More Than Reliable - Jung Jaehyun

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “It’ll get better, right?” 

Pairing: Jung Jaehyun x female reader

Genre: bodyguard au / angst

Warnings: none

Word count: 424

 

You stepped into the shower. Your shivers soon evaporated and you let out a little breath with the temperature change on your skin. Jaehyun watched your silhouette, making sure you were okay. He was concerned with how long you had stood out in the rain, knowing you were susceptible to feeling a chill down to your bones. Why had you even stood there for that long in the rain, he still couldn’t fathom it.

You and he both knew it wouldn’t change a thing.

Jaehyun sighed, balling his hands up into fists at his side at how unfortunate this all was. He felt the urge to do more than just stand here, waiting in case you needed him. And yet, all he could for you right now was this.

After guiding you into your bedroom, slipping back your blankets and helping you into your bed, Jaehyun smiled softly. “There, do you feel more at ease?”

“Some.”

“Rest well. I will be here if you need me, as always.”

Moving to get up, Jaehyun then felt your hand reach out for his wrist, gripping on. He turned back to look at you in question.

Your eyes now wet with desperation, you leaned forward from your pillows towards him. “It will get better, right?”

He didn’t know what to say.

Would things improve if you let go of the man you seemed incapable of func

Please log in to read the full chapter