Sincerity

Knocked Out

The girl hissed furiously, letting out her anger raging inside her. Right now she's standing outside the hospital, trying to find fresh air after feeling the heat inside the small cubicle.

She try to calm herself after witnessing the stubborn Irene earlier. She can't believe Irene chose to look for Seulgi first. Don't she think she should apologize to her first for making her damn worried?

Jennie had enough with Irene. Mostly she had enough with herself being considerate with Irene. 

She had to admit, Irene action cannot be tolerate. She wasn't avoiding danger, she searching for danger! That's what Jennie can't tolerate.

But Irene love Seulgi and the reason behind her reckless action is none other than Seulgi.

But she can't blame Seulgi for what happened. They met then fell inlove and everyone will do anything for their love one.

This is frustrating yet Jennie find herself can't accept things between Irene and Seulgi. 

Somehow she think that she a lot more strict with Irene rather than Jisoo, her girlfriend. Sometimes she think that she pay more attention to Irene more than to Jisoo.

She feel guilty to Jisoo of course. But she can't help it sometimes. She grew up alone and when she met Irene, she consider her as her sister. Jennie really love Irene and everyone in her house has consider Irene as their official daughter.

Irene always there for Jennie back in high school. They unseperatable. Irene help her with school stuff, always slept over during weekend, going on a vacation with Jennie's parent.

Everything they did together and it has always been the most happiest day for Jennie. Finally she can feel the feeling of having a sister. Even though Irene wasn't her real sister, she's glad.

Thinking about old days made Jennie can't help but to sigh. She know she can't stay mad at Irene.

In the middle of thinking and sighing, Jennie felt warm hands wrapping around her. She can feel weight on her right shoulder, indicating the person is resting head on Jennie's shoulder.

Jennie didn't have to look at the person face to know who that is. 

"Are you okay now?" asked Jisoo.

"Not yet. But with you here feel a lot better" 

"You should come inside. Irene might need you now" 

The brunnette put her hands above Jisoo's which were wrapping around her waist. She turn her body around and came face to face with Jisoo.

She knows this past few months, it's always been her and Irene. Jisoo rarely came into the picture.

But Jisoo always remain patience. Keep on waiting for Jennie and always be there for her despite being so busy talking about Irene.

She's being unfair to Jisoo right now. Jisoo is her girlfriend and she didn't gave Jisoo the proper attention. She felt guilty for Jisoo.

Jisoo notice the guilty expression on Jennie's face as she tuck Jennie hair in the back of her ear. She know the reason behind that expression and all Jisoo can do is smile.

"Don't be. I completely understand" 

"No, Jisoo" said Jennie whinning.

"No. It's okay Jennie. I understand. Irene came first before me. You met her first. Both of you have the bond that I, myself, doesn't have the right to cut it. As your girlfriend, I completely understand that and I don't get jealous with you giving her more attention than to me. Don't worry Jennie-ah. Just know that I'm always here" 

The moment Jisoo said that, Jennie literally wanted to cry. She feeling even more guilty hearing those words from Jisoo.

But nevertheless, she felt very thankful to have Jisoo as her girlfriend.

There is no other girls out there that can understand her and Irene situation better than Jisoo. And that's why she love Jisoo. Jisoo is so tolerated and understandable.

She love Jisoo for that.

"I'm sorry. I will make it up to you after all of this is done" Jisoo smile.

"Don't worry. Now. Let's go back inside, shall we?" 

~~~

"Do you feel much better now?" Rose asked.

"Yeah. Did you guys waited for me all night?" 

"Well basically Jennie and Jisoo waited for you here and we slept in the car since we didn't dare to go home yet. Just to make sure you're okay" Lisa explain.

Irene only nodded feeling even more guilty for what happened earlier. 

She should have shown some respect to her best friends, especially Jennie. Both of them are like sister to each other. They suffer together, they grieve together, well basically they did everything together.

Jennie must be so damn worried for her and Irene should have consider her feeling. She should have known that.

Love blinded her and made her so reckless. How can she lied to Jennie? To her best friends? 

She know how much Jennie hate to see her dangering herself. But despite that, she was beyond thankful for what she did to herself.

Otherwise, she wouldn't got the answer she wanted. 

She may not know the reason behind why Seulgi acted like that and ended up moving on from the girl without knowing anything. 

No. Irene doesn't like that idea. For her, every act must have reasons behind it. 

Sitting comfortable with her back leaned on the top of the hospital bed frame with Lisa and Rose standing on the right side of her bed. 

Hoping that Jennie will comeback and Irene will explain everything to her. Why she did all that and she will apologize again to her. This is the least things she can do to Jennie. 

Despite knowing how much the girl had suffer because of her. 

The door to her room open, reveal two person she had waited. 

Her eyes staring at Jennie who walk closer to her with sorrow. Feeling guilty when she saw Jennie's eyebags.

"Jennie" 

Jennie standing right next to Irene's bed, staring at her with her eyes showing nothing but worried.

Still, even how many times Irene had disappointed Jennie, the brunnette girl will always find her way back to Irene. 

As both of them have many things to talk about, Jisoo sign Lisa and Rose to get out from the room. Giving the two sister a little privacy. 

Once the sound of door being closed, Irene burst into tears. As she no longer can contain the feeling of guilty inside her. Jennie quickly embrace the girl and patted her. 

Assuring Irene that everything is alright.

"I-I'm so-sorry, Jennie" said Irene sobbing.

"I'm sorry too, Irene"

"I-I didn't mean to ma-make you worried. I-it just I-I"

"You love her, I know. And you would do anything to get the answer you want. I get it"

"Jennie-ah, mianhe"

"You did made me worried. You do know how much I love you, right?" Irene nodded in the crook of Jennie's neck. 

"And because I love you, I don't want you to get hurt or I see you dangering yourself" 

"I'm sorry" Jennie sigh.

"But your crush is different and there is nothing I can do. Because I can't demand you to love someone else. If you love Seulgi then all I can ask is for you to take care of yourself" 

Jennie pull herself away from the hug because she wanted to look at Irene. 

She tuck Irene's hair to the back of her ear and smile slightly.

"D-do you h-hate Seulgi?" 

"I almost attempted to kill her" said Jennie which earn a hit from Irene and Jennie laugh.

It was a joke to lighten up the mood but seriously, Jennie had the thought about that.

Well, let Irene remain unknown about that. Irene will probably yelling at her because of that. 

What Jennie wanted is to see Irene smile and it did make her happy.

"Thank you, Jennie-ah"

"Anytime, Irene" 

They hug for the last time before Jennie say,

"Now, shall we see your soon to be girlfriend?"

~~~

"Your vitals are okay. But you still need to be careful with your chest. No more fighting, no extra practice, don't work out too much, any activity that required full energy might reopen the stitch and might damage your lungs. You're lucky the broken ribs didn't made any damages on your lungs" said Sunmi as she finished examinated Seulgi.

Seulgi had woke up since one hour ago and Sunmi was doing emergency operation when she woke up. So by the time they waited for Sunmi, Wendy had took care of Seulgi.

Helping her to eat since she can't eat all by herself for the mean time due to the gunshot injury on her right arm.

"Thank you, Sunmi. I don't know what to do without you" Sunmi chuckles with the cheesy compliment from Seulgi.

"Now that you're free, what are you going to do?" Sunmi asked.

And obviously Wendy is curious too though. She had thought of asking Seulgi that but she was too focused on helping Seulgi with eating earlier. 

So Wendy who are sitting on the couch, lean her body forward, anticipating with the answer Seulgi will give. 

Seulgi shrugged and lean her head on the bed. Acted like she didn't care at all.

Which did surprising both Wendy and Sunmi. 

"Don't you have something you wanted to do?" said Wendy with her one eyebrows up. 

"Secret" said Seulgi with her eyes close. Teasing both of her friends.

"Eyy! She must have plans in her head" said Sunmi disbelief.

"Must be going to Jeju with Irene" said Wendy half joking, half anticipating Seulgi's reaction.

But Seulgi just shrugged it off.

"Talking about Irene. Can I see her now?" 

"I haven't check on her yet. She should be awake by now" said Sunmi.

The moment Seulgi woke up, the first person she asked was Irene. No doubt these two are really mean for each other.

But Wendy managed to tell her that right now she need to rest. Goes the same way for Irene and she will be able to see her once Irene is awake.

Seulgi disagree with Wendy but Wendy managed to threatened her that she will call Sunmi right away if she disobey her.

It did made Seugli scared. Well, if she's in the hospital, Sunmi have the high command within her. If Sunmi tells her to rest, she need to rest. She didn't want to hear 'no' as answer.

Seulgi become her little dongsaeng who obeys with her command while in the hospital.

Wendy promised her that once Irene is awake and Sunmi have make sure to check her vitals, she will let Seulgi see Irene. 

But it appears that they didn't have to see Irene in her room right now cause the girl they currently talking about, is s here already.

They heard knock on the door and the door open, Irene and Jennie are there.

Still wearing her clothes from yesterday, Irene look really pale but much healthier than yesterday.

Instantly, Sunmi walk to Irene, making sure that she able to walk.

"Irene-sshi. My name is Sunmi. Your doctor also Seulgi's personal doctor, you can say. I waas about to check on you and seems like you had awake already" 

But Irene didn't answer her because her eyes are focus on Seulgi.

Who also staring at Irene with small smile on her face. 

To Irene, Seulgi look terrible.

With bandages all over her body and face, her heart sank. 

Realize she didn't get any respond from Irene, she smile. Jennie who are standing behind Irene sign Sunmi to give them some space.

Wendy quickly notice the situation and so she left the room together with Sunmi and Jennie.

After the door is closed, Irene still standing by the door, didn't have the guts to walk closer to Seulgi.

She still remember how Seulgi was shot that night. She witness everything with her bare eyes. Seulgi must have been suffering a lot. 

Seeing the monolid girl smiling on the bed, melted her heart.

Irene didn't know exactly how long Seulgi had been fighting in that illegal place, but looking at her wounds on her body, it seems she had done it for so long.

Now that the monolid girl had finally free, she knows Seulgi can finally breathe.

Ever since the first time they met, Irene always notice there is some weight that Seulgi always carrying around on her shoulder.

Something that Irene quiet didn't understand back then. But now she knew what cause the girl to have damage body. 

Irene didn't really wanted to say 'damage'. She like to consider those wounds on Seulgi's body as arts.

Where every part of the wounds tell different stories that Irene would love to hear it. 

Irene didn't mind if it will be scary, she willing to open her ears. But it might took times for Seulgi to open herself up because none of the wounds left good stories.

Maybe(?) Irene dind't know exactly.

"Come here" said Seulgi, looking at the empty seat beside her bed.

But Irene didn't do what the girl asked her. 

She bring her feet to run towards Seulgi, climbed herself up to the bed, didn't even care with the hospital rules.

She missed her. She miss everything about Seulgi.

Moreover, the nightmares she had yesterday making her even scared to lose Seulgi.

She wanted to make sure that Seulgi is safe in her embrace. Despite her not knowing and able to defense herself because she doesn't have any knowledge about that, she feel like she didn't have to worry about Seulgi because she knows that Seulgi is right beside her and she won't ever got the chance to run away from her.

Because right now, she make sure that she won't ever let the girl go without her permission. She will be possesive girlfriend.

.

.

.

Girlfriend? They haven't talk about that yet. But the thought of being in a relationship with Seulgi has always been inside her mind.

"Irene, you're going to hurt me if you squeezing me like a teddy bear" 

"You are a teddy bear!" said Irene still hugging Seulgi's body, hiding her head in Seulgi's neck, with her hands wrapping perfectly around Seulgi's waist.

"Seriously, Irene. I have broken ribs" said Seulgi a bit whinning due to the pain on her chest and her right arm.

Irene quicly pull herself away, panic that she may have hurt Seulgi unintentionally.

"I'm sorry! Did I hurt you somewhere? I'm sorry! I just miss you and you been through a lot so I thou-"

Irene didn't managed to finish her sentence the moment she felt something touching her lips.

It feel sweet just like how Irene remember. It's Seulgi lips touching against her lips. 

She can feel Seulgi is smiling within the kiss and Irene just stand her not responding to the kiss because she's too panic.

Seulgi pull away from the sudden kiss and smirk upon seeing how red Irene is.

Irene look so cute looking so embarasse because of the kiss. Well, she was blabbering so much that Seulgi didn't get the chance to speak first. 

With Seulgi sitting on the bed and Irene sitting on her thighs, their face just inch away and both of them can feel each other breathe on their skin.

The bunny girl have her head hanging down, looking all embarasse. Seulgi need to tilted Irene's chin upward in order to stare at Irene's brown eyes.

She smile while tuck Irene's hair to the back of her ear with her left arm since she still can't move her right hand. 

Once both of them stare at each other eyes, Seulgi say,

"The only thing that hurt me is to see you being drag into my personal problem. I shouldn't let you in" said Seulgi.

It took Irene to respond because somehow it pain her knowing that Seulgi doesn't want to let her in. She need to think for the best answer to make Seulgi realize that she willing to go across the whole world with Seulgi. That she willing to face danger together with Seulgi beside her.

"I love you, Seulgi and I'm telling you that it doesn't matter what danger will encounter me in the future. As long as I have you beside me, I know we will conquer the danger" 

"Irene" 

"I don't care Seulgi. I love you and I'm not stupid for loving a girl like you. I'm beyond thankful that God let me meet you because if it's not because of you I won't be the person I am right now. I won't be too blind to see that laws can fix everything and everyone adores the laws. Because of you, I open my eyes to the world" 

Seulgi remain quiet. She didn't know what to say because she doesn't have anything to say actually.

She amaze with the girl infront of her.

How she just literally say I love you even after she brought danger to her. 

And the sincerity in every words she said, it melted Seulgi's heart. 

It just made her even more realize that she doesn't deserve a girl like Irene. She's damage. She's broken. 

Staring deeply into Irene's eyes as she let her palm rest on Irene's cheek, she close her eyes. Trying to remember this moment and cherish it forever.

That she won't ever forget this moment of truth about Irene's feeling to her.

"I-I don't deserve you, Irene" 

"You do. You deserve me more than anybody else" 

Irene bring both her hands to cupped Seulgi's face as she staring at Seulgi's eyes deeply. 

She wanted to reassure Seulgi that she won't go anywhere. Even how many times Seulgi push her away, Ireen will always comeback for her. She will open every doors in the world to get back to Seulgi's embrace.

No matter what, no matter the cost is, she will eventually comeback to Seulgi.

She will conquer every danger herself if Seulgi ever try to leave her. 

"I love you, Seulgi and I won't go anywhere. I will heal your broken heart. I will heal every wounds you got everytime you came home. I will dance with you in the center of the practice room. I will make you breakfast everymorning. I will be there when you need me. I will do anything for you Kang Seulgi. Don't you see how much I love you?" 

Seulgi can't believe she met Irene. She can't believe that after all these years, running away from love, scared that if they knew what kind of life she have, they will leave.

Now that even how much effort she had put to run away from Irene, she can't bring herself to go away. 

They will always run to each other, meet again, and it will repeat again.

She don't have any other roads to go because every road she will walk through, there will always be Irene standing in the center of the roads, waiting for Seulgi.

And that moment, Seulgi realize her home, the place for her to heal herself will always be Irene. The law student who adore the laws so much. The nerd. The blabbering girl.

Seulgi smile as she bring her hand to the back of Irene's neck, pushing her face closer to close the gap between them. Eventually Seulgi can feel the sweet lips against her lips and passionately kissing each other.

And the day went by with Irene sleeping next to Seulgi on the same bed. Sure Seulgi had asked Sunmi permission and the doctor let them be even though it's against the hospital rules.

For the second time in Irene's life, she had obeys two rules in the world and she didn't mind it as long as she do it with Seulgi and for Seulgi. 

 

Fiuh! Had a hard time writing this chapter. How was it? I'm trying to make this chapter as romantic as possible. Hope you guys like it and thank you for the sincere comments. I'm really happy with the comments you guys write. It gave me some sort of energy to write. Anyways, hope you guys like it and don't forget to leave comments, upcote, and subscribe if you guys like the sotry! See you soon and stay safe!