Too Late - Kim Hanbin

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “I wasn’t meant to find this, was I?”

Pairing: Kim Hanbin x female reader

Genre: angst

Warnings: aside from being an emotionally driven angst piece, self-worth issues and lack of communication.

Word count: 676

 

You jumped with fright when you the lights and found Hanbin sitting on the couch. “Jesus Christ, are you trying to put me in an early grave?”

There was no response, and you frowned, placing your bag down on the entryway table and stepped into your apartment you shared with your boyfriend. Approaching him, you grew concerned when he didn’t look up at you. “Hanbin?”

It was then when you saw the papers he held within his hands, your legs giving way underneath you.

“I wasn’t meant to find this, was I?” he asked in a voice unlike his own. Tears had sprung up in your eyes as he finally stared at you, his own expression strained. “Were you going to tell me about this on the day you left?!”

The truth was, you had been scared to tell him. Things between you and Hanbin had been too easy. Loving Hanbin and living with him was effortless. And in your experience, you had to work hard for everything you achieved.

There was a small part of you that considered Hanbin was your reward for your endless endurance. That there was finally something, someone good in your world after years of pain and suffering. You hadn’t believed you were worthy of love, even self-love was a hard concept for you to practice.

And yet, here you were a year into your relationship with Hanbin, and he ha

Please log in to read the full chapter