011

New Faces

Ahyoung glanced around the hall as her mother chatted with Jinyoung happily, she knew that Soojin would be at the party as well and she wanted to see her friend.

“Are you looking for someone?” She felt Jinyoung’s hand around hers, she turned to him and realized that her mother had stepped away.

“Soojin mentioned she’d be here.”

“Really? Now, it’s quite rare to see you two at a party.” Jinyoung mused and held onto her hand as they walked across the room, Ahyoung chuckled.

“Like myself, she was required to attend this thing as well. So, don’t laugh.”

Jinyoung chuckled and pulled her closer.

“Can you take the weekend off?” He asked her as called for one of the servers, Ahyoung picked up a glass of champagne before replying.

“Why?”

“Let’s go out, we haven’t had a date in a while. And I feel like a bad boyfriend for not asking you out on one.”

Ahyoung was about to reply when she heard soft murmurs amongst the crowd, she looked up and saw Seri walk in with a familiar male. The girl was wearing an all silver pantsuit, typical of Seri not to follow the usual dress code, while the male beside her was dressed in a classic black tuxedo, he was in the process of taking off his deep burgundy long coat.

Oh, it’s the Disney prince.

“So, what do you think? Can you take a leave for me?”

 

 

Sehun turned when he felt someone pat his back, Seri was grinning at him.

“Seri!” Mrs. Oh exclaimed before giving the girl a big hug.

“Auntie, uncle, long time no see.” Seri greeted the Oh elders politely, Sehun shook her arm off, still being petty.

“We were just about to ask where you are, why did you come alone?”

“Ah, I came with Suho oppa, uncle.”

“Do you want something to drink? I can ask for something else.” Sehun nudged her, she shook her head at him.

“Oppa’s talking with some people from work now, so I stepped aside. How have you been lately?” Seri asked the elders, people started to glanced at them. There was always interest when it came with the Samsung clan, not everyone could approach them and also, not everyone is approached them.

Sehun started to look around, he spotted Ahyoung from across the hall, she was dressed in a deep burgundy dress and her hair was down loose curls. Sehun paused, remembering that Seri mentioned she was the daughter of ShinHan Banking Group.

“Seri, your friend~” Sehun patted her hand, and then he noticed a familiar couple walk in the room. His brows rose and he quietly excused himself from his parents and friend.

 

 

Soojin handed her coat to the male and padded towards her parents, they were already on their way to the doors.

“You don’t even need me here.” She mumbled, her mother shushed her and her father chuckled.

“I’m sure you’ll see a familiar face, you said Ahyoung would be here.”

“Appa, I see Ahyoung almost every day, I don’t need to see her here as well.” She replied, her parents ignored her statement and moved on. Soojin’s eyes roamed around the hall as soon as they were in, indeed, there were a lot of familiar faces amongst the crowd. She even spotted Jinyoung talking with a few males, and she almost rolled her eyes. She was about to get herself something to drink when her eyes laid on a familiar silhouette.

“Sehun.” She whispered, he was talking with Seri and an a middle-aged couple. Soojin looked at the male, as usual, he was dressed impeccably, in a clean black tuxedo that fitted his frame well.

Everyone in here is wearing a freaking tuxedo and yet he manages to stand out. How?

And then he turned, but his eyes weren’t on her. Soojin was about to speak to her mother when she saw how Sehun broke into a smile as he walked forward.

And for the first time, in a long time, Soojin actually paused and felt her stomach tightened. She peeled her gaze off him, unnerved by her own reaction.

“Uncle, auntie, it’s good to see you here.”

 

 

Suho looked around, he spotted his parents already seated with a few friends. Seri had gone off minutes ago to freshen up.

“Suho-ssi?”

He turned and paused in surprise, and then the Samsung executive broke into a warm smile.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here, Ahyoung-ssi. Did you come alone?” Suho spoke, quickly regaining his composure, the girl smiled at him before replying.

“Actually, I came with my parents. I was…forced into this.” She murmured, Suho looked at her, she had a glass of champagne on one hand as she glanced over her shoulder. She was a vision in the burgundy dress she was wearing, although the slit was a little higher for comfort, but Ahyoung looked beautiful. And he felt nervous around her, he took a small step back.

“I saw Seri arrive with you, where has she run off to?” She asked lightly.

“I’ve been asking myself the same thing for minutes now, she wanted me to come with her, and yet she ditched me for the buffet table, I think.” Suho said, Ahyoung chuckled.

“I don’t think she’d ditch you for food. Seri’s not like that.” She said before taking a small sip of her drink.

“Would you like me to walk you to your table? It’s getting a little too crowded in here.” Suho said as he offered his arm to her, Ahyoung was about to reply when she suddenly felt an arm snake around her waist.

“’Hey, I’ve been looking all over~” Jinyoung paused as soon as he realized who his girlfriend was talking to, his eyes widened fractionally.

Suho looked back at him, then at his arm around Ahyoung.

“Ah, I was just speaking with~”

“Ahyoung-ah! Oh, and Jinyoung?” Seri suddenly walked up to them, Suho turned to the girl, his brows going up.

“Wait, so you’re the boyfriend Soojin mentioned? You? Park Jinyoung? Wow!”Seri chuckled before giving the two a hug, Suho looked around him, confused.

“Shin Seri, hey.” Jinyoung blurted out as the girl pulled away from him, Suho reached for her arm and gently tugged her back from the male.

“Yeah, I suppose you already know my boyfriend, Seri. What a small world.” Ahyoung beamed at the girl, Suho stared back at the two.

What a small world indeed.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++