039

New Faces

 

Soojin watched as the waiter walked away from their table, she heard Sehun putting his phone down.

“Should I be ready? Is it really that bad?” She tried to make him lighten up, but the look on his face remained the same.

“It was bad.” He said softly.

“And, you have to understand why Jena speaks like that of Seri. But first of all, you have to know that Seri’s always been one of my closest friends, and that’s all she is to me.”

“Jena got jealous over Seri?”

“No, but she made rumors about that.”

“I’m sensing there’s more?” Soojin asked as she leaned back on her seat, Sehun nodded back.

“Seri and Jena became friends first, they met at a summit in Japan. They ended up getting along well, and then we were introduced. We got together, things were good for a while but…” He trailed off and let out a sigh.

“Hey, you don’t have to talk about it if it makes you~”

“She was controlling, and it went to a point that she wanted me to stop hanging out with my other friends, even my cousins, since Seri is family too.”

Soojin remained quiet but her eyes were on him, Sehun ran his fingers through his hair.

“I couldn’t take it, so I wanted to break up. I told her how I felt and, the next day, I was with Seri. We were at a meeting for Samsung since Chanyeol hyung couldn’t come. She barged in her office and grabbed Seri. Jena had a gun pointed at me.”

Soojin gasped in shock.

“A—A gun?”

“Jena said that if I really leave her, then she’ll shoot us both. She thinks Seri was the one who told me to break things off. But it wasn’t her. Seri has never interfered with whatever I did. She kept on pointing the gun at me, then at Seri. The guards didn’t know what to do.”

“This…This is why Seri hates her.”

“Yes. And that’s why she chose to ignore me when I kind of stopped her from harassing Jena in public, but that’s Seri for you.” He said with a small smile.

“Sehun, I’m sorry that you had to go through that. But, I’m really happy that nothing bad happened.” She reached for her hand across the table, but Soojin stopped, realizing what she was doing.

Sehun simply smiled and took her hand in his.

“Yeah, I’m happy too.”

 

 

Ahyoung puffed her cheeks as she rolled into the property, she had been to this house before. That’s was when Seri just started reconnecting with them and invited them over for dinner. Ahyoung let out a chuckle when she remembered Soojin and herself talking about the girl, debating whether she was with Sehun or Suho.

“Disney prince Suho.” She murmured as she slid down from the car, Ahyoung saw the male from earlier approach her.

“The vice chairman asked us to take your car here, young miss.” He spoke as they exchanged car keys, Ahyoung glanced over his shoulder and spotted her car.

“Thanks. I’ll give oppa a call~”

“Oppa? Who is your oppa?” A feminine lady chimed in, Ahyoung saw how Suho’s bodyguard immediately bowed. Ahyoung turned her head just as a middle-aged woman joined them, she tilted her head.

“Madam, this is miss Lee Ahyoung.”

“Hmm,” The elder smiled, Ahyoung’s eyes widened as realization hit her. The persons tanding next to her was Suho’s mother.

“Did Junmyeon lend you his car? Are you okay, young lady? You look a little pale.” She frowned as she spoke to her, Ahyoung nodded back.

“Y—Yes, ma’am. I got in a situation earlier and oppa..I mean, vice chairman Kim offered~”

“It’s okay, call him oppa.” The lady chuckled and hooked arms with the girl, Ahyoung was surprised.

“Would you like to join us for some tea? I would love to chat with you, young lady.” She said happily as she pulled Ahyoung to the front door.

“Our son is very independent you see, he chooses to live in this house alone instead of joining us. We never really get to meet any of his friends.”

“Ah, yes. We met through Seri, ma’am.”

“Wait, don’t call me that. Auntie will do, since you’re friends with my son.” She beamed, Ahyoung could only scratch the back of her head as she let Mrs. Kim pull her into the house.

“Husband! Come meet Suho’s friend!”

 

 

Chanyeol glanced at Seri briefly, his forehead creased. The girl was awake and was watching some TV.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Does it hurt elsewhere?” He asked her again, a few minutes ago the doctor came by and suggested that she be admitted, but he didn’t explain anything.

“Yeah, only me leg. It’s just a sprain though, I don’t understand why they have to imprison me.” She replied and asked for him to sit beside her. Chanyeol sighed and took her hand in his, Seri reluctantly let go of the remote control.

“Lately, you’ve been eating weird. You keep on staying up late. It worries me that you feel asleep in your office too, what if someone had walked in on you?”

“First, I just feel like having cereal. Second, I’m trying to rewatch all the seasons of Lucifer before the new one comes out. Lastly, I simply had~”

The doors opened and Seri’s physician came in, the couple paused when they noticed another doctor stepped in followed by the nurses.

“Uh oh.” Seri murmured, Chanyeol slid down from the bed to greet them.

“I brought Doctor Shim here so that he can explain things well, vice chairman.”

“Ah, yes. Nice to meet you, doctor Shim.” Chanyeol said as the doctor shook his hand, Seri picked up the remote again, her eyes focusing on the television.

“Actually, the samonim is fine. It’s just a sprain on her left leg, it will heal in about three weeks. However, are you two aware of her condition?”

“Condition?” Chanyeol repeated, he glanced at Seri again, she was back to staring at the television.

“Yes,”

“I’m afraid no, Seri has been…Seri!” Chanyeol sighed, the girl blinked at him and begrudgingly switched off the television.

“The samonim is expecting, she’s about six weeks in.”

 

 

Soojin glanced over her shoulder as Sehun spoke with the mall’s employees, she exhaled before deciding to roam around for a bit. Although, she’s always been understanding of Seri’s temper, but hearing from Sehun regarding what had happened between them made her understand everything. The anger was understandable and it was typical of Sehun to not want any more trouble.

The girl walked in a Balmain boutique without thinking, she ran her fingers through her hair as Mark’s words replayed in her head.

“I mean, look at you now, miss Jung. Attending social gatherings, you even went to party without having to be nagged at. It’s new.”

She walked towards a casual looking suit set and studied the fabric, her forehead creased.

“You’ve always shunned away from those type of things, Soojin-ah. I’m not saying it’s bad.”

She looked around her again, she was in the men’s section of the shop, she was also surrounded by wonderfully tailored suits. And the suits reminded her of one person.

“You mean, being around Oh Sehun is not that bad, despite the prying eyes of society?”

Soojin took a step back from the clothes and shook her head.

“No. Nope.” She mumbled, Soojin turned away from the rack and then she felt someone reach for her hand. The girl turned and her eyes widened.

“Where are you going?” Sehun was smiling at her, she shook her head.

“I was just looking around. Are you done with work?” She replied, he nodded and playfully rolled his eyes.

“Soojin-ah, why…why aren’t you asking me anything?” Sehun gently tugged her back, and made the girl face him.

“About?”

“I kissed you.” Sehun had always been painfully straightforward and that sent Soojin into a tiny panic attack.

“S—Sehun, I~”

“I’m interested in you. And, I would like to ask you out.” He said while meeting her gaze, Soojin couldn’t look away.

And then Sehun let out a small sigh before speaking again.

“I like you, Jung Soojin. I wish you’d give me a chance.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++