024

New Faces

Ahyoung glanced at her phone again as it continued to buzz. Her day didn’t exactly start right, she had just woken up when her father called, requesting for a video call.

And they spent an hour arguing on the phone too, why?

He wanted Ahyoung to take over without question, he didn’t even explain why, he just told her that he felt like it. Which was outrageous, she could barely understand the meeting she went to the other day. Ahyoung had to bargain with her father at six in the morning, and this is how she ended up taking full command for the Samsung project instead of having to be reinstated as director of ShinHan Banking.

“It doesn’t even feel like a bargain, this seems too temporary.” She said under her breath as she read Jinyoung’s name on her phone screen.

“I still feel like I’m on the losing end.” Ahyoung said to herself as she tossed her phone into her drawer.

“Ahyoung-ah,”

She looked up, her colleague was standing before her cubicle, she smiled at him.

“These came in for you just now.” He raised the basket of flowers he was holding, Ahyoung stood up and took it from him.

“It was your boyfriend, I saw him. He’s waiting outside.” He said softly, the girl kept a straight face as she replied.

“Tell him I can’t leave my desk, I’m a bit busy today.”

“Ahyoung-ah, he’s been waiting~”

“Just tell him I’m busy.” She stated before setting the flowers aside and going back to her seat, she took out her phone again and realized that Seri had texted. She heard her colleague leave and the girl let out a sigh.

I can’t face him now. It’s too much work.

Ahyoungie! Dinner with us tonight. I’ll send you the address. -Seri

“This girl doesn’t even ask if I’m free, she just demands me to go.” Ahyoung let out a small smile before typing in a reply.

 

 

Seri walked in the café and greeted the staff with familiarity.

“Your boss isn’t here.” She spoke as she noticed that Soojin wasn’t at her usual spot by the counter.

“Yes, she had to step out for a bit. She said she’ll be back late, ma’am.”

“Then, can I get my usual?” Seri said as she hopped on one of the stools and leaned against the counter, she checked the time on her watch and paused. It was strange not having Sehun around during this time of the day. Not that she was looking for him, but it was new.

“He must be busy.” She mumbled as she straightened her back, Seri turned to the windows just as a black Bentley Continental pulled behind her car. Her phone buzzed and she looked away.

Are you at work? -Chanyeol

Seri swiped on the green icon beside his name and Chanyeol answered after two rings.

“Hi,” He spoke.

“I’m at Soojin’s shop to get coffee. What’s up?”

“I’m just calling in to check on you, wife.”

Seri gagged, the doors opened and she peeked over the counter. She really needed the boost from her coffee.

“Dinner at Suho oppa’s place later. He seems so down lately, I’m worried.”

“A—Ah, at S—Suho hyung’s place? I’m sure he’s fine, let’s not~”

“I already made plans, don’t even try messing with them.” She pointed out, Seri paused when someone sat down beside her, she turned her head.

“Sorry, did I hit you?” The male asked, she shook her head and looked away.

“I’ll pick you up later, take care.” Chanyeol murmured, Seri smiled to herself.

“There’s way too much pressure on him, I was at his office earlier, it seems like auntie has been forcing him on blind dates again.” Seri frowned, remembering the two girls from earlier. She opted not to tell the other things she heard and witnesses earlier, Chanyeol can get sensitive over those things.

“I don’t think the matchmaking thing stresses him out that much.”

“I’ll see you later, mister Park.”

Chanyeol chuckled before ending the call, Seri looked up just as her coffee was served.

“What time does Soojin come back?” She asked, she felt the male’s eyes go to her again.

“We’re not sure, ma’am.”

Seri pouted and looked around her, then she felt someone tap her shoulder.

“You know Soojin too?” He asked, Seri could hear the faint accent in his tone.

“Yeah, from school.”

“I’m waiting for her as well, do you have any idea where she went? I’m Mark, by the way.” He smiled as he offered his hand, Seri nodded back.

“Seri. And I’m sorry, I cannot help you, Soojin tends to just disappear and not call back from time to time. I mean, I don't even get a text back.”

Mark laughed, agreeing with her.

“You’re absolutely right, Seri-ssi.”

 

 

The secretary to Samsung Global’s vice president could only watch in confusion as his boss paced back towards the windows of his office.

His boss was starting not to make any sense, and he was acting unlike him.

“So, you mean there’s no way I can…hand this to someone else?”

“Yes, sir. The way I see it, sir, people might see it the wrong way. They might start to question you or your work ethic. Since, it’s already been publicized that you will be taking this project.”

Suho turned his back again and loosened his tie, his secretary scratched the back of his head.

“Were you already informed regarding ShinHan’s new arrangement?”

Is she even okay with this? Ahyoung was sure that she only needed to attend one meeting for this.

“Arrangement? The president’s daughter, sir?”

Suho didn’t reply, the executive simply went back to his chair and exhaled.

“I need you to check on something.”

“Yes,”

Suho leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms.

“Park Holdings’ Park Jinyoung.”

“Ah, the son? I’ve heard about him, what would you want to know, vice president?” The male said carefully, something was wrong. It wasn’t like his boss to run checks on people, especially when he was personally acquainted with them.

Suho looked up as the doors opened, Sehun walked in with a small smile.

“Everything, That would be all, you should take your lunch.”

The male stood up and politely excused himself before leaving the office.

“I thought you had to stand in for Chanyeol today, did you check the mall?”

“I did, hyung. Seri wants to have barbeque tonight.” Sehun spoke as he plopped down on the couch.

“She wants to eat at~”

“Let’s go with whatever she wants,” Suho waved him off before closing his eyes, Suho glanced at his cousin, he shrugged to himself before typing a message to his friend.

Suho hyung says its okay to use his house tonight.

 

 

The orange Bugatti Chiron pulled over at Suho’s curb, Seri slid down with a bunch of shopping bags in tow.

“Samonim!” His secretary came running towards her, Seri smiled at him.

“We’re here to cheer up your boss, he seems so down lately.” She stated as they walked towards the mansion together.

“You might find this odd, but it’s not that a big of a problem.” The male replied as they crossed the foyer, Seri paused.

“Huh?”

The male led her to the kitchen and the staff greeted her politely, Seri set her purse down and rolled up the sleeves of her sweater.

“A certain project’s been bothering him, I don’t understand why.”

“Which project?” Seri looked around, she noticed that the glass doors to the pool were open.

“The one with ShinHan, samonim.”

“Really? Isn’t he used to…Nevermind, I’ll check on oppa.” She patted his shoulder before leaving the kitchen, Seri made her way towards the pool and saw her cousin-in-law. Suho was doing laps across the pool, she shrugged and ran her fingers through her hair.

“I guess oppa’s having a burn out.” She murmured before going back into the house.

“Does he even know everyone’s coming over tonight?” The girl mumbled as she went upstairs, she walked towards the windows and saw Chanyeol’s G Class Wagon pulling over. Seri grew confused when she saw her husband carry his laptop out of his car and jogged towards the front door.

“He must have started playing a new game.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++