Old Maple - Mark Lee

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “It’s dark, no one will see you.”

Pairing: Mark Lee x reader

Genre: witchcraft au

Word count: 505

“Are you worried someone will see us? Don’t be.”

Of course, you were concerned. It was Hallow’s Eve and whilst the majority of the population were either out trick or treating or attending costume parties, there was also more awareness on a night like tonight. Someone would patrol the area, and the last thing you wanted was to end up behind bars for doing something illegal and dangerous like this.

Still, you had to admit this was your idea originally.

And Mark was all too happy to remind you of it. “Didn’t you want to see if that book is in this old house? You’ve been going on about that legend to me for an entire month. I’m a little surprised it’s me having to convince you right now, when it was the other way around. It’s dark; no one will see you or me. I promise.”

“Oh fine,” you grumbled, seeing no way out of it now. Accepting his laced together hands as a step, you bounced over the stone wall, waiting for Mark to land on the opposite side. He smiled at you when he did and then pointed to the house, both of you crouching as you ran towards the back entrance.

Old Maple Corner was said to be once a witches’ stomping ground and a spellbook was left up in the attic waiting for the chosen one to take it as their own. As a witch-in-training, you were adamant you needed to get your hands on it. Legend

Please log in to read the full chapter