003

New Faces

 

 

Sehun fixed his tie as he approached the double doors, his secretary remained a few steps behind him as he moved forward. He was to attend a banquet, it was KI Financial Group’s anniversary and he was required to attend.

He usually had no qualms attending events like this, but going alone wasn’t exactly pleasant. He had Seri for these type of things, but the girl had a lash appointment. Sehun straightened up as the doors opened.

Almost immediately, all eyes were on him as he walked in.

Well, why not?

Asides from being one of the sons of the Samsung family, he was known for being one of the youngest executives to take over the family business. In a matter of months, he had helped improve Samsung Tech’s performance and overall public image. And, of course, it also didn’t hurt that he was extremely good looking, with his tall height, broad shoulders and mysterious vibe, he easily became one of the most sought after bachelors in Asia.

“Sir, over there is president Jung Pilsoo and his wife, Seo JinHye.”

“Ah, Hyundai Motors, I remember.” Sehun smiled, his older cousin had asked him to take over certain projects and one of those was with the motor giant. He made his way towards the elder couple with a polite smile on his face.

“Good afternoon, president Jung and Mrs. Jung, would it be alright if I introduce myself?” He said amiably, the couple turned to him.

“You must be vice president Oh, you resemble your father a lot.” The man spoke and stretched his hand, Sehun smiled back and nodded.

“It’s great to finally meet you, sir. And, Mrs. Jung.” Sehun turned to the lady, she nodded back.

“But, young men like you shouldn’t be going to these events alone. I thought you were married, vice president Oh.” She told him, Sehun shook his head.

“That would be my cousin, ma’am. But he’s currently out of town.” He explained, the couple chuckled.

“Actually, I approached you because I wanted to talk about the project you are working with us, it just got handed to me, I was hoping you’d go easy on me, sir.” Sehun said, the man laughed and patted his back.

“Of course, Sejun’s son is also like a son to me.”

 

 

Suho looked at the girl before him and pursed his lips, hours earlier his mother had contacted him. She told him that she wanted to see him for lunch and asked the Samsung boss to join her.

And now, Suho was sitting right in front of a young lady, definitely not his mother. But, she was the youngest daughter of Mondo Group.

He mentally sighed.

“This must be difficult for you, huh? You’re a busy person as well.” She spoke as she twirled her pasta around her plate. Suho’s eyebrow twitched, he discreetly took his phone out.

“I wouldn’t say difficult. But, it’s okay Heejin-ssi.” Suho smiled at her before looking at his phone’s screen. He typed in a quick text and hit send.

“I always see you at parties too, oppa. I never really got the chance to say hi because you’re always with that SK brat.” She said jokingly, Suho looked up, he eyed her.

Lucky for you, I’m just a block away. Give me five. -Seri

“SK brat?” He repeated, the girl shrugged at him.

“She doesn’t really have a lot of fans in our circle, she’s too picky over people and she tends to be territorial.”

“Seri’s actually not like that. Are you close with her?” Suho said mildly, Heejin looked up from her plate, as if remembering Seri’s ties with Suho and Samsung.

“Seri~”

“Whoa, did you already see me without actually seeing me?” A familiar voice chimed in, Heejin paused on her seat, her eyes widened.

Suho turned his head and gave her his one his warm smiles, Seri blinked back at him.

“Seri,” Heejin spoke, the girl’s eyes went to her, her brows went up.

“I’m sorry, do I know you?” She spoke bluntly, Suho almost let out a laugh but he stood up.

“You don’t, thanks for coming by to pick me up.” He said to her, Heejin looked at him, confused.

“Oppa, this~”

“I can’t continue eating with you, Heejin-ssi. I apologize, it’s uncomfortable for me.” Suho stated as he offered his arm to Seri.

“We’re going? But you said you’d give her a chance.” She blurted out, Suho shushed her, she scrunched her nose at him.

“Come on.” Suho urged, Seri shrugged at Heejin before taking the male’s offered arm.

 

 

Soojin had just stepped out of the kitchen when she saw her best friend walk in the shop.

“Miss Lee,” She said playfully, Ahyoung rolled her eyes at the girl.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at that KI party?” She asked the girl, Soojin shook her head and made a face.

“Very you, but okay. So, how’s the day so far?” Ahyoung asked as she hopped on one of the stools.

“Seri was here a few days ago, you know. I mean, it’s been years, right?”

“Seri? Shin Seri?” Ahyoung said, Soojin nodded back.

“She was with a friend, I think. Anyway, it made me realize that, we should a reunion. Nothing formal, but just a dinner party or something.” Soojin spoke as she arranged the cups behind the counter, Ahyoung shrugged.

“As long as we don’t have to dress up and be…flashy.” Ahyoung joked, Soojin placed a cup of coffee on the counter and the latter grinned.

“What are your plans today? Is your Jinyoung finally coming home?” Soojin asked, not bothering to hide the disdain in her tone. And her friend was already used to it by now, Ahyoung has accepted that her best friend and boyfriend didn’t get along, not that Jinyoung knew about it.

“He comes home next week. And I plan to pester you till then.” Ahyoung claimed, Soojin shook her head at the girl before taking a customer’s order.

 

 

“You’re always mean to girls, no. You’re cold. Always cold.” Seri murmured as they crossed the street. The girl demanded coffee from the older male, and of course, Suho obliged.

“Eomma set me up, Seri.”

“Obviously, but she seems really interested in you, or your trust fund. But, at least, you get a wife.” She joked, Suho sent her a look and she laughed.

“We’re here.” She announced, Suho followed her gaze and the older male paused.

“We were here the other day.”

“Yes, a classmate owns this place. And, her coffee is really good, plus,” She said as she pulled the door open, Suho swatted her hand away and held onto it for her.

“I feel like I’ve always hung out with you guys, I need to get in touch with my feminine side.” She hummed, Suho shook his head and followed her inside.

“Oppa, what would you like to drink?” She asked as they approached the counter, Suho’s eyes went to the menu behind the counter, his eyes scanned the list.

“Seri?”

He turned his head just as Seri greeted two ladies beside him, he watched as the girl behind the counter pointed towards the other lady.

“Ahyoung, I remember! My seatmate asked you out in front of the whole class once!” She laughed, and the girl shushed her.

The girl.

Suho paused, his eyes went to the girl, she was sitting on the stool as she spoke to Seri happily.

The pretty birthday girl.

“Don’t bring that up, please!” She was laughing now and Suho couldn’t help but simply just stare.

“Seri-ah,” Suho cleared his throat, all eyes went to him. Suho rubbed the back of his neck, Seri beamed at him.

“Oppa, these are my friends, Soojin and Ahyoung.” She spoke, Suho blinked back and faced the two women, he smiled and bowed politely.

“Your other friend didn’t come, the bubble tea.” Soojin stated, Seri chuckled.

“He’s busy today. But, Ahyoung-ah, how have you been?” Seri spoke, Suho’s eyes went to the girl again.

“It’s my off today, I’m here waiting for Soojin to finish up so we could go out. But I’m thinking that’s a hopeless case now.” Ahyoung joked, Seri glanced at the other girl.

“Oppa, can we grab dinner with them tonight? I’m free, the house is too boring at night.” She spoke, Ahyoung’s eyes went to the male beside her friend.

She grew curious, trying to catch another glimpse of his face.

“Of course, take this. I need to call the office.” Suho smiled and gently placed his wallet on her palm before excusing himself.

Ahyoung’s brows went up. He looked like a Disney prince and he sounded like one.

“So, dinner at my place? That oppa’s cooking.” Seri asked them, Soojin and Ahyoung glanced at each other.

“It’s just us and a couple of my friends, nothing too serious.” Seri said as she clasped her hands together, and then Suho appeared by her side.

“Sure, dinner sounds great, miss Shin. We'll bring some wine over.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++