had experience"

"It's okay to doubt right?" 

Irene shrugged and it make both of them laughed.

"Bae Irene? You're next" Irene nodded.

"Well, good luck. I'll be watching you" said Seulgi which make Irene blushing again.

Quickly she get out from Seulgi's sight, not wanting the girl to see her blushing. 

Soon, Irene was called up to the stage by the MC. She get herself ready in position before giving signal to the staff that she is ready to go. 

"You can do this" she whispered to herself.

~~~

Once the first beat starting, Irene start to move her body following the beat. The upbeat song starting to get the crowd screaming loudly. Irene with her perfect popping dance and how her body flows really fits the song well.

Her body is so flexible. Doing some acrobatic move in the middle of her dance. Every eyes focus on her. As one of the famous students, everyone have their eyes on her. Watching every move she make on the stage.

Screaming to cheer the girl up. Apparently everyone is amaze by Irene's talent. Popping and break dance surely different from her innoncent image and everyone will be fooled if they see her wearing her rounded glasses.

She may be smart, intelegence, but surely she's more than that. She's very talented in using her body movement. Dancing through the upbeat songs and ended it perfectly.

The crowd cheer and some make standing applause due to the amazing performance from Irene. Even Jennie, Rose, Jisoo, and Lisa can't help but to scream Irene's name due to excitement.

Irene standing on the stage trying to relax her breathing before bowing to the audience and left to the back stage. 

"You did great, Irene. I know I can rely on you" said Miss Hyoyeon as the first person who greeted Irene once she's in the backstage.

"Thank you, Miss Hyoyeon. For giving me this opportunity"

"My pleasure, Irene" 

After that, Irene received a lot of compliments from the other students. Even the performing art students were amaze by her performance and they congratulated her for that. 

She surely happy because she had successfully did her performance without any mistakes. Can't wait to see her best friends reaction once she get out from the backstage.

But before she could, she can hear the MC called a familiar name with other names following. She glance to the tv monitor in the backstage and saw the familiar monolid girl standing in the center of the group. 

She wear the exact same clothes when they first met in Jisoo's party. What difference is her hairstyle. For once, Irene can't get her eyes away from the monitor.

Staring at the monolid girl dancing to Infinite- Be mine with a powerful dance move. She can't stop herself from staring at Seulgi's abs which look very captivating and angry at the moment.

Also she can see a neat scars across her stomach making a diagonal line up to her chest. Ever since the first time they met, Irene have been wondering where did the girl get the scars on her face. 

She also saw some old wounds and dry wounds on Seulgi's arm when she had to stitched her yesterday. Those scars doesn't look like she was a attempt suicide or hurting herself due to mental illness.

Then she wonder where did Seulgi got those scars from. 

Once Seulgi's performance done, Irene went outside the backstage to meet her best friends. Who imidietly hug her so tight in a group hug that she almost out of breath.

"G-guys h-help. I-I c-can't breath!" 

"OH MY GOD, IRENE! You did great earlier!" said Jisoo.

"I can't believe you could actualy dance! It was amazing!" said Rose.

Clearly her best friends really ignore how she was almost killed by them due to the tight hugging. But nevertheless, this is just how their relationship are.

"You did amazing, Irene!" said Lisa.

"Are you going to treat us for your debut stage?" teased Jennie.

"I will" the four girls scream excitedly. 

"Irene" 

Someone called her name which make her turn around only to meet Seulgi and another girl shorter than her with her hair blonde. She must be a friend of Seulgi. 

"You did great on the stage" said Seulgi with a reassuring smile.

"Thanks. You did great too" 

"Hi, I'm Wendy. Seulgi's best friend and also a performing art student. You did great job for a minor" 

Irene took the offer to handshake the blonde hair girl with a smile on her face.

"Thank you" 

"Hi! We saw you guys perform! It was great guys. Great performance!" said Rose while rising her thumbs up and Lisa did the same too.

"Thank you" said Seulgi and Wendy in unison. Irene who notice the situation realize she should introduce her best friends to Seulgi and Wendy.

"Um, this is Jennie, Rose, Jisoo, and Lisa. They are my best friend and also majoring in laws" Irene explain and the four of them shake hands with Seulgi and Wendy.

For awhile the seven girls exchanging talks, Irene can't help but to take glances to Seulgi who actually been staring at her. Irene can't help but to blush and she can feel her heart beat racing. 

Feel like her heart will come out from her ribcage anytime soon if Seulgi didn't stop staring at her with those lovely eyes. 

Irene didn't know exactly what happened to her. She never felt like this before. Like there is some weird sensation in her stomach. Also she can't deny that being closer to Seulgi kind of addicting for her.

Especially the way the girl is so mysterious in her own way that she can't seem to cross the border Seulgi had made. It's weird at how people can be so mysterious because Irene had always believe that nothing in this world is mysterious beside the world itself.

"Irene!" 

A tall guy with his handsome smile on his face appeared with a bouwet of flower in his hand. None of the girls are happy to see the guy calling Irene's name because who had called her.

"You really dare to come, Suho?" asked Jennie with her scary cat eyes. But Suho ignore her and focus his eyes to Irene. Meanwhile Seulgi just stood there watching the guy. 

Clearly Irene felt uncomfortable with Suho around due to what he had did to her in the party. She wished she won't meet him again in the future. Despite that, the guy really have his nerve to come here after what she did to Irene.

"Hey. You are amazing on the stage. This is for you" said Suho while offering Irene the bouqet but Irene didn't take it. 

She just stare it without even taking it. Suho notice it and he grab Irene's hand which make the girl flinched and Seulgi notice it. Instantly, Seulgi pull Irene and cover her. Putting Irene right behind her back.

"Go away Suho. She clearly doesn't want to see you" said Seulgi glaring at Suho.

Suho chuckled.

"Ya, I didn't talk to you. I'm talking to Irene"

"And she doesn't want to talk to you" said Seulgi. 

"What? You're her bodyguard now?" 

"Go now" said Seulgi once again. 

But Suho never step back. Of course he felt her pride is being hurt here. He can't step away just because a girl asked him to. 

"Irene, I'm really sorry for what I did. Please accept by flowers at least" 

"Come on, Irene" said Jennie and they were about to go when Suho throw the bouqet right to Seulgi.

Clearly it makes Seulgi mad because this guy right here has no manner at all. He can't be called a gentleman at all! Wendy who standing right beside Seulgi can see how her best friend dealing with this matter.

Seulgi have a temper problem and Suho shouldn't had done that to her because the next thing they knew is that Suho lying on the ground with Seulgi on top of him.

The monolid girl had kicked him until he fell down to the ground and not just that, Seulgi got herself sitting on top of Suho literally punching his face until his nose bleeds out. 

"Seulgi! Stop! He's not worth it!" Wendy pleaded out.

"Ya! You're hurting him!" said Jennie.

"Seulgi!" 

When it was only the girls and Suho, it a seconds it become crowded. People standing around them trying to see what happen there. Irene who notice the changes on Seulgi can't help but to be confuse.

Also she felt she have the responsible to this fight. After all Suho came to her and Seulgi was there to protect her but it just made everything worse.

"Seulgi! Stop! This isn't you!" Wendy screamed but Seulgi obviously didn't hear any of it.

What is running in her mind is how she imagine herself hurting her step father to death. The anger, the grudge, she can't stop it. This is how she fights during the weekends.

The face she see right now, is the face of her step father. Asking her if this is the best she can do and that she's a burden. She didn't deserve this life. She didn't deserve to live. 

It just make Seulgi so mad and angry that it make her scream and keep on punching his face. Didn't mind the scream behind her asking her to stop. Her eyes are wet because of tears.

She wanted to escape from her step father. She wanted to run for her life. But he keeps on coming and coming. How can she escape this illegal life she had been in because of her step father? Until when she should fight for her life?

"SEULGI!" 

During she lost her concious, Seulgi didn't know that she had hurt someone else beside Suho who is now lying on the ground with his face covering with his blood.

She took her time to analyze what had happened and just seeing the way she sitting on top of Suho with both hands covering with blood, obviously she's the one who did all this.

Her eyes staring at her hands with fear and terrified. But it's not comparable from what she see next. It appears, Irene ran to her and try to let her go from Suho but Seulgi pushed her away without her knowing.

She was drowned with anger and sadness that she didn't realize her surrounding. Irene lying on the ground wince to the pain on her right elbow. It seems she landed with her elbow that it make her elbows bleeds.

Seulgi was terrified and it is painful to see Irene looking at her with fear. 

"I-I" 

"Seulgi" Wendy was about to walk to her but Seulgi told her to stop.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry" 

"Seulgi" Irene called her name but the monolid girl had ran away from the crowd.