015

New Faces

 

Suho ran his fingers through his hair as he neared Soojin’s coffee shop, his younger cousin had asked him to come and tag along. And he couldn’t say no.

“She probably won’t be there. It’s a Monday, she’ll be busy.” Suho said softly as he stepped on the gas.

He was aware of the fact that he should step out of the project and turn it over to one of his cousins, but he didn’t want them to ask questions. He should avoid Ahyoung and not make any move on her, the girl was taken. And it wasn’t right for him to try to win her over.

His fingers curled around the steering wheel tightly. It wasn’t like him to do things without thinking twice, going ahead and just taking the project was wrong too. He was being careless.

Suho exhaled and leaned his head back on the head rest. He was too rash, he was too excited and interested over the Lee heiress.

And now he couldn’t erase the image of Jinyoung being with other women from his mind. He couldn’t face Ahyoung with those images flashing in his mind. He didn’t know if she should tell her or not, a side of him didn’t want to intervene. And another side wanted Ahyoung to know the truth.

“No, I shouldn’t say anything. It isn’t my place.” Suho murmured to himself, he saw Sehun’s Audi just a few meters ahead of him, he realized that he and Seri were racing again. Suho let out a sigh.

“Good thing Seri doesn’t know. No, she can’t know.”

 

 

Jinyoung slid down from his car while checking his phone.

I’m already inside. I’ll order your usual. -Ahyoung

Jinyoung smiled and sent a quick text, telling her he had just parked his car. He tucked his phone back in his coat pocket. He was about to cross the street when he noticed three cars pull over right in front of Soojin’s shop. He paused, he saw Seri slid down from the black Maserati Granturismo, the girl was on the phone as she got her bag from the car.

Jinyoung’s forehead creased, his eyes went to the Audi R8 parked behind Seri’s car and a tall male stepped down, he recognized the young executive from Samsung Technologies right away.

"Even Sehun is here." He murmured as he buried his hands in his coat pockets, it was then when he noticed the Rolls Royce, his brows rose.

“That car,” He tilted his head, appreciating the luxury vehicle, and then the driver slid down. His eyes widened in surprise, Suho was in the process of speaking on his phone as he shut the door. Jinyoung’s forehead creased in annoyance.

He saw Seri approach the older male, Suho broke into a smile as she hooked arms with him.

“Why is he hanging around them?” Jinyoung murmured, he saw Ahyoung open the café doors to greet the three. His fists curled as Suho walked towards Ahyoung to greet her.

Soojin even stepped out, he watched as Seri and Ahyoung hugged each other. Jinyoung’s jaw grew taut and he looked away.

The other three walked in the café, Suho and Ahyoung remained outside, still chatting. Jinyoung let out a shaky breath before dialing her number. He turned away as it started to ring.

“Oh, Jinyoung-ah, where are you?”

“Something came up at work. I had to rush back, I’m sorry.” He fibbed as he got inside his car. Ahyoung turned quiet, Jinyoung could hear Soojin and Seri in the background.

“It’s okay, drive safely.”

Jinyoung put his phone down and stepped on the gas.

“What is that spoiled punk trying to do?” He muttered under his breath as he drove away from the shop.

 

 

Sehun looked around the café, there weren’t a lot of customers and he kind of liked it.

“Perfect, there aren’t a lot of people.” He heard Seri comment, he turned to her and sent her a look.

“Not a very nice thing to say with the owner around.” He said to her, Soojin laughed from the counter.

“Don’t worry, I get what she’s saying. Iced latte for Seri? And Americano for Suho-ssi?” She called, Suho looked up and nodded.

“I’d like that, thank you, Soojin-ssi.” Suho called back, Seri turned to the older male, her forehead creased. He had separated himself from their table.

“Is he okay?”

Sehun glanced at his cousin and shrugged.

“I don’t know, he must be in a bad mood.”

“A rare case.” Seri murmured, she made her way towards the male.

“Oppa, did you get my message? I was asking about the contract between SK and~”

“I did, sorry about that. I was busy, come.” Suho stood up and pulled her back to where Sehun was sitting.

“I didn’t want to seem too pushy. But I kinda need it.” She puffed her cheeks at him, Sehun playfully tugged on the charms of her bracelet.

“I don’t see Jinyoung, Ahyoung-ah,” She suddenly spoke up, the girl was standing by counter, checking out the cakes that were on display.

“He has something at work.” She replied distractedly, Seri nodded back.

“Park Jinyoung of Park Holdings. I’m surprised.” Sehun said softly, the two looked at him.

“Why?” Seri asked as she leaned on the table, Suho looked away, his brows scrunching together.

“Ahyoung is ShinHan Banking, Seri. Jinyoung…is…I’m just surprised her parents allowed her to be with him.”

“Sehun-ah,” Suho said quietly, warning him. His cousin doesn't mince words at all.

“They are a big family, hyung. Park Holdings hasn’t been around that long.” Sehun told them not bothering to pick his words, Seri nudged him and she shook her head.

“Fine. Go play being nice.” Sehun snorted at them, Seri shook her head at him and slid down from his seat.

“And, bubble tea for Sehun!” Soojin called from the counter, Suho let out a laugh and his cousin glared at him.

 

 

“Is bubble tea complicated to make?” Seri asked as she climbed on the stool and took a peek over the counter, Soojin glanced at her and shook her head.

“No, not really.”

“Hmm, can we order lunch now?”

“The young miss is hungry.” Soojin joked, Seri yawned and leaned her chin on the counter, Ahyoung sat down beside her.

“Here, your iced latte.” Soojin faced her and placed her drink right next to her, Seri smiled and thanked her.

“Rough morning?” Ahyoung asked her, she nodded.

“A bit. How did you end up having a free afternoon? You said you had the worst branch manager.” Seri asked jokingly, Ahyoung shook her head.

“It turned out that way, and I still have to prepare for tomorrow. My father needs me to attend to some company matters tomorrow.”

“Oh, the horror.” Seri chuckled, Ahyoung slapped her arm and laughed.

“Ahyoung’s aversion of their main office is quite something.” Soojin chimed in, she glanced at the two males.

“Your drinks are ready!” She called, Sehun slid down from his seat and walked over to them.

“Oh Sehun’s kiddie drink.” Seri mused, Sehun rolled his eyes at her.

“What are we eating? Better decide fast, Suho hyung isn’t in a good mood.” Sehun commented, he thanked Soojin before leaving.

“Why isn’t he in a good mood? Is it because you left him last night?” Ahyoung suddenly asked, Soojin turned and looked at their friend.

“No, why would he be?” Seri chuckled, Ahyoung blinked at her reaction, she turned to Soojin, the latter shrugged.

“Seri-ah, who are you seeing~”

The doors suddenly opened and a tall male wearing an all-black suit walked in, he had a houndstooth long coat draped over his shoulders as he looked around.

“Hyung,” They heard Sehun speak, Suho looked up from his drink.

“Isn’t that…sunbae..” Soojin’s forehead creased as she looked at the newcomer, and then he broke into a smile as he glanced over at them. Ahyoung paused when Seri suddenly opened her arms.

“You’re here. Sorry for being late.” He said with a small chuckle as he reached them, and then he slowly leaned in kissed Seri’s right cheek. Soojin balked while Ahyoung could only stare at the two in confusion as the handsome male hugged their friend.

“Ch—Chanyeol sunbae?” Soojin choked, the male turned to her and smiled.

“Soojin, right? So, you’re friends with my wife, wow.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++