007

New Faces

 

“So, what about the financial report from accounting?” Sehun spoke as he leaned over the railing, he had two cups of iced coffee balanced on his other hand.

“It has already been submitted to your email, sir. A hard copy is also on your desk, I placed it this morning.”

Sehun exhaled and looked around him, he wasn’t used to standing outside the fitting room.

“Okay, I’ll check on it tomorrow. Have mister Ji from HR report to me soon.” Sehun murmured, he ended the call and chucked his phone in his phone pocket. He looked up when he heard Seri’s voice, the two ladies were already holding onto shopping bags.

“Good you’re still here.” Seri spoke as she handed the shopping bags to him, and in exchange she took hers.

“Soojin chose a dress, but the box quite big. You brought the G-Class today, can you drop her off?” She asked, Soojin paused and shook her head.

“It’s fine, I can take a cab and~”

“Soojin, darling, no, that gown is Elie Saab. Putting it in a taxicab would deflower its holiness. No offense.” Seri frowned, Soojin scratched the back of her head, confused.

Sehun grimaced and looked at his friend.

“I’ll bring the car around, I can meet you two at~”

“No, no. Today I feel like going on an adventure, so you two go on.” Seri pressed her palms together, Sehun’s eyes doubled in size.

“What adventure? You’re supposed to be back at work.” Sehun shot back, Soojin looked at the two, amused.

“I know, I feel like taking the bus back to work. You drive Soojin back to the café.” Seri stated, Sehun’s eyes narrowed at his friend, but the latter just shrugged back.

“Actually, Sehun-ssi, it’s fine. I can just~”

“It’s okay, I’ll drive you back.” Sehun said timidly as he asked for the bags she was holding, Soojin handed it to him.

“But, Seri-yah, taking the bus is quite…” Soojin spoke, the girl wasn’t dressed to ride public transport but she grinned back, being her usual carefree self.

“The elevator’s this way,” Sehun spoke, he was waiting for Soojin to move ahead of him.

“I’ll be fine. You two have fun.” Seri mused before padding away from them, Sehun sighed and shook his head. The two got inside the elevator, Soojin was checking on her phone.

“Did you go to the same university as us?” She spoke, Sehun turned his eyes to her and he nodded back.

“I did.”

“I don’t think I ever bumped into you back then, I suppose you were always with Seri before?” Soojin asked conversationally, Sehun blinked, a little confused by her words.

“That has always been the case, I think. Are ready to go?” Sehun asked her, thinking that the girl wanted to roam around the mall for a bit, but she looked at him and smiled.

“No, this alone has drained my battery.” She chuckled, the doors opened and she stepped out. Sehun let out a sigh and walked after the girl.

 

 

Suho leaned back on his stool as he glanced over his friend, Jinyoung was across the bar, he was having fun with a friend and a lot of girls. The Samsung Global executive was starting to regret ever saying yes to his invitation, Jinyoung was drinking excessively and the women around him were starting to take pieces of their clothing off.

Suho picked up his drink and finished it in one go, he glance at the group again and saw Jinyoung making out with another girl, not the same on from earlier.

He took out his phone and called for his secretary, he placed a few bills on the bar and headed for the exit. He buried his hands in his pant pockets as he waited for the car, he felt his phone ring in his pocket and he immediately picked up.

“Why are you still up? It’s pretty late.” He answered.

“Oppa, Oh Sehun has feelings.”

“Huh?” Suho replied, Seri sounded excited.

“Nothing, I was just calling to check on you, will you be home for that party?”

“I will be, I already moved my flight. Did you got out with Sehun today?” Suho asked, he saw his car arriving by the curb and he walked towards it.

“I did. I also called up Ahyoung, you know. She’ll be at the fundraiser tomorrow.”

Suho slid inside the vehicle and smiled.

“So, this whole hanging out with them and ditching us is working well for you?” He asked playfully.

“Come on, I’ll always have you three in my heart.” She cooed back, Suho shuddered back.

“I’ll see when you get back, oppa. Please don’t catch a cold.” She spoke, Suho smiled.

“Say hi to your friends for me, I’m sorry I can’t join you at the fundraiser.” Suho said before ending the call, he looked at his secretary before speaking.

“Secretary Son,”

“Yes, sir?”

“Do we have any partnerships or dealings with ShinHan Banking?”

 

 

The silver Mercedes Benz G-Class Wagon pulled over infront of the coffee shop, Sehun quickly slid down from the car and wordlessly opened the door for Soojin.

“Traffic was kinda bad, I’m sorry you had to switch routes.” She said to him, Sehun shook his head and his lips curled up.

“It’s okay, let me go get your things.” He said as he walked towards the back of the car, Soojin waved for her staff from the shop and the two girls hurried out. Soojin was about to speak to them when she noticed that they were both ogling at the tall male before them. Sehun was in the middle of taking out the numerous shopping bags from the back of his car, which worried Soojin at first. She had a feeling that the male would feel annoyed at the amount of bags, well, Seri was pretty persuasive earlier, but Sehun never showed any emotion. It was as if he didn’t mind, or he was used to it already.

“I can carry them inside, they’re quite heavy.” He spoke, Soojin’s staff quickly shook their heads and shyly took the bags from him. Sehun smiled and watched as they headed back towards the shop.

“Thanks for dropping off, even though Seri had to~”

“Don’t think that, I’ve put up with worse.” He said lightly, Soojin chuckled.

“Seri?” She asked, Sehun nodded.

“I’m happy that she’s met new friends. I mean, met you guys again. She rarely takes the time to go out of her inner circle.” Sehun spoke carefully, Soojin nodded back and stretched her hand to him.

“Well, I guess, we’re both part of her inner circle now, Sheun-ssi.” She said, Sehun paused but he too her hand in his.

“Yes, and, uhm…I’ll see you tomorrow?” He asked as Soojin took his hand back, the girl nodded.

“Of course, I’ll make sure to have your usual drink prepared.” She said jokingly, Sehun winced and looked away.

“O—Okay, thanks.” Sehun nodded at her before going back to his car, Soojin watched as the car sped away from her.

“Bubble tea is kind of a cute prefernce.” She hummed as she hopped towards her shop’s entrance.

 

 

Ahyoung stretched her arms as she stood before her bed, it was her day off and she knew she had to head straight for Soojin’s café right away. She took a quick shower and went to her closet, she could hear her mother’s voice from the garden as she got dressed.

She puffed her cheeks, knowing her mother, the lady would just bombard her with questions as soon as she was out of her room.

They were always curious about Jinyoung, and despite being together for almost two years now, they only got to meet him twice. It didn’t really bother Ahyoung, but she knew she had to work on that. She put on a pair of black denim jeans, a periwinkle blouse and a loose biker jacket.

“Ahyoung-ah,”

She halted on her way down the stairs, her father was looking at her, she smiled and greeted him a good morning.

“Are you busy this Tuesday?” He asked as he walked towards her, Ahyoung shook her head.

“I don’t think so, abeoji. What is it?” She asked, the elder took her hand in his and walked with her.

“I have a big meeting coming up, and I don’t think it’s proper for me to send in someone since I can’t come.”

“Ah, you’re leaving for Switzerland tomorrow.” Ahyoung puffed her cheeks, realizing what her father wanted to talk about.

“Will it be okay for you to fill in for a bit? It’s only a brief meeting, the main office has been working on it for months now. But, you don’t have to worry, we’ve done business with them in the past too.” The elder said reassuringly.

“Sure, that wont be a problem, abeoji. But, I’m running late, and Soojin might kill me.” She said as she hurried down towards the front door.

“Take the car!” He called after his daughter, Ahyoung gave him a thumbs up.

“What was that? Did you get to talk to her before she jetted off?” Mrs. Lee walked back in the house, the male nodded.

“Just which project did you want her to take over?” She asked as the couple went up the stairs.

“Samsung Global, I figured it’s time for our Ahyoung to take baby steps.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++