Rooftop

Knocked Out

"Seulgi!"

"Seulgi!"

The girl running still wearing her costumes, trying to find the monolid girl who disappear after the fight in the college garden. Wendy had told her, she will be alright and now is the time for her to be alone. But Irene insisted. 

She need to see Seulgi and told her that she's alright. The wounds on her elbow is nothing compare to what Seulgi is dealing with. She can see through the monolid eyes that she was terrified.

Irene knew she didn't meant to do that. Seulgi was trying to protect her from Suho, that's all. But it ended worst and Seulgi was terrified after what she did. Especially knowing she hurted Irene unintentionally.

Now that she's running around the campus, she has no idea where the monolid girl go. The only place came to her mind was the practice room. But it's like gambling. She didn't know if she will be there or not but she will try though.

Once she stood infront of the practice room door, she can hear sobbing inside the practice room. She decided to open the door slowly and there. She can see the monolid girl sitting on the floor, hugging both her knees and her body is trembling.

Ever since the first time Irene met her, she always find the girl strong. But now, seeing the monolid girl like this makes her heart hurt. She empathize and at the same time worried.

Seulgi must have been through something in her past life that might occured the accident awhile ago. Now what Irene saw is just a broken and fragile girl that needs help.

"Seulgi?" 

But no answer. Irene walk closer towards Seulgi, slowly. Not wanting to scared the girl away. When she just one step away from Seulgi, she squat down to her knees and stare at the monolid girl.

Seulgi is crying really badly. Even though she's hiding her face behind her knees, Irene know the girl is crying really hard right now. 

"Seulgi"

"G-go away" 

"Seulgi, it's me. Irene" said Irene.

It did catch Seulgi's attention. Her body seems to get more relax but still won't get her heads up. 

"Seulgi. I'm okay"

"N-no. N-no y-you're not. I-I"

"Seulgi. You're just trying to help me. I'm okay. Thanks to you" 

The girl remain silent and it did helped Seulgi calming down. Irene didn't want to cross Seulgi's privacy but for once she wanted to hug the monolid girl. Trying to calm her nerves down and just telling her that she's here.

Irene pulled Seulgi into a hug and the monolid girl wrapped her arms around Irene's back. Irene patted Seulgi's back just to make the girl calming down. 

For awhile, they stayed in that position until Seulgi can breath properly. Then Seulgi pulled herself away from Irene, still with her head hanging down. 

"You okay?" 

"Thank y-you, Irene" Irene smiled.

"You shouldn't have seen me like this" said Seulgi.

"Seulgi-ah"

"I'm sorry...but I really have to go" 

The monolid girl stood up imidietly which make Irene a little confuse. What's wrong? Did Irene do anything wrong?

"Seulgi!"

"I promise you I won't hurt you anymore. You won't see me again. I'm really sorry, Irene" 

"Wait! Seulgi!"

But Seulgi left so quickly, leaving Irene in the practice room alone. She didn't know what she did so wrong to Seulgi that it made her said that. For once, she felt this weird feeling in her heart. 

She felt her heart beating so hard and it hurt like hell. Seeing the monolid girl left like that, she knew that moment she can't stay away from Seulgi. She wanted to be there for her.

And the monolid girl pushed her away. For the first time ever, Irene had her tears fell down on her cheeks for someone else. Someone who had took her heart away since the first time they met.

Yes. That moment, she had realized she had fallen inlove with the monolid girl. Maybe it's too fast but for Irene, there is no limited time to love someone. Even if you just met them, you can fall inlove with them imidietly because that's the power of love.

Seulgi had took her heart away and Irene willing to find her and take back her heart. But ever since then, Seulgi disappears like she never existed in this world.

She is nowhere to be found around the campus. Irene only met Wendy once and the blonde hair girl told her, Seulgi need time and that's it. But Irene wonder until when the monolid girl will hide herself from her?

~~~

Weeks passed by and yet Seulgi ended up inside Sunmi's apartment, bleeding on some part of her body. Here is a thing about illegal fights. They don't wear gloves nor any safety equitment which are required for a legal fights. 

Sometimes, Seulgi broke some of her knuckles during the fight and sometimes she struggle to walk because her opponet attempted to broke her leg which never happened.

Illegal fights are the worse place you ever been to. Sunmi and Wendy had been there. Watching Seulgi fighting for her life to live inside the ring. She may be skillful and clean but no one knows the opponent did the same or not.

Seulgi met once or twice or maybe more of opponent that used steroids during the fight. Good thing due to the side effect of steroids, Seulgi manage to knocked them out imidietly.

Opponents who used steroids during fight are likely more to lose control of their emotion and Seulgi used that opportunity to knocked them out. Hence, she is known as the queen of the knocked out.

"Ouch!"

"Stay still, Seulgi" 

Seulgi sigh. Ever since the last time she met Irene, she can't stop thinking of her. Never once in her life she let anybody touch her during her most vulnerable states. Not even Wendy and Sunmi.

But that time, she let Irene hugged her. She felt the most comfortable and safe when she's inside the girl hug. But she can't let one more person dragged into her life.

Her life is complicated and screwed up. She won't let an innoncent girl like Irene especially she's majoring in law and how she adore the laws being dragged to her illegal life.

She can't let that happened. Especially after what she saw in the practice room. Her most vulnerable states. That's why she left. She left the girl and never shown her face to her in the campus.

Seulgi managed to get away from Irene despite the desire to see her everyday. But nevertheless she can't get herself to stay away from Irene. She make some distance to watch her from far.

Feeling a little anxious and worried because she know how clumsy the girl is. Also the accident that occured week ago, Seulgi can't seem to forget it. She have feeling that Suho will comeback.

The way Suho looking at Irene is not love. It's lust. The desire of wanting to make Irene only for himself. It's just a sign that he will comeback for Irene.

Maybe it will be way worse than the last time since he probably knew by now that Seulgi isn't around anymore. So Seulgi make sure she have some distance to watch Irene. Not wanting the girl to see her at all.

Everyday she will follow the girl to her house. Making sure she is okay and after all it's not far from where she live. Nothing really happened and still she watch Irene everyday. Keeping her eyes on the law student.

"How many you got today?" asked Wendy.

"60.000" 

"That's a lot" 

"Yeah. The opponent was quiet tough. I couldn't get her knocked out during the first period" 

"She sure is tough but not as tough as you" said Sunmi still focusing herself with the stitch.

"How was your step father reacted to it?" asked Wendy.

"Well, like always. He will patted me and told me I did great then give me the money" 

"What an " said Wendy.

"Done. Change the bandage twice a day and don't forget to apply the medicine I gave you" said Sunmi. 

Today she had some bruises around her right shoulder and also a small cut on her lips also on the corner of her eyebrows. Beside that, she just need to rest after the exhausting day.

She tries to relax her shoulder but then flinched due to the pain she felt. 

"Aish, move your shoulder slowly" said Sunmi which make Seulgi grinned.

"Thank you, Sunmi" the doctor just nodded before going to the kitchen as always.

"Let's go?" asked Wendy and Seulgi nodded.

 

"Irene has been asking about you" said Wendy.

"I know"

"You do?" asked Wendy titled her head and ear a hum from Seulgi. 

"I saw you talking with her the other day" Wendy scouf.

"You've been eyeing on her?" 

"How can I not, Wendy-ah? When I felt the comfort and safety the moment she wrapped her arms around me that day"

"You should have let her in. She can help you" but Seulgi shook her head.

"She's a law student. She adore the laws and I'm a girl who broke the laws to live" 

And the night passed by with Wendy patted Seulgi's shoulder giving her comfort and just told her that she always here for her. Seulgi just sigh and hang her head down.

She's a broken, criminal, and fragile person in this world. She's like a timebomb. No one knows when will she explode. That's is why she need to stay away from people. 

Minimalize people in her life will ensure their safety.

~~~

"The seven priciples of criminal law you must study and will be out in the next exam are Legality, Actus reus(human conduct), Causation..."

Irene make sure she had everything noted down on her book. She doesn't want to miss a single notes for the important exam next week. By the time she had finished, the class is dismissed.

She and Jennie starting to gather their things before going out from the room. 

"Hey do you want to grab dinner with my family?" asked Jennie.

Irene wish she can but apparently no. It's been awhile since the last she had dinner with Jennie's family. But today she can't. She need to see Miss Hyoyeon then went to the library for her part time job.

"Sorry, I can't. I need to see Miss Hyoyeon then I have part time job"

"It's been awhile since you had dinner with my family" said Jennie pouting. 

"I know. I'm sorry. I will make it up to you later okay?" Jennie nodded then they bide goodbye to each other.

Then Irene walk directly to Miss Hyoyeon office room. Apparently the blonde teacher wanted to give her a CD of her debut stage. She said it was one of the best solo stage she ever seen from a minor.

So, to give her gratitude for Irene's hard work, she recorded her debut stage and burn the CD. When Irene arrived in Hyoyeon's office room, she took the CD and thank her beloved and talented teacher before leave the building.

It's been two weeks since the accident in the campus garden and yet the monolid girl was nowhere to be found. Irene miss the girl. She wonder where the girl is but never got the idea of her whereabout. 

At the end, Irene could only sigh. She was about to leave the campus building when suddenly someone grab her from behind. Shutting with hand which she knew it was a man hand's.

She struggling to get off from the grip because the man is so strong. She wanted to scream but she can't. Apparently there is no students in the hallway. 

Irene is being dragged to the rooftop. She been there several times to fresh her mind. Why is she being dragged there anyway? 

The man throw her body to the ground and she groan in pain. 

"It took awhile to realize your bodyguard wasn't around anymore. Now finally. Just you and me" 

She know who that voice belongs to. The only man that would want to hurt her from the very first place. Why is he so obessed with her anyway? 

"Why? Why you're doing this? You know you can get expelled for this"

"I like you. I like you a lot! I want you to be mine! You're famous!"

"You're delusional! What you did is not base on love!"

"SHUT UP! I have been waiting for this moment! You and me all alone without your bodyguard!" 

Irene can vividly see Suho attempting to open her pants and she knew then that Suho is trying to her. She step backwards on the ground didn't mind the pain she felt on her palms.

"HELPED!"

"No one can hear you in here ! Now shall we begin?" 

"NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME!" 

She close her eyes in fear and pleaded someone to rescue her from this psychopath. Then she heard Suho groaning in pain on the ground. That's when Irene open her eyes and met the girl she badly missed.

The girl covering the sunlight pointing through her eyes making the girl look a bit dark due to backlight. But Irene knew who it was. Her hero.

"You never had enough, huh? Stay away from her mother er!" said Seulgi before throwing punches to Suho who clearly in pain due to the hard impact on his stomach.

Seulgi get on top of Suho, punching his face once again after two weeks. His nose still cover with bandage. It appears that Seulgi really hit his nose hard that she broke it.

Well she didn't have any sympathy towards this man. So again she broke his nose and Suho screamed in pain again.

"Seulgi!" 

Before Seulgi could gone too far, Irene manage to stop her going too far that it will make the girl a murderer. Even if it's a self defense, still she will get into jail for this.

"I-Irene"

"Seulgi-ah" said Irene weakly.

Seulgi get off form Suho and went to Irene imidietly. She knows all this have been scary for Irene. Knowing she was about to be by Suho. The girl probably in shock right now.

Irene's eyes show fear and tears were roaming down her cheeks. She really in deep shock for what had happened and it could traumatic her. 

"You're alright, Irene" said Seulgi.

This time, she won't cross the line. She will wait for Irene to tell her what to do even though she desperate to hug Irene so much. Giving her comfort and ensure her that she is safe with her.

"C-can I hug you?" said Irene weakly and Seulgi nodded.

In a rush, she pulled Irene's body and wrapped her arms perfectly around Irene's waist. Seulgi can feel Irene's body trembling due to the shock and she sobbing real hard.

"You're safe, Irene. You're safe"