A Novel Idea - Park Chanyeol

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “All I wanted was five minutes longer.”

Pairing: Park Chanyeol x reader

Genre: dad au / fluff

Word count: 498

“Daddy-Daddy-Daddy!”

Groaning, Chanyeol blindly swatted an arm out in the direction of the high-pitched calling, mumbling incoherently into his pillow. The toddler continued to be persistent, grabbing onto his hand and yanking it with all his might.

And you know, kids can be pretty strong when they want to be.

“What-what-what?” he asked, eyelids snapping open and looking at the little boy now beaming up at him. His annoyance softened, even if Chanyeol was tired, there was nothing better than seeing his kid happy.

“It’s time to gets up!”

“Gets up?” he repeated to which his son nodded sincerely. “No, it’s time for Daddy to sleeps in.”

“Sleep in?” another voice echoed, and Chanyeol’s eyes shifted to yours. You smirked. “Wow, what a novel idea that is.”

“Yeah, what a nov-dea that is,” your child attempted, making both parents stifle their laughter.

Chanyeol then groaned. He was exhausted, but knowing you would feel the same most days and were already up and dressed, he threw back the blankets.

“Yay-yay-yay! Lazy Daddy is up!”

“Lazy Daddy?” Chanyeol looked straight at you as your child whizzed on out of the room and you merely shrugged. “He could have only learned that from you!”

“I’m not sure, maybe he heard it elsewhere?”

“Uh-huh. Wel

Please log in to read the full chapter