I Suppose - Cha Hakyeon

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “Sometimes I wish you would disappear.”

Pairing: Cha Hakyeon x female reader

Genre: guardian angel au / fluff

Warnings: none

Word count: 889

 

“Are you really going to eat that?” a voice inquired as you pulled a glazed donut up to your mouth. Hakyeon didn’t even let you take a bite. “That would be your third today.”

“And the problem with that is?” you asked with an impatient sigh, your hand hesitating with its delivery. You could smell the baked goods and also his disappointment at your decision-making.

“Well, there is no immediate problem, no. But weren’t you complaining about how your clothes felt tighter the other day-”

Shooting Hakyeon a dark look, the man held up his hands in front of him and chuckled. “By all means, eat the donut, Y/N.”

 

“Really. Today of all days?”

“What is it now?” you implored, and Hakyeon’s gaze washed over you before shifting back to the window he had been staring out of with disgust. You nodded curtly. “I can see that it’s raining outside.”

“I don’t much like the rain.”

“What you like and don’t like shouldn’t stop me from living, now should it?”

“No, I suppose it shouldn’t.”

Hakyeon didn’t seem as if he was finished, and you waited for the rest of his statement. “I don’t like the rain upon my wings.”

“So keep them concealed. Or even better, stay home. Keep cosy. I’ll go meet with Taekwoon without you.”

Hakyeon was quick to leave the windowpane behind him. “Alone? I think I’ll accompany you today.”

You smirked. “But the rain will get on your wings.”

 

You could sense Hakyeon was going to voice his opinion yet again, and you groaned, turning to point at the angel in protest. “Don’t say anything.”

“I believe I ought to.”

“Why? So you can cast negativity on the situation yet again?”

“I don’t always cast negativity, Y/N. As your guardian-”

“You know sometimes I wish you would disappear,” you stated, and Hakyeon blinked rapidly, his mouth falling ajar.

You didn’t know how to respond to your own words, shock enveloping you at speaking them. Did

Please log in to read the full chapter