Saving Ruins - Aron

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “You’ve got to be kidding me!”

Pairing: Aaron Kwak (Aron)  x reader

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

Word count: 554

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” you breathed exasperatedly, both of your hands rising to scrunch up your hair within them before you attempted to place them around the neck of the man before you instead.

Aaron laughed uneasily. “It’s not that bad, Y/N.”

“No, you’re right; it’s not that bad, it’s worse! I cannot believe I left you in charge of watching over it. What was I thinking?!”

“That your boyfriend is trustworthy?” he offered and then sighed when you narrowed your gaze on him. “Okay, so I got hungry and left the sculpture unattended for maybe five minutes. That’s all I was away for and-”

“It took five minutes for this type of destruction?!”

You had been constructing a cathedral template for an upcoming presentation at work. It wasn’t something you had just slapped together with a bit of paper and glue. No, you had painstakingly been layering it up bit by bit, spending so far four days on the project.

And just like that, it was in ruins much like the fallen cathedral the corporation you worked for wished to rebuild. You almost laughed at the irony, but the bitterness in your chest trapped it within, the finger now being pointed at yourself.

You had only yourself to blame for this.

Dropping to crouch beside the chewed up beams, you willed yo

Please log in to read the full chapter