Eyes on Me

Knocked Out

"So...are you going to tell me where the hell were you?" 

Seulgi laughed.

Currently they were walking around the Namsan Tower after they bought two ice cream cone with different flavours. Irene with chocolate and vanilla, while Seulgi with chocolate mint.

They were walking holding hands in silent. Both girls are busy with their mind. 

Well, Irene didn't really think about her class. She told Jennie she skip the next class and Jennie sent her shocked emoji which made Irene laughed.

Sure Jennie is surprise. Irene never skip any classes since high school. They girl is a very strict person. 

Meanwhile, Seulgi can't hide the happiness inside her. Going around Namsan Tower which is not so crowded as she thought. Only some tourist groups and some local people came here.

She is happy because she's with Irene. Holding hands while eating ice cream. 

As they were quiet ever since they bought ice cream, now Irene asked her about where she was a week ago.

Clearly Irene have right to know where she was.

She made the law student skip class and sure it was not that easy for Irene. It's fair if she told Irene where she was. But still she feel a bit heavy because she need to lie to her.

"I went on vacation to Ansan with Wendy" 

"A week?" Seulgi nodded.

"Miss Hyoyeon told us to have a break after a very tiring day in the campus festival. We prepared the performance since last year so she thought that we need a little vacation" 

Irene bite her lips still a bit unsure of Seulgi's story but ended up believing her. 

After all, she did know that performing art students have been very crazy with the campus festival.

Then how the hell she injured her wrist?

Seulgi smiled as she saw the confuse look on Irene's face. She know the girl is really curious about her injured wrist. 

She broke her wrist due to the hard punched she gave to her opponent. Again she need to lie.

"I tripped myself when I was hiking. So yeah"

Lame excuse, Kang Seulgi

"Really?" 

Seulgi nodded. Making sure that Irene believe her story. 

"I believe you" said Irene.

It caught Seulgi's attention as she glance at Irene who are taking a bite of ice cream. 

Seulgi can see Irene is sincerely said that. Tha she believe everything she told her.

It pain her to fool the girl she love the most. 

But this is the only way to protect Irene. Protect her from the truth of life. That in order to live, sometimes you need to break the rules and that is what is she doing with Krystal.

They decided to sit on one of the bench with a beautiful view infront of them.

They can see Seoul from here as Namsan Tower is located in the higher ground.

"Just be careful next time" said Irene.

Seulgi nodded.

She noted to herself that she won't let Irene see her injured ever again.

She doesn't want Irene to get traumatic because of her. 

As they having fun looking at the beautiful view, still eating their ice cream, Seulgi can't stop glancing at Irene who really have beautiful side profile.

And Irene seems to notice it and she turn her head to face Seulgi.

"What?" Irene asked and Seulgi chuckles.

"You look beautiful...even with ice cream on the corner of your lips"

The nerd widen her eyes and she was about to wiped her lips but was stop when she felt Seulgi lips against her.

It still felt like the time stop for Irene. The way Seulgi kiss her lips gently and soft, it bring shiver through her spine.

They had done this several times yet Seulgi still gave her those magical feeling in her heart.

Once Seulgi pulled away, her eyes still locked on Seulgi's eyes. Looking at the beautiful hazey eyes and remind herself that she will cherish this moment for the rest of her life.

Seulgi smirk after she saw how red Irene is. 

"You're blushing" said Seulgi and it did make Irene touch her cheeks and panic.

"No I'm not!" 

Seulgi chuckles. Her hand tug Irene hair to the back of her ear and smile. 

"Beautiful" Seulgi said.

~~~ 

They went back to Seoul before dark since both girls are aware how dark Irene's neighborhood will be.

Seulgi didn't want to risk anything bad happen to Irene so she decided to go back early.

On the way back to Seoul, Irene fell asleep. Her head on Seulgi's shoulder, feeling the light weight on hers, Seulgi smiled.

She caress Irene's head and focus her eyes on the road.

When she was about to close her eyes, a phone call interupting her. 

She took out her phone which inside her pocket jacket, slowly. Not wanting to wake Irene up.

her phone screen show her who the caller is and she picked it up.

"Hello?" 

"Sorry to interupt you in your rest time, Seulgi" said the girl on the other side.

"It's okay detective. Do you have any updates?" 

"Yes. That's the reason why I called you" 

"Proceed"

"The tracker did worked and we found your father whereabout. But it appears they move frequently"

"So you didn't get him?"

"No. I sent some of my men to go to the latest building they went but didn't find anything. We can't catch him yet since it will endanger you and your friends. We didn't know yet if he had close eyes on you or not. But we still need to be careful because just like you said, he is smart" 

Seulgi sigh.

"So is the tracker still on?" 

"Yes. If it still on it's a good sign for all of us. Meaning he haven't find out yet"

Seulgi nodded.

"So where is he now?"

"He still in the move" 

Seulgi bite her lips. As much as she wanted the old man to get capture, they need to stick to their plan. The tracker is purposely to keep eyes on his movement. They didn't know exactly if Ji Chang Wook is with his men.

But clearly, his men is on the move which there is a possibility that Ji Chang Wook is there.

"Alright. Thank you for the update, detective"

"One more thing, Seulgi" 

"It appears your latest opponent is one of Kim Woo Bin fighters. Clearly it wasn't Jessi. I think he already knew about you and found out your appearance. Maybe he's trying to get you down before you lays your hands on Jessi" 

It did make sense to her since her opponent was way more powerful than her and more skillful than her. But even the perfect fighter have weak sides. 

Seulgi managed to knocked her out since her opponent making a really wide open opportunity for her to kicked her head untill she's down. 

So, Kim Woo Bin tried to killed her before she meet with Jessi. What a good trick.

"You need to be careful next time, Seulgi. Who knows what will happen during the next fight" 

"Yes. Alright. Thank you detective. I'll keep that in mind" 

"Sure. Good evening, Seulgi" 

She bite herlower lips feeling so stupid for being fooled by Kim Woo Bin. She should have seen this coming.

There is no way Kim Woo Bin only have one fighter. 

Everything seems to get a little worse now. Kim Woo Bin is aware of who she is and probably had been keeping his eyes on her ever since who knows when.

From now on she need to be careful with her surrounding. Not wanting anything bad happen to her love ones.

She glance at Irene who is sleeping very peacefully. Hope that the girl didn't hear anything. 

~~~

The bus stop right around their neighborhood. Seulgi wake Irene up and the nerd took her time to stretch her body before getting up and went out from the bus.

It's already nine o'clock. Because of the heavy traffice they came home a little late than they had predicted.

Just like before, Seulgi have her hand holding Irene and walk side by side.

Irene still look a bit sleepy with her eyelids still barely open.

Seulgi laughed. 

"Still sleepy?" 

Irene nodded as she pouting and it really look so cute which made Seulgi flutter.

"So, how did it feel to skip class?" Seulgi asked.

"Weird but it's a new kind of feeling" 

"It's fun. But let's not do it frequently" Irene nodded as she agreed with what Seulgi said.

The walk side by side to Irene's apartment and once they arrived, they stood still facing each other. 

Irene admiring Seulgi's face as always with her hands cuped her cheeks.

Seulgi on the other hand smirk as she felt the warm on her cheeks and both hands holding Irene's cheeks.

"Thank you for today. I love it" 

"Your welcome" 

Irene smiled then she remember the invitation Jisoo asked to Seulgi.

She just want to make sure if Seulgi really want to go.

"Seulgi"

"Hmm?" 

"Do you really want to go...this weekend?" 

Seulgi pout as she try to think what Irene referring to.

"Oh, Jisoo's invitation?" Irene nodded.

"I will go with Wendy" 

"You sure?" Seulgi taken aback a bit surprise with the sudden concern tone.

"Why? You don't want me there?" Irene shook her head.

"No. It just that...you know...they can be messy sometime" 

Seulgi laughed. 

"It's okay. As long as I'm with you" 

Irene blushed and nodded before she kiss Seulgi's cheek and went inside her apartment.

Once she is sure that Irene got insid eher apartment, Seulgi can't help but feeling so excited which made her jump like a little kid.

But then imidietly stop when she felt the sting pain on her chest.

Forgetting that she had injured her ribs. 

Seems like the soreness won't heal anytime soon. 

~~~

Irene let out a sigh after she got out from her bathroom. Just finished taking shower. 

Today was great. She can't believe she skip class today. 

It was her first time ever and she did it with Seulgi.

The girl who had took her heart. 

Taking her to Namsan Tower and let just say they had a little date there.

Looking all like an official couple.

Just thinking of they being a real couple making her blushed.

She can feel her cheeks getting hot just by thinking of that.

The feeling of Seulgi's hand in her really driving her crazy.

She never felt so happy like this and she can say that Seulgi is the greatest thing that ever happen to her. 

And she is very thankful she met Seulgi.

Even though the monolid girl haven't opening much about her, Irene didn't mind.

But she happened to eavedropping Seulgi's conversation on the phone.

It was like a flash in her ears. 

She can here Seulgi calling dtective and talking about some fights.

Clearly they are talking about something Irene had no clue of what it is. 

But slowly Irene starting to get the dots of where Seulgi get those wounds.

Fight. What kind of fight she's involved? Or is she a secret agent? A criminal?(No way!) Then who is she?

Irene had no idea but she always being pulled by Seulgi's charm. Her wounded bodies and her wounded mental health.

For Irene, Seulgi look so broken yet perfect at the same time. So mysterious but slowly she will let Seulgi open herself to her.

Hopefully whatever Seulgi do in her life, there will be nothing illegal. 

~~~

Walking to her apartment, Seulgi keep her smile on her face.

Still remembering her time with Irene in Namsan Tower. 

Finally after almost a week being kept up in the hospital and her apartment, finally she gets to see Irene.

All the feeling of missing her has finally got paid off. 

She thought that she will remain happy the moment she arrived at her apartment.

But she only met with the least person she ever wanted to meet.

The old man standing infront of her apartment door, leaning his back to the cold wall.

Seulgi feel her body gets intense to the sudden surprise. 

At this point she should have called Krystal but again. She failed.

"What's with the smile on your face?"

Seulgi clench her jaw and her hands making fists inside her pockets. 

If she can, she will kill him right now. But she know, the old man never came with empty pockets. 

Some of his man might be around here somewhere.

Already locked her in their scope. Ready to shot her anytime the old man command them or if she make any sudden attack towards their boss.

She walk closer to the old man, still leaving distance between them.

"What do you want?" 

"As always. Never want to stay too long with me, huh?" 

"If you have nothing to say, I suggest you to go"

"Or what?" asked the old man challenging him as he walk closer to Seulgi, closing the distance between them.

It made Seulgi have to pull her head up in order to stare at the old man eyes.

Seeing Seulgi remain silent and just looking at his eyes with those fierce and scary eyes, Chang Wook laughed.

He knew he always win.

"Careful with your tone, Seulgi. You don't know when will the bullet hit your head" 

"Before that happen I will make sure to lay my hands on you first" said Seulgi glaring at her step father.

Chang Wook scouf as he leaned closer to Seulgi side and whisper,

"Don't underestiment me, Kang Seulgi. I can kill you anytime I want because I have eyes locked on you. Everywhere you go, I will always be there"

It give shiver through her spine not because she's scared she will die. 

She had prepare herself for it.

What she concern the most is the people around her. 

Wendy, Irene, Sunmi, Yeri, everyone.

Maybe right now Chang Wook men have their eyes on each and every one of them.

"Leave them out of this"

Chang Wook chuckle as she lean backward and stare directly to Seulgi eyes who are now look so terrified.

"I see you having so much fun earlier. Going out with Irene-sshi. She's a pretty girl. You have a great taste" 

The anger inside her raging upon her. As she can no longer hold it.

She push Chang Wook to the wall, her hand pushing his neck while her left hand gripping the old man right wrist.

"Don't ever! Lay your filfthy hands on her!" 

"I won't. If you do what I say"

"I did everything you told me!" Chang Wook shook his head with a smirk on his face.

"From what I see, you seem being distracted by her. I told you to knocked her out in ten minutes. But what do I get? You disobey my command" 

"You should have been there. She's stronger than me! More skillful than me! I need time! !"

"I don't care your excuse. Do what I say and everyone close to you will be save" 

Seulgi clench her jaw real hard that it make her grinning in frustration. 

Her hand already making fist, ready to punch his face.

But she know she can't do that. 

And so with all the anger inside her, she punch the wall beside Chang Wook and let her hand off from Chang Wook. 

Chest going up and down as she breath heavily. 

"Or you may think of leaving them. Just to make sure they are okay" said Chang Wook before she laughed evily.

Seulgi looked up still glaring at him.

" you" Chang Wook smirk and pushed Seulgi away. Fixing his black coat and he stare at her for the last time.

"Next time, listen to my order or else, I will make sure to hurt the people close to you. Starting from Irene-sshi. She look really tasty. May have a taste of her for abit before killing her" 

"HOW DARE YOU!"

Seulgi almost hit him when someone managed to grab her hand and pulled her away from Chang Wook.

"He's not worht it, Seulgi-ah" said Wendy.

Chang Wook smirk.

"You heard me. Do it and you have my word"

And the old man left, disappearing into the darkness. 

Seulgi still panting due to theraging anger inside her.

She have her anger right on the edge and it was waiting to explode.

Good thing Wendy managed to stop her.

Or not, she will probably threw her fist right to the old man face. 

"You're okay, Seulgi. I'm here" said Wendy as she caress Seulgi's back. 

Trying to get Seulgi cooling herself down. 

Seulgi took deep breathe for three time.

That way she finally cool down. 

Her eyes still glaring to the air.

Still feeling the anger inside her but manage to calm down. 

Again she failed to catch him. Now he's threatening her, she need to think.

"Seulgi. Whatever your step father told you, I won't go. I won't leave you. And so do you" said Wendy 

Seulgi knows that. 

And there is no other way she can get rid of Wendy.

That girl is so stubborn and a very loyal best friend.

"I'm your best friend and I'm willing to go through your hard times with you. I won't let you go down by yourself. You hear me?" 

Seulgi nodded and Wendy pulled her into a hug as Seulgi slowly breaking down to tears.

There is nothing more important than her best friends safety and moreover the love of her life. Irene. 

She promise she will protect all of them...in her own ways.