Close Call - Yook Sungjae

Challenging Words [Ongoing Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: “Come a little closer.”

Pairing: Yook Sungjae x female reader

Genre: playful fluff

Warnings: none

Word count: 434

 

“Come a little closer.”

Edging away instead, Sungjae laughed loosely. “There’s really no need.”

“Yes there is.”

Your voice sounded like honey, yet he was aware that your narrowed eyes meant something else entirely. Beckoning him forward with a smile that bordered being forced, you took the step you were requesting from him first.

With a yelp, Sungjae leapt over the couch and held up his hands defensively.

“Y/N, I can explain.”

“I’m sure that you can,” you agreed with a nod. “But I’d rather not hear it.”

“You won’t give me a chance to explain? How is that fair?!”

“Is life ever fair, Sungjae?” you wondered, walking calmly towards him. Sungjae scooted around the couch he was using as a barrier, laughing a little more desperately this time.

“Let’s approach this like adults.”

You nodded simply. “We can do that.”

“So on the count of three let’s both stop this tango around the couch. Deal?”

Smiling sweetly, you didn’t answer either way. Sungjae nodded, believing you would follow through if he also backed down. Lowering his arms, he counted the first two numbers and as soon as three left his lips, you jumped up onto the couch and slung your arms around his neck.

He flinched and began to whine apologetically un

Please log in to read the full chapter