025

New Faces

 

 

Ahyoung tilted her head as the cab pulled to a full stop in front of a house. It didn’t even look like a house.

She paid the driver and immediately slid down from the vehicle, she noticed two cars parked outside, her brows rose.

“They must have other friends over. How many houses does Seri have?” She mumbled as she approached the front door, she was about to knock when it suddenly opened.

“A—Ahyoung-ssi!” Chanyeol’s eyes were wide as he faced her, the girl smiled back.

“Seri demanded that I come.” She said as she raised the bottle of champagne she had with her, the male blinked back at her.

“O—Of course, come in.” He stammered and made way for her, Ahyoung’s eyes roamed around as she walked in.

“Chanyeol-ssi, do you and Seri,” Ahyoung turned and halted, Chanyeol had disappeared. She turned around, searching for him.

“He…left.” Ahyoung mumbled, she set the champagne down on the center table and started to walk forward. The house didn’t feel like Seri, it was decorated in a minimalistic way, and yet there was still a bit of a modern touch. It felt homey, even. She could hear echoes of people talking and she picked up her pace.

“Oh, they must be outside.” Ahyoung mumbled as she noticed the glass doors were slid open, the girl made her way towards them and she saw the pool.

“Of course.” She mused as she stepped out, and then she saw someone in the water. Ahyoung smiled, thinking it was Seri.

“Seri, I brought~” The girl stopped in midsentence as the swimmer lifted himself off the water, Ahyoung could only stare as he stood by the pool’s ledge letting the water drip down his body. Ahyoung took a step back.

Samsung’s Kim Junmyeon was built. Well built.

It was at that moment she realized, she wasn’t at Seri’s place.

The male turned and she noticed how his eyes widened when he saw, but he broke into a smile.

“Ahyoung-ssi.” He said pleasantly as he pushed his hair up his forehead, Ahyoung mentally balked but she nodded back at him.

“I—I didn’t know you’d be dropping by.” Suho sounded unsure, but still polite.

“I didn’t know this was your house.” Ahyoung blurted out, keeping her gaze to his face. Actually, she had no idea where else to look, Suho was standing too close and he was still topless.

Why is he comfortable talking like this?

“Did Seri invite you to barbeque night?”

“This is where you have your barbeque night?” Ahyoung didn’t know what to say, Suho chuckled and shrugged at her.

“Well, welcome to my place.” He greeted, and then thankfully, Ahyoungw as saved when she heard Seri’s voice.

“Ahyoung-ah!” Seri hopped towards them, the girl looked at Suho and picked up the robe lying around.

“And the fish is finally out of the water.”

“I didn’t know you’d be having it at my place tonight.” Suho said as he put on the robe, Seri rolled her eyes at him and Ahyoung let out a breath.

“Why don’t you show Ahyoung around? I’ll go get dressed.”

“Sure, I’ll practice my selling speech.” Seri beamed as she hooked arms with Ahyoung.

“Selling speech? Like a pitch?” Ahyoung spoke, Suho turned to them, curious.

“Yes, Suho oppa is very husband material, you know. He built this house for himself, this place has six bedrooms and nine baths. The garage can fit eight cars plus he has a wine cellar. So, you know, cousin-in-law for sale. The other one is too, but I think he’s quite taken, so~”

“Mrs. Park.” Suho sent her a look, Seri chuckled and pulled Ahyoung with her.

“Y—You aren’t selling him to me.” Ahyoung mumbled, Suho looked at the girl and smiled.

“I know, I was just practicing since Park Jinyoung isn’t around. Let’s go.”

 

 

Sehun exhaled as he put his Bugatti to a stop, he glance up and realized that Seri had used their Bugatti as well. He smiled and slid down, the girl had asked him to buy something on the way. Typical of her to forget things.

Sehun locked the vehicle, he was about to head for the front door when he heard someone pulling over by the gates, he turned and walked towards it.

“You didn’t really have to drive me all the way here,”

He recognized Soojin’s voice, he raised his hand to the sensors and the gate slowly swung open. His eyes landed on the Bentley Continental and then to Soojin.

“Sehun-ah,” She saw him, Sehun nodded back at her and he paused when someone from the driver’s seat slid down.

“I don’t want you to take cabs and it’s already quite late.” The male spoke as he walked towards Soojin, Sehun’s eyes went to the male again.

“Well, thanks for dropping off. I think I can manage from here.” Soojin grinned, the male chuckled before giving the girl a quick hug.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then, Jung Soojin.”

“Wait, Mark, this is Sehun.” Soojin waved him over, Sehun felt her fingers on his arm as she pulled him.

“Sehun, this is Mark. We met back in high school.” Soojin stated, Mark smiled and offered his hand to the male.

“Mark Tuan, nice to meet you.”

Sehun nodded back and shook his offered hand.

“Oh Sehun. Thanks for dropping her off.”

“Anything for Soojin. Have a great night.” Mark said amiably, before getting back inside his car.

“Go on in, they’re already inside.” Sehun said to Soojin, the latter nodded and walked towards the front door. Sehun watched as the Bentley drove away from his cousin’s property, he titled his head before opening his mouth.

“I used to have a Bentley.”

 

 

“I thought this was..another house of yours.” Ahyoung mused as they walked inside the study.

“No, this is Suho oppa’s place. I live with Chanyeol, darling. Our house can never be this organized.” She said jokingly, Ahyoung laughed.

“But, who showed you in?”

“Your husband did, but he suddenly disappeared.”

Seri shook her head, she opened another door and Ahyoung paused.

“This is the west wing, some of the guestrooms are here. Oppa also has a gameroom, but he doesn’t use it a lot.”

“He lives alone?”

“He does, he likes..his “me” time.” Seri explained, then she paused.

“Right, you’ll be working with him, huh? I guess that’s good.”

“Good?” Ahyoung repeated, she heard a door opening behind them.

“Well, am I sold yet?” Suho said as he approached the girls, he was dressed in a white sweater and a pair of blue denim jeans.

“Why would I sell you to Lee Ahyoung? Park Jinyoung~”

“Stop mentioning his name.” Ahyoung nudged her, Suho glanced at his in-law.

“He’s not here, calling him by his full name is a bit,” Suho said softly, Seri rolled her eyes.

“Everyone loves Park Jinyoung.” Seri made a face at them.

“And you don’t?” Suho asked, Ahyoung’s eyes went to the male.

“I’ll love anyone who makes Ahyoung happy. Just please not someone who wear Air Jordans on formal occasions.” She winked at them before leaving.

“I’m sorry, I felt like I barged in here and~”

“It’s okay, I think they told me that we’d be having friends over. I just didn’t listen.” Suho explained as they walked together.

“I heard about what happened today. How are you holding up?” He asked, Ahyoung looked at him and sighed.

“It’s not like I have a choice. It was that or I really do take over for my father. I chose the lesser evil.”

Suho nodded, and rolled his sleeves up to his elbows, Ahyoung looked away.

“Kinda weird having Seri talk about Jinyoung.”

“My lips are sealed.” Suho stated, Ahyoung laughed and nodded.

“I know. I trust you with that.”

“It’s funny because Jinyoung thinks Seri’s bad for you, and the girl just wants…barbeque.” Suho said playfully, he offered his arm to the girl as they reached the staircase.

“It’s not just Seri. You and Sehun too. I don’t think you’d ever be bad for me, Suho oppa.”

Suho’s brows rose and he faced the girl.

“What would I do with the Samsung project without you?” She said jokingly, Suho started to laugh.

“Maybe taking over is the lesser evil.” He shot back, Ahyoung quickly shook her head.

“I’d rather hang out with my bad friends than that,” She humored before hooking arms with the male as they went down.

 

 

“Barbecue night is usually us doing the cooking while Seri ordering us what to do.” Sehun stated as he walked Soojin to the foyer.

“So, who’s house is this?”

“Suho hyung’s.” Sehun said, Soojin nodded back and she looked around.

“Why do I have a feeling I arrived late?”

Sehun shook his head and looked around them, he spotted his cousin walking around the pool. Soojin glanced at the male, he was dressed in a nice mustard turtleneck that accentuated his broad shoulders so well and a pair of dark jeans.

The world is unfair. Why does he always look this good?

“Oh Sehun, did you get cake?” Seri was hopping down the steps, Sehun looked up and nodded.

“Soojin!” The girl greeted her with a hug.

“Everyone keeps on hugging.” Sehun muttered, Seri looked at him.

“Do you want one?” She asked dryly, Sehun gagged and walked away from them.

“How did you get here? I forgot going to this place can be quite…confusing.” Seri asked as they walked towards the kitchen, Sehun was in the process of taking the cake out of the box.

“My friend dropped me off.”

“Ah, the person from the café earlier? Mark Tuan?”

Sehun looked up from the cake, his brows going up.

“You met Mark?” Soojin smiled.

“I did, he was nice enough to tell me that it usually takes you an hour to read a text and another to reply.”

“You met Mark?” Sehun said, Seri looked at him, she nodded back cluelessly.

“I did, I was waiting for her at the café earlier.” Seri took the cake from him and yanked the fridge’s door open.

“He’s very easy on the eyes. Charming too. Where did you meet him? School?” Seri was gossiping now, Sehun held the door for her as she fixed the cake inside.

“High school, actually. We kind of go way back.” Soojin added, she took a step back from the fridge and let the door close.

“Wow, look at you, making new friends. Should we take a picture to commemorate?” Sehun hummed, Soojin shushed him.

“You two keep on bickering. Be nice, Oh Sehun-ssi.” Soojin mused, and Sehun actually scrunched his nose.

“Now, the perfect way to shut you up.” Seri clapped, Sehun glared at her and Soojin started to laugh.

“That Mark Tuan seems nice, did you ever date him?” Seri asked, Sehun looked at the other girl.

“Hmm, no.” Soojin said, and then Ahyoung walked into the kitchen with Suho.

“Mark Tuan? Is he back in town?” The girl spoke, Soojin nodded back.

Sehun leaned against the counter and looked at the two.

“What’s this? Why didn’t you tell me lover boy’s in town?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++