030

New Faces

 

“Wait, you’re Park Jinyoung’s girlfriend?”

Suho looked away from IMG’s CEO as he heard Jackson’s words, he excused himself before moving towards the voice. Suho started to panic, knowing Jackson, he might just spill. And, hearing the shock in the younger male's tone, it was pretty obvious that he didn't know about Ahyoung's existence in Jinyoung's life.

He reached Ahyoung and found Chanyeol standing beside the girl.

“H—Hyung,” Jackson saw him, Ahyoung turned and looked at Suho.

“I ran into him while looking for Seri.” She said with a smile.

“Y—You two know each other?” Chanyeol asked, Sehun appeared beside him.

“No, we just met. Have you seen Seri?” Ahyoung spoke, Suho looked at Jackson, from the way his mouth was hanging open. He was starting to piece things together, and his loose mouth was not going to help.

“Jackson mentions that he knows Jinyoung too. It really is a small world, huh?” She said lightly and then Suho carefully stepped between the girl and Jackson.

“Ahyoung-ah, I’ll show you to our table.” Sehun murmured before gesturing for the girl to follow him, the latter nodded at him.

“Soojin left for the restroom, she’ll be back in a bit.” Sehun said as the girl walked with him.

“Hyung, I’ll go get Seri.” Chanyeol mumbled before leaving, Suho exhaled and looked at Jackson.

“You know.” Jackson stated, the older male nodded.

“He…I thought..he was single, hyung. I didn’t know he was with someone. He never mentioned it.”

“I had a feeling about that when I heard you two talk back in Beijing.” Suho stated, Jackson sighed and shook his head.

“Park Jinyoung, that cheating .”

“Hyung, does…does she know?”

“Do you think she knows?” Suho said dryly as he ed his coat, Jackson closed his eyes briefly.

“Jinyoung’s crazy, from what I heard from her, Ahyoung’s tight with Seri. Huh?”

“Yes, they’re pretty close.” Suho murmured as he spotted another familiar face in the crowd. A face that would make a pretty good dart board in Seri’s eyes.

“I should start praying for him then.”

“I—I’ll go talk to her.”

 

 

Soojin was making her way back to the party when she saw Sehun step out through the doors.

“Sehun-ah,~” She paused when she realized he was walking after Seri, he reached the girl and blocked her path.

“What do you want?” Seri sounded angry, Soojin paused.

“Seri, please, don’t be like this. Not here.” She heard him speak, Seri snorted and met his gaze.

“Really? Do you think it’s okay to have her here? Let her parade all over this family party? Are you sure?”

“It’s all in the past.” Sehun’s reply was short, and then they both turned their heads, Soojin stopped in her tracks.

“Uhm, guys, is everything alright?” She asked, she could feel the tension between the two friends and it worried her. Soojin never witness the two argue, well, they squabbled a lot. But this seemed different.

“Yes, we~”

“No.” Seri cut him off, Soojin walked towards them and Sehun looked away.

“Seri, don’t~”

“Shut up, Oh Sehun. I’m not like you. I refuse to be nice to people I can’t stand.” She replied before walking away from them, Sehun sighed and shook his head.

“That..didn’t look good.” Soojin said as her eyes followed Seri, the male nodded.

“Sometimes it’s hard to reason with her.” Sehun said before gently steering Soojin back to the party.

“Are you sure she’s going to be fine?” Soojin asked as she hooked arms with him, Sehun nodded and smiled at her.

“She’ll come around, Ahyoung’s already waiting inside.”

 

 

Chanyeol leaned against the restroom’s doorway as Seri spoke from inside. The ladies’ restroom was empty except for his raging wife.

“You should check on your staff. Really, that woman is in there, enjoying champagne. Well, I hope she chokes on the salmon or gets a piece of parsley stuck between her front teeth.” She grumbled on, Chanyeol his lips before pushing himself off the doorway.

“I’m sorry, baby. I didn’t know that they wouldn’t double check before releasing invitations.” He said as he walked to her, Seri was standing in front of the sinks.

“She’s back in town.”

“Yes.” Chanyeol didn’t know what else to say.

“He still takes her side, Chanyeol. Her side. That manipulative bit~”

Chanyeol kissed her cheek, interrupting her.

“You should be the one inside, enjoying our family’s party because you’re Mrs. Park and she’s nothing but a guest.”

“A guest who almost destroyed your family, Chanyeol.”

He sighed and nodded before wrapping his arms around her.

“I don’t want her around us. Any of us.”

“I know, and I think the same way. But Seri, this is a party, and there’s media around, too many eyes on us.” Chanyeol said softly.

“Screw the media, they just want me to appear with a round belly and ask me if I’m carrying the next generation for Samsung.” She stuck her tongue out at him, he laughed.

“Come on, you’re my wife and I need you there with me.”

“You know,” She said as they stepped out of the restroom.

“Hmm?”

“They have knives on full display inside, do you really think it’s a good idea to bring me back in there?” She asked as they approached the doors, Chanyeol looked at her.

“You can do whatever you want, just don’t hurt yourself.” He said before kissing her cheek again and they stepped back in the party.

“Then have them kick her out.” Seri said as she laced her fingers with his, Chanyeol nodded.

“I already have.”

 

 

Suho was looking all over the hall for Ahyoung when he finally spotted her, she had stepped out to the patio with a drink in hand. His forehead creased deeply as he looked at the girl.

The incident with Jackson earlier was just too close, a few more words and she would find out. And Suho knew that Ahyoung had to, but he didn’t want to see her hurt. Jinyoung doesn’t deserve to have Ahyoung hurting over him. The male exhaled and straightened his tie before joining her at the outdoor part of the party, it was almost empty, except for a few guests who were taking calls.

“I thought Sehun led you to our table.” He said as he joined her, Ahyoung turned and smiled.

“I needed the fresh air, oppa.”

“I’ll have to excuse Jackson, he can be…loud. But he’s a good person.” He said, Ahyoung chuckled and nodded.

“He was joking about how he learned Korean when he lived her years ago. He told me that Jinyoung and he were pretty close,”

“Ah, really?” Suho murmured.

“Jinyoung never mentioned him to me, well, I never really met his friends.” Ahyoung went on, she crossed her arms and bit on her lower lip.

“Ahyoung-ah, there’s this thing,” Suho begun, the girl turned to him expectantly, he cleared his throat before shaking off his tuxedo jacket.

“It’s quite chilly here.” Suho said softly as he draped the coat around her shoulders, Ahyoung paused, she was staring at him.

“You’re always so nice to me, it’s a bit unnerving, oppa.” She said bluntly, her words made Suho pause.

“Or, you were really just raised right and you treat people well. You listen to me as I rant your ears off, even though I know you’d rather talk about more useful and sensible…stuff.”

“Stuff….as in work?” Suho mused, the girl laughed.

“Do I really seem like that? I’m all work?” He asked, Ahyoung pulled the jacket closer to her frame before replying.

“At first I did think you were all work. Oops.” She said jokingly.

“And, you don’t rant my ears off. I like it when you talk.” Suho chuckled as he buried his hands in his pockets.

“You mean when I discuss my frustrations to you.”

Suho smiled and shrugged, not really minding it.

“It’s fine, I~”

Ahyoung gasped when that jacket was suddenly yanked off her, Suho turned and his eyes widened.

“Huh, so this is what you’ve been planning all along, sunbae.” Jinyoung spat, he was standing between them as he tossed the piece of clothing aside.

“Jinyoung-ah,” Ahyoung tried to pull him back, but he simply shrugged the girl away.

“You want what’s mine, don’t you?” Jinyoung hissed, he reeked of alcohol and Suho started to grow concerned.

“Jinyoung, please don’t do this.” He said, the younger male chortled and loosened his tie.

“At first, I thought you would understand, sunbae. I trusted you, but it seems that you’re using this against me.” Jinyoung replied, Suho shook his head before talking a step back from the male, Jinyoung was occupying his personal space, trying to intimidate him. Suho could feel people staring at them from the party, and that didn’t help.

“Very typical of you people. Snakes.” Jinyoung said, Suho saw Ahyoung trying to reason with him again, but the male just pushed her back, causing her to almost trip on her heels. Suho’s jaw grew taut and he looked way.

“Why don’t you leave? Stop causing a mess.”

“A mess? Should I just sit back and watch as you,” Jinyoung grabbed the older male by the collar and met his gaze evenly. Ahyoung started to panic and she looked around, she noticed two men in dark suits, standing by.

“Jinyoung, please. Let him go!”

“Try to win her over from me? You’re brainwashing her with your money and fame, sunbae. That’s how you Samsung brats work!” He yelled, Suho didn’t react and only stared back at him.

“Should I open my mouth?” Suho said, his tone soft and deadly.

“You’re going to use that against me? Is she really worth that much, sunbae? You’d risk all that for a nobody like her? That girl won’t even take over for her father.” Jinyoung started to laugh, Suho’s eyes flitted to Ahyoung briefly.

“I’d risk this.” Suho stated as his right fist connected with Jinyoung’s jaw, the male staggered back and crashed against the table of champagne bottles.

Suho smirked and looked at Jinyoung who was now drenched in champagne.

“Bottoms up.” The Samsung executive said as he fixed the cuffs of his dress shirt and then he walked away from the scene.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++