034

New Faces

 

“I’m not getting you in trouble, right?” Suho asked as they stepped out of the building, Ahyoung shook her head.

“Well, you’re a preferred client, not just of the bank, but the whole company. So, I think they’d understand.”

“I’m not exactly here for banking transactions, Ahyoung-ah.” Suho said softly, the girl chuckled and kept pace with him.

“I’m just happy you dropped by, I mean, I should be the one going to you since it was my boyfriend who caused all that mess at the party.” She reasoned as she crossed her arms, Suho glanced at her before untying the scarf he had on.

“I didn’t like how he was talking about you. I’m sorry if I hurt him.” Suho stated before leaning over to drape the scarf around her neck, he bit his lip before gesturing for her to put it on properly. The Samsung prince knew his boundaries and he was careful about it.

“You wanted to get something to eat, oppa? Something sweet?” Ahyoung asked as they waited for the pedestrian signal.

“You don’t like sweets.” Suho said back, Ahyoung grinned at him.

“I know a place.” She replied as they crossed the street, Suho tensed up when the girl suddenly reached for the sleeve of his coat and held onto it as they walked.

“Ahyoung-ah,”

She glanced at him briefly.

“I know I may sound like a bad person for saying this, but,”

“Oh no. Are you gonna go all adult on me now?” She sighed, but her tone was playful, open even. Suho smiled and looped her arm around his instead. Ahyoung felt her stomach tighten at the gesture.

“A bit. I’m sorry.” Suho mused back as they stopped before a fast food chain.

“Totally unhealthy, but French fries and a salted caramel sundae doesn’t sound do bad right now.” Ahyoung explained to him.

“I think….you should talk to him. Give him time…to explain himself.” Suho said softly as they walked in the establishment, he noticed how Ahyoung’s forehead creased.

“I mean, you’ve given me the chance to explain myself. You heard me out despite my untimely hour of dropping by.” Suho made the girl face him, she frowned.

“It’s hard to understand him, oppa. He wants me to be this other version of myself. Like…I don’t know why I he wants me to change for him.”

“I agree with you, Ahyoung-ah. But doing this will only escalate the problem. He already hates us, well, Seri being his usual target. I don’t want things to worsen between everyone. And I understand how you feel about this whole situation. I just don’t want it to seem like you’re taking sides, Ahyoung.”

Ahyoung paused, Suho noticed how her brows went up.

“Is…it bad if…I want things to..e—end between us?” She spoke, her voice so soft that it was barely a whisper. Suho was stunned with her words, but he met her gaze evenly before replying.

“You always have a choice, Ahyoung. And this one is yours to decide on.”

“I was expecting you to go all supportive on that, Kim Junmyeon-ssi.” She murmured as she padded towards the counter. Suho looked at her, but the girl glanced back and smiled at him.

“Did she really have to say that to me? Me? Of all people?” Suho murmured to himself as he searched for an empty table.

 

 

Chanyeol was on his computer when he heard the doors open, usually his secretary would contact him before letting someone in and that confused him a bit. It was a busy day for him and he wasn’t up for entertaining visitors.

“I had a bad day.”

The voice made him look up immediately, Seri was standing by the doorway, she sighed before putting her bag away and walking towards him.

“Why? I thought you were planning on spending it alone?” Chanyeol spoke, Seri shrugged and climbed onto his lap, he noticed how her forehead was creased as she leaned against him.

“What did go wrong today, Mrs. Park?” Chanyeol shut his laptop close and pulled the girl closer to his chest.

“Park Jinyoung happened.”

“Oh, was he asking for round two from Kim Junmyeon?”

“No. I don’t know how he managed to trace where I was, or is it because I never try out new places to hang out in. But he appeared there.”

Chanyeol paused, he noticed how Seri was pursing her lips. She was upset.

“What did he want to talk about?”

“He threatened to destroy everything I worked for since I did the same to him. When did I even do anything~”

“He threatened you?” Chanyeol repeated, there was an edge in his voice that Seri knew well.

“I mean, it was nothing~”

“Whoa, and now he goes around to give threats to women? Suho hyung should have used acid that night.” Chanyeol spat, his jaw twitching. Seri sighed and simply buried her face on the crook of his neck.

“I came here because you calm me down, but I guess that’s not the case for you.” She murmured softly, Chanyeol rubbed her back soothingly.

“Do you want to go home now? I can finish this later.” He asked her, Seri pulled away from him and smiled.

“It’s fine, I still have this thing with Soojin.” She said as she slid down from his lap and stood up.

“Okay, but dinner with me, alright?” He said as he followed her to the doors, she nodded back.

“Thanks for telling me this, baby.” Chanyeol smiled before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“You don’t have to walk me out.” She said to him before leaving, Chanyeol watched as his wife got inside the elevator before heading back to his office. He immediately picked up his phone and started to type a text message.

 

 

“Wow, Shin Seri was pissed.” Soojin commented, Sehun chuckled on his seat.

“Let me guess, she hates Park Jinyoung too?” Mark commented, Soojin laughed.

“Does everyone not like him? Except for Ahyoung?” Sehun asked before finishing his drink, Mark turned to him, amused.

“I bet Ahyoung is the only one who has the patience for a man like that.” Soojin replied, Mark leaned forward against the bar.

“A man like Park Jinyoung?” He repeated, Sehun leaned back on his seat and watched as Soojin put her apron back on.

“Overbearing, too possessive, bossy, and he always hovers over her.” Soojin explained and she crossed her arms.

“Is that why you decided to reject me?” Mark asked, Sehun’s eyes went to him briefly.

“No, not today, Mark Tuan.” Soojin replied, she looked at Sehun before speaking.

“I’m glad you two seemed to have made up, Sehun-ah.”

“I guess being here helped. Maybe she didn’t want you to witness how she was planning to yell at me.” Sehun said, his lips quirking up.

“Good move on not badgering her to talk to you, Oh Sehun.”

“I…I don’t really..badger people.” Sehun murmured, Soojin smiled at him, she went around the bar and plopped beside him. Mark paused, his eyes were at the two.

“Exactly, that’s why I like having you around.”

“Because I don’t badger?” Sehun repeated, confused.

“No, because you’re always so calm and you make things seem so easy and effortless.”

It’s not exactly very easy talking to you, Soojin.

Mark pursed her lips before grabbing his phone off the counter.

“Hey, I gotta go. See you around, miss Jung. It was nice meeting you, Sehun-ssi.” He spoke, Soojin gave him a wave and watched as he walked away from them.

“Hmm, lover boy was making you uncomfortable, huh?” Sehun spoke as soon as Mark was already outside, Soojin let out a sigh. Sehun felt his phone vibrate in his coat pocket and he quickly took it out to read that text from his cousin.

“I don’t know, I keep on saying no to him, but he just doesn’t seem to get it.” She murmured as she leaned on the counter.

“Lover boy.” Sehun mused, Soojin glared at him, he let out a small smile before reaching out to tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear. Soojin’s forehead creased and she looked away from him.

“Maybe I should have let Seri yell at you.” She shot back, Sehun laughed at her comment.

“Come on, you just used me to get rid of Mark, Soojin.”

“I didn’t, I really would rather talk to you, Sehun.” She faced him again and let out a small sigh.

“Why? Because I don’t hover?” Sehun mused at her, Soojin smiled and nodded.

“You’ve never made me feel like I need to continue a conversation despite how awkward it already is, and that’s really nice.”

 

 

“All I can say is that, Park Jinyoung is very brave. And very stupid.” Soojin commented as Seri pulled the car to a full stop.

“I’m sorry for having to drag you all the way here, I promised Chanyeol to have dinner with him.”

“Oh, Seri-ah, you didn’t have to~”

“it’s fine, it’s just dinner and I would have loved to ask Ahyoung, but, the girl isn’t picking up.” She mused as she slid down from the vehicle, Soojin followed her towards the house.

“I feel like I’m intruding.” Soojin murmured as they walked through the front door, Seri shok her head.

“It’s just dinner and, Chanyeol wont mind.” Seri grinned as she hooked arms with her friend, they reached the living room and the two paused.

“I didn’t know we were having a family reunion.” Seri blurted out, the three Samsung males were all looking at them.

“Soojin, hi.” Chanyeol greeted her, she smiled back at him.

“I thought we were having dinner, so…I got here early.” Seri murmured as she gestured for Soojin to sit down.

“We’re all eating here, where did you two go today?” Suho asked them with a warm smile, but there was something the air that Soojin couldn’t identify. It wasn’t tension or anything, but it seemed odd that they were all gathered in the living room.

“So, what’s up you three?” Seri asked as she shook off her heels and leaned back on the couch.

“We were just talking about the wet duck.” Sehun spoke as he crossed his leg over the other.

“Wet duck?” Seri repeated, Chanyeol grinned at her.

“Park Jinyoung threatened you in broad daylight. What a brave soul.” Sehun continued, Soojin started to nod.

“I didn’t know….that was worthy of discussing like this. I took care of it.” Seri reasoned, Suho turned to her, his brows raised.

“He started something he can’t even finish.” Soojin heard Chanyeol speak.

“What are you guys planning?” Seri asked, she reached for iPad on the table and she halted.

“He said he wanted to destroy you.” Suho stated, Soojin leaned over Seri’s shoulder to look at the screen.

“So, we got to destroying him first.” Chanyeol was beaming at them, Sehun nodded along, agreeing.

“You guys bought out Park Holdings.” Soojin murmured, shocked.

“Wow, and Suho oppa, you let them do this?”

“He touched you.” Suho replied with a shrug.

“And you donated everything to charity? So that…that charity owns half of Park Holdings now?” Soojin voiced out again, Chanyeol smiled and leaned back on his seat.

“We take care of our own, Soojin-ah. So, dinner?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++