High Notes - Kim Jongdae

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “You’re doing it wrong.”

Pairing: Kim Jongdae x reader

Genre: enemies to lovers au / suggestive

Word count: 533

“You’re doing it wrong.”

Snapping your focus away from the sheet music, your fingers ceased in playing the melody as you saw who stood in the doorway. You heaved out a breath and then smiled politely. “This is a private practice room.”

“I know, you’ve booked it for the next two hours as well,” Jongdae mentioned, pointing to the sheet attached to the door. “Still, if I have to spend the next two hours walking back and forth up this hallway hearing you doing it wrong, well, it’s going to get on my nerves.”

“Clearly, you don’t realise how much you’re getting on mine,” you muttered and the man smirked, stepping into the room. You willed him to leave with a glare, which he either ignored or didn’t see.

Hitting a lone key on the piano, Jongdae looked down at you sternly. “Hit the note again.”

“Excuse me? I didn’t sign up for a vocal lesson today. Especially with the likes of you.”

“Oh, you mean as the one with the most experience?” Jongdae stated, grinning lopsidedly. “Don’t worry, Y/N. I won’t charge you for it. Now, hit that note again.”

You didn’t know what compelled you to do it. Nor did you realise how obedient you were over the next thirty minutes as Jongdae drew out a sound that you had been struggling to reach. His expressions were now gentle, smiling and nodding at

Please log in to read the full chapter