Chaos

Knocked Out

"I can't believe you went to that club all alone! DAMN IRENE I WAS WORRIED! WE ALL ARE!" 

Like a child, she hanging her head down feeling guilty after what happened to her. To tell the truth, she didn't feel guilty at all but more of afriad with her four best friend standing around the bed she currently lying down.

Jennie was furious ever since she gain concious. Sure her head hurt due to the alcohol she comsumed yesterday. Too much of alcohol she can't tolerate.

It took her an hour to fully regain her concious. Her body felt so heavy and sore. Didn't know how bad the after effect from alcohol can do to her. 

Right now, Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa, and Rose were staring at her, surrounding the bed. She had herself sitting on the bed with her back leaned on the wall. Looking so guilty but truthfully...no.

Beside Jennie, everyone were looking concern at her. While Jennie keep on throwing her anger towards Irene.

At some point, Jennie have the right to get mad at her. Because for what she remember, there's a lot of police came to the club. She didn't know the exact reason but after that she remember she was in the car.

And then she ended up here. 

She couldn't remember exactly what happened after she drink two glass of vodka. Whatever Jennie asked her it's useless because Irene can't remember every details that happened.

Jennie exhaled heavily as she finished throwing anger to Irene. After all it's kinda tiring because she know it's none of Irene fault. But she just can't believe that Irene went to the club all alone. Clearly to the place she's not aware of.

Who needs to get blame? Well Kang Seulgi herself.

But she was beyond worried about Irene last night that she didn't get the time to throw fist to the monolid girl.

"Babe, are you done?" asked Jisoo which earn a glare from Jennie. 

Jisoo gulped as she didn't want to talk again. Angry Jennie will always be scary.

"Will you please promise me, you won't ever do that again?" said Jennie pleaded. 

Despite how much she love Jennie, she really don't want to lie but she can't.

She can't go back to her normal life while Seulgi has ruin her life.

And so the answer is yes...which is completely a lie.

Jennie sigh.

"Now please clean yourself? You still smell alcohol" said Jennie, sigh before she left the room.

Followed by Jisoo, Rose, and Lisa who had their fist in the air showing their support for Irene to get better.

Irene gave them a small smile before lying her body back to the bed. 

Now that she had tried getting drunk, she promise she won't ever drink again. Then maybe...

Irene groaned in frustration. 

The thought about yesterday keep ringing in her head. Wondering what happened yesterday and if there is any hope that she can remember. 

She stare at the empty ceiling, trying to get her memories back. 

It's blurry but she can see a man sitting beside her. 

He look much older.

Irene can't remember exactly what the man was talking about but clearly he was talking to her. 

Then a certain memory of her holding a paper came across her mind. Wondering what was written on the paper. Slowly, she get herself up from the bed, going to the chair where her jacket is put.

She reach into the side pocket of the jacket and found the paper she was looking for.

It was folded so she open the paper and confuse of what is written on the paper.

kd645 Nonhyeon-ro, Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Come this Saturday, 8pm and you'll see what your hero had been doing.

Irene furrowed her eyebrows. What could possibly Seulgi doing in that area? Irene recognize that area full of night clubs and bars.

And how did that man knows what Seulgi been doing?

Who is he? 

With all the wuestions ringing inside her head and the monolid girl always left her hanging without answer, there is only one way to found out. 

And yes. From being the nerd, scaredy cat, Irene changed into a reckless girl.

Yet she didn't care. If this is the only way to found out what's going on with Seulgi, she willing to do anything to get the answer. 

~~~ 

*BAMP!

Both hands clenching on the edge of the table. The angry bear is furious for what happened to Irene. 

Ji Chang Wook has something else in his mind. 

And Seulgi can't seem to find the right answer to it. 

Why he came to Irene? 

She did what he told him to and everything went so smooth. Then what is he planning?

Right now, Krystal and Wendy are inside Seulgi's apartment. Having their mind busy thinking every possibilities of why Chang Wook came after Irene.

Wendy sitting on the couch and Krystal leaning to the wall with both hands on her chest. 

The girls are confuse and also furious.

They almost got Chang Wook but they always failed.

Why? Guess he's faster than the police department.

"So any guesses?" Wendy asked, breaking the silent.

"For now...nothing" said Krystal.

"Did you find anything in the CCTV?" Seulgi asked but Krystal shook her head in disappointment.

"It was too crowded. And he really blend in with the crowd. Too hard for us to get sight of him" 

Seulgi sigh.

Why is everything seems at the end?

They got nothing of Chang Wook and right now he probably had knew about Seulgi working with the police. 

It's only getting too dangerous for Seulgi and the people around her. 

"He probably had knew about us" said Seulgi.

"So...is the fight still continue?" asked Wendy. 

"Of course. That is the only thing he care of. That's the deal between him and Woo Bin" said Krystal.

"Is there any clue what he might be doing right now?" asked Krystal staring at Seulgi for an answer.

But to her disappointment, Seulgi shook her head.

"I don't know. I can't predict anything of his movement. All that I know is he probably targeting Irene, Wendy, Sunmi, and Yeri"

"What is his motive? I mean, you did everything he told you. So what now?" said Wendy.

What Wendy said make sense and that's what been ringing inside Seulgi mind.

"Maybe he's trying to torment me. To get me on the edge and boil my anger so when he will see getting ing mad during the fight with Jessi in order to win" said Seulgi. 

"But the match is next week. Why now?" Wendy asked.

There is a moment of silent between them. 

All the dots came running in so fast that it made Seulgi widen her eyes.

She bring her head up, turning her head to Krystal who also had the same reaction as hers.

"The match is tomorrow" said both of them in unison. 

The monolid girl exhaled in disbelief. 

Krystal scouf as she can't believe this is really happening.

But the intel clearly said the match is next week. Unless it was all a lie.

Or maybe the intel has been compromised. 

"They lying to us! This must be Kim Woo Bin. She let us got trapped into his plan so Seulgi will lose tomorrow!" said Wendy. 

Krystal and Seulgi nodded. Agreed with Wendy.

"So Chang Wook is trying help you. Why?" 

"Obviously so that he can win" said Seulgi sarcastically.

Again they fell into silent. 

Seulgi is struggling with herself. Trying to get answer if she's ready or not for tomorrow.

Surely she had prepared for her match with Jessi. But she didn't know if her mental is ready for tomorrow.

But then the image of Irene came in slashing through her mind. Like some kind of lightning.

The image of Irene kind of encouraging her to do her best and full power tomorrow.

She don't want to lose. Not that this will be her last match and soon will be free from Chang Wook.

Even though she had broke the rope between her Irene, the porcelines skin girl will always remain in her heart.

Working like some magic power for her. 

And so, she inhaled deeply, feeling the air coming into her lungs and exhaled.

She's ready.

For the sake of her life, Wendy, Sunmi, Yeri, and especially Irene. 

Her eyes showing fierce like an angry lion. Ready for the big match tomorrow. 

"I'm ready"

~~~

"And so I was thinking about our christmas holiday" said Lisa. 

"Oh come on, Lisa! Christmas is still far away!" said Rose.

"Honey. Listen to me first okay? I want to invite you and the others to my family villa in Jeju. It will be great for all of us to have christmas holiday there!" said Lisa excitedly.

Meanwhile, Jennie and Irene are in the kitchen. Making dinner for all of them. Jisoo on the other hand busy playing her Switch in the living room.

Didn't even mind the two maknae arguing with each other about christmas holiday.

Jennie with her apron on, standing behind the stove, stirring the seaweed soup she's making.

While Irene busy making kimbab beside her.

They hadn't talked since yesterday. Jennie still mad at Irene. While Irene didn't know how to cool down the furious Jennie. 

Despite that, Jennie still love her. She still care for Irene. After all they have been best friend since high school.

They have a really good bond with each other. 

Jennie knew she can't give Irene silent treatment for too long because she love the girl way too much.

"I'm sorry" said Jennie. 

Irene who were busy rolling the kimbab, stop what she was doing. 

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you" said Jennie. 

Irene form a smile on her face.

"It's my fault. No need to apologize" Irene said. 

"True though but still. I think I'm overeacting" said Jennie and Irene chuckles.

Irene stop what she was doing and went to Jennie to hug her from behind.

Jennie turn her head down, looking at Irene who has her head rested on her right shoulder. 

If anyone happen to see them like this, they might htought they are a couple.

But truthfully, they are best friend. 

Best firend who look much like a couple.

"I'm sorry. I won't do that again" said Irene. 

"You made me damn worried, Irene" said Jennie with her shaking voice.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again"

Sorry, Jennie.

And Jennie broke into tears. She was terrified and scared. Irene is everything for her.

Her best friend and a sister.

She care for Irene so much that it hurt her when Irene hurt herself.

Doing something completely out from her reach. Being reckless and stuff.

The way Jennie broke into tears really broke Irene's heart into pieces.

She hate to see Jennie like this.

But what she did is for the sake of herself. Because she can't get herself sit tight on a chair without getting answer of what really happen to Seulgi.

And right after dinner, she went to her room, getting her clothes change and sneak out from Jennie house through the window inside her bedroom.

Sorry, Jen. But I can't just sit here feeling anxious and worried for the girl I love. I need to know what is happening and if Seulgi won't tell me anything then I should find out myself. Please forgive me, Jen.

With her baseball hat on, black hoodie and black jeans, she sneak out from Jennie's house. Calling for taxi and drive off to the address written on the paper. 

~~~

"And she's going to the left, upper cut and Oh! Damn that's hard!" 

Distant chatter can be heard from the waiting room. Seulgi had herself sitted on the bench. Bending her body down, getting herself ready for the match. 

Unlike other days, she felt the waiting room gets a little too cold for her.

It might not be a good sign but she shrugged it off. Not wanting to come into weird conclusion. 

She can feel her heart beating fast as time goes by.

Sure she been through lot of matches. From easy to the hard one.

But she didn't know why she felt so nervous for this match.

Jessi have a really big name and she have lots of experience. 

Also this match will determine her fate. Will she be able to get her freedom she had been craving for?

Will she be able to get out from her horrible life?

The only way to get that answer is for her to get in the ring. 

"Seulgi-ah" 

Wendy came in and approached the fighter who are sitting on the bench.

"Everything ready?" Seulgi asked.

"Krystal have her mens surrounding the place and everything is clear" 

"Chang Wook and Woo Bin?" 

"No sign of them yet" Seulgi nodded.

They will come.

Seulgi took a deep breathe and exhaled it multiple times.

She stood up, getting herself a little warm up by jumping around lightly.

Meanwhile, Wendy keep her eyes on Seulgi. Watching her best friend getting ready.

"Yeri told me to tell you to be careful" said Wendy.

"Thanks" 

"Seulgi" 

The fighter stop jumping around once she heard the way Wendy spoke to her.

The tone of worriedness and scared can be heard. 

Seulgi form a smile trying to assure Wendy everything will be alright. 

Even though she wasn't sure if she will be okay inside the ring. 

"I'll be okay, Wendy" 

Before Wendy could speak, a man  came in.

"Seulgi! You're next" 

Seulgi noted and she patted Wendy shoulder before heading out from the room. 

Distant chatters can be heard as soon as Seulgi step out from the room.

The place full of people. Crowding the place with cheers and shouting.

Some are busy counting their moneyswhich they got from betting.

Some are buying drugs. 

Some are getting high in the corner.

Her eyes looking around, trying to find the guy she's looking for. 

Right in the middle of the crowd, she can see Krystal standing there and they make eye contact.

Krystal nodded as a sign of good luck to Seulgi and Seulgi nodded back.

Still waiting for her name to be call, she stood where she is. Have her eyes looking around the place. 

And there he is. Standing with some of his men, dressing all black from top to below. 

He just got into the place and the moment they make eye contact, Seulgi can see the grudge and hatred.

Telling her she need to win this game or something will happen. 

But somehow, she can see a little smirk on the corner of Chang Wook lips. 

Why is he smirking? 

Seulgi clench her jaw, getting abit nervous. Did she missed something?

Before she could think anything else, the MC called her name and that is her que. 

With heavy step, she get herself in to the ring. 

Give me strenght. Let me win and take back my right to have my freedom back.

~~~

A sound of door being closed can be heard behind her. Irene got out from the taxi as she arrived to her destination.

From the outside, Irene wasn't sure if this is the right place. But according to the taxi driver, this is the right address.

Still a bit hesitated, Irene got out from the car and stood infront of the metal door with a sign saying,

Snake Underground Fight

"Underground fight? Is this even legal?" said Irene to herself. 

The place is right on a dark alley with only this place existed.

She look around only to get the road empty, dark, and humid.

She didn't know this side of Seoul. 

Seoul always full of lights and seems bright also warm.

She never thought Seoul have this dark side lying among the brightness of Seoul.

From the outside, Irene can hear shouting and chattering from inside the place.

People screaming and seems to have lot of fun in there. 

She took a deep breathe before entering the place. 

Once she step into the place, she can see the place is full of people. 

Smoke from cigarettes filled the air inside the place. 

Because of her height, she cannot see what these people are cheering for. 

She walk a little far away from the door, sneaking between people and people to get a closer look to what are they cheering for.

Is this the right place? What is this? Why did that man lead me to this place when I'm trying to found out what Seulgi is doing? Seulgi would ne- 

Irene stood right where she is, when she have enough space to see what these people are cheering for. 

A high metal wall with holes and holes surrounding the ring like a cage. There she can see girl and girl fighting inside the ring.

Wearing only bra and short pants. Throwing punches and punches to each other.

The more Irene walk closer, leaving only two people infront of them, she finally get a clear sight of who those girls are in the ring. 

She had her eyes widen. Surprise to see a certain girl she known inside the ring.

Bleeding severely on some part of her body. 

Irene didn't realized she's holding her breathe the moment she saw the girl she love inside the ring. 

The moment she get inside that place, she knew this is illegal. Everything is illegal in here. 

Somehow she managed to get a glimpse of people eating illegal drugs and throw bet inside this place.

And so it only means, this fight is illegal too. 

She wanted to think that everyhting is just a dream. But it didn't.

This is very real. 

"Ah!" Irene gasped once she saw Seulgi being pushed towards the metal wall right infront of her. 

She's panting so hard that she thought she can't breathe anymore. 

The view infront of her is too brutal and cruel to watch. But why these people cheering so bad?

Her heart sank and at the same time she can feel her chest tighten. 

So this is where Seulgi got those marks on her body. Why? Why is she involve in this kind of place?

As time goes by, she felt like the cheering starting to get distant. Her eyes, her ears only focus on the girl who is fighting for her life inside the ring.

Bleeding herself severely and she look so weak inside the ring. Getting several hard punches on her face, on her chest, getting high kick on her head.

It was too brutal for Irene to watch. But she didn't know why she managed to stick her eyes with Seulgi.

Who are currently about to lose her in the ring.

And so Irene standing in the middle of the crowd, witnessing the most brutal and cruel thing she ever witnessed.

~~~

Seulgi POV

The moment I get into the ring, I can see the way Jessi staring at me. 

Glaring at me with those fierce eyes. Looking like a angry tiger. 

I try to calm myself down. Trying to get relax. 

Once the referee ask us to stood face to face, our height is not much a different. 

One advantage I have. 

When the referee talk about the rules and stuff, I felt like there is no one in this world beside me and Jessi.  

Both of us make strong eyes contact. Clearly she didn't want to lose and she knows who I am. 

In the midst of silent, we keep on staring at each other until the referee broke us apart because apparently we had our forehead touching each other. 

The intensity between us is strong. 

Nevertheless this is how everything is. She's trying to win against me and I'm trying to win against her. to finally regain my freedom. 

And to finally cath Ji Chang Wook. The mother er step father I wished I never had.

Once the referee broke us apart and the bell rang, Jessi took the first attack on me. 

I wasn't ready...or maybe lost my focus.

I let her took my guard off. Making me stumble my way backwards.

My back touches the metal wall. It didn't hurt but once she punch my stomach, I can feel the strenght from her. 

I almost puke due to the hard punch. 

She's cornering me to the wall but I managed to got out and threw side kick on her right chest.

She flinch a little but regain back her strenght. 

I'm trying to avoid her punches and kicks but she's fast. Faster than me. 

I can't get myself to punch her and kick her again. 

She managed to upper cut me, throw side kicks to me, even made me fell to the ground.

I can feel my ribs broken. 

My back hurt due to the impact I got from falling down to the ground. 

She sit on top of me, punching my faces several times. Making bloods running out from my mouth. 

It didn't took long when I finally grabbed her wrists, kick her back head, and the position got twist.

I'm on top of her, punching her face several times, but she managed to grabbed my wrist, pulling me away from her.

I stumbled my way up, trying to get up. When Jessi saw that opportunity, she pushed me to the metal wall, making me groaned in pain. 

It hurt, knowing probably some of my ribs broke again after it was healed. 

Still, I'm not giving up. I can see the frustration in her eyes. 

Asking why the hell I'm still alive. 

Well, you can't beat me easily. 

When I saw the opportuniy, the golden opportunity, she was running towards me and soon I managed to avoid her. 

Making her bump into the metal wall. 

That's the opportunity I have been waiting for. 

I kick both her knees, making her fell down to the foor. 

I grabbed her neck, wrapped my arms around her neck.

I'm really going to kill her if she didn't try to push me, making me moving backwards. 

But again, I kick her feet, making her fell to the ground again. Still with my hands wrapping around her neck.

Now I'm making sure that I put more force to her neck, making sure she's out of breathe. 

Right now, she's sstruggling to to get her off from me. Hitting my hands, sending me signs that's enough. 

But like I wasn't there at all, I keep on putting force to her neck. Ignoring the reality because right now, what I saw is Ji Chang Wook.

Struggling to breathe with my hands wrapping my hands on his neck. Putting much force to kill him.

Like I'm being by lightning, I cameback to reality when ttwo men pulling me away from Jessi. I can hear distant chatter from the corwd, somehow I can hear Wendy's voice among the crowd. 

Calling my name but I can't seem to hear it clearly. 

I can feel my chest going up and down, trying to get air inside as fast as it could. Panting to death. 

Once the referee count till ten, Jessi didn't get up. It only means I won.

I won the match.

But why I feel empty? 

"And the winner is....Kang Seulgi! She is the first person to defeat Jessi! The most powerful, strong, girl-"

My hand being lift up by the referee, a sign of me winning the match. 

People shouting my names, cheering for my victory. 

I look around the audience, trying to find Chang Wook among them. 

But then I saw Krystal looking so worried. What happen? Did they managed to catch Chang Wook and Woo BIn? 

I saw Krystal talking to one of her men. Something must be wrong. 

I was looking for Wendy in the crowds but my eyes drop to certain person.

She's wearing all black. She's wearing a black hat but I can recognize who she is. 

Her eyes looking at me...terrified....and scared.

LIke I'm some kind of a monster. My jaw clench forcefully. Feeling the painin my chest.

What is she doing in here? How did she get in here? 

But those questions didn't matter at all. I saw her looking at me disappointed and cared.

She slowly walking away from the crowd. Making her way out from this place. 

Despite running after her, once the referee put my hand down, I didn't ran after her. My eyes locked on her, making her ways out from this place. 

She saw me. She saw me but it wasn't me.

I'm being a monster in the ring and it made her scared.

Walking back to my waiting room with my head hanging down, I took a sit on the bench. Blankly staring at the mirror. 

Looking at my terrible reflection. Covering with my own blood.

I can feel pain in my chest but I ignore it.

The pain is much painful in the heart rather than the physical wounds and bruises. 

"Ya! Kang Seulgi! You made it! You finally got your freedom!" 

I can hear Wendy's voice in distant and it took time for me to answer.

"she saw it, Wendy"

"She saw me in the ring. She saw me...but what she saw wasn't me. I-I think....I think I scared her, Wendy"

My body are shaking so hard and all I can see is the image of Irene's face. Looking terrifeid at me. 

Irene. Irene. Irene.

The moment I got so afraid as my body trembling so hard, I can vividly hear several gunshots from outside. 

Both me and Wendy turned our head towards the door. Something is not right. 

Quickly I put back my clothes on and my jeans, before going out from the room. 

The place is filled with white smoke. The crowd scatter for their life. Running out from the place trying to save their life. 

Gunshots and gunshots filled the room. 

I can't see Krystal nor her men. 

"Where is Krystal?!"

"I don't know! I can't see!" said Wendy who are standing right beside me.

I groaned in frustration. We need to get out from here.

"We need to get out from here!" I said and Wendy nodded.

I lead the way out from that place. Heding towards the metal door which leading us to the back.

Once I open the door, I can't see anything as I fell down to the ground hard due to the sudden hit on the back of my head. 

Everything went black and the last person I could think of before slowly drifted to sleep is,

"Irene"

 

Okay, how was it? Hope you guys can feel the intensity of this chapter because yes we almost on top of the game guys! Hold on tight! and buckle up! Because it's getting even more intense! See ya! Stay safe!