Chaos and Coffee - Lee Taeyong

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “Why is it always you?” 

Pairing: Lee Taeyong x female reader

Genre: coffee shop au / fluff

Warnings: clumsy cliché moments

Word count: 1030

 

Ever since your first day working at the coffee shop, you had been a walking disaster. At first, it could be chalked up to being new and nervous. But you were now three months into your part-time job and still fumbled over carrying orders out to patrons who chose to sit in, mixed up names on the takeout cups, and even broke a set of freshly washed mugs taking them out of the dishwasher.

Glancing up at your boss, embarrassed, he looked at the predicament he had come out of his office to find, Taeyong groaned heavily. “Why is it always you causing trouble, Y/N?”

You weren’t normally this flustered and burdensome. Normally you could walk straight without tripping over anything, balancing textbooks and supplies in both hands. You had a good memory outside of the shop, and further, you were known as the confident one in your friends circle.

However, as soon as you stepped inside the coffee shop and Taeyong greeted you for your shift, it all went downhill from there.

You were certain he should have fired you by now. And on a couple of occasions, you had gone home convincing yourself to write up your resignation after causing havoc once again.

No matter how horribly you had performed during your shift the day prior, Taeyong would always greet you with his handsome smile, genuinely brightening up his face every time he saw you. It didn’t matter what you did during your rostered hours either, he always seemed upbeat when he closed up the shop with you.

But today, you had finally hit that threshold you were certain in any other work environment would have had you fired weeks ago.

“Let’s go into my office,” he stated, and you darted your panicked focus between his unreadable expression and then at the broken cups on the floor.

“I’ll just clean-”

“No doubt you’ll end up cutting yourself in the process and give me more of a headache. I’ll call Nancy in to pick it up, so let’s go.”

Head down as you sat across from Taeyong in his office, you fiddled with the ties of your apron. You didn’t want to face whatever he was going to say and decided you should just resign. You and he both knew you weren’t going to be a sustainable employee for long.

“Y/N.”

“I like you!” you

Please log in to read the full chapter