Awake

Knocked Out

Irene POV

It felt like it was yesterday. When I saw Seulgi inside the ring. Fighting for her life to get out of there. Being someone I completely don't know who. Because Seulgi isn't Seulgi once she's inside the ring.

Then I will be waking up with a familiar scent fill the room and a white shining light brightening the room. With IV drop being attach to my hand, all I can do is laying down on my bed and worry feel my head.

Everything feels like it was only yesterday. But here I am. Waiting by the ICU door, taking a peak through the window to where Seulgi currently are. She is there. Laying down on the hospital bed fighting for her life.

The monitor show her heart still beating. Wires, pipes being attach to her body and I can't bear to see her like that any longer. When will Seulgi waking up? I miss you so much, babe. I want to hug you tightly and bring you to bed.

But I can't. I can't because I'm not allow to go inside the ICU room. I'm stuck by the ICU door, waiting for good news to come. But it's been three days and no progress that tells me Seulgi will be move to the regular room.

Sunmi has been helping us monitor Seulgi's condition. She said Seulgi still too weak after the operation and it's best to let her stay in the ICU for couple of days.

After what happened, I told Jennie I can't go back to work. I can't have my mind stay focus at this time and she said she will talk to Chooa to give Irene some time to rest.

Jennie and Jisoo has been occupied by their cases. Jennie handling lots of cases for divorce while Jisoo are currently focus on her very first murder case. Along side with her mentor, she will defense the victim in the court this week.

So they can't accompany Irene at the hospital. As for Lisa and Rose, both of them are currently in the  USA. They just told Irene, Jennie, and Jisoo they are going to visit Lisa's parent there. 

Basically Irene is not alone at the hospital. She still have Wendy and sometimes Krystal and Amber would come over and visit. During the day, Irene would accompany Wendy to her rehabilitation. She would help Wendy during her training and Wendy has been doing really well on her training.

As for Wendy's job, she will have hiatus for a little while until she recover. Seulgi will hiatus too. Their company heard what happened and decided that it's best if the two dancer take a rest for awhile.

Today is just like the other day, I would come to the ICU after accompanying Wendy and wait outside with her. 

"Aren't you hungry?" I asked.

"A little bit" 

"Hmm...should we order something?" 

"Sure"

I told Wendy to stay here while I order something in the first floor.

 

Seulgi POV

"Irene wait for me!" I yelled as I see Irene start to running away from me.

We were having a picnic in Hangang River when suddenly Irene splashing water to me. She was teasing me and I told her I will punish her. Then she ran away so fast than I thought.

I decided to follow her and keep calling for her name until I can finally reach her. She ran out of breathe. I chuckle to myself.

"You need to exercise more, Irene" I said.

"You're telling I'm not fit?!" said Irene acting so angry.

She so cute that I can't stop myself from pinch her cheeks. 

"Aigooo, why is my girlfriend so cute when she's angry?" Irene pout.

After both of rest for awhile, we decided to go back to our picnic place. Holding hands while we're walking, I can't stop from saying thank you that I get to finally live happily ever after with Irene. 

This is the life I have been wanting since I met Irene. The life where I could enjoy her laugh, her warmth, and her presence. No danger would harm us in any way.

A peaceful life with Irene sound so perfect in my ears. Now that I get the chance to live that life, I will protect her until death come. 

Walking back to our picnic place, we gather our stuff and decided to go back home. But before that, the sky lookso beautiful as the sun starts to get orange and purple fill the beautiful sky.

It look amazing and it would be even more beautiful if we capture this moment together.

"Come on let's take a picture" I said.

Then I took out my camera and pull Irene closer to me then capture the moment together.

When I look at the picture, weirdly I can't see me inside the picture. 

"You left me, Seul" said Irene suddenly.

"What?" 

"You left me alone in this world! You promise you will come back to me! You promise me!" Irene start to yell.

The beautiful sky I witness earlier become dark and I don't know how but Irene is no longer near me. All the things that surround me start to get dark and all of a sudden I was in a small cube.

Dark and humid. Like I was back to the ring. 

I can't see around me since it's dark and trying to get myself out from that place when suddenly a light shine. Show a certain familiar girl standing not far from where I'm standing.

"Irene?" 

"Seulgi-ah"

It's really is Irene. As I walk closer to her, she still stood there staring at me with eyes full of sadness. She's crying. 

I try to reach her and erase those tears from her eyes and she let me do it. Heart sank as I saw her crying. What happened really? Where am I? This is not real.

"Where am I, Irene?"

"You're sleeping, Seul"

"Sleeping?" 

"In the ICU" said Irene.

Then the dark room start to change form into a very bright place. Consist of cubicles and cublices seperates by curtains. 

I could see couple of people walking there to there with white dress. Then the familiar sound beeping from the machine. There, I saw myself lying down on the hospital bed with hospital gown.

String attach to my body, preventing me from dying. I was alone. Trying to survive. Then the memories suddenly flashing back. I was in Busan Pier when Irene came and Chanyeol hurt her.

Krystal and her man came to rescue us. That's when I lost my concious and here I am. Lying on the hospital bed. 

"You promise you'll come back, Seul"

"I-I did"

"But I want you to comeback safely. Without the need to come to the hospital. Yet, here you are. Lying on the hospital bed" said Irene.

"Wake up, Seul. I just want you to wake up" said Irene with her voice cracking at the end. 

"How?" 

She stare at me and cup both my cheek before she pull me closer. I can feel those warmth kiss clashing through my lips. Feeling all the love she gave me for the past one year and until now.

You must be very worried, Irene. You feel very lonely and sad. I'm sorry. I'm sorry to make you feel that way. I'm sorry I left you so long.

I need to go back to the real life. I need my real Bae Irene. 

"I love you" I said.

 

Irene POV

"Third floor"

After buying the lunch, I went back up to ICU room. Once I arrive and the lift door open, I saw Wendy standing there with her crutches on both of her armpit.

Her face look very happy and excited. 

"Wendy where are you doing?"

"Irene! I was about to go and get you since yI can't reach out your phone!"

"What? What is it?"

"Seulgi's awake"