Jet Ski - Jung Yonghwa

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “I’m sure my life just flashed before my eyes.”

Pairing: Jung Yonghwa x female reader

Genre: fluff / travel au / friends to lovers au

Warnings: none

Word count: 842

 

When Yonghwa had invited you to join him for a holiday in Hawaii, you had jumped at the opportunity. What better than escaping the wintry blast from the south by heading to the sun, the sand, and the surf to spend the time relaxing and hopefully getting a decent tan line? You had prepared for days relaxing beside the pool or on the beach catching up on the book series you had abandoned when work got too much. You were excited to try the local cuisine and explore the heavily boasted nature spots of the islands. You needed to decompress, roll the stress off your shoulders and return home completely at ease.

However, Yonghwa didn’t seem to share the same idea for pampering and relaxation. You eyed him as if he had sprouted an extra head. “You want me to do what?!”

“Come jet skiing with me, Y/N!”

You laughed, though it was hollow, soon staring at him incredulously. “What? No, I can’t!”

“Why can’t you?”

“Because that is a machine and it can go fast and-”

“I’ll be with you the whole time, Y/N.”

“That doesn’t leave much for me to feel comforted, Yonghwa. I’ve known you for years. I’ve also got receipts on all the times you’ve done something risky around me.”

Yonghwa folded his arms across his chest and cocked his head to the side. “Just say you’re afraid.”

“I’m sure my life just flashed before my eyes, and I haven’t even gone near the thing! I’d much rather enjoy the sea from here,” you announced, patting the beach towel you were sprawled upon. “You can go jet ski.”

“I already went wakeboarding and on the water tube ride by myself. I asked you to come on this trip with me to share the experiences, not do everything alone!”

“You know I don’t do scary

Please log in to read the full chapter