Information

Knocked Out

"I'm alone. Irene is in the bathroom. What happened?" 

"I need you in the bureu now, Seul" 

"What? What happened? Did you bring Wendy back?" 

"No. It got a lot worse than that"

"Why? Aren't you going to tell me?" 

"I don't know if this will be good for Irene's mental state, okay? I'm sure you don't want Irene to relapse again"

"She already did...awhile ago"

"Still this is not a good idea to talk on the phone"

"Just tell me, Krys! Dammit!" 

On the other side, Krystal bite her lips. All she want is for Seulgi to hear this by herself. She doesn't want Irene to get involve in this. What will happen if she knows Chanyeol want Seulgi to go pick Wendy up by herself? And if she don't do that maybe somewhere around Seulgi will kill before she knows who.

But it will only waste time if she didn't talk to Seulgi about this right now. She's dealing with time right now and she won't risk another blood on her hands.

She sigh before she talk.

"We got a call from Chanyeol just awhile ago"

"What he said?"

"He wants you...alone"

"Well then I go"

"See?! This is why I don't want to talk about this on the phone. I need you in the bureu to talk about this. We need to arrange a plan!"

"I'm sure time is ticking right now. He's playing with time right?"

"God, Seul. Come here! Don't bring Irene"

"And what will be good if I don't bring Irene? I promise her I won't lie to her again and I'm much more relieve to have Irene by my side so I can protect her"

"That's not what I meant. You sure she able to her all of this things?" 

Deep down, Seulgi know Irene can't take it. But ever since last year, Irene is really good at hiding her emotion and it scares her. She's about to get better and awhile ago, it proves that Irene slowly starting to get herself back. 

"Seul?"

"To be honest...I'm not sure" 

"I care for you and Irene. I know you're okay with this but I don't know if Irene can...you know what I mean right?"

"I do" 

"Seul?" 

"I call you later"

Seulgi end the call.

She walk towards Irene who have herself wrapped in blanket which make her look so small. Like always, Seulgi peck her lips on Irene's forehead and Irene will never get bored for it.

"Did you sleep well?" Irene nodded.

"Who were you calling?"

Now it's the time where Seulgi should be lying to Irene. But she was hesitated in the first place. She didn't know whether telling Irene the truth is the best decision for both of them.

She saw how Irene suffer. The way she was screaming in her dream last night...it pain her. Lying to her will make it a lot worse. She done that in the past and she promise not to lie to her again.

Maybe it's best if she didn't lie to her.

Seulgi smile as she led Irene to the couch. Irene knew at this moment something serious is happening and she can't lie that she is damn nervous right now.

Both of them sit down on the couch still holding hands. Seulgi make sure to comfort Irene with the way she make little circle on the head of Irene's palm.

And it did calm Irene but only for a moment.

"I promise not to lie to you and what I'm about to say next it is something very intense and I hope you know I'm here. I'm always here to help you. Don't ever lie to me again about your illness. I'm willing to be here for the rest of my life, protecting you, helping you at all cost. You know that right?" 

Irene nodded. Despite having a mental breakdown inside, she need to be strong right now. She know that everything happen next will never be a good news.

She know she have Seulgi to deal with this and Seulgi is the only one she's asking for. 

"I know" 

Seulgi smile before she tell Irene about the news.

~~~

"Do you think it's a good idea to let Seulgi know about this?," asked Amber.

"No. Especially with Irene condition right now...I don't think it's a good idea," said Krystal who are sitting next to Amber's bed.

"Then why did you do it?"

"I have no other choice. He almost send you to your grave. I can't let that happen"

"And Seulgi? Irene? Wendy? We are responsible for them too"

"Me and Seulgi will figure this out. You just need to rest," said Krystal.

Krystal put pressure on Amber's hand to reassure her that everything will be alright. Even though either Krystal and Amber knows that this mission will be a very big challenge for all of them.

As you guys know, Amber is one of the best sniper in South Korea. She's unstoppable and mysterious during her mission. No one can beat her.

But Amber is still a human being. She can make mistakes sometimes and notice that she can also die.

Today is the proof where even the greatest can lose in the battle field sometimes. 

Of course Krystal had seen Amber in her very lowest and weakness. But they were together back then, Krystal know exactly what happened during the battle but what happened yesterday to Amber, she didn't know what happened.

Clearly it scares her to death.

What if Amber didn't managed to survive yesterday?

Krystal would have been coming over to Chanyeol and kill him herself.

They were just got back together.

And she won't let anyone hurt Amber.

"Krystal. Seulgi-sshi is here"

With that, Krystal bide goodbye to Amber and asked her to get more sleep while Krystal will be dealing with Seulgi.

When she got out from the medical room, she went to the office only to see Seulgi and Irene there.

Krystal sigh.

"Is Amber okay?," asked Seulgi sounds a bit worried. 

"A little rest will do good for her. You brought Irene too?" 

"She's safe here. You only need me to do the job. Now let's get work," said Seulgi determine to bring Wendy back. 

Sure that's what everyone wants.

But thinking about the risk of this mission, Krystal still insisted that Seulgi stay in the bureu.

She can't let Seulgi out to the field. Considering she only have the ability for body combat. She still lack of skills when it comes to using guns.

And they are running out of time.

So what is the good plan for it?

No one knows really.

"Let's talk in private, Seul. Irene you stays here"

~~~

"Hey Jisoo. Do you got a minute?," asked Jennie.

"I always have time for you, babe. Come in"

Jisoo were actually busy thinking about the murder case that happened to arrived at Irene's office days ago.

Lately she had found new evidences leading to the case. But she haven't told Jennie or Irene about this.

She need to make sure that this evidence is valid and can help them.

"What were you up to?"

"I wasn't being honest enough to you lately..." said Jisoo grinning infront of Jennie.

Wanting some mercy since she knows Jennie will kill her if she knows that Jisoo have been searching for information on Park Chanyeol case.

Which they had agree to take the case off.

But Jisoo was taught by her teacher that despite how dangerous the case is and probably will endanger your life, the person who need you is your number one priority.

Nevertheless she/he is the serial killer, you are a defense attorney and you will do anything to prove that your client is not guilty in court.

And Park Chanyeol case is clearly a life and death case.

Either it will be her or her best friends, their life won't be safe if she doesn't stop this case.

Not stop but finding information about this case would probably help their investigation on why Chanyeol is going after Seulgi and Irene.

Jennie look at her with those cat eyes looking a bit angry at her girlfriend.

She thought they agreed to not touch this again since Seulgi told them Krystal have everything under control.

"Jisoo! I thought we agreed to not touch this case anymore!"

"I know! But you know how my teacher taught me. I can't my mind off this case until I find the real reason why Chanyeol is going after Seulgi and Irene"

"We done everything we can and we found nothing"

"Yes until I found out that Chanyeol is linked to this girl name Jessi" 

For a moment, Jennie did angry at Jisoo but since they didn't found that name in their previous investigation, maybe Jisoo have something after digging this case all by herself without her notice.

Yes she's angry but her investigation has gone a lot interesting after Jisoo brought her the criminal file on Jessi's.

She looked into her files only to find lots of criminal records for the past 5 years until it stops on 2015. 

"She was in jail for about three years and got out on bail but still in probation for about two years after that. Then you can see on 2015 she doesn't have any criminal records until now"

"So?"

"I digged in a little further and it appears that Jessi was one of the members in the illegal fight Seulg was in" 

"Do you know who she worked for?" 

"That's what I'm trying to found out" 

"Where do you get this all information?" Jisoo smirked.

"Good lawyers don't tell their secrets" Jennie scouf feeling abit offended but she knows what ever Jisoo did, she must got some help from one of her friends.

And then a call come which surprise both girls.

"Hello?"

"Do you got anything?"

Jennie is listening to Jisoo seriously just like how Jisoo are talking to the person on the other line.

The next thing Jennie knew, Jisoo have her eyes wide open before she put down the phone and close her damn mouth due to surprise.

This is the reason!, thought Jisoo.

"What? Jisoo tell me!"

Jisoo looked at Jennie with horror before she say,

"She worked for Woo Bin" 

And both girls know the next thing they should do right now is calling Seulgi.

~~~

"Bringing Irene here won't do any good, Seul"

"Krys. I promise her no more lies. If there is anything that could help her heal is to be honest with her. Trust me. She'll be alright," said Seulgi trying to reassure Krystal that bringing Irene here will be okay.

But clearly Krystal still doubting Seulgi's decision.

Yet there is no time to deal with this matter because there is life in the line here.

They need to act fast and work on some plan that will free Wendy from Park Chanyeol. 

"If you're scared to let me off to the field meanwhile it's the only way to find out what Chanyeol wants from me I-"

Seulgi was cut off by her sudden phone call.

She was about to decline the phone call when she saw Jisoo's name as the caller ID.

It's unusual and rare for either Jennie or Jisoo to call her since both girls Irene's best friend.

They will call her if it's emergency.

"Who is it?"

"Jisoo," said Seulgi before answering the call.

"Jisoo, what's wrong?" 

"Before you got mad I want to let you know I've been digging up through Chanyeol's case and I found something you might interested in," said Jisoo didn't let Seulgi go mad with her decision on going through Chanyeol's case when obviously she had told her to not do that.

Since maybe Jisoo did found something on Chanyeol's case, maybe it will help. Jisoo won't call her unless it something useful or emergency situation.

"Wait, I'm with Krystal here. Let me put you on speaker"

Seulgi put Jisoo on the the speaker. Krystal furrowed her eyes on Seulgi asking what happened when Seulgi just told her to listen to what Jisoo will say next.

"So I found something about Chanyeol. It appears that Chanyeol is close to someone name Jessi. I think you heard that name before," said Jisoo.

Both girls who are in the room and listening to Jisoo looked at each other after they heard that familiar name.

Obviously it was Jessi. The one who worked with Woo Bin and was the championship in the illegal fight for several years.

What is the connection between Chanyeol and Jessi?

"Yeah, we are very familiar with that name," said Seulgi.

"Just awhile ago I found out Chanyeol is Jessi's step brother. Jessi's was adopted by Chanyeol's father who were a chief of the mafia gang. But their father ended up dead and Chanyeol is the next on line to continue his father legacy. While the brother is running to become the chief, Jessi went away from home to find her birth parent but didn't managed to get them. During that time, she needed money because living in Seoul cost alot. Someone introduce her to this illegal fight which was Woo Bin. He knows Jessi because Woo Bin is her adopted father's friend and Woo Bin offered her some help. By working with him as his fighter" 

With the information given by Jisoo, both Seulgi and Krystal tries to get the dot in order to connected the relationship between Seulgi and Chanyeol.

Maybe all of this is to take revenge on Seulgi for winning the last fight between her and Jessi.

Also this whole time Woo Bin has been helping Jessi, his death mean something for her.

But why now?

She can do it after the police ruined the illegal fight. Why wait for one year to execute their plan?

"This could be Jessi's revenge on Seulgi because the illegal fight was the place where she earn money. Also she's a championship there. With Seulgi winning over her and the illegal fight was no longer existed after I closed that place, she had nowhere else to earn money. So she hate that and wanted revenge on Seulgi and probably me. Taking our love ones is their easy target because they know it's our weakness. But why wait now? They could have done it last year when Seulgi have no protection at all. She was off guard last year," Krysal argued.

Seulgi agreed with Krystal. Everything she said make sense.

"Here. Chanyeol was in jail and got out on bail. He was caught on selling drugs and kidnapping innocent people for trafficking. Jessi sort of help him got out from jail with the bail. You know how she earned lot of money from the fight. With that money she had, she payed the bail to got Chanyeol's out. That's why they execute their plan this year," said Jisoo.

This information really help them on what they should do next.

And Krystal have something in her mind.

"Thank you for your help Jisoo-sshi. We will take this case for now. Also I think its best if you stay at home for awhile after we clear this mess. We don't know when and who he after next. I will send my men to protect you and Jennie-sshi. We will inform you if we got anything," said Krystal as she told Seulgi to cut the phone after Jisoo said goodbye.

From the way Krystal stand and the look on her face, Seulgi know she have some plan.

Even though Krystal knew Irene won't like this, this will probably be the best plan they will ever do.

And Seulgi has always been ready for whatever Krystal plan is. All she need to do is to make sure Irene agree on this and make sure that she will come home safely.

Because that's what Irene wanted.

Moreover, Seulgi doesn't want to die. No. She won't die now. She can't let her future with Irene disappear just like that.

She took a deep breathe before releasing it and clench her jaw before syaing,

"What's your plan?," asked Seulgi.

"Guns is not your think. But body combat is," said Krystal with her winning smile.

And Seulgi know what Krystal meant by that.

She smile in victory...more like smirking to Krystal because she really agree with what Krystal had just said.

"Let's fight her," said Krystal.


It's been awhile since I last update this story. Hope you guys still waiting for it. I was having writer's block and ended up updating the other story of mine. So here is an update. Hope you guys like it and still anticipate the Knocked Out Part 2 because I made this story based on you guys. I really hope that you still read this and kindly leave comments down below because I really love reading it and your comments sort of give me strenght.

So yeah. I cna't wait to read your thought about this update. Guess what happen next and let me know your thought about this! Hope you guys don't lose hope on me for not updating so long. I'm still here, just having some hard times lately and the writer's block just made it even worse. Okay. See you on the next chapter! Stay safe. Oh, also if you guys don't mind I would like to recommend the story I have been updating for the past few days.

Here is the link:   https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1451574/hypocrite

Don't worry I'll make sure to keep updating the Knocked Out Part 2 like you guys wanted. Just like I said, I dedicated this second part to my readers who requested it. I don't want to disppointed you guys. So probably I will be active for the remaining weeks until my college started. Probably around more two weeks before I start to study. So I hope you guys keep on waiting for the updates! Alright! Stay safe!