002

New Faces

 


“It’s not totally that big of a deal, but it has been getting a lot of attention from the media, and it bothers me.” Seri prattled on as they crossed the street, she had one

arm hooked around Suho’s as they walked.

“You said you wanted to assign it to one of the directors instead.” Sehun commented, she shook her head.

“I was planning on that, but I don’t want for things to.. up.” She murmured and pursed her lips, she spotted the coffee shop she’s been wanting to try.

“You’re just being paranoid. I’m sure things will work out well.” Suho nudged her with a smile.

“Try being a woman working in our family business, oppa.”

Sehun grinned at his cousin.

“Well, I don’t…Do they still try to pick on you? The board?” Suho frowned, Seri shrugged.

“Traumatized for life, but, here we are.” She jutted her lips towards the shop, Sehun held the door and they walked in.

“I’m buying, what do you want, oppa?”
“Iced Americano.” Suho stated before going to the nearest vacant table.

“How did you find out about this place?” Sehun asked as he walked with her to the counter, he held onto her shoulder.

“Well, someone shared it on my~”

“Hi, good afternoon, what would you like to order?”

Seri smiled and faced the lady and then she paused.

Sehun followed her gaze and he also did the same.

He paused.

 

Ahyoung sighed and stretched her palms upwards, she had a filling lunch with her co-workers and now she felt sleepy.

She glanced to her left and saw the flowers her boyfriend had sent.

She smiled and got her phone, she tapped on Jinyoung’s name on the screen and the latter answered after a few rings.

“Hey,” She spoke as he answered.

“I was just about to call you, how’s your day so far?” He asked softly, Ahyoung shook her head.

“Two of our staff on sales were on leave, so I had to man the frontline.” She said lightly.

“Well, I’ve been telling you it’s time to move up, your parents are simply waiting for you, miss Lee.”Jinyoung’s tone was playful.

“I know, but, I~”

“It’s been two years, I’m sure you’ve gathered enough experience, Ahyoung.”

Ahyoung looked around her small cubicle, her forehead creased.

“But, I like it here. It’s so much fun. I get to meet new people and interact with them.” She hummed, Jinyoung let out a small laugh.

“Yes, but it doesn’t suit you. The people you hang out there isn’t your crowd.”

She pursed her lips and glanced at her computer.

“I’ll be flying back in two days, can I see you?” Jinyoung asked, she leaned back on her chair before replying.

“Of course, I’ll be having dinner with Soojin tonight.”

“Alright, have fun and be careful.”

Ahyoung put her phone down and crossed her arms.

“It’s my birthday and I get told who I should be working with.” She mumbled to herself before closing her eyes.

“He must be having a bad day.” She reasoned to herself as she decided to take a nap.

 

 

“I know you.” Seri spoke, the young lady behind the counter started to blink, trying to place her face with a name.

“SNU, right?” Seri added, the girl started to smile.

“Shin Seri.”

“Jung Soojin. Sophia.” Seri chuckled before stretching her hand to girl.

“Can you ask if they have bubble tea?” Sehun whispered lowly, his eyes were on the menu behind the girl.

“It’s been a while, how have you been?” Soojin asked the girl.

“I’ve been great, busy, but I’m okay. You? Is this place yours?” Seri asked happily, she felt Sehun poking her arm.

“I want bubble tea. Can you make sure they serve it?” He murmured again, Seri ignored him.

“Yes, I opened this about a year ago. But, wow, it’s been like..three, four years, huh?”

“Yes, I haven’t seen you since graduation,” Seri scrunched her nose when Sehun poked her again.

“What do you want to drink?” Soojin asked, her gaze went to the male beside her friend. Sehun looked away, peeved.

“One iced americano, I’ll take a hot matcha latte and,” Seri grimaced as she glanced at the male beside her.

“Hmm?” Soojin looked at her expectantly.

“Do you serve chocolate bubble tea?”

“We do, we have it in kid’s size.”

Seri snorted so loud, Soojin was stunned.

“Kid’s size.” Seri repeated as she nudged the male behind her, Soojin looked at him again.

His lips thinned as Seri continued to grin.

“This is on me. Leave.” He hissed at her, Soojin grew concerned.

“One of those then, thanks Soojin-ah. Let’s catch up sometime~”

“Just sit down.” He snapped again, Seri winked at her old classmate before padding towards their table.

Soojin punched in the items and looked at the male before her, he was dressed impeccably. A mustard yellow turtleneck, a sleek black long coat that showcased his

height and also, a pair of black tapered pants.

Well, Shin Seri’s circle.

“What would you like to drink, sir?”

The male blinked at her.

“Seri only ordered three drinks.” She explained, thinking that they had a young child with them. The male pursed his lips before speaking.

“That would be all, there’s only three of us.” He murmured as he handed her his credit card.

Ah, the bubble tea is his.

 


Suho straightened up his tie as he neared the restaurant’s door. His parents had arranged dinner for the family and he knew, his mother wouldn’t let him breathe if he wasn’t dressed well. And, he also had that event later tonight.

His fingers went to his left ear, Seri was so adamant about the ear cuffs.

He got inside the building and was led to his parents’ table, on his way to them he heard some ladies speaking.

“Guess what? I met up Seri today. You remember her?”

“Seri?” Another voice spoke.

“Shin Seri! From our SNU days, remember?” The other lady laughed, Suho paused, he was about to glance at them but he heard his mother calling for him.

“Sorry for being a little late, I got caught in some traffic.” Suho with a small smile, his father nodded back at him.

“We just wanted to check on how you were doing? How’s work lately?” Mrs. Kim asked, Suho saw his father lean back on his chair. He almost smiled, his mother was

about to start one of her “talks” again.

“Everything’s well, it’s almost busy season. But I’m okay.”Suho replied.

“See, this is where the problem starts. You’re too busy, always moving around, how will you get married like this? Your father gives you way too much work and,”

Suho glanced at his father, the latter just sighed at him.

“We are not getting any younger, when will you bring a girl to meet us?” She finished, Suho puffed his cheeks and his father did the same.

The Kims, the Samsung Kims, Suho was the only son and his mother doted on him very much.

Sometimes, being the only child can be a curse or a gift, that’s what Suho thought. His mother had been pressuring him to get married for four years now, but the

Samsung heir never really saw it as a must. He was busy and he still had goals he had yet to complete.

“Eomma, if I ever meet the right person, you’ll be the first to know.” He smiled and reached for her mother’s hand.

“Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you,” Two waiters started to hum softly, he turned his back and watched as they approached the table across them. They

were carrying a cake with them and they put it before the table occupied by two ladies.

“To our young miss Lee Ahyoung, happy birthday to you!”

Suho’s eyes focused on the girl who was smiling as she looked at the lit candle before her.

He paused, not being able to peel his gaze off her.

“Son?”

And then the birthday celebrant suddenly looked up and met gazes with him,Suho choked and immediately turned around to face his parents.

He let out breath as he picked up his utensils.

“What was that?” His father asked, Suho shook his head at the elder.

What a beautiful being.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++